Author Topic: [IC] Vega - GB begun; in-stock units shipped/shipping  (Read 462349 times)

Offline zzkhan1996

Re: [IC] Vega - Gasket seamless screwless 65% keyboard
« Reply #550 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:13:49 »
Looks like it will be like the previous kbd 8x mk2 and kbd 67 mk2.which will have spot sale of limited stock as well as a group buy that will deliver 2-3 months later
While that may be true, don't go around saying stuff that you're not 100% sure of

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well I said "looks like" not definitely, don't be such a hardass about it

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #551 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:26:23 »
Looks like it will be like the previous kbd 8x mk2 and kbd 67 mk2.which will have spot sale of limited stock as well as a group buy that will deliver 2-3 months later
While that may be true, don't go around saying stuff that you're not 100% sure of

I'm not being a hardass, your word choice makes it sound like you're fairly certain that what you're saying is true. If you were trying to say that you're purely guessing what the sales format will be, then you should probably rephrase yourself.

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #552 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:44:31 »

I'm not being a hardass, your word choice makes it sound like you're fairly certain that what you're saying is true. If you were trying to say that you're purely guessing what the sales format will be, then you should probably rephrase yourself.

Since when does looks like = definitely? Judging by other group buy in the past that created by ai03 i said that it looks like it will be like that.

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #553 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:48:51 »

Since when does looks like = definitely? Judging by other group buy in the past that created by ai03 i said that it looks like it will be like that.

words like 'could' and 'might' indicate possibility, while 'will' implies that something's most likely to be true

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #554 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:53:15 »

The only unlimited groupbuy that ai03 ran so far was the Polaris and that created quite a bit of problems during the production and shipping.

The KBD series boards aren't exactly groupbuys and they weren't run by ai03.
They were just a collaboration / commission design work for KBDfans where ai03 had nothing to do with the groupbuy fulfilment.

All other groupbuys that he ran were limited in-stock or pre-orders (Lunar, Andromea, Orbit-X)

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #555 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 09:59:43 »

The only unlimited groupbuy that ai03 ran so far was the Polaris and that created quite a bit of problems during the production and shipping.

The KBD series boards aren't exactly groupbuys and they weren't run by ai03.
They were just a collaboration / commission design work for KBDfans where ai03 had nothing to do with the groupbuy fulfilment.

All other groupbuys that he ran were limited in-stock or pre-orders (Lunar, Andromea, Orbit-X)

Doesn't mean there won't be a chance for an unlimited GB though, is up to ai03 choices. Messed up one time doesn't mean you can't learn to do it better next time.

I don't know about how big ai03 company or the company that he cooperative is? But there are unlimited GB with large quantities in the past like the Canoe from Percent studio or Space65/Think 6.5 from Gray studio that went (mostly) without any hiccups.

Oh well, we'll just have to see
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:01:49 by zzkhan1996 »

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #556 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:01:17 »
Doesn't mean there won't be a chance for an unlimited GB though, is up to ai03 choices. Messed up one time doesn't mean you can't learn to do it better next time.

I don't know about how big ai03 company or the company that he cooperative is? But there are unlimited GB with large quantities in the past like the Canoe from Percent studio or Space65/Think 6.5 from Gray studio that went (mostly) without any hiccups.

You do know that ai03 is one single person?
He's not a company. Nobody in this hobby is.
It's all just hobbyists that like to make stuff.

Keycult for example is just two people.  :blank:

And Percent groupbuys are not unlimited either. They just have a very high limit.

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:03:56 »

And Percent groupbuys are not unlimited either. They just have a very high limit.

Well I don't know that but there's a chance that can cooperate with a factory or company that can mass manufacture the Vega and make much less of a mess compare to Polaris right? We'll just have to see

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #558 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:07:30 »
Well I don't know that but there's a chance that can cooperate with a factory or company that can mass manufacture the Vega and make much less of a mess compare to Polaris right? We'll just have to see

The Polaris was handled by KBDfans which is probably the biggest vendor in this hobby rn with around 20 people.
And they still created a total mess out of it with one delay after another.

Like I said there aren't really any big companies in this hobby that are able to handle mass production of these high end keyboards.
Manufacturing the stuff is not a problem because there are tons of companies in china that do that kinda stuff.
The handling of the quality control and the shipping is the problem. And you just can't handle 1000+ units in a realistic timeframe with just two or three people.
And most hobbyist vendors are just that small. Even Novelkeys which is probably the largest vendor for the US rn is just 4 people.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:10:22 by elmo »

Offline leexy

« Reply #559 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:13:37 »
lol stop speculating smh

Looks like it
I don't know

Well I don't know

We'll just have to see
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:23:20 by leexy »

Offline zzkhan1996

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:14:59 »

The Polaris was handled by KBDfans which is probably the biggest vendor in this hobby rn with around 20 people.
And they still created a total mess out of it with one delay after another.

Like I said there aren't really any big companies in this hobby that are able to handle mass production of these high end keyboards.
Manufacturing the stuff is not a problem because there are tons of companies in china that do that kinda stuff.
The handling of the quality control and the shipping is the problem. And you just can't handle 1000+ units in a realistic timeframe with just two or three people.
And most hobbyist vendors are just that small. Even Novelkeys which is probably the largest vendor for the US rn is just 4 people.

Now that you mentioned it not only the polaris but also the GB of kbd67mk2 are abysmal at first. But i would like to keep things on a positive note given how much I loved ai03 design style

Offline 100 percent horse

« Reply #561 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:26:49 »
Why not just wait for more confirmed info rather than guessing or inferring what's going to happen? Be prepared for any situation, don't expect that you're guaranteed to get a Vega but don't expect to have to rush to place an order for one either. Just go with the flow and watch.

Offline pRoDeeD

• MouseMods
« Reply #562 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 10:27:20 »
Thank you so much for including an ISO layout! might end up needing this!

Offline Techlet

« Reply #563 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 13:11:50 »
Don't hold out hope for an unlimited GB but do know that there will be multiple runs.

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 17:44:04 »
Lmfao
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 23:34:53 »
Is this running on ai03.com?

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #566 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 00:12:24 »
Is this running on ai03.com?

My guess is no, probably through a vendor like Polaris
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 October 2020, 01:28:36 by tommyhongg »
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline Froosty

• New to custom keyboards
« Reply #567 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:08:36 »
The board looks Amazing! Waiting for it.
Hopefully it will be available in EU.
Folowing all the news about it.

Cheers!

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #568 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:18:24 »

Cheers!
Only one vendor and it's not going to be an EU one.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #569 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:21:06 »

Cheers!
it's still going to be available worldwide.

you will just have to pay for international shipping and might have to pay import taxes.

Offline Froosty

• New to custom keyboards
« Reply #570 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:30:28 »

Cheers!
it's still going to be available worldwide.

you will just have to pay for international shipping and might have to pay import taxes.
Oh alright , that will not be an issue for such a beauty

Offline Domantas

« Reply #571 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 13:06:05 »
I kinda don't agree avoiding proxies (especially in countries with high taxes), because often existence of proxies is determining factor whenever to buy or not buy, when choosing between two similar boards. After spending a lot for taxes, you really start to appretiate runners choosing proxies
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 October 2020, 13:10:17 by Domantas »

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #572 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 14:53:12 »
You can't avoid import tax. It will just be the proxy paying for it and it will reflect in the price.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 October 2020, 23:24:19 by Audiobs »

Offline SortaToast

• New to this, but loving it!
« Reply #573 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 16:32:30 »
So I am assuming I am to late for this? Kinda new to this whole deal, but if not I am very interested!
New to this, interests coming soon!

Offline acaban

« Reply #574 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 17:06:18 »
given the board is on display at Maker Faire Tokyo 2020, anyone with real video of it?  :)

Offline StingrayShuffle

« Reply #575 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 00:19:28 »
So I am assuming I am to late for this? Kinda new to this whole deal, but if not I am very interested!

You are not late. Keep an eye on this thread for more info.

Offline eyoung1103

« Reply #576 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 02:29:35 »
Can't wait for this - Polaris was my first custom mech keyboard and I hope I get to add Vega to the family.

Offline s0faking

« Reply #577 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 05:51:06 »
This looks absolutely incredible. Can't wait for it.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #578 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 06:20:04 »
You can't avoid import tax. It will just be the proxy paying for it and it will reflect in the price.

But it is always cheaper than to pay taxes. They save money somewhere when ordering a lot
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2020, 06:21:44 by Domantas »

Offline ChrisJoy

« Reply #579 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 07:59:10 »
I've already got my money ready. Take it and delivery the case to me!!

Offline SortaToast

• New to this, but loving it!
« Reply #580 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 10:47:54 »

You are not late. Keep an eye on this thread for more info.

Thank you! Then I am excited for this!
New to this, interests coming soon!

Offline MediocreTurtle

« Reply #581 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 19:27:48 »

But it is always cheaper than to pay taxes. They save money somewhere when ordering a lot

Stop talking nonsense. The price of GBs in EU stores is literally USD price converted in EUR+ VAT (21%). Plus adding vendors adds overall cost to the board across all proxies. I would also like an EU store to proxy it, but I have no issues just ordering it from where ever and then just paying the import tax myself.

Only thing more expensive for us would be shipping.

Offline kumori

• polartype
« Reply #582 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 20:09:25 »
my next board uwu

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #583 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 03:24:30 »
Definitely getting one. Can't wait for it!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #584 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 11:31:20 »
Stop talking nonsense. The price of GBs in EU stores is literally USD price converted in EUR+ VAT (21%). Plus adding vendors adds overall cost to the board across all proxies. I would also like an EU store to proxy it, but I have no issues just ordering it from where ever and then just paying the import tax myself.

He's not necessarily talking nonsense really, because to be fair it depends on where you're from and what the shipping method is - VAT is 23% where I live and handling fees are through the roof, with other countries having up to like 27%, so for a hobby like keyboards where purchases + shipping can be upward of $600 2 to 6% more along with fees etc can be a decent amount of money. Especially if vendors go with like DHL Express, which basically makes you pay 40-60€ for purchases outside the EU, buying from "local" stores is way cheaper AND easier than importing.

I have paid 100€ in just import fees and VAT for a wrist rest that cost me $80 before, it's not fun, surprises like that do not happen when buying from EU vendors. People have every right to speak up about stuff like that.

Offline SenseiJia

• Hey you.
« Reply #585 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 22:38:37 »
We're getting closer and closer to this...

Offline mellowcake

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 06:02:41 »
interested!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #587 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 08:42:00 »
 :eek: must has

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Domantas

« Reply #588 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:00:58 »

He's not necessarily talking nonsense really, because to be fair it depends on where you're from and what the shipping method is - VAT is 23% where I live and handling fees are through the roof, with other countries having up to like 27%, so for a hobby like keyboards where purchases + shipping can be upward of $600 2 to 6% more along with fees etc can be a decent amount of money. Especially if vendors go with like DHL Express, which basically makes you pay 40-60€ for purchases outside the EU, buying from "local" stores is way cheaper AND easier than importing.

I have paid 100€ in just import fees and VAT for a wrist rest that cost me $80 before, it's not fun, surprises like that do not happen when buying from EU vendors. People have every right to speak up about stuff like that.

Yup, that's how it works. People who didn't pay hundred euro for vat and tax combined won't understand why we love proxies. There are so much more hidden fees than ordering through eu vendor. Vendors always find ways how to cut down cost and both them and us benefit from that. And yes the main problem is when over seas vendors chooses random courier service which ask 40 euro as they are "fullfilling documents"
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:07:03 by Domantas »

Offline santela

« Reply #589 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:23:22 »

Wait, I believe Percent GBs are actually unlimited? I got in on the China Skog Reboot GB and that was definitely unlimited. I don't know how they run things internationally though, might be slightly different since the logistics are more difficult. And the Vega pre-order in China will also be unlimited according to Kevinplus.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2020, 22:25:37 by santela »

Offline halfbasic

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 10:49:20 »
10/10 will buy.

Offline koma_enu

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 14 October 2020, 23:39:33 »
Do you think GB is performed during this month?

Offline xarly06

« Reply #592 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 01:42:00 »
Do you think GB is performed during this month?
9th of October ai03 said this on Discord.
"Vega: This month if all goes well"

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #593 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 16:56:05 »
Sorry for the silence as of late; I oft forget to check GH

Vega was supposed to drop in at mid-October, but due to delays in manufacturing and preparation I'm not 100% sure when it will drop at the moment. Kevin's stated that end of October might be possible if everything goes perfectly, but we all know what happens with ETAs.

All the remaining info will be released in one set (hopefully) once everything is in line.

Offline kev0

« Reply #594 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 02:14:00 »
Definitely going to try and secure one of these when it drops. Just wished that the blue was more of a Navy, but the current one is fine. Excited for this!!

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #595 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 19:14:29 »
Sorry for the silence as of late; I oft forget to check GH

Vega was supposed to drop in at mid-October, but due to delays in manufacturing and preparation I'm not 100% sure when it will drop at the moment. Kevin's stated that end of October might be possible if everything goes perfectly, but we all know what happens with ETAs.

All the remaining info will be released in one set (hopefully) once everything is in line.

Excellent quality is always worth the wait! Please don't stress yourself over this, and just let us know when you're ready. Better to have a well-planned product that's great than a rushed one that's not as good :)

Offline kwany

« Reply #596 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 23:17:12 »
Can't wait for this to drop!

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #597 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 00:01:17 »
Can't wait for this to drop!

No, I can't wait for this to drop.

Offline ljyel

• gamecube
« Reply #598 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 14:38:49 »
getting goosebumps already! can't wait for this to finally drop and hopefully secure a spot!
Keyboards: Think6.5v2 | Plume65 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | Vertigo

Offline PuchuKing33

« Reply #599 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 18:30:07 »
Can wait to get my hands on this case (first build btw). One question, what plate should I pick if I want the keyboard to be silence as possible? The aluminum or Polycarbonate?

Thanks in advanced