Author Topic: [GB] ePBT Soju | GB CLOSED, FINAL NUMBERS OUT!  (Read 17371 times)

Offline dandruff

[GB] ePBT Soju | GB CLOSED, FINAL NUMBERS OUT!
« on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 23:03:53 »

GB Date:
January 29, 2021 - February 24, 2021

Hey everyone! Alas, ePBT Soju is live so now I can get drunk!

ePBT Soju
Render by me (Leopold fc660m)

Kits:

Base Kit

Novelties

Green Grape Accent

Peach Accent

40s kit

International/ISO Kit

sorry scuffed picture

Numpad

Accent Spacebars

Alpha Spacebars

Renders:

Rendered on Pillow65

Rendered on Eclipse

Rendered on U80

Deskmats:

Original

Peach                                                                                                                                 Green Grape

Deskmats designed by Shannie

THOK Cap:

Estimated Production and Shipping Dates:
Production will start after GB ends and reverse dye-sub technology is perfected.
Based on previous ePBT sets, 6-8 months

Vendors:
US: Kono
CA: DeskHero
EU: MyKeyboard
OCE: DailyClack
KR: MonstarGear
SEA: Monokei
Rest of Asia: KBDFans
Monokei and KBDFans are not doing deskmats (sorry!)

Pricing:

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:28:24 by dandruff »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] ePBT Soju | GB is Live | Jan 29th- Feb 24th
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 05:32:19 »
approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 11:06:39 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2021, 19:41:09 by dvorcol »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 17:36:44 »
Thank you to dvorcol for constantly doing so much for this community!

As for the sales number, I’m completely in shock... I was hoping to just not get a flopped GB and get cancelled. Honestly it has been stressing me how it would do. It was constantly in my head that it’d either do poor or good enough to hit MOQ. Never did I think I would’ve had these numbers for the day 1 sale. When I found out, I was honestly at a loss for words. Thank you for everyone’s support.

Offline phedd

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 05:01:35 »
"Cutting down the base kit, I moved the 1.25 shift to the international/iso kit. That shift is usually used in place of the 2.25 shift with the <> or \| key next to it in ISO"

I was obviously talking about the misaligned arrow lol, on top of the text?
To the left or no text at all.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 05:07:54 »
Oh yes, you are correct. Woops, that KLE Program for that picture did not put that up correctly. My bad on that part. It will be printed like this:

Apologies on not catching that earlier

Offline ESJvR

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 17:52:48 »
Love the International Kit

Offline HanGhoul

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 11:37:57 »
Same. However, the ß key looks way off. The symbol is too thin compared to all other keys. Don't know if it's final already or still can be changed, but worth pointing out.
For example (just because I'm using it right now), the ß symbol used in the Royal Navy NorDe kit would fit better.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 13:33:57 »
Same. However, the ß key looks way off. The symbol is too thin compared to all other keys. Don't know if it's final already or still can be changed, but worth pointing out.
For example (just because I'm using it right now), the ß symbol used in the Royal Navy NorDe kit would fit better.
Woops, I should’ve addressed that! I was aware of that issue. The picture of the international kit is very scuffed and is done through KLE file converter. AI files being sent to manufacturer uses the same line-width and font throughout (and some of the defects from that picture will be fixed).

Offline HanGhoul

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 14:47:26 »
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up!

Offline TheEskhaton

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 19:07:06 »
Love this set; mine is pre-ordered!! Wondering if there are any collabs for a custom cable? Thanks

Offline dandruff

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 19:08:21 »
Love this set; mine is pre-ordered!! Wondering if there are any collabs for a custom cable? Thanks
Hey! Thank you for the support. There is a planned collab with LuxeCables but that’s going to be a bit late. I’ll likely reopen up my IC or update here when he’s ready to take orders!

Offline TheEskhaton

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 19:10:00 »
Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply :)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 22:15:00 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2021, 18:20:41 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 18:20:20 »

Offline tkh531

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 00:08:48 »
Is there no support for a 1.5u control key for HHKB layouts?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 07:33:42 »
Is there no support for a 1.5u control key for HHKB layouts?

In my first or second IC form (don't remember), there were about 3 people who wanted it out of 500+, and ultimately in the final kitting, I decided to leave it out. Also this exact kitting helped me get KBDFans to 99 retail, which was my ideal price. Sorry about that (especially to the HHKB users)!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 19:19:54 »

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 11:41:50 »
Will be green modifier keys be dye-subbed green or will the actual plastic be colored like gmk, sa etc?

I only have one ePBT set, 2048 and alignment is so so, but also compared with gmk the spacebars are a millimeter or so shorter, pretty annoying.
(so much that set is laying in a box)..
Also if my memory serves me ePBT keycaps don't go as low as gmk so at least on my old Zephyr I would see under the caps which I couldn't with gmk on the same board.

Normally I would have walked away when I saw ePBT, but it so green and tempting I just wanted to ask and see if anyone know if these problems have been resolved yet?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 12:17:55 »
Will be green modifier keys be dye-subbed green or will the actual plastic be colored like gmk, sa etc?

I only have one ePBT set, 2048 and alignment is so so, but also compared with gmk the spacebars are a millimeter or so shorter, pretty annoying.
Also if my memory serves me ePBT keycaps don't go as low as gmk so at least on my old Zephyr I would see under the caps which I couldn't with gmk on the same board.

Normally I would have walked away when I saw ePBT, but it so green and tempting I just wanted to ask and see if anyone know if these problems have been resolved yet?

- This will be reverse dye-sub, so it will not be ABS like GMK. However, in the past, ePBT has done relatively well color matching, but I will not say that it will be "actual plastic like GMK/SA (ABS)"

- As for spacebars, I BELIEVE they have improved their spacebar molds drastically and at least the two sets that I've received in hand from their recent drops, there is a noticeable improvement.

- As for how low the keycap sits, that is likely due to warping. I believe a majority of dye-subs (including CRP) sits relatively higher than GMK due to this, but I do think it is not noticeable as prior. The more recent ones (Ivory/Cool Kids) have shown signs of improvements compared to even my ePBT GOK BoW set.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 12:25:24 »

I made a comparison to GMK and CRP using a newer ePBT set that has the new spacebar molds: http://imgur.com/a/OMSO0Eh

Offline sl33p

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 13:52:13 »
I just want your mat. Are they going to be shipped out early? If so do you have a estimated date?

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 14:10:07 »

I made a comparison to GMK and CRP using a newer ePBT set that has the new spacebar molds: http://imgur.com/a/OMSO0Eh

Your link doesn't load anything on imgur?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:42:59 »
I just want your mat. Are they going to be shipped out early? If so do you have a estimated date?

From what I've seen from previous GBs, some vendors will ship out deskmats earlier if you buy them separately. I do not have an estimated date for deskmats as every vendor is different.

Your link doesn't load anything on imgur?

I think it should load now! Imgur was down for a tad.

Offline dandruff

Re: [GB] ePBT Soju | GB is Live | Jan 29th- Feb 24th + Giveaway
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 20:38:45 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLadPaiH9n6/
Shameless Plugging my giveaway  ;)

Offline HanGhoul

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 04:57:46 »
Still pondering whether to get the bottle novelty cap aswell...
Seeing the render on your instagram I tend more to spend the money, looks sweet. Should be included in your first post!

Offline dandruff

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 16:43:50 »
Still pondering whether to get the bottle novelty cap aswell...
Seeing the render on your instagram I tend more to spend the money, looks sweet. Should be included in your first post!

In my opinion... I think you should get the novelty cap... and yeah, I'll add in the renders!

Offline Yumelon

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 04:49:09 »
its going to look good on my next clear build

Offline OTWonder

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 14:52:02 »
Any updates on if the soju cap reached the MOQ? I really hope it gets there  ;D

Offline dandruff

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 15:10:05 »
Any updates on if the soju cap reached the MOQ? I really hope it gets there  ;D

Even with outdated data, I can tell you with 100% certainty that MOQ will be hit! If updated, I'm 99.99999999999% sure MOQ is already hit. Also, vendors are willing to add a decent amount of extras, so everything in this set will be made!  :thumb:

Offline dandruff

Re: [GB] ePBT Soju | Jan 29th- Feb 24th + BASE KIT GIVEAWAY | LAST DAY
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 01:37:25 »
Everything has officially hit MOQ (including THOK)!  :thumb:

Also, I got manufacturer to add R2 PgUp and R3 PgDn without affecting cost of kit!

To celebrate the last day, I will be giving away a base kit on Instagram (shameless plugging again): https://www.instagram.com/p/CLqoXmJnn1p/

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:27:23 »
damn you Dandruff. I managed to resist all the way to the last day but that 40's kit is too damn good to pass up.

Great job!

Offline dandruff

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 20:52:52 »
damn you Dandruff. I managed to resist all the way to the last day but that 40's kit is too damn good to pass up.

Great job!

I knew last day pressure would crack down on some people  :p. But on the real though, thank you a ton for the support and kind words!

Offline Crims0n5

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 01:50:04 »
Darn.. I missed the giveaway.. good thing I ordered the base kit and novelties! :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] ePBT Soju | GB CLOSED, FINAL NUMBERS SOON
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 00:53:03 »

More
<-- final without extras