Author Topic: Artisan caps bazaar/ Separation from Classifieds  (Read 3222 times)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Artisan caps bazaar/ Separation from Classifieds
« on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 05:57:05 »
I don't know how others feel but I would like to have a separate sub forum for the artisan cap trades/wtb/wts . The classifieds looks now like a swap market, it is so hard to dig thru all the artisan swap threads in search of a keyboard or a keycap set. If you have a WTS or WTB thread it gets buried under the BB/CC/KBK&CO you have to dig 2-3 pages after 1 day and bump it like crazy.
For me this is annoying, I don't care much about artisan caps, I like them, but I'm more interested into keyboard stuff and a separation would be nice in my opinion

Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: Artisan caps bazaar/ Separation from Classifieds
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 18:06:39 »
Not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind this.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 18:17:55 »
I think you're mistaken. If there were a classifieds board solely for artisan caps, most people would spend all their time there, and your regular threads would lose traffic, decreasing sales probability.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 18:52:35 »
I think you're mistaken. If there were a classifieds board solely for artisan caps, most people would spend all their time there, and your regular threads would lose traffic, decreasing sales probability.

Not everyone wants to buy just artisan keycaps :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 19:19:55 »
Yes, well you'll notice I said MOST people. No need to play fool to the truth.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 19:20:10 »

Not everyone wants to buy just artisan keycaps :p

Something like 50% of the accounts on GH are for buying artisan caps.

While you're correct, it's a much smaller percentage than those who do only want to buy artisan caps.

I'm against this idea.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 19:27:38 »
Yes, well you'll notice I said MOST people. No need to play fool to the truth.

Technically most could mean 50% or more.  To me "most" means at least 90% :p

And the other 10% don't buy anything :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 20:58:15 »
I don't think any separation is needed.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 21:36:55 »

I'm with moose on this one. While I agree it's kind of difficult to wade through the literal mountain of WTB:CC/BBV2 to find other good/services I would much rather have the extra exposure.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline pasph

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 21:46:07 »
The sub forum without artisan caps already exist, it's name is DT
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 22:59:18 »
:p this is a good one :p

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 03:39:33 »
Regular sales lose traffic anyway, they get buried on the 2nd or 3rd page under the artisan trades. This is why I came with this proposal.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:00:27 »

It could be worse.  ;D

I could see trades deserving a separate forum;  I don't think I would remove all artisan cap listings from the classifieds board.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 04:35:49 »
Don't know what the best solution is but something needs to be done, the number of WTT and WTB threads are seriously dwarfing actual sale listings.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 05:09:26 »
Don't know what the best solution is but something needs to be done, the number of WTT and WTB threads are seriously dwarfing actual sale listings.

I would suggest separating WTB and WTT, but even then, I think the same thing would happen for those people. I don't think many people go specifically into the classifieds searching to sell their item, else they'd just post a WTS. Those threads are only seen when people are browsing for themselves and notice it, and think hey I might be okay selling my [whatever] today, send message.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 06:19:05 »

:))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 08:47:14 »
I wouldn't mind a WTT forum. Leave WTB with FS since they go together and like moose said the WTB posts still get seen by folks perusing the FS thread.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 09:14:31 »
I don't know how others feel but I would like to have a separate sub forum for the artisan cap trades/wtb/wts . The classifieds looks now like a swap market, it is so hard to dig thru all the artisan swap threads in search of a keyboard or a keycap set. If you have a WTS or WTB thread it gets buried under the BB/CC/KBK&CO you have to dig 2-3 pages after 1 day and bump it like crazy.
For me this is annoying, I don't care much about artisan caps, I like them, but I'm more interested into keyboard stuff and a separation would be nice in my opinion

I contacted a mod about this same idea about a week ago and received no response :(

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 09:17:00 »
I like it.

I'm also getting a bit annoyed with misleading/old&sold titles.