Author Topic: [closed] CherpKeys [SmallFry complete - thank you techkeys 💖]  (Read 64094 times)

Offline pas008

Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update. I am in the process of painting the plastic keys, and I am hoping to start mailing them out before I move again in 2 weeks. The metal keycaps upon inspection had stems that had been printed improperly, so unfortunately I had to reorder them with a new design. I won't have them back before I move, but finishing those for rust prevention will not take long. Barring that this next set has a problem, too, we are looking at late February delivery for metals and early for plastics (possibly in January, I will TRY MY BEST). I will be mailing in order of the orders placed.

To a new start and the purchase of ACRYLIC materials.

thx for update

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
tks 4 upd8
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline cherpalla

Hey guys - I'm in California now getting settled. I am still waiting on the redos of the metal caps, and I got a bit overwhelmed and haven't painted anything yet, but I'll start this week.

Cher
c h e r

Offline pas008

Oh Wow a Detriot Lions Keycap by tasker too

that I ordered from cherpkeys and never received along with starman

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57263.0

Offline mylove1431

• A little bear
really nice cap .... plz tell me where i can get it  :(
Just A little Bear

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Any update on these?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
She hasn't been on since February. Noted in the MIA thread.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Asked her on skype but she ignores me...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Not looking for her specifically, but what ever happened to Cherpalla?

She just dipped.  Still posts on twitter and streams on twitch.

more specifically that was mentioned

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
I just had a conversation with Cher via Twitter DMs, and this is project not dead, just stalled.

When she moved recently, the boxes in her basement were accidentally left behind by the movers and she has to repurchase all her art supplies. She said she really needs to find a balance for her life before she can even repurchase art supplies. Luckily, she still has the unfinished keycaps, because they were in another room when the movers came. When she has the supplies to paint the caps, she will let everyone know. Until then, she says she has no new updates.

Unfortunately, she also lost all her keyboards in the same incident. As you may imagine, that has made her quite reluctant to come around here.

So, patience. This will eventually work itself out.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Perhaps having unfinished keys sent out could be an option?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Perhaps having unfinished keys sent out could be an option?

Yes, that is something I am discussing with her. She isn't fully unpacked from her move yet, but she has something coming up next month that hopefully will allow her to get these sent out unfinished in July. Whether to the purchasers directly, or to someone else for finishing and/or distribution.

in memoriam

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
I don't mind helping with distribution - I don't think anyone would want me to "finish" their caps :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
I just had a conversation with Cher via Twitter DMs, and this is project not dead, just stalled.

When she moved recently, the boxes in her basement were accidentally left behind by the movers and she has to repurchase all her art supplies. She said she really needs to find a balance for her life before she can even repurchase art supplies. Luckily, she still has the unfinished keycaps, because they were in another room when the movers came. When she has the supplies to paint the caps, she will let everyone know. Until then, she says she has no new updates.

Unfortunately, she also lost all her keyboards in the same incident. As you may imagine, that has made her quite reluctant to come around here.

So, patience. This will eventually work itself out.

Wow, that really sucks :( did the people who moved in to her old place throw her stuff away or something?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Re: CherpKeys -- 3-D Novelty Keycaps -- LR1: SmallFry CapCap [Taking Orders 9/14]
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:41:10 »
Did this ever get resolved?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: CherpKeys -- 3-D Novelty Keycaps -- LR1: SmallFry CapCap [Taking Orders 9/14]
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 16:50:45 »
Did this ever get resolved?

No word that I'm aware of yet.  I sent a PM awhile back and haven't heard anything.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Necro'ing this because I think a lot of people are owed keys or a refund....any word on the status here?  Are we just all boned?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
CherpKeys -- 3-D Novelty Keycaps -- LR1: SmallFry CapCap [Taking Orders 9/14]
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 17:46:45 »
Last I hear she just ditched GH and anything having to deal with it.

Never hard of anyone getting their money back

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
AFAIK she's gone.  Works for Blizz now, streams on twitch, doesn't give a damn about what she did

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
AFAIK she's gone.  Works for Blizz now, streams on twitch, doesn't give a damn about what she did

Got to love how just about every project with smallfry's name to it has turned into a cluster****.  This is why I hate when people do buys or projects or anything with the memory of someone attached to it.  We have a great guy whose memory is being associated with bull**** instead of remembered for the good person he was.

Anyone have any idea about how many people took part in the buy or how many were purchased?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
I DM'd Cher on twitter a few weeks ago, and she said she would ship the keys to me. But I haven't heard anything else from her, nor seen the keys since then. It's really very annoying when you volunteer to help someone, and they can't be arsed to even put the tiniest bit of effort toward making things right.

She is @cherlequin on twitter, if anyone else wants to try.

in memoriam

Offline LunarisDream

I DM'd Cher on twitter a few weeks ago, and she said she would ship the keys to me. But I haven't heard anything else from her, nor seen the keys since then. It's really very annoying when you volunteer to help someone, and they can't be arsed to even put the tiniest bit of effort toward making things right.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Show Image

So you're saying she's going to make things right?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Got to love how just about every project with smallfry's name to it has turned into a cluster****.  This is why I hate when people do buys or projects or anything with the memory of someone attached to it.  We have a great guy whose memory is being associated with bull**** instead of remembered for the good person he was.

Anyone have any idea about how many people took part in the buy or how many were purchased?

It's disgusting when people attach themselves to stuff like this. Like who the **** was cherpalla to try to do something in memory of smallfry?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Did she donate the promised amount of money to the fund? That's all I care about
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline cherpalla

Re: [closed] CherpKeys [SmallFry pending completion via techkeys]
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 10:06:18 »
Update:

TechKeys // i3oilermaker is helping me out to send these out. I moved again last month so I don't have them on hand, and the moving company will not give me a date of when my items will be delivered, so I'm not sure when I will get them over to TechKeys for processing. They said 'unofficially' my stuff was loaded two days ago.

Explanation:

A lot of you saw on Twitter after my move to California I got a job at Blizzard and essentially mentally blocked out most things for the better part of a year.

Keep in mind you have no idea what somebody may be dealing with. I knew I couldn't handle being demonized over all of this, so I just stayed away. I lost my keyboards, too. This was a dark pit I couldn't enter.

When I started this project I was in a great place. I loved my job, had a house, felt useful and was chipping away at my issues from my past that I've shared with a couple of people. Then I made a horrible mistake that bled all over my life to try to work things out with the father of my child, leaving the job, house and independent security I was working on. Since my life was built on a shaky foundation that I won't get into - I fell apart. I lost everything and the man kicked me out leaving me with essentially nothing, but mostly my dignity and self-worth.

I moved to California to get my **** together without affecting my child's development. I had to ignore a lot of things in order to focus on the prior 30 years of damage that I had blocked out and ran from. It was much harder than I thought it was going to be and took longer than I anticipated as well. What you saw on social media was me hiding that damage from my online persona and trying to stay relevant.

During the spring someone reached out to help and I agreed, but I couldn't even bring myself to look for the keys in all of my unpacked boxes. I just didn't know where to start.

One day everything clicked for me. I don't know what it was, but things have changed. I can handle stress and jerks alike and I'm working on making things right here. A few weeks later i3oilermaker reached out to help get this finished and I will be working with him in the mean time. I would like to paint the keys, but I know I don't have the time and I'd have to find all the supplies and everything again. I'm sending the one painted keycap to i3oilermaker with the caps/information sheet.

For those who reached out on Skype, I wasn't ignoring you. I'm not sure why it showed me online as I haven't been on it in close to a year... maybe more. Like I said, the mistake I made bled all over my life, not just over this project.

I am not asking for forgiveness, or your trust, I'm working on other stuff right now to keep on track, namely just mom-stuff. However, I do apologize for how you all were affected by the choices I made that led up to stuff.

@ pas008:
I checked my shapeways history and I did order your Lions key in October 2014 and a starman on 9/11/2014, so those should be in the same box as the SmallFry caps.

Others:
There are also a few other keycaps in my orders, but outside of the SmallFry caps, I've kept terrible records, so I'm not sure to whom they should go to. Once the movers deliver my stuff and I can go through the keys, I will post here photos of the keys I have so they can get to whom they were supposed to go.

- Cher
c h e r

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Re: [closed] CherpKeys [SmallFry pending completion via techkeys]
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:12:45 »
Update - if you participated in this GB you should have received an email, if you have not please PM me and provide your current address.

I have the keys and are shipping them as I receive current addresses.