Author Topic: Dolly V2 Intro Sale - 10.10.15 @4:30PST  (Read 46719 times)

Offline captvizcenzo

Re: Dolly V2 Intro Sale - 10.10.15 @4:30PST
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:56:59 »
Can't believe I missed this one too :(

There will be another ...

I know I'm being really butthurt and whiney, but why do first-come-first-serve? You probably have the same chance as a raffle, but a raffle is psychologically less traumatic IMO.

First come first serve is wayyyyy more fun.  So much more energy and excitement, and even if you don't win you feel like you participated in something huge.  Raffles are cool and all, but there's very little magic to them.

totally agree.
+1, as long as it'll be at a right time. :p

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 18:03:05 »
Sigh, how could I miss this
going away for few days = recipe for failure at GH /cry
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 18:18:16 »
Maybe alternating between first come first serve and raffles...  :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 18:40:21 »
I well and truly hate raffles and the only way to make them 100% transparent is to do a live drawing.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 18:41:21 »
I think both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages.
My first Bro raffle was for the galaxy editions (forgot the exact name) and I lost. Like many, I was frustrated but knew I at least had as equal a chance as everybody else.
I joined the Cherokey GB and was stoked, and recently won the Rustler cap and am VERY excited.

I had a family emergency this past weekend and so missed this one since I wasn't online as much. Otherwise I definitely could've nabbed one!

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 18:52:41 »
Time to start handing out tickets like the lottery, and live streaming the results.. :D

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 18:35:51 »
I well and truly hate raffles and the only way to make them 100% transparent is to do a live drawing.

I agree. Making raffles 100% transparent is quite hard, and doing this live on the forums saves you (the artisan) from taking crap about sales being rigged/etc.

I've missed a lot of sales like this because I was working, something came up, etc, etc, but I don't feel like I'm personally entitled to be able to participate either so I'll wait around until the next one. End of the day all the various ways of selling caps in these sales are as unique as the caps themselves, keeps things interesting  ;D
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:11:10 »
Got mine in, looks amazing! All around very quality cap, and a first for me. I tried to keep the background as crazy as the cap itself...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:13:43 »
I was going to say love the pic, then realized the background is a man making out with a dog.  Now I don't know what to feel.

Glad you love the cap!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:16:39 »
Got mine in, I will try to snap a pic later

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:18:58 »
I was going to say love the pic, then realized the background is a man making out with a dog.  Now I don't know what to feel.

Glad you love the cap!

I can flip the record over if you want, it has a Person and Cat making out, if you're more a cat person  :p

And thanks!

Also, you packed some of the best candy ever. I was going to include it in the pic, but it got ate right away  :-X

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:19:22 »
And remember dustinhxc started a post your nubs thread a bit back if you want to cross post there.

Glad you love the cap!

I can flip the record over if you want, it has a Person and Cat making out, if you're more a cat person  :p

And thanks!

Also, you packed some of the best candy ever. I was going to include it in the pic, but it got ate right away  :-X

Haha, ok, now it makes sense.  I am more of a cat person.  What record is it?

As for candy, Trader Joe's is awesome.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:24:11 »
Re: first come first serve  - i like that there's some dedication and work that one has to put in to get the caps. It's equal chance for everyone and you know the time and date way in advance. So you gotta set aside that 5 minutes (maybe less) to get a chance at it. In today's mobile world, an excuse to the bathroom, no matter what you are doing, unless you are speaking in a conference or giving birth or met an accident, is all it takes. I don't see what could be stopping you from taking matters in your hand vs puttibg faith in random.org.
take it from me there's not much excuse to miss one (not trying to be a *****) it was announced way ahead of time and I was at work working with a customer and said oh God excuse me I have to run to the bathroom when I saw what time it was...it was emberassing and I still didn't win a cap my phone internet at work sucks but even though i got in trouble I made it. I was willing to take a firm reprimand at work for a dolly v2 dem da breaks. Haha priorities right but seriously sometimes you got to just "do work son" if you want that sweg
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:28:13 »
sometimes you got to just "do work son" if you want that sweg

this needs to be in someone's signature.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:29:02 »
And remember dustinhxc started a post your nubs thread a bit back if you want to cross post there.

Glad you love the cap!

And thanks!

Haha, ok, now it makes sense.  I am more of a cat person.  What record is it?

As for candy, Trader Joe's is awesome.

=o we have trader joes here! Now i have a reason to go.

Ariel Pink - Round and Round single.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 21:34:56 »
Got mine in, looks amazing! All around very quality cap, and a first for me. I tried to keep the background as crazy as the cap itself...
Show Image

That looks SO damn good. Putting it on the wishlist.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 22:15:54 »

Glad you love the cap!

I can flip the record over if you want, it has a Person and Cat making out, if you're more a cat person 

And thanks!

Reminds me of NoFX - Heavy Petting Zoo.

Yes, I'm old.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 22:21:24 »
More

Glad you love the cap!

I can flip the record over if you want, it has a Person and Cat making out, if you're more a cat person 

And thanks!

Yes, I'm old.

I dunno, I was 10 when that came out.   Does that make you old?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 22:25:02 »
More

Glad you love the cap!

And thanks!

Yes, I'm old.

Well, I remember buying it and playing it in my car after leaving the record store, so at least a bit older than you.

Edit: I just checked, and it came out when I was 15 so I must not have bought it brand new. But I distinctly remember loading it into my Discman with the tape player adapter.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2015, 22:30:58 by njbair »

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #269 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 23:22:55 »
More

Glad you love the cap!

And thanks!

Yes, I'm old.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

FTFY  ;)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 10:26:33 »
lol

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 11:26:15 »
Show Image

Absolutely stunning photo  :eek:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 11:54:23 »
Show Image

Absolutely stunning photo  :eek:

thanks!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 14:56:54 »

Glad you love the cap!

Yes pls.

* HoffmanMyster is a cat person

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 15:05:35 »

:eek: Can't wait~!  Glad they finally updated the tracking  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 15:51:14 »

Glad you love the cap!

Yes pls.

Has Hoff been following the just post aww thread, where kitteh pictures pop up from time to time?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 15:52:06 »

Glad you love the cap!

Yes pls.

Has Hoff been following the just post aww thread, where kitteh pictures pop up from time to time?

Yisssss.  I like my daily kitteh/puppeh post from rowdy.  ^-^

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 05:16:15 »
114282-0114284-1

These calls are amazing. Better in person than any pic! However iI am an idiot! I thought they were topre! I don't have a working mx board. I will put these up for trade but wanted to offer them here first. I am looking bi/tri bros and Clack in topre. Pm me with pics of you have anything to offer. Also sorry for putting out people that wanted these!

Offline btctopre

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 07:49:33 »
wutface

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 08:12:27 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

These calls are amazing. Better in person than any pic! However iI am an idiot! I thought they were topre! I don't have a working mx board. I will put these up for trade but wanted to offer them here first. I am looking bi/tri bros and Clack in topre. Pm me with pics of you have anything to offer. Also sorry for putting out people that wanted these!

I have no topre caps, but id love to buy one the dollies off of you if you decide to sell them. I missied the sale (I thought the 10th was the 9th :( )

Offline Belfong

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 09:04:58 »
The Purple People Eater was my first choice! @thefebruaryman, would you like to trade for a Stump?

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 02:54:40 »
Got my Dolly, and some candies! Can't wait to share picture, I'm still at the office so potato for now.  :p

Thanks nubbinator!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #282 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 19:59:02 »
Very Rowdy.

Many yellow.

Such Gettin'

So profile!

Wow!

114800-0

114802-1
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #283 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 20:34:13 »
Man, these are on top of my list for keycap wants!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 23:27:24 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 00:15:30 »
^ Fantastic colours in that one :)

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 01:04:29 »
^ Fantastic colours in that one :)
Exactly the reason it went into my list during the sale.  ;D

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #287 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 13:23:33 »
Sorry to derail - can anyone tell me what cap I have here?

Someone threw this in my bag at keycon nyc over the summer and told me "you're cursed now"

The style is similar to these caps here. 

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 14:50:21 »
You're definitely cursed now... you're only hope is to surprise someone else with it, before it's too late.

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:24:49 »

Someone threw this in my bag at keycon nyc over the summer and told me "you're cursed now"

Show Image

Show Image

ba'man i believe

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:54:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

ba'man i believe

thanks! I was always wondering ...
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64967.0

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 17:19:31 »
I think both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages.
My first Bro raffle was for the galaxy editions (forgot the exact name) and I lost. Like many, I was frustrated but knew I at least had as equal a chance as everybody else.
I joined the Cherokey GB and was stoked, and recently won the Rustler cap and am VERY excited.

I had a family emergency this past weekend and so missed this one since I wasn't online as much. Otherwise I definitely could've nabbed one!

Forever regrets.

(And that emergency haunts me to this day.)