Author Topic: A website for typing the bible  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Learis

A website for typing the bible
« on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 23:22:18 »
I just launched a website www.typingtemple.com

There were only a few websites for typing practice that were geared towards typing the bible, and they were mostly antiquated. So I made this website to provide another offering. If any are interested, by all means test our your typing chops and let me know if the website is user friendly enough and if there's any bugs. I'm not that artistic so I apologize in advance if this website isn't visually pleasing.
Mend and Defend

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: A website for typing the bible
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 00:30:36 »
Well, you've only got a christian bible in there,  maybe consider other bibles and religions, should be easy to add since it's just text.

Artistically it's fine, but a night mode is a good idea, right now it's a very bright color which can cause viewing fatigue.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 03:52:54 »
For anyone wondering the linked site has no ads or other dodginess and the bible has some strange words which makes it good for practising.  It's really long too

I agree that it's a bit bright and in my browser (Firefox on Linux) the red text is slightly below the black - a mistyped n appears below the h it should be.  Maybe this is intentional?

Good work :thumb:

Edit:  Errors later on appear in very strange places - the last . is a , in this pic as well as an a/r:

120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fantasyrunner

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 10:14:26 »
This is very cool! Thank you for this.

Offline Learis

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 22:08:19 »
For anyone wondering the linked site has no ads or other dodginess and the bible has some strange words which makes it good for practising.  It's really long too
Show Image

I agree that it's a bit bright and in my browser (Firefox on Linux) the red text is slightly below the black - a mistyped n appears below the h it should be.  Maybe this is intentional?

Good work :thumb:

Edit:  Errors later on appear in very strange places - the last . is a , in this pic as well as an a/r:

Show Image

Thank you for letting me know. This is embarassing to say, but I'm actually not the most tech savy person despite being a programmer. I don't use Linux, and although I had tested Firefox for Windows, the browser must work differently for Linux. I'm sorry for the bugs :( If anything maybe try Chrome for Linux, as Firefox had some strange bugs I had to tackle even for Windows. But thanks again for letting me know.

Edit: I am seeing this bug appear on Firefox for Windows too! I will work to try and fix it.

Update: I believe this is fixed now. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention. I will examine the colors as well. Down the road there may be the option to allow one to choose a color theme for the site.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2020, 00:07:36 by Learis »
Mend and Defend

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 04:10:52 »
This is embarrassing to say...
Not at all - I've dabbled in programming in various languages but I won't touch web (the only one there's any money in here) as it's a nightmare getting anything to work in multiple browsers.  Yet I still complain when lazy devs use all the google hooked code...

Happy to say errors now show properly, and having chosen an end verse I got to the end and saw the WPM summary too so seems this now works perfectly.  Thanks for the quick fix :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod