Author Topic: [IC] GMK Dracula — Group buy is live!  (Read 221278 times)

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Re: [IC] GMK Dracula
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:12:34 »
gimme dis

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 16:11:30 »
Ne F13 avail  :D

But srs this is great, interested to see it progress

It is actually included in the ERR! Module currently. Or did I completely miss the joke?

No I did. I’ll show myself out. Good day to you sir

Offline Obe

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:43:01 »
In for Accents

Offline phunktional

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 20:54:46 »
I need this in ortho.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 20:59:12 »
nice

Offline pcire

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 01:02:22 »
The extra B is in the white space module! Exactly where it should be!
Great job op!

Offline Applet

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 03:24:48 »
LOVE the ERR!【 MODULE】!

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:04:30 »
I like it. Would definitely join this when it drops.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:11:28 »
Well thought out group buy with great kits!

Personally I think the colours are a bit off. There is too much red/purple in the base colour. It should be a dark blue.

If anyone wants to check out this theme to see what it looks like it has a lot of compatibility and is usually very easy to install:

https://draculatheme.com/

Also I personally would prefer it to have mods and alphas with the same base colour. It would separate it from the other IDE theme based GMK sets as well as being more faithful to the theme.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:13:58 by pace8500 »

Offline 1corazon

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:33:59 »
Count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kaktus

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:34:21 »
Please make a NORDE kit <3

Offline pan

• Massdrop
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:35:30 »
I love the core and most of the add-on kits!  :thumb:
RAMA U80-A Milk, Holy Panda, GMK9009

Waiting on:
G60 NCR

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 06:14:44 »
I really like the kits on this. The ERR! kit is fun.

Count me in.

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 08:01:39 »
I'd really like ergo / ortho / assembly / ergoplank and colevrak kits.

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:02:21 »
This is the best set i've ever seen. For real. Wow. This is amazing! Praying you take it GB.

Btw, on top clack's stream last night, chat went mental for this set and Garrett of Dixemech said in chat he would take your set in a second if you are looking for vendors still.

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:30:13 »
I don’t use Dracula anymore but damn, this is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline void_sm

• why the frick do things cost money
    • My Twitter
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 10:36:14 »
i love it ❤
Double barrelled keyboarding

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 10:56:14 »
Please can you add the UK ISO 2 and 3 keys to the base set? Then I'll be in for sure.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:07:23 »
Please can you add the UK ISO 2 and 3 keys to the base set? Then I'll be in for sure.

Agreed - I'd be 100% in for this if the base had full ISO UK (see below, shaded keys are already in base)

Offline rossfromfriends

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:18:42 »
oh hell yea

Offline b3nkei

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:26:49 »
Set of the year?

Offline moonux

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:42:31 »
Beautiful colors, definitely in.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 13:23:11 »
what are the odds youll separate out the numpad at this point? lol need to start thinking about budget to get all the extra kits

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 13:31:43 »
yea this is pretty fresh. check out SP for color codes, you might be able to get some really close with the ABS chips and GMK can match those pretty well.

I would recommend looking into RAL to match colors -- I think GMK has been having a lot of good results by going with RAL matching instead of Pantone matching. Otherwise this set is looking good, really love how it looks.

- Consider adding one more 1u Alt and 1u Ctrl bottom-row keys for consistency of HHKB layout.
- Consider adding 1.5u bottom-row Super keys for HHKB layout consistency (using 1.5u keys programmed as the OS key)

seconding these, also consider removing numpad sublegends

Offline monkt

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 13:52:04 »
yea this is pretty fresh. check out SP for color codes, you might be able to get some really close with the ABS chips and GMK can match those pretty well.

I would recommend looking into RAL to match colors -- I think GMK has been having a lot of good results by going with RAL matching instead of Pantone matching. Otherwise this set is looking good, really love how it looks.

- Consider adding one more 1u Alt and 1u Ctrl bottom-row keys for consistency of HHKB layout.
- Consider adding 1.5u bottom-row Super keys for HHKB layout consistency (using 1.5u keys programmed as the OS key)

+3. please

also, this is very nice

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 17:35:12 »

Agreed - I'd be 100% in for this if the base had full ISO UK (see below, shaded keys are already in base)
Show Image

+1

Offline zekth

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 18:12:33 »
DO NEED!

Dracula user for a while

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 18:31:50 »
Here's a Q&A of selected previous replies. I can't answer to every single reply, but I really appreciate everyone's feedback and comments nonetheless.

Q&A Pages 1–2

More
This is a really nicely formatted IC. I'd definitely be up for checking out the GB post if it happens.

This really warms my heart <3 I had the biggest smile when reading this one :) I spent hours just sending PM's to myself iterating the IC post to get it just right.

… I think the renders have more of a purple cast than I expected. Maybe it's just an optical illusion.

You might be right, I probably need to adjust the white balance on the renders some more.

Love everything about this except for the wacky coloured mods. I'm just not big on that at all, for any set, it almost works here but still. Great set though honestly.

That's exactly why the Nightmode Module exists, silly :)

We'll see. I've even considered simply getting all of the SP ABS chips. I just received a pastels & neons guide from Pantone.

I love this.  Possibly a 2U Shift in core set?  Thanks!

I'm not so sure about this one. There are so few users of a 2u shift.

Any chance there would be mods only kit? I feel like this would work really well with the alphas from other sets as well

I don't think a separate mods only kit would be feasible, but convince me otherwise.

Please consider adding R3 1.75u ERROR! novelties.

And a R3 2.25 as well.   ;D

Definitely considering these, how does a stepped novelty ERR! sound like?

Q&A Page 3

More
… Can I request some renders with Nightmode + Black TKL keyboards? Cheers!

Coming right up! soon™

Personally I think the colours are a bit off. There is too much red/purple in the base colour. It should be a dark blue.

Also I personally would prefer it to have mods and alphas with the same base colour. It would separate it from the other IDE theme based GMK sets as well as being more faithful to the theme.

Yeah, I think I need to adjust the white balance a bit more.

I'm very much set on using the different base colors on mods and alphas. I think it works really well with the color-scheme. Then again … how cool it would be to have a separate kit with space cadet alphas using the same base color as the modifiers, right?

what are the odds youll separate out the numpad at this point? lol need to start thinking about budget to get all the extra kits

This is most definitely being considered.

Btw, on top clack's stream last night, chat went mental for this set and Garrett of Dixemech said in chat he would take your set in a second if you are looking for vendors still.

Thanks for mentioning this. I don't currently follow Top Clack regularly, and that was nice to watch.

Show Image

I think that might be feasible considering how there must be many UK layout users. Having a NorDeUK Module would probably be optimal, but that's unlikely to reach MOQ. I need to make a form about this.

- The Pantone plastic chips should be pretty easy to color match, right? I'm planning to invest in those as well, but I might still need to think about maybe going the RAL route, at least partially.

- One more R4 1u Alt and 1u Ctrl coming right up. As well as the second R4 1.5u Super key, as one exists already.

- I think I need to make a form about removing the numpad sublegends, and other stuff as well. Coming soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 18:55:05 by pikku-allu »

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 19:54:07 »
Looks really nice.

My only suggestions so far would be to remove Numpad and ISO from base.  :thumb:

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:50:45 »
Looks really nice.

My only suggestions so far would be to remove Numpad and ISO from base.  :thumb:

I agree. Recent sets have proven it's much more of a total financial burden on the majority that don't use it and pay for it than it is for the few that use to pay for it as an extra kit. The difference in price between people that don't use it and pay for it is noticeably more (~30$) than the difference in price between getting it included vs buying a separate kit (~15-18)

Just my .02
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:56:45 by AlcoholEnthusiast »

Offline yuppie

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:51:09 »
Yeah I'll take this.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:04:43 »
nice!  interested...

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:37:09 »
Looks really nice.

I agree. Recent sets have proven it's much more of a total financial burden on the majority that don't use it and pay for it than it is for the few that use to pay for it as an extra kit. The difference in price between people that don't use it and pay for it is noticeably more (~30$) than the difference in price between getting it included vs buying a separate kit (~15-18)

Just my .02

Edit: Misunderstood the 15-18.

Not a fan of removing numpads as it does actually increase price over all(price per cap actually goes up when it is removed) so I would actually prefer it to be included rather than removed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:52:06 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Krakyn

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 03:12:17 »
Would also be interested in a deskpad if:

1. Artwork is geometric/pattern based and doesn't actually have any vampires/bats on it.
2. Deskpad only uses alpha & modifier colours rather than the bright legend colours.

I'm boring :)

Offline pace8500

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 03:47:20 »

Yeah, I think I need to adjust the white balance a bit more.

I'm very much set on using the different base colors on mods and alphas. I think it works really well with the color-scheme. Then again … how cool it would be to have a separate kit with space cadet alphas using the same base color as the modifiers, right?

Yeah that sounds like a really cool idea. Id certainly buy it!

Mono Mods using the alpha base colour might also be cool, but i think i like the space casdet alphas idea better.

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 04:45:39 »

1. Artwork is geometric/pattern based and doesn't actually have any vampires/bats on it.
2. Deskpad only uses alpha & modifier colours rather than the bright legend colours.

Hey, that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind, something stylish. It's not like I'm going full on Halloween all of a sudden after specifying that this set has a software aesthetic :P

Offline Krakyn

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 05:27:45 »

Hey, that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind, something stylish. It's not like I'm going full on Halloween all of a sudden after specifying that this set has a software aesthetic :P

Super glad to hear this! I checked the Dracula theme website and saw a few cartoon halloween graphics which made me nervous regarding how far you would take the theme :D

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 05:38:04 »
Looks really nice.

Why don't we just make the set only include keys that you personally will be using on your keyboard? Sounds fair

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 17:03:47 »
Super glad to hear this! I checked the Dracula theme website and saw a few cartoon halloween graphics which made me nervous regarding how far you would take the theme :D

The theme is literally a set of colors that code is rendered in: https://github.com/dracula/dracula-theme/#color-palette

Offline dado brat

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 04:52:23 »
definitely the best set in IC right now, color me interested. base + night mode looks so sick

Offline dantambok

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 05:12:16 »
Im sure this will be a big hit! Can't wait for this to run.  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 07:33:14 »

The theme is literally a set of colors that code is rendered in: https://github.com/dracula/dracula-theme/#color-palette

But the website is full of cute Halloween icons. It's called Dracula. It's a reasonable consideration.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 08:37:04 »
N I C E

Offline soulkun

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 17:35:55 »
It would be wonderful to add Hiragana【 MODULE】

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 17:37:53 »
There are so many Haranga sets tho

Offline wybaugh

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 21:53:57 »
I am in!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 22:16:43 »
Ne icon nightmode avail?

Offline kconfire

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 23:05:18 »

No more hiragana stuff please lol
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 23:47:10 »
NE ICONS?!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 12:39:39 »

No more hiragana stuff please lol

This. Please. Otherwise, this is an awesome set. Probably set of the year and I'd be in to buy like, 2 or 3.