Author Topic: [IC] Key 65  (Read 106829 times)

Offline sapphyr

Re: [IC] NR65 - the first 65% by Fox Lab (logo removed)
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 07:46:40 »
I liked the NR logo and would much prefer having a logo there over a key or just blank, my biggest dislike of 65 and 75% boards is how they tend to look like a block of chocolate if it is all just keys.

you say it like that's a bad thing.  :eek:

Offline BserLarry

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 09:52:04 »
I dont like the idea of a knob because it breaks up the symmetry and beauty of the board.
I think a slider would be a better aesthetic because it is less obstructive in appearance.
But ultimately, I’d much prefer a simple leaf / fox logo (keeps the cost down too, I see this as a simple beautiful no-frills I pay for what I need board)

Offline Pennywise359

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 12:34:45 »
Oh I almost forgot to mention split Bs is a must have!

Offline Keebo

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 12:54:53 »

Yes, agreed. This really is a dealbreaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline orim23

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 13:02:42 »

Yes, agreed. This really is a dealbreaker.

+ 1 for split backspace

Offline xantiema

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 13:08:48 »
I think a new logo is in order given the situation. Without one, I feel some of the aesthetics are lost. Rotary knob would be great functionally, but just doesn't seem to fit this design at all. Replacing the logo just for another key feels very much like a downgrade to me  :p

Offline Slimjim095

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 02:29:02 »
+1 for a fox or leaf logo or brass insert on the right blocker.

Offline dgNam

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 02:39:26 »
I'm in, but still looking for the change of the logo. 1 more key would give me more benefit

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 10:58:53 »
I personally don't mind a logo up there but it does need a nicer one. I think the blocker is what makes this type of layout unique and a cool logo makes it even more uniqueLooking at similar upcoming boards Iron165 seems like the luxury one and it has are really nice logo design.

If you intend on keeping NR (since it is the name of the board) I'd suggest finding a better font and design for the logo or you can even use a fox logo which I think would be pretty popular if it's well designed.

Anyhow I am torn between this and the Iron165 but it looks like even the SE of that one will be out of my price range so I'm leaning towards getting this. Looking forward to it  :llama:
Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
Upcoming:
AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline fractl

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:25:19 »
Is it too early to ask what the split spacebar layout would look like?

Offline GRWLKG

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 16:06:02 »
One of the reasons why I rank the aesthetics of the leaf60 so high is because of its simplicity and balance.

NR65 sort of threw me off due to the lack of subtlety with the logo. I hope that the updated version will simply have a blank (I hope that's what "logo removed" means and not replaced by anything else). The bezels have a high level of contrast to add enough sophistication to the overall look and feel, and I think that a blank will give it some breathing room.

Either way, I believe senter will make the right decision. Thank you for preparing for this awesome run! I can finally stop looking for a white leaf60 in the aftermarket :)

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 21:37:33 »
+1 for fox logo on top right blocker

Offline ae

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 01:24:57 »
I'm in for a PC one

Offline Faust_

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 05:03:39 »
Fox logo would be great!

Offline vaughno

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 10:59:30 »
maybe make the logo 65 like the 910 :0
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 11:53:32 »
would it be possible to lower the price?

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 03 August 2019, 20:32:49 »

Well thats a first  :))

Offline narunekogi

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 05:43:48 »
Looks very sleek and something I'd be interested in.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 06:08:00 »
With the logo removed I'm definitely interested now. Good one!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 14:23:56 »
Now that logo is removed, hopefully replaced with a Fox  :p

I will now be looking forward to this as I love the design.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 15:06:53 »

Torn between this and Polaris, Price would be the deciding factor

Offline vaughno

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 17:01:57 »

I trust fox lab more just with things in the past more
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline fractl

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 18:42:20 »

I will need to replace my car soon.  If things worked this way, instead of buying the right car in my price range, I'd love to pick something more expensive and ask them to lower the price, because price would be my deciding factor.  If only life worked that way.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 21:18:03 »
I will need to replace my car soon.  If things worked this way, instead of buying the right car in my price range, I'd love to pick something more expensive and ask them to lower the price, because price would be my deciding factor.  If only life worked that way.

Are you trying to say Tesla aren't going to be lowering their prices to ensure that I, the single most important individual in the world despite only being 1 out of their millions of customers, can purchase a Model 3 instead of the PT Cruiser that I can actually afford?

I'm really not sure how they think they can possibly compete with Chrysler.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 07:06:57 »

That's exactly how the market works, sellers gauges the demand, and buyers gauge whether the price is right for them or not.

Or I could try being smart, with an anecdote and come out looking like I don't understand the market.

I don't expect the average internet user to be educated enough to understand basic economics, but I expect them to mind their own business. Here is a cartoon to make it easy for you to understand the basics:
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 August 2019, 07:52:33 by bobgr8 »

Offline prototype26

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 08:22:10 »

Are you trying to say Tesla aren't going to be lowering their prices to ensure that I, the single most important individual in the world despite only being 1 out of their millions of customers, can purchase a Model 3 instead of the PT Cruiser that I can actually afford?

I'm really not sure how they think they can possibly compete with Chrysler.

Because mech keyboards group buys and car market are totally the same thing! Am I smart yet?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 08:51:18 »
Because mech keyboards group buys and car market are totally the same thing! Am I smart yet?

No

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 09:37:22 »
I know others have said it, but just as some critical feedback, the logo on the back seems a bit uninspired and this board would be better off without it, or maybe a new monogram? I think it might be worth trialing out a few alternatives out with the community?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 09:44:24 »
I know others have said it, but just as some critical feedback, the logo on the back seems a bit uninspired and this board would be better off without it, or maybe a new monogram? I think it might be worth trialing out a few alternatives out with the community?

Senter mentioned the corner logo is to be replaced with something else (another logo or alternatively just not having one at all) so I assume that also means the back one is to be replaced to match whatever they end up going with for the corner top.

Offline Zeldris23

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 12:09:43 »
would the PCB have an option for hot-swappable switches ? also a Purple one would be awesome

Offline SirWalross

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 14:18:25 »
No ISO layout?

Offline evorus5

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 15:12:35 »
Do we know if this will be offered in polycarb?
Debating between this as poly or polaris poly

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 15:33:15 »
new renders wen?

Offline Egobean

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 15:58:02 »
what is the price range for this keyboard and when is the gb going to start?

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 16:14:44 »
what is the price range for this keyboard

From the OP:

Estimated price for the basic kit (all alu/PC): $295

Offline xantiema

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 17:42:26 »
what is the price range for this keyboard

From the OP:

Estimated price for the basic kit (all alu/PC): $295

Fantastic pricepoint

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 19:40:55 »
Logo is a little weird :( tbh i was really hoping for the leaf logo, thought it looked pretty dope.
Its also unfortunate that you guys can't do the PVD brass weight :(

But damn... your price point is spot on

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 19:41:38 »
love it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fractl

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 02:01:59 »

That's exactly how the market works, sellers gauges the demand, and buyers gauge whether the price is right for them or not.

Or I could try being smart, with an anecdote and come out looking like I don't understand the market.

I don't expect the average internet user to be educated enough to understand basic economics, but I expect them to mind their own business. Here is a cartoon to make it easy for you to understand the basics:

I came up with the anecdote because it was by far the most polite way that I could respond to the absurdity of your comment while resisting the temptation to excoriate your self-centered naiveté.  I'm sure that I'm more than twice your age, and am familair with economic theory on a spectrum from Hayek to Marx.  Not only do I comprehend the nature of capitalist markets, I'm also mature enough to realize that such markets do not respond to the immature requests of individuals who are entitled, out-of-touch, and unable to comprehend that the world in general does not place them at their needs above all other societal priorities and cannot discern the difference between a free market and a pampering parent.  Your utter puerility was only compounded by the condescension with which you alluded to sub-rudimentary and anecdotal economic concepts as if they were a justification of you immature perspective, as opposed to a confirmation of it.  Markets respond to socioeconomic forces on a macro level, and then only sluggishly.  The notion that one individual entreating a manufacturer to ignore all of the pragmatic factors that affect their pricing, especially in a specialized area where margins are slim, is as impractical as it is self-centered, given that small-scale specialized production allows none of the leeway in pricing made possible by mass-production.  I suppose I could chalk this up to the Dunning–Kruger effect, but I was not initially referring to a lack of metacognition, only to a lack of maturity.  Your response, however, is classic, as it attempted to impugn my imagined incomprehension with an argument far more cognitively infantile than the perspective that you mistakenly attributed to me.  I suppose I should have simply been less polite and suggested that the sooner you learn that the world doesn't care how spoiled you are the better you will be equipped to handle the myriad instances where life will inevitably and utterly ignore your sense of entitlement.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 02:03:19 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 09:19:52 »

I came up with the anecdote because it was by far the most polite way that I could respond to the absurdity of your comment while resisting the temptation to excoriate your self-centered naiveté.  I'm sure that I'm more than twice your age, and am familair with economic theory on a spectrum from Hayek to Marx.  Not only do I comprehend the nature of capitalist markets, I'm also mature enough to realize that such markets do not respond to the immature requests of individuals who are entitled, out-of-touch, and unable to comprehend that the world in general does not place them at their needs above all other societal priorities and cannot discern the difference between a free market and a pampering parent.  Your utter puerility was only compounded by the condescension with which you alluded to sub-rudimentary and anecdotal economic concepts as if they were a justification of you immature perspective, as opposed to a confirmation of it.  Markets respond to socioeconomic forces on a macro level, and then only sluggishly.  The notion that one individual entreating a manufacturer to ignore all of the pragmatic factors that affect their pricing, especially in a specialized area where margins are slim, is as impractical as it is self-centered, given that small-scale specialized production allows none of the leeway in pricing made possible by mass-production.  I suppose I could chalk this up to the Dunning–Kruger effect, but I was not initially referring to a lack of metacognition, only to a lack of maturity.  Your response, however, is classic, as it attempted to impugn my imagined incomprehension with an argument far more cognitively infantile than the perspective that you mistakenly attributed to me.  I suppose I should have simply been less polite and suggested that the sooner you learn that the world doesn't care how spoiled you are the better you will be equipped to handle the myriad instances where life will inevitably and utterly ignore your sense of entitlement.

is this pasta?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 09:32:26 »
yes, this is pasta.  oh wait, no, this is Sparta.  Srry, wrong thread

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 11:17:22 »
And just like that, fresh pasta is made.

Offline ElNinoJimenez

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 18:21:49 »
IN!

Offline snakeninja110

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 01:42:27 »
nice product

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 03:51:09 »

Apparently I'm too young to read all that copy-Pasta.
I would say.

1. Use paras for better readability.

2. IMHO better to compare Marx and Adam Smith, and Hayek with Keynes (but ok I get it, you know 2 of the most famous economist, but they are from a different time, so IMHO it's unfair to compare them, when better comparisons exist)

3. I'm self- centred, immature etc etc etc. Isn't that the market? markets work at individual capacities

4. You have quoted your comprehension of Hayek, but Hayek rejects "planned economies" and proposes individuals are best left to themselves to make "rational choices" in the free market. what you have suggested is a road to serfdom. aka socio-economic factors. In the words of Hayek, it's a "mirage". Seems your comprehension is poor.

5. that brings me to this hobby. Most of which is snake oil.(as is with all hobbies)

6. Canoe keyboard clearly shows the markup these products have, all I said is I feel the price should be lowered.

7. About my entitlement: I never said "lower it for me, or I won't buy it". I have only said I feel like it should be lowered.

8. Any "mature" person "twice" as old as me, should have understood it, and moved on.

9. Assuming you're a male (No sexism) a gentleman minds his own business. It's not classy or respectful to comment on persons you don't know about. I have responded for my own respect.

10. As per the dunning Kruger effect, I'm certainly in the centre (wrt this hobby). Low skills and low confidence, but your "maturity" is certainly at the lower end of skill and higher end of "confidence".

11. what I don't understand is why are all of you flipped? All I said is I think the price can be lowered, and if that's entitlement to you, I would just like to quote Robert Nozick, who has given the Entitlement theory of Justice. In State, utopia and anarchy.

I do not wish to engage with you, a person who cannot mind his own business, isn't worth talking to. I feel like I've hit some sort of sensitive spot for your insecurities. By all means spend that money, spend more. In the consumeristic societies, material wealth is the source of happiness. (though I would say as Marx has said, it leads to alienation, but whatever, I'm on a high end custom keyboard form)

Also for the love of God, make you point quick. All I see is a rant, with an attempt to look cool again, missing the point. I would also like to quote Eric From, that you have the fear of freedom. Stuck in your anachronistic ways, unable to mind your own business.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:07:43 by bobgr8 »

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:04:56 »
where did I put that popcorn...

Offline break

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 14:06:54 »

But one board is a 60% and another is a 65%. They're different products. $30 seems about right to cover the difference?

Also lol @ seeing keyboard fans argue by citing Hayek and Marx, didn't know I stumbled into the Marginal Revolution comments over here.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 14:08:27 by breakbeatzors »

Offline Egobean

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 21:29:37 »
how do i sign up for this when it comes out?>

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 06:48:54 »

But one board is a 60% and another is a 65%. They're different products. $30 seems about right to cover the difference?

Also lol @ seeing keyboard fans argue by citing Hayek and Marx, didn't know I stumbled into the Marginal Revolution comments over here.

You are right, but $40 shipping makes it $70 more expensive (+ taxes in my country suck).

But, I see this is a well priced board, and mostly I'll get in at $300. But I still wish it could be a bit cheaper (the shipping tho)