Which profile this set should be?

DCS (standard filco-like caps)
38 (43.7%)
DSA (low spherical)
22 (25.3%)
SA (tall spherical)
27 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: [IC] ALL NEW Midnight SA set  (Read 167790 times)

Offline Data

Re: [IC] ALL NEW Midnight SA set
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 15:57:21 »
Hopefully we'll see a renewed interest in Midnight SA once Retro ships and the Massdrop Novatouch project goes to production.   :thumb:

yeah I also know matt3o is helping out with gh60? so i'm ok with waiting, I just hope it's an actual possibility and patiently wait or should I keep trying to find his first release :0

I think you might want to have a look at this.
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/full-keysets/midnight-keycap-set

Edit: The base kit is out of stock but they could restock it at any time.  Just something to keep an eye on.

I actually called them awhile back and was told that they wouldn't be restocking them :/

I'm sure they said that about DSA Dolch at some point too.  But they did.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 16:06:40 »

Hopefully we'll see a renewed interest in Midnight SA once Retro ships and the Massdrop Novatouch project goes to production.   :thumb:

yeah I also know matt3o is helping out with gh60? so i'm ok with waiting, I just hope it's an actual possibility and patiently wait or should I keep trying to find his first release :0

Edit: The base kit is out of stock but they could restock it at any time.  Just something to keep an eye on.

I actually called them awhile back and was told that they wouldn't be restocking them :/

Dolch is a lot more popular so it's good for sales. Midnight won't be restocked.

Offline Data

« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 19:16:56 »

Dolch is a lot more popular so it's good for sales. Midnight won't be restocked.

Because you said so?

Then why leave it up in the keyshop?

Matt3o already gave them permission to sell additional sets. If there's enough interest they're not going to just decline an opportunity for easy money. That makes zero sense.

No I'd expect to see DCS again some day.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
[IC] ALL NEW Midnight SA set
« Reply #1003 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 19:23:07 »

Because you said so?

Matt3o already gave them permission to sell additional sets. If there's enough interest they're not going to just decline an opportunity for easy money. That makes zero sense.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Yes, they have permission, but I have also been told they don't PLAN on making anything that is out of stock. So of course they'd make more if there was enough interest, which goes back to my Dolch statement.

So as it is, they won't be restocking it any time soon, if ever.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1004 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 19:23:26 »

Because you said so?

Because they still have extras to sell?  Let's be real.  Midnight as a GB was a flop.  It didn't even make it to 50 sets on the base alphas, and barely hit 50 combined sets between both sets of mods.  They aren't going to waste time setting machines up for a small re-run just to make a few people happy.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 01:56:10 »
they had permission to run some additional copies, not to restock forever :)

with the exception of granite, all my sets are limited editions.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1006 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 06:09:23 »
Midnight as a GB was a flop.  It didn't even make it to 50 sets on the base alphas, and barely hit 50 combined sets between both sets of mods.

That was the DCS version which frankly deserved to go belly-up BUT this is the SA Profiled version which is FAR, FAR better than any other profile version made by SP.

Anyone casting nasty aspersions upon this great Colour-way by Matt3o, shall be choked to death when I thrust my spikey cactus down your slimy throat  ;) .

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 09:41:00 »
Midnight as a GB was a flop.  It didn't even make it to 50 sets on the base alphas, and barely hit 50 combined sets between both sets of mods.

That was the DCS version which frankly deserved to go belly-up BUT this is the SA Profiled version which is FAR, FAR better than any other profile version made by SP.

Anyone casting nasty aspersions upon this great Colour-way by Matt3o, shall be choked to death when I thrust my spikey cactus down your slimy throat  ;) .

thats mostly what I was asking about as I previously saw an IC for the SA profile which I think would look super good. but if it won't happen for a long time then I might as well look for the DCS version because this color way is sick :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:20:38 by skycrimes »

Offline Data

« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 12:52:44 »
they had permission to run some additional copies, not to restock forever :)

with the exception of granite, all my sets are limited editions.

Well it doesn't get any more final than that.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1009 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:06:38 »
Actually I might be interested in running a Midnight SA... asking SP to source a slightly lighter blue than GEW... mmmmh

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1010 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:23:55 »
Actually I might be interested in running a Midnight SA... asking SP to source a slightly lighter blue than GEW... mmmmh

Well as long as its something you are interested in then I'm willing to hold off on finding a DCS version for SA. IF you were to actually do this I'm assuming it would be sometime after the new SP site goes live?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1011 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:28:35 »
just to be clear... I won't be running any more SA until SP makes the missing molds.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:46:27 »
just to be clear... I won't be running any more SA until SP makes the missing molds.

I think that is very wise. They do enough SA business that they should invest in completing the molds.

The only SA set I jumped on was Symbiosis because it was all Row 3 so there wouldn't be the profile mismatch.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1013 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:48:19 »

I think that is very wise. They do enough SA business that they should invest in completing the molds.

The only SA set I jumped on was Symbiosis because it was all Row 3 so there wouldn't be the profile mismatch.

can you explain the missing molds problem?

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:55:36 »
can you explain the missing molds problem?

Signature Plastics does not have SA molds for Row-4 Shifts. So all "Full Contour" SA sets actually have Row-3 Shift keys.

Row-4 has a 7° tilt whereas Row-3 is 0°.

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 06:58:32 »
just thinking, that there should be a change in the font.You know, this font may not come with SA  :p :p :p :p :p