Author Topic: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock  (Read 48521 times)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
Please be text + legend...

This has my vote.  :thumb:

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I will be doing symbols only since photekq will be doing symbols w/text whenever they are ready to move forward.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I will be doing symbols only since photekq will be doing symbols w/text whenever they are ready to move forward.

You set looks good to me. Any chance of including a down-arrow Capslock logo?

I could probably just buy a German cherry set, but it would be awesome if your set came with it :)

Otherwise, looks solid to me.

Edit:

Also what about spacebars? I would like the chance to get both extra 6.25u and 7u ones.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Prelim

Ivan, no moogle kit option for your group-buy then? :(
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Since Cherry used at least 2 dozen different tones of 'beige' between 1984 and 2009 the chances that it will all match are pretty slim hence the full blocks instead of only 1.25 mod and fulltouch caps lock. Many people have been interested in spacebars again... so I may offer them in random colors once again but request to have different colors than last time. I suppose I can take the inverted shift arrow for caps lock legend if it's preferred over the lock. Makes no real difference to me.

Offline ninjadoc

I will buy either way but would prefer the bundle.

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
Sorry to sound lazy but can you post the current mockups and the options right now in the OP?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Since Cherry used at least 2 dozen different tones of 'beige' between 1984 and 2009 the chances that it will all match are pretty slim hence the full blocks instead of only 1.25 mod and fulltouch caps lock. Many people have been interested in spacebars again... so I may offer them in random colors once again but request to have different colors than last time. I suppose I can take the inverted shift arrow for caps lock legend if it's preferred over the lock. Makes no real difference to me.

Additional coloured space bars will be nice :P

What I am trying to say is that I would like to see the U9 kit include matching U9 spacebars in both 6.25u and 7u, for the sake of completeness (unless I'm mistaken, I don't see it included). That way, it will truly be a complete set, allowing for the possibility of completing BSP sets, in either winkey or winkeyless layouts.

As much as I love padlock, I think downshift arrow would be a nice change and add some variation to our GMK sets that have almost all been padlocks lately :)
Not sure if others feel the same way; we will see.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 November 2014, 15:16:11 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I suppose I can take the inverted shift arrow for caps lock legend if it's preferred over the lock. Makes no real difference to me.

My vote goes to the down arrow caps lock key  :thumb:

Never really liked the lock...

Offline intelli78

+1
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
I suppose I can take the inverted shift arrow for caps lock legend if it's preferred over the lock. Makes no real difference to me.

My vote goes to the down arrow caps lock key  :thumb:

Never really liked the lock...

+1   
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Prelim

personally I do prefer the handbag lock or the classic (w/ legend) :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline billnye

• ability man
[IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 11:45:16 »
The group buy that Photekq is running will have the classic version with text and hopefully will also be windowed.

Offline Prelim

what group buy?

Offline billnye

• ability man
what group buy?

Apologies to everyone who's waiting for a beige GB for this. The original plan was to have this happen quite a while ago, and it's been in the works before this thread was even made. But various things got in the way. Quotes/mockups from GMK are ready, I'm just waiting for the website to be finished [which is necessary, and very close to happening, just delayed by the fire in my place].

Needless to say I wouldn't have asked intelli to let me do it if I weren't confident I could make it happen. I'm still confident, I'm just annoyed by all the delays. I could have done it sooner with the classic spreadsheet/Paypal gift approach but I feel this is a much neater alternative and that it'll be worth the wait. As most people know, I'm a huge fan of the beige colour scheme and I'll be making sure it's done justice.

Watch this space.

Offline Prelim

ah lol, but the GB isn't opened yet... that's my confusion

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
I'm hoping this full set is as complete as Ivan's recent Dolch buy.  Every key I need for my upcoming build.   :thumb:

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear

Will be starting as soon as I have the pricing... probably next week.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Looks great! Count me in.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline intelli78

Groan, jizz. The icon legends actually look good on beige.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Show Image

Yay  :)   I plan on getting this set + the one Photekq is doing with text legends.  Can never have enough black on beige  ;)

How long will this GB run for? 
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Plan to collect order for 1 month from launch date.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
It seems not lack anything. That is great !!!

Offline ebacho

Officially bankrupt between the Dolch buy, feng's cyan, and this.  RIP wallet.

Offline Elocutive

In. When can I buy?
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Show Image

R3 Control key?!?!?! You just got my money.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Plan to collect order for 1 month from launch date.

I noticed Feng doing it also.  Why are you  making  the division and multiplication symbols next to the Numlock key on the numpad instead of / and *  ?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Why not have the correct ÷ and × when they are available? / and * are stand ins for the same thing divide and multiply.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Why not have the correct ÷ and × when they are available? / and * are stand ins for the same thing divide and multiply.

Oh I didn't know that was the correct layout.    I have a G80-3700HQAUS and it has the / and *.   In fact all the numpads I have seen have had the / and * next to Numlock.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
I saw your mock up Commondore keyset.

That mean GMK can do 2 type? True? If so, you can do both?

Offline swornxin

@Photekq Any idea when we'll be able to see your intended layout (for lack of a better term) so we can decide if we need Ivan's mod pack also?

FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Show Image

So wait are you doing classic beige or  reverse classic beige?

Offline Razer1987

Hi,

I am a newbie in the vintage Cherry world. I am gonna received my first Cherry DS set from a G81-1000HDF (azerty). It seems that modifiers are more grey than beige and alphas are black on white. I understand that i will never be able to find a matching moogle kit in terms of colour and profile. So i would like to keep the white Alphas and find a modifiers kit from a future GMK group buy.

Classic beige modifiers were orginally mixed with black on white alphas ? (do you have a keyboard reference number ?)

I am curious, why this IC kit seems to cover only 60% keyboard and numpad ? What about F5 to F8, cursors, end, home etc., they weren't beige ?

Last question, i am little confused by the read of the 10 pages, it's gonna be PBT dyesub or DS ABS ?

Thank you for your help.

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 December 2014, 03:19:19 by Razer1987 »

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.

I am curious, why this IC kit seems to cover only 60% keyboard and numpad ? What about F5 to F8, cursors, end, home etc., they weren't beige ?

This IC kit is only extendsion kit for special keyboard & symbol keycaps. So it 's not enough for modifier of keyboard.
So, you should wait photek 's group buy to get full modifier. He 'll run full set in the future :)

Last question, i am little confused by the read of the 10 pages, it's gonna be PBT dyesub or DS ABS ?

All is ABS Double shot
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 December 2014, 03:40:16 by quochung1989 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
@Photekq Any idea when we'll be able to see your intended layout (for lack of a better term) so we can decide if we need Ivan's mod pack also?
I'm still waiting for final mockups/quotes. I had to go back and change a few things.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Razer1987

This IC kit is only extendsion kit for special keyboard & symbol keycaps. So it 's not enough for modifier of keyboard.
So, you should wait photek 's group buy to get full modifier. He 'll run full set in the future :)

All is ABS Double shot

Thank you for your answer.

It's like a moogle kit for various keyboard layout. I get confused by the presence of numpad modifiers.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I mean ÷ and × are the 'correct' symbols in math. I like legend diversity, so sometimes I may do one thing or another.
I'm doing reverse beige for the full set, and also these modifier add on/patch kit in beige.
I only have the main typing block modifiers and the numpad keys for balance. I think it's OK if the nav and function keys were a different tone, it are different section of keys and looks fine aesthetically in my opinion. There exists some sets where they were another color for a purpose. Leaving out all those nav and function keys will save a lot on cost.

For example:

looks good to me.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 December 2014, 08:42:30 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline swornxin

I'm still waiting for final mockups/quotes. I had to go back and change a few things.
All good!  Thank you for the reply.  Will be waiting for an update!   ;D

FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
Is there any way to include a 7x spacebar?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 December 2014, 15:05:26 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
I saw your mock up Commondore keyset.

Show Image

That mean GMK can do 2 type? True? If so, you can do both?

Definitely like the way the reversed black on beige looks  :thumb:
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Yeah i see that. But i still like old style. I hope photek 'll do old style like cherry. If so, i can have all style.
If i want, i can change :) Only use a style is boring :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.

Offline Prelim

Show Image

So no caps lock legend or handbag and neither Alt Gr? :/

Offline intelli78

I am going to lock this, please continue discussion in Ivan's GB thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66364.0