Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 355904 times)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:56:33 »
In for GMK!  :thumb:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 13:01:02 »
If you make it comprehensive I'd be in, even with the hassle MD is for me at the moment. By comprehensive I mean the render shown below, that I took from another classic set in the IC level, I hope it does not bother the OP of that. If you decided to go the minimal set route, it would be hard for me to justify joining, just because of the colors alone.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2016, 13:03:52 by ideus »

Offline R4WBIT

« Reply #452 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 14:28:51 »
So no SA for this kit as it stands now? Super disappointed if that is the case  :-[

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 14:44:55 »
If you make it comprehensive I'd be in, even with the hassle MD is for me at the moment. By comprehensive I mean the render shown below, that I took from another classic set in the IC level, I hope it does not bother the OP of that. If you decided to go the minimal set route, it would be hard for me to justify joining, just because of the colors alone.

I second this! Although you don't have the GMK renders yet, from having a look at the renders for GMK Carbon, I'd say the keys offered in that buy is fairly comprehensive, just need a 6u spacebar and a couple of R4 1u blanks and we should be good to go! Will there be any novelties? Or is that out of the question for GMK due to tooling and mould costs?

Offline Data

« Reply #454 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:11:00 »
So no SA for this kit as it stands now? Super disappointed if that is the case  :-[

That's not exactly what he said.  GMK first, only because GMK has availability.  SP has none (on their SA equipment), so planning an SA set right now is pointless.

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:21:46 »
I would have purchased this in SA, but I'm extremely excited for this set in Cherry profile by GMK!

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #456 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:43:20 »
I, too, wonder what custom double shot legends would cost at GMK ..

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [IC] YURI SA Profile (Vote for cyrillics!)
« Reply #457 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:57:28 »
Any thoughts on having a Deep Dish Homing Kit like what the recent Jukebox set had? Kinda interested to see 8 deep dish keys on the home row.

This sounds badass
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #458 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:47:08 »
Would be in for a GMK set. I personally don't care for Cyrillic though

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #459 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 19:18:10 »
making this in GMK profile attract me more than SA.
looking forward to this .

Offline KyleZhuang

« Reply #460 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 20:20:13 »
I prefer GMK personally. Looking forward to it.
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #461 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 21:00:54 »
Sad to see that SA is going to be put into the back burner, but it makes sense why. Although, I don't really see the SA backlog going away anytime soon.

Can't wait for the GMK renders to show up though, I still am very excited about this colorway even with the different profile.  :thumb:

Offline simonyunhe

[IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #462 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 21:22:26 »
Like both profile as soon as the Cyrillic alpha is available. Also front print English is still an option, right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2016, 21:46:26 by simonyunhe »
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Jedi

« Reply #463 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 23:16:50 »
We will look if we can bring doubleshot cyrillics with it, but this is not a promise. If doubleshot cyrillics are too expensive then it will be just latin... We are checking right now the pricing for cyrillics.

Please keep with doubleshot keys if you must go the GMK route.  This is mad unfortunate.  I think we might have a hard shot if this goes to Massdrop as a GMK all in one kit with Cyrillics and even all Latin for that matter.  Its a nice color way but like you said, it may not have carbon's demand especially since GMK would need to make custom color keys.  Its been in IC this long, what's another few months?  SP is still a good test for demand, and Yurican always be run again in GMK.  I'm afraid if it goes to GMK first and demand just can't hit it, it might stall.

I mean if looking at the current set running on MD yields insight, its obvious that the real bulk of the orders is in base + mod + numpad.  This tends to normally be the case.  With that in mind, GMK makes it all or nothing meaning that unless we really hit strong positive demand, users may bulk at a initial $125.00 price point plus shipping.  80% of the buyers don't typically purchase the child deals, but the child deals together add to the base kit purchases which lead to more buyers due to the "lower price points".  Still, Yuri could hit 250 MOQ and even more, but it would be nice to test the waters with SP and then go to GMK.  A equivalent SA profile from SP with base, mod, and numpad kit is $95.97 at its lowest (MOQ=250) or $119.97 at its highest (MOQ=1).  GMK normally has a MOQ of 100 or failure.

SP brings a lot of pent up demand after the first round which could turn into GMK sales for round 2.  374 votes currently tallied for the Yuri SA profile on MD vs 1517 for the currently active SA profile drop.  It might be worth putting up a poll for GMK once the GMK renders are due back and see where it goes from there.

In the end its OP's decision and what profile would be best suited for the color way chosen.

Offline TheWhiteAndTheBlue

« Reply #464 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 02:28:12 »
I was really looking forward to the SA profile, specifically for the font. While GMK is nice, I agree on the apprehension towards the MOQ and child kits.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #465 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 03:02:34 »
SA Yuri:

I recently purchased the Filco SA keyset and thus decided to just buy Novelties kit from future SA GB to mix-n-match. Like right now it's 99% that I will buy the Chocolatier Novelties kit only and I don't think I would join the GB for Yuri SA given that the Novelties kit does not excite me. Of course exception is reserved sets like Penumbra R2 or Pulse R3 (still kicking myself for not joining Pulse R2 earlier this year, but it was so close after Granite R4 and I couldn't afford it at the time)

GMK Yuri:

the Cyrillic made this set, as others have pointed out. With Latin only as it stands I would not join the GB as the colorway will not, by itself, sell me this keyset (already joined GMK Carbon). If the set had Cyrillic and not doubleshot, I'm sure you're well aware of how the GMK TA Royal Alpha went and the whole pad-printed topic went down in the drop discussion page.

tl:dr: not interested in either profile as they stand. but really appreciate your work & effort and look forward to more revision/update in the future!

Offline johuu

« Reply #466 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 12:29:31 »
Imho a round 1 in popular SA (with all the real life pictures posted on the community forums) will make a round 2 in GMK profile a success story. I would just argue to get asap a position in the SP queue.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #467 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 13:44:02 »
As i said making it in SA would stall the SA production further. Chocolatier has estimated shipping date Feb 6, 2017. Thats six months! This is why i think its better to go Cherry route. This does not mean it will not be done in SA. Probably if round 2 happens it will be done in SA profile. Also keep in mind Carbon SA needs to be run too. It gathered some serious amount of requests. Running those two would extend/delay SA production further...

As i said we are checking the possibility of cyrillics. If its to expensive then it will be done just with latins. I see no problem here. I also do not expect Yuri being succesful as Carbon. There are obvious reasons for it. However if it sells 150 times and hits its moq, then its better than doing nothing. By the way some people talk here about pad printing. As i said no pad printing for cyrillics - only doubleshot. If i cant get it, then well so be it but it will be done just in latin. Pad printing for cyrillics is a no go for me.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 August 2016, 13:45:39 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #468 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:04:36 »
As i said making it in SA would stall the SA production further. Chocolatier has estimated shipping date Feb 6, 2017. Thats six months! This is why i think its better to go Cherry route. This does not mean it will not be done in SA. Probably if round 2 happens it will be done in SA profile. Also keep in mind Carbon SA needs to be run too. It gathered some serious amount of requests. Running those two would extend/delay SA production further...

As i said we are checking the possibility of cyrillics. If its to expensive then it will be done just with latins. I see no problem here. I also do not expect Yuri being succesful as Carbon. There are obvious reasons for it. However if it sells 150 times and hits its moq, then its better than doing nothing. By the way some people talk here about pad printing. As i said no pad printing for cyrillics - only doubleshot. If i cant get it, then well so be it but it will be done just in latin. Pad printing for cyrillics is a no go for me.

If GMK cyrillics, would it be cyrillics only, or latin+cyrillics like old cherry sets?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #469 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:20:43 »

If GMK cyrillics, would it be cyrillics only, or latin+cyrillics like old cherry sets?

If we go GMK doubleshot cyrillics then it will be a no brainer making a combo like the old cherry sets. However i will fix their crappy cyrillics.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #470 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:49:04 »
Expressing interest with the change to GMK this round, cyrillic or not, you have my money  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Butter

« Reply #471 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 20:25:12 »
Oh **** in for the GMK!!

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #472 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 23:10:02 »

If we go GMK doubleshot cyrillics then it will be a no brainer making a combo like the old cherry sets. However i will fix their crappy cyrillics.

That's great to hear! If doubleshot latin + cyrillics then I'm definitely in!

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #473 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 09:33:23 »
I'm more than fine with GMK for this.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #474 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 09:50:21 »
Does someone has a picture of an OG Cherry Cyrillic set? Do those sets have the Cyrillic legends pad printed? Originative made a set with double shot Latin characters with Cyrillic pad printed legends, is Yuri going to be the same kind?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #475 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 11:07:42 »
Does someone has a picture of an OG Cherry Cyrillic set? Do those sets have the Cyrillic legends pad printed? Originative made a set with double shot Latin characters with Cyrillic pad printed legends, is Yuri going to be the same kind?

As i said no pad printing for cyrillics - only doubleshot. If i cant get it, then well so be it but it will be done just in latin. Pad printing for cyrillics is a no go for me.

Offline Data

« Reply #476 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 14:01:30 »
I thought we considered front pad printing at one time for the Latin legends considering front doubleshot is probably not possible.  But I don't know if we got anywhere with that.  GMK's pad printing is more than adequate (it's quite good actually) for non-contact surfaces.  We just wouldn't use it for top legends.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #477 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 14:32:48 »

As i said no pad printing for cyrillics - only doubleshot. If i cant get it, then well so be it but it will be done just in latin. Pad printing for cyrillics is a no go for me.

Thank you very much for pointing that out, I have not read it yet.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #478 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 14:46:37 »
I thought we considered front pad printing at one time for the Latin legends considering front doubleshot is probably not possible.  But I don't know if we got anywhere with that.  GMK's pad printing is more than adequate (it's quite good actually) for non-contact surfaces.  We just wouldn't use it for top legends.

Front printed latin legends were considered for SA profile, because it was not possible to get two legends on the top due to its centered alignment. Thats not the case with cherry and it makes sense making both. So the thing is we go here either with doubleshot latin and cyrillics or with only latin letters. I hope we can go for the latin and cyrillics. That would be rad. Though that means it will get completely new alphas.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #479 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 18:14:36 »
Love this colorway. Ill be in for this one!

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #480 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 15:38:47 »
So sad that this went GMK...

Offline Lost2Frostbite

« Reply #481 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 23:39:35 »
Looking forward to a GMK set! When will we get renders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Data

« Reply #482 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 08:07:43 »
So sad that this went GMK...

Missing the bigger picture.   :rolleyes:

This can run on GMK and be a thing and exist on keyboards in the time it takes to organize a GB and book a production slot with SP for an SA set... and then wait for manufacturing... and then wait for fixes... and then wait for shipping.

There's no reason we can't have this set in both GMK and SA profiles.  GMK is just the low-hanging fruit right now.

Offline gaedol

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 08:12:04 »
Absolutely wonderful, count me in.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #484 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 08:25:02 »
This set will need some GMK renders at some point.

Offline kimanageer

« Reply #485 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 10:22:22 »

That's not exactly what he said.  GMK first, only because GMK has availability.  SP has none (on their SA equipment), so planning an SA set right now is pointless.

I dont think he will run 2 yuri sets in a year, it will reduce the demand of the second drop. So at least, the second drop will open in the next yeah, maybe 2018 i guess @@
Duck octagon - Zeal 65g , Leopold 660m , Leopold 750r, iKBC G104

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #486 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 12:14:38 »
Front printed latin legends were considered for SA profile, because it was not possible to get two legends on the top due to its centered alignment. Thats not the case with cherry and it makes sense making both. So the thing is we go here either with doubleshot latin and cyrillics or with only latin letters. I hope we can go for the latin and cyrillics. That would be rad. Though that means it will get completely new alphas.

I'm in regardless of profile (I'd love SA but GMK's fine) and lettering, I love the idea behind the set and I'm a huge fan of the colour scheme. Though if you are still taking community input into consideration, which I believe you are, I think the Cyrillic makes the set so much more interesting and unique, I'd be very happy if we can make that happen rather than just Latin.

Is the plan still to have it go up on Massdrop by the start of 2017? I can't wait to own it but I've spent so much money on sets and artisans last couple months (including your Carbon, congratulations on its success) so taking a breather would be a welcome change of pace!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #487 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:29:30 »
Got some news for you guys.

Yuri will be manufactured by GMK and sold on Massdrop. It will get 3 custom colors. And most importantly it will get doubleshot cyrillics and doubleshot latin letters! We are speaking here of complete alpha overhaul. Its gonna be a little bit pricier than Carbon and it will get an MOQ of 250. I think Yuri with cyrillics can beat 250 MOQ easily.

I got to develop Cyrillics now. Bye! :)

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:31:28 »

Yuri will be manufactured by GMK and sold on Massdrop. It will get 3 custom colors. And most importantly it will get doubleshot cyrillics and doubleshot latin letters! We are speaking here of complete alpha overhaul. Its gonna be a little bit pricier than Carbon and it will get an MOQ of 250. I think Yuri with cyrillics can beat 250 MOQ easily.

That is awesome, good luck develop the Cyrillic.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #489 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:39:00 »

Wow, this is great news!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #490 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:46:23 »

Everyone's reaction

The Cyrillic will reach the 250 MOQ so fast it'll be insane, couple questions though - you mentioned 3 custom colors, which will those be? Also, is there any new ETA update by MD?

Good luck and have fun with the Cyrillic development!

Offline Data

« Reply #491 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:46:54 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #492 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:06:14 »
The Cyrillic will reach the 250 MOQ so fast it'll be insane, couple questions though - you mentioned 3 custom colors, which will those be? Also, is there any new ETA update by MD?
ETA is somewhere next Year probably. First half of he next Year. I got some stuff todo and Massdrop's schedule is full.
The colors will be the same as i have defined from the start:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:15:15 »
ETA is somewhere next Year probably. First half of he next Year. I got some stuff todo and Massdrop's schedule is full.
The colors will be the same as i have defined from the start:

Ah yea, of course those are the colors you meant, derp my bad.

First half of next year sounds great!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #494 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:25:12 »

A set with double shot Cyrillics and Latin will reach MoQ for sure.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #495 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:29:34 »
Since MD is topped off until next year, wouldn't it be beneficial for all to get this sooner if other vendors were explored (eg. Originative, KeyClack, to name a few) to host the GB, just like GMK Skeletor did with Originative? I'd rather give my money back to the community-run businesses than to MD to be honest.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:31:34 by Pinecone »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:39:36 »
Since MD is topped off until next year, wouldn't it be beneficial for all to get this sooner if other vendors were explored (eg. Originative, KeyClack, to name a few) to host the GB, just like GMK Skeletor did with Originative? I'd rather give my money back to the community-run businesses than to MD to be honest.

Was Carbon pricing not community friendly? 99 bucks for a keyset with so many keys that you can cover even some exotic layouts. 3 custom colors.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #497 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 16:15:40 »

Was Carbon pricing not community friendly? 99 bucks for a keyset with so many keys that you can cover even some exotic layouts. 3 custom colors.

It was so friendly I got two sets  ;D

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #498 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 18:17:03 »

It was so friendly I got two sets  ;D
Me too!
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #499 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 18:55:39 »

I'm not complaining about the price, I'm just suggesting alternative platforms to Massdrop since they're backed up until next year. I've had bad experience with their support in their past and I really only buy things on Massdrop if I have no other choice anyway, so that's my bias.