Author Topic: [IC] CNC Aluminum Case for Topre RealForce TKL keyboards  (Read 147339 times)

Offline need

Re: [IC] Norbauer Case for RealForce 87U
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 18:14:41 »
While I respect you wanting to leave your mark, and while this would probably not be a deal breaker to me, I would prefer a case without branding.

I actually prefer not to leave my mark. There are exceptions to this were branding can add some beautiful ornamentation to products (the snow caps on Mont Blanc products, for example), but generally speaking I don't like branding for its own sake unless it add something aesthetically to the product. I was mainly responding to requests by others above, but generally speaking I tend to have a strong anti-branding bias and prefer to let the product speak for itself. :)

As much as I like plain designs, a maker's mark makes total sense to me. Especially for anything that has a sense of craftsmanship to it. When it's overdone though, it gets distasteful quickly.

I think a good rule of thumb would be put it at a place where the user needs to actually try to look for it. There's no point to make it louder than it needs to be. I would prefer a hidden logo to an object that feels anonymous.

Maybe even a date/year would work too. A lot of vintage keyboards have their dates, and it feels really good to be able to have some kind of traceable reference and perspective of when it's made.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2017, 18:33:05 by need »

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
Re: [IC] CNC Corian/Aluminum Case for Topre RealForce TKL keyboards
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 18:50:07 »

I may be coming around to a similar view myself. Based on my tests so far, it can definitely be machined in this geometry if correct feeds and speeds are used, but I share your concern about brittleness of the end product. That being said, I have notes and examples of a number of consumer products being machined from Corian (including even an electronics housing), so I don't want to give up too early. I'm continuing to experiment.

FWIW, the survey data also suggests that people are at best ambivalent and maybe even prefer the idea of good old aluminum, so I'm exploring that avenue in parallel right now. I feel like aluminum calls for a slightly different design, so I'm working on that right now and then will get a prototype—maybe with hard ano (in black) as an option as some have suggested/requested.

If you can find a company that can machine it properly then you should give a prototype a shot but i think it would be a lot more expensive than aluminum since the finishing process is more delicate. If you did have a successful prototype I might suggest some level of drop tests to test its durability. I think Corian would be a very sweet keyboard case but in a more simple and robust form.

Like a 60% case?

Ya, any case that would only have an outer boundary with some beefy bezels. 40%, 60%, 75%. Corian comes in sheets of 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" so any depth more than that would require extra man hours to glue together. Glue joints are typically invisible on lighter colors. You would see it on black.

I am able to source solid surface in greater thicknesses that aren't laminated together, but it wouldn't be "Dupont" brand—not that this probably matters at all.

You know, that's a really good point about the 60% case. If my 87U tests don't work out, maybe we'll defer this Corian idea to a smaller more robust design such as a 60%. I really do want to make a case in Corian eventually, though. It has been a longstanding dream of mine, though I realize what a huge dork that makes me.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 19:43:59 »

I am able to source solid surface in greater thicknesses that aren't laminated together, but it wouldn't be "Dupont" brand—not that this probably matters at all.

You know, that's a really good point about the 60% case. If my 87U tests don't work out, maybe we'll defer this Corian idea to a smaller more robust design such as a 60%. I really do want to make a case in Corian eventually, though. It has been a longstanding dream of mine, though I realize what a huge dork that makes me.

I haven't seen anything thicker than that. Just check with your local solid surface shop to see what they are able to source from their manufacturers. The glue joint isnt necessarily a deal breaker. The two part epoxy that is used it color matched to the corian color, its just a little visible with darker colors, solid black being the worst.

If you did a design for a 60% case, any kind of angled case might be a challenge for a typical shop that only does countertops. Milling out in flat planes and holes for threaded inserts should be no problem.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 20:08:48 »

I haven't seen anything thicker than that. Just check with your local solid surface shop to see what they are able to source from their manufacturers. The glue joint isnt necessarily a deal breaker. The two part epoxy that is used it color matched to the corian color, its just a little visible with darker colors, solid black being the worst.

If you did a design for a 60% case, any kind of angled case might be a challenge for a typical shop that only does countertops. Milling out in flat planes and holes for threaded inserts should be no problem.

Yes, these would be made in Asia by a plastic machining shop with a lot of experience across a wide range of materials. A wider variety of thicknesses of solid surface are available to these vendors beyond what is normally used for countertop work. I have seen sheets available in 30mm thicknesses and above.

Offline UnFocused

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 18:45:15 »
Oh yes!

I've been wanting a metal case for my RF ever since I built my Phantom with TEX aluminum case.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 19:06:31 »
I discussed the concerns about Corian machinability and durability today, and they suggest that we withhold judgement until we've seen some samples—that is may turn out better than we're supposing if done properly. Ideally, I'd love to do an option in both materials. That's what this exploration/experimentation thread is for. I'll keep everyone posted once I have some solid info and samples with photos. :)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 19:19:00 »
I discussed the concerns about Corian machinability and durability today, and they suggest that we withhold judgement until we've seen some samples—that is may turn out better than we're supposing if done properly. Ideally, I'd love to do an option in both materials. That's what this exploration/experimentation thread is for. I'll keep everyone posted once I have some solid info and samples with photos. :)

i'd feel safe and cozy with good ol aluminium, but corian is intriguing

mostly curious about the feel of the surface finish, and it would be cool to have a white/off-white colour

Offline ns90

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 21:13:04 »
Dammit. Now I need to buy a Realforce.

Offline richard912

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 21:58:11 »
Don't forget to think about getting some MX sliders too :p

Offline ns90

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 22:08:13 »
Don't forget to think about getting some MX sliders too :p

Well, luckily I already have about 20, AND 4 stabilizer housings. ;D

Offline sodiumjoe

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 19:02:42 »
I think I would actually prefer dark aluminum, but my wife made some contact lens cases out of corian, it's a lovely material: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mooncases/moon-contact-lens-case

She had them CNC milled, but their was a labor-intensive (for both of us) polishing process once they came back from the the shop. I'd be happy to relay/answer any questions if you have any.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 19:52:16 »
I think I would actually prefer dark aluminum, but my wife made some contact lens cases out of corian, it's a lovely material: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mooncases/moon-contact-lens-case

She had them CNC milled, but their was a labor-intensive (for both of us) polishing process once they came back from the the shop. I'd be happy to relay/answer any questions if you have any.

Awesome! That's exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. :D

Offline sodiumjoe

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 23:30:16 »

Awesome! That's exactly the sort of thing I had in mind. :D

Btw, I already took the survey, but I'd be most interested in an fc660c case!

Offline dailyherold

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 13:40:06 »
Very excited to see how this develops!

Offline axtran

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 00:10:53 »
FWIW, I would be all in on Corian. I think the RF deserves something that defines it more than aluminum. :)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline avid

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:48:35 »
Corian seems very cool indeed! Especially the white version. And the brass insert that someone mentioned earlier is something id happily pay for. I know some korean (tx) have sold them in the $50 range. Well i guess you could only wish for a 3,5 - 4kg (8-9 lbs) keyboard  :D

I already have a rf 45g, but this makes me hurry up to pick up a 2nd one in the 55g version.

Offline donhonk

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 00:34:58 »
Against my better judgement, I'd buy the **** out of this.

The exotic material sounds good too.

Offline FSund

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 03:32:41 »
Any progress regarding the feasibility of a Corian case?

Also, will the case come in a polished finish?
I'm curious what the finish would look like straight from the machine vs. polished.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 06:39:23 »
I don't even like TKLs but I feel like I would have to buy this  :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 11:16:58 »
I don't even like TKLs but I feel like I would have to buy this  :(

Ha. I don't need another TKL (have 3 I don't use) and I don't like topre (already sold off one) but I'm going to buy this!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 11:25:19 »
this case could be my gateway drug into the world of rubber domes  :-\

Offline Atredl

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 12:07:32 »
... and I don't like topre ...

When did that happen? I thought I remembered you advocating topre is the best tactile switch. (Totally not stalking)

Offline PerniciousPony

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 12:37:37 »
I've been quietly stalking this thread, and thought I'd share a few pictures that might be useful to some.  I've got an 86u, 87u, and 89u.  I am also interested in a case with blockers, and have pictures of both my 87u and 86u in the 10th AE 89u case.

Here is my 87u with blockers.  It doesn't carry the same aesthetic as a true winkeyless bottom row, but is fully functional. 

Here is my 86u with blockers.

In my experience, all of the cases have been completely interchangeable between boards, with one exception.  The 10th AE JIS board(the one with blockers) did not have the dip switch cutout as that pcb doesn't have a dip switch.  I simply used a dremel to cut out this recess and now I can swap cases between any tkl realforce whenever I want.

To use your board with blockers on the winkeys, you'd need to take the board apart and  remove the domes, springs, sliders, and slider housings from those switches as seen here.

Offline consolation

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 23:45:14 »
Sorry if this has already been proposed, but regarding the top inset, make it interchangeable; put 4 holes in the case and make the inset with four legs to fit them, secure with screws from the inside. That way, people can buy more than one insert.

Offline PerniciousPony

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 18:32:41 »
Sorry if this has already been proposed, but regarding the top inset, make it interchangeable; put 4 holes in the case and make the inset with four legs to fit them, secure with screws from the inside. That way, people can buy more than one insert.

That'd work if the case does have the different tops, but I'm pretty sure the general consensus at this point is for no insert(blank top).

Offline poolside

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 14:16:38 »
I've been quietly stalking this thread, and thought I'd share a few pictures that might be useful to some.  I've got an 86u, 87u, and 89u.  I am also interested in a case with blockers, and have pictures of both my 87u and 86u in the 10th AE 89u case.

Here is my 87u with blockers.  It doesn't carry the same aesthetic as a true winkeyless bottom row, but is fully functional. 

Here is my 86u with blockers.

In my experience, all of the cases have been completely interchangeable between boards, with one exception.  The 10th AE JIS board(the one with blockers) did not have the dip switch cutout as that pcb doesn't have a dip switch.  I simply used a dremel to cut out this recess and now I can swap cases between any tkl realforce whenever I want.

To use your board with blockers on the winkeys, you'd need to take the board apart and  remove the domes, springs, sliders, and slider housings from those switches as seen here.

Nice pictures, the Stormtrooper one looks very clean  :thumb:
Thanks for pointing out that detail about the DIP switches.

Offline consolation

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 08:19:37 »

Oops, I got too excited and missed the magnetic part when reading the top post - I do have one concern with that, do you really want magnets around computer stuff? If it's going to be strong enough to hold on to the plate, what happens when you leave a floppy disk or USB thumb drive on top? OK, I jest about the floppy... But, I do think that a mechanical attachment is a better idea; perhaps a lip above the keys where you can slide one edge of the plate, and have it overhang the back for some bolt attachment - I suggest 5.5mm | 7/32" hex heads...  ;) The advantage is that you get a slight lip so you can use it as a tray without the plate (or with a tray insert) and you get a back plate that will give the illusion of the top being a more substantial feature / solid object. It's a trick used by designers in vintage cars a fair bit.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 17:15:55 »

Oops, I got too excited and missed the magnetic part when reading the top post - I do have one concern with that, do you really want magnets around computer stuff? If it's going to be strong enough to hold on to the plate, what happens when you leave a floppy disk or USB thumb drive on top? OK, I jest about the floppy... But, I do think that a mechanical attachment is a better idea; perhaps a lip above the keys where you can slide one edge of the plate, and have it overhang the back for some bolt attachment - I suggest 5.5mm | 7/32" hex heads...  ;) The advantage is that you get a slight lip so you can use it as a tray without the plate (or with a tray insert) and you get a back plate that will give the illusion of the top being a more substantial feature / solid object. It's a trick used by designers in vintage cars a fair bit.

USB drives use flash storage. Only hard drive storage is vulnerable to magnets, and even then you have to go completely overboard to actually damage it.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline norbauer

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 22:09:12 »
Just wanted to offer a quick update that the PCB design (required due to the fact that we want a detachable cable) is now done, so I was able to finish my CAD model with the PCB standoffs. It is currently being made by my trusty prototyping buddies in Shenzhen in aluminum. Once the design is verified to fit the plate properly (should arrive to me in about a week), we'll try it in Corian. This way if Corian doesn't work, we'll at least have aluminum to fall back on. :) Progress, slowly but surely.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 22:10:06 »
Just wanted to offer a quick update that the PCB design (required due to the fact that we want a detachable cable) is now done, so I was able to finish my CAD model with the PCB standoffs. It is currently being made by my trusty prototyping buddies in Shenzhen in aluminum. Once the design is verified to fit the plate properly (should arrive to me in about a week), we'll try it in Corian. This way if Corian doesn't work, we'll at least have aluminum to fall back on. :) Progress, slowly but surely.

awesome

thx for the update

Offline The_Boom_Boy

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 23:07:45 »
I think that the material definitely sounds super cool. But anything bigger than a 60% isn no fun. I think that it would be sweat to do a 60% case with an integrated wrist rest to really be touching the cool material all of the time. I don't know.

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 03:41:22 »

Would love to get more details on the detachable cable. Will it be possible for us to use mini/micro cables or is it just magnetic fullsize or usb c?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 11:21:48 »

Would love to get more details on the detachable cable. Will it be possible for us to use mini/micro cables or is it just magnetic fullsize or usb c?

The way it is designed now is that it's a USB C socket, into which a plug fits that gives it the magnetic functionality. The plus sits inside a recess, so it's pretty subtle. But if you want to forgo the magnet, it's easy to do so.

Offline moh18one

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 18:24:53 »
Hi there,

As a future owner of an Realforce 10th anniversary edition, I'm definitely interested in your case. Nevertheless, I've something that bother me because I haven't any informations about that.

Will the Realforce case be as bulky as the one from the Leopold FC660C or FC980C ( see the picture below)? or probably bulkier?

Do you have in mind the dimensions of your aluminium/corian case?

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 June 2017, 18:29:22 by moh18one »

Offline consolation

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 07:53:58 »

USB drives use flash storage. Only hard drive storage is vulnerable to magnets, and even then you have to go completely overboard to actually damage it.

My experience with flash drives near MRI machines (as in room next door "near") says otherwise  :-[

Edit: OK, so the dork that I am, I began to worry that all the dead flash drives were due to other reasons and moving the coat hanger to the other side of the room didn't "fix" anything. After way too much reading: magnetic fields won't damage your nand storage, BUT, changes in magnetic fields will induce a current that can corrupt your data. So, going back to the magnetic snaps, probably not a problem - but potentially you could make it one. I still don't like the idea, but guess having to tell my supervisor that "the MRI machine ate my homework," has made me hyper-sensitive...
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 June 2017, 08:10:29 by consolation »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 10:26:14 »

My experience with flash drives near MRI machines (as in room next door "near") says otherwise  :-[

Edit: OK, so the dork that I am, I began to worry that all the dead flash drives were due to other reasons and moving the coat hanger to the other side of the room didn't "fix" anything. After way too much reading: magnetic fields won't damage your nand storage, BUT, changes in magnetic fields will induce a current that can corrupt your data. So, going back to the magnetic snaps, probably not a problem - but potentially you could make it one. I still don't like the idea, but guess having to tell my supervisor that "the MRI machine ate my homework," has made me hyper-sensitive...

Not to be too cheeky, but I'm pretty sure that MRIs generate slightly more powerful magnetic fields than tiny magsafe connections. ;) Remember that Apple has used these for like a decade, including back in the days of magnetic hard drives (which, actually, I think they still sell). Maybe don't press your thumb drives right against the cable termination to see what happens, but otherwise, I don't think it's an issue of major concern.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 10:31:15 »
Hi there,

As a future owner of an Realforce 10th anniversary edition, I'm definitely interested in your case. Nevertheless, I've something that bother me because I haven't any informations about that.

Will the Realforce case be as bulky as the one from the Leopold FC660C or FC980C ( see the picture below)? or probably bulkier?

Show Image

Much bulkier. It's just part of the RealForce aesthetic, especially the huge PCB overhang at the back. I'm limited by the profile of the keyboard itself with respect to how small I can make it, unfortunately. If you want a slimmer profile, I'd recommend finding a Novatouch and pairing that with one of my aluminum cases.

I'll wait until I've got the prototype back to pronounce on the final dimensions, as I might slim down the front-to-back dimension a bit if it seems too deep. Currently the area below the spacebar is about 1mm thicker than I'd ideally like, but again this is due to design constraints of the plate, which has to tabs that stick out at the bottom for some reason. If it seems OK in person, I'll leave it as is. If it feels to me to be too thick in that area, I'll have to get a bit "creative" with a design solution.

Offline FSund

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 03:01:01 »
Just switched from my Novatouch (w/norbauer case, naturally!) to my Realforce 88u, and man, it's amazing what difference a proper case does!

Can't wait for an alu (or hopefully a Corian) case for the Realforce.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 08:39:24 »
Hi there,

Show Image

When I think of the Leopold FC660C case, "bulky" has never come to mind.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 06:04:45 »
Wow. This is slick. If the corian comes to fruition you can certainly count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stillzman

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 09:31:52 »
Any updates?

Offline consolation

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 01:46:44 »
...If it feels to me to be too thick in that area, I'll have to get a bit "creative" with a design solution.

If Corian is uncertain due to unknown material properties; perhaps a, small, trial run of cases for the topre numpads would be worthwhile?
 Totally not trying to con you into making a case for my numpad........

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 07:59:49 »
...If it feels to me to be too thick in that area, I'll have to get a bit "creative" with a design solution.

If Corian is uncertain due to unknown material properties; perhaps a, small, trial run of cases for the topre numpads would be worthwhile?
 Totally not trying to con you into making a case for my numpad........

Offline norbauer

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 00:09:46 »
I now have the anodized aluminum case prototype in hand, and I couldn't possibly be happier. This is also the first time I've made a design for something involving substantial amounts of reverse engineering where I managed to nail all the details on the first try. Everything lines up and fits perfectly. :D

Frankly: I really, really like how this turned out. Radii everywhere, and no visible seam! Totally worth the fuss.

I'm now sending the verified design to the Corian manufacturer to see if they can pull off this design in that material. If that falls through, however, I'm delighted to observe that aluminum makes for a fantastic option. In that latter scenario, we could have a group buy rolling in just a couple of weeks.

Note that this doesn't have the PCB and magsafe cable. Those are on the way soon hopefully.

Also I've shown it here with the risers installed. Unlike the original RF itself, It can also be used dead flat (my own preferred orientation).

I look forward to hearing what you all think!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 11:44:49 by norbauer »

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 00:21:33 »
I don't have a realforce, but that looks incredible! Great work as always man!
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 00:24:05 »
I cannot believe I'm seeing something like this so soon. The 55g is my daily work horse. To give it something to make it stand out is a delightful dream of mine.
The Digilog case is out of my reach, and I wasn't too impressed by the colors. I am so ecstatic for this GB, however, because of the options and more-updated design.

Sorry if I missed it, but will there be options for the top of the case? I remember there was a poll and you asked for options on what to put up there. I remember entering a wood finish with grooves for writing utensils, etc.

Offline ___q

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 00:29:46 »
Wow it's beautiful, would be 100% in for a GB regardless of material.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 01:07:51 »
I now have the anodized aluminum case prototype in hand, and I couldn't possibly be happier. This is also the first time I've made a design for something involving substantial amounts of reverse engineering where I managed to nail all the details on the first try. Everything lines up and fits perfectly. :D

Frankly: I really, really like how this turned out. Radii everywhere, and visible seam! Totally worth the fuss.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm now sending the verified design to the Corian manufacturer to see if they can pull off this design in that material. If that falls through, however, I'm delighted to observe that aluminum makes for a fantastic option. In that latter scenario, we could have a group buy rolling in just a couple of weeks.

Note that this doesn't have the PCB and magsafe cable. Those are on the way soon hopefully.

Also I've shown it here with the risers installed. Unlike the original RF itself, It can also be used dead flat (my own preferred orientation).

dude that is MINT

you've outdone yourself here, i'm so hyped for this

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 01:11:43 »
I cannot believe I'm seeing something like this so soon. The 55g is my daily work horse. To give it something to make it stand out is a delightful dream of mine.
The Digilog case is out of my reach, and I wasn't too impressed by the colors. I am so ecstatic for this GB, however, because of the options and more-updated design.

Sorry if I missed it, but will there be options for the top of the case? I remember there was a poll and you asked for options on what to put up there. I remember entering a wood finish with grooves for writing utensils, etc.

As someone who owned a digilog for a very long time, you aren't missing out. The quality of the breakout board was sub-par, the anodizing scratched if you looked at it funny, and the feet were awkward as hell. This looks amazing though. I'm super excited for this design. It's gorgeous.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline lasermild

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 03:30:22 »

Frankly: I really, really like how this turned out. Radii everywhere, and no visible seam! Totally worth the fuss.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

WOW  :eek:
Perfect for my RF55g..