Author Topic: Who owns a colorway?  (Read 118127 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: Who owns a colorway?
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:14:00 »
Material Provided to Us or Posted On or Through the Site
We do not claim ownership of any content, application or other material that you or third parties provide to us (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit on or through the Site, including our blog pages, message boards, chat rooms and forums, for review by the general public, registered users of the Site or by the members of any public or private community (“Submission”) and we are not responsible for their content, accuracy or compliance with relevant laws or regulations. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) your Submission you grant us and sub-licensees a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to display, publish and otherwise use your Submission in any format in connection with the operation of our respective businesses (including, without limitation, the Site). There is no obligation on our part to display or otherwise use any Submission you may provide, and we may remove any Submission at any time as our sole discretion. By Posting a Submission, you also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for granting the permission specified above.
We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor Submissions to determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any operating rules we establish and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. We shall have the right in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any Submission.

The only possible thing you anyone MIGHT own is artwork being submitted as a legend.  Even then, they have permission to reproduce it at will.  You do not own **** regarding colorways.  Technically, I could start a group buy through their system using Pulse exact color chips, family, and font provided it wasn't a user submitted font.  Guess what MiTo, you couldn't stop me.

Edit:  source for the quote https://pimpmykeyboard.com/terms-conditions/

Also, technically, if MiTo didn't have express unlimited reproduction rights for those legends he "free hand drew", then he was in violation of SPs Terms and Conditions.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:15:39 »
We do not claim ownership of any content, application or other material that you or third parties provide to us (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit on or through the Site, including our blog pages, message boards, chat rooms and forums, for review by the general public, registered users of the Site or by the members of any public or private community (“Submission”) and we are not responsible for their content, accuracy or compliance with relevant laws or regulations. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) your Submission you grant us and sub-licensees a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to display, publish and otherwise use your Submission in any format in connection with the operation of our respective businesses (including, without limitation, the Site). There is no obligation on our part to display or otherwise use any Submission you may provide, and we may remove any Submission at any time as our sole discretion. By Posting a Submission, you also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for granting the permission specified above.
We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor Submissions to determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any operating rules we establish and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. We shall have the right in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any Submission.

The only possible thing you anyone MIGHT own is artwork being submitted as a legend.  Even then, they have permission to reproduce it at will.  You do not own **** regarding colorways.  Technically, I could start a group buy through their system using Pulse exact color chips, family, and font provided it wasn't a user submitted font.  Guess what MiTo, you couldn't stop me.

Thank you for actually reading the Terms and Conditions. I wonder how long PMK has been looking at this thread and just saying, "I wish these idiots would just read our damn Terms of Service." It answers the thread question in no uncertain terms.

Offline zslane

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:16:47 »
Yeah, being able to purchase something which is produced (by machine, mind you) and sold to the general public isn't something I would call an entitlement. It is simply commerce.

For a lot of folks, keycaps are just products they buy to make their keyboards prettier. They are probably not even be aware of the time and effort it takes to design these sets. But they are willing to pay for the priviledge of having them just the same. Only a fool turns down their money over disapproval of the casual level of their participation in the hobby.

Moreover, I feel it is patently unfair to expect future buyers to be welcomed into the hobby by relegating past sets into the exclusive realm of collectors, when all it takes to make the keysets available again is to allocate a slot in SP's manufacturing schedule and flip a switch. For all the heavily involved members of the community who helped shepherd a set from concept to reality, the reward for that involvement was the fun of participation and the satisfaction of having a voice during development. The idea that a further reward should be the right to turn it into a collector's item is a more chilling example of entitlement, in my view.

But that is all rather tangential to the subject of colorway ownership. I apologize for the threat derailment.

Well, you do realize how long it takes to even get a set made by PMK at this point even after the order is placed right? Months, at the very least. So they still aren't like a lot of retail items that you can just quickly get made when you run out.

Oh, absolutely true. Yet there is a vast difference between "You must wait six months," and "You will never see them made ever again." One is simply the reality of the extremely niche nature of custom keycaps. The other is the result of designers overstepping their bounds, IMO. And I say this as someone who is about to embark on a keyset design IC very shortly.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:19:13 »
@livingspeedbump and @hoffmanmyster -- ditto.

Respect can be a tricky thing. In this context, having others respect a set you put together is something that is earned. Trying to lock it down by claiming ownership is IMHO naïve and defeats the purpose of earning respect.

Besides, if you don't know this already....

Offline zslane

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:22:06 »

Thank you for actually reading the Terms and Conditions. I wonder how long PMK has been looking at this thread and just saying, "I wish these idiots would just read our damn Terms of Service." It answers the thread question in no uncertain terms.

If I'm not mistaken, Oobly is working with SP to amend those terms precisely because it offers no recognition/assignment of ownership of original design work. It is his feeling that no serious designer would agree to those terms and conditions, and if he is right and he is successful in his efforts, you will see changes in the not too distant future.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 17:33:19 »
@livingspeedbump and @hoffmanmyster -- ditto.

Respect can be a tricky thing. In this context, having others respect a set you put together is something that is earned. Trying to lock it down by claiming ownership is IMHO naïve and defeats the purpose of earning respect.

I havent been able to lock down what I was getting at, but this does it. Respect
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:10:44 »
The set will not run again whether you guys want it, agree with it, like it or not.

It's my idea and I developed it. The only one who can discuss this with me is the manufacturer. That's the plain simple truth. I said since my first day here that my sets would be solo run for the sake of creativity and it's not my fault if many of you are that fat kid in the playground who can't hear and accept "no" as answer.

Other people running again? I don't think so, nowadays there are royalties and very complicate and delicate factors involved. Factors that should be discussed designer-manufacturer directly.

If I ever feel like running the set again, then I'll do it. Perhaps as a tribute to the community and people who like it, or maybe an humanitarian cause. To the day, my will to create new things is the bigger than repeating old stuff. But maybe this can change who knows. Things are ever changing in life.

Respect my decision as the creator of the keyset.

Stop the double standards and respect everyone equally.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:14:18 »
The set will not run again whether you guys want it, agree with it, like it or not.

It's my idea and I developed it. The only one who can discuss this with me is the manufacturer. That's the plain simple truth. I said since my first day here that my sets would be solo run for the sake of creativity and it's not my fault if many of you are that fat kid in the playground who can't hear and accept "no" as answer.

Other people running again? I don't think so, nowadays there are royalties and very complicate and delicate factors involved. Factors that should be discussed designer-manufacturer directly.

If I ever feel like running the set again, then I'll do it. Perhaps as a tribute to the community and people who like it, or maybe an humanitarian cause. To the day, my will to create new things is the bigger than repeating old stuff. But maybe this can change who knows. Things are ever changing in life.

Respect my decision as the creator of the keyset.

Stop the double standards and respect everyone equally.

But to hell with the people whose stuff you copied artistically interpretation.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:24:22 »
But to hell with the people whose stuff you copied artistically interpretation.

Again, the only icon ever used was PuLSE's logo and I have absolute license to use it. All of the other icons are my direct manual craft. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:26:05 »
I believe all of the relevant points from my side were already presented and discussed and therefore I'll leave this discussion for now.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:38:31 »
But you stated that you didn't pay for the rights of the membership until after, which means you were in violation when you submitted the work.

Even so, there is nothing stopping me from running a GB for the exact same caps, and colors, I just won't have access to your legends. 

You have zero legal legs to stand on.  Now I wouldn't do that.  At one point I was planning on running a small GB that included 7bits symbols legends but in Toxic colors.  I was planning on doing this totally independent of the then running Toxic buy. 

I pmed both 7bit and BunnyLake for usage rights before even speaking with SP.  Both individuals gave me full permission. 

My point is this, if you want respect, you have to give it first.  It has to be earned, not demanded.  I have yet to see you do anything that would amount to earning a gram of respect.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:41:17 »

I pmed both 7bit and BunnyLake for usage rights before even speaking with SP.  Both individuals gave me full permission. 

Generally speaking, if you approach designers like this, they will give a full thumbs up it generally seems.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 18:41:28 »
But you stated that you didn't pay for the rights of the membership until after, which means you were in violation when you submitted the work.

:thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:01:52 »

I never stated that neither. Again feel free to prove otherwise.

And if you are so worried about that, delete you GeekHack account, hit the Pizza Hutt and lawyer up.

PS: And please invite me if possible as I love Pizza Hutt.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:02:45 »
And if you are so worried about that, delete you GeekHack account

We don't have the option to delete our Geekhack account you n00b. HAHAHA

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:04:36 »

I didn't do this before because I didn't even know what the source for such icons was.

:blank:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:05:56 »

Okay.

To solve the icon/symbol ownership issue, and to cease the discussion towards "stolen art" even though the only art I ever used on an actual real production project without giving credit to the creator was PuLSE's logo, I have now bought the complete license to all of the icons linked by lucaslink in this thread plus the entire database of icons from The Noun Project.

I now have unlimited license to use the following icons:

Leaf;
• Cosmonaut;
• Planet Earth;
• PuLSE's Logo;
• and every other icon that's featured on The Noun Project database.

I actually bought the premium membership, so I can download and use absolutely all of the icons (over 150,000 icons) displayed on the site without having to give credit to their respective creators, even for commercial use, reproduction and modification. Absolute and complete license. I didn't do this before because I didn't even know what the source for such icons was. You can pay $1,99 for each icon that you want or pay $9,99 for a monthly membership that can be canceled at any time. I chose the latter since my college will make good use of this account (and they are funding it anyway).

https://thenounproject.com/accounts/pricing/#

My position towards color schemes protection (and not ownership) remain and I'd like to hear back from Signature Plastics and other people's civil opinion about that.

Next?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:07:26 »
Maaaaan, now I want Pizza Hut.

And I have a strong urge to delete my geekhack account...

Must...resist...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:08:12 »

Must...resist...

Pizza Hut don't have vegan cheese FML

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:10:13 »
More

Okay.

To solve the icon/symbol ownership issue, and to cease the discussion towards "stolen art" even though the only art I ever used on an actual real production project without giving credit to the creator was PuLSE's logo, I have now bought the complete license to all of the icons linked by lucaslink in this thread plus the entire database of icons from The Noun Project.

I now have unlimited license to use the following icons:

Leaf;
• Cosmonaut;
• Planet Earth;
• PuLSE's Logo;
• and every other icon that's featured on The Noun Project database.

I actually bought the premium membership, so I can download and use absolutely all of the icons (over 150,000 icons) displayed on the site without having to give credit to their respective creators, even for commercial use, reproduction and modification. Absolute and complete license. I didn't do this before because I didn't even know what the source for such icons was. You can pay $1,99 for each icon that you want or pay $9,99 for a monthly membership that can be canceled at any time. I chose the latter since my college will make good use of this account (and they are funding it anyway).

https://thenounproject.com/accounts/pricing/#

My position towards color schemes protection (and not ownership) remain and I'd like to hear back from Signature Plastics and other people's civil opinion about that.

Next?

You beat me to it Hoff

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:11:26 »
Don't forget to follow the other steps of the list.

Come on man, I'm dead serious.

;)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:14:38 »

I didn't do this before because I didn't even know what the source for such icons was.

:blank:

:eek:

:p

:cool:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:16:49 »
:'(  No turning back from this...

I'll miss you guys.

* HoffmanMyster deletes his geekhack account

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:19:56 »

I'll miss you guys.

124869-0

Must...resist...

124871-1

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:20:37 »

I'll miss you guys.

bye.

Offline HoffmanClackster

• HOFF, MAN OF CLACKSTERY
  • * St. Jude Supporter
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:22:27 »

I'll miss you guys.

We'll miss you, buddy.  :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 19:28:06 »
I feel like the whole of GH are ****ing with me, this **** is unbelievable. :-\

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 20:54:51 »
yo ****s still going on about this?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 20:59:42 »
It should be noted that Rowdy actually does own Yellow.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 21:12:05 »
It should be noted that Rowdy actually does own Yellow.

Everything I know is lie!
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 23:27:12 »

If I'm not mistaken, Oobly is working with SP to amend those terms precisely because it offers no recognition/assignment of ownership of original design work. It is his feeling that no serious designer would agree to those terms and conditions, and if he is right and he is successful in his efforts, you will see changes in the not too distant future.

Good thing we aren't serious designers ;)

I kid, I kid!  Though really, I think people get lost on the fact that, in terms of legalities, keycap sets are closer to the fashion industry where just about no protection exists, than to fine art.  And, yes, I recall Oobly posting that information.  It's why I still have the question. 

Though this divide between groups makes me all the more want to start up on an earlier discussion I had with you and Oobly regarding basic popular sets that can be put up on PMK and live there in perpetuity.  That and an orange set of some kind (orange caps, white legends for the alphas).  An orange set is needed as I keep seeing orange as the legend (yeah yeah, 7-bit's Round something or another had them years ago.  I know :(  ).

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 00:22:52 »
Who wants pulse? I don't give a **** about the set myself but if people want it I'll run it.

dead serious
I love Elzy

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 00:24:23 »
Who wants pulse? I don't give a **** about the set myself but if people want it I'll run it.

dead serious

If you really are being dead serious, consider me in for R2.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 00:26:31 »
1 person is enough interest for me. I'll begin working on it while I'm at work Keepo
I love Elzy

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 00:37:54 »
1 person is enough interest for me. I'll begin working on it while I'm at work Keepo

thank based sifo
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 00:40:45 »

dead serious

Savage!

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 00:48:39 »

I'm in.  Can you create a flatline novelty and call it flatline?  That would be hilarious.  Here's the marketing line on it.  Flatline: It's What Happens When You Have No Pulse.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 01:07:01 »

dead serious

I'd be in

but only if you had an option for keys with the pulse log, rotated 90 deg so it looks like an "s" for Sifo

Side note: your pulse icon looks like a QRS trace, did you ask for permission to use that? I doubt it, because no one ones the concept.
Such icon is a letter "M" meant to represent my nickname on this forum even though it resembles a QRS trace. It looks vibrant and full of energy, like myself, so I decided to name the set "PuLSE".

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 04:37:23 »
Well this was a interesting read, looks like mito contradicts himself a lot in regards to having made the icons and having rights to use them, personally I think this is all a bit silly and you (mito) should be happy people want to reproduce your set rather than being salty as you are about it, just means you made something people want so let them have it.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline fatb0y

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 04:50:14 »
Technically, color schemes can be trademarked or at least extended IP protection. However, its just incredibly difficult to get done.

Citigroup actually has a trademark for the blue gradient that they use.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 07:25:41 »
Well this was a interesting read, looks like mito contradicts himself a lot in regards to having made the icons and having rights to use them, personally I think this is all a bit silly and you (mito) should be happy people want to reproduce your set rather than being salty as you are about it, just means you made something people want so let them have it.

I'm figuring something out about Pulse since the community likes the set so much. After leaving the discussion yesterday and going to bed, I made some reflections about this entire situation. This is nothing but my genuine opinion about this big discussion and naturally not everyone will agree.

We have to face the reality, the truth and the bigger picture. The community grew much more than we could predict, there are new people coming in everyday. And even though I have a very rigid philosophy about materialism I can't force my own philosophy down people's throats. What philosophy do I have? Well I'm a very minimalist person, I only have one board, a set of PBT blanks and a pair of artisans that arrived in the mail yesterday. I love to visually appreciate things (I have a huge album with pictures of all of you guys' caps and boards) but I don't feel the need of possession in the slightest. I know how to appreciate without the need of possession.

With the huge income of new members, naturally many different philosophies will show up and another thing to be taken into consideration is that we can clearly see that the consensus is that one should not dictate what's available or not for people to buy. This may lead you to think that the premise of PuLSE having a single run was about exclusivity, and in retrospect we all know that I had this idea for a while. But the community grew and then it developed into keeping the creativity ball rolling offering new flavors, for the incoming different tastes. Perhaps due to the set's popularity, my decision of a single run is clearly falling apart.

Like you said, I made (with the help of many other members and Signsture Plastics) a very successful keyset that people love. It's colorway is original? Visually and generally speaking I don't think so, since cyan and black is everywhere. But I was the pioneer on applying such colors on SA, because I thought that combining a futuristic color scheme with a retro/vintage profile would be a good idea. Bear in mind that the only SA sets that existed by the time all featured a classic/straight look, like Penumbra and 7bits'. None of the currently existing SA sets were aggressive/swaggy/goofy like Pulse. This is not a backhanded insult like many elders like to say (if you read this Mr. Lake, Nubb and Co. I have the utmost respect for Penumbra and 7bits' as they are true legends in this community). Some people don't like Pulse, me included, but the vast majority of people love it and they want it.

Hell, what am I trying to do? Do I have strength to fight against the whole community and what they demand? Clearly not. I ain't no Signature Plastics, I ain't GMK and I am no JTK. I do not own the machines and I do not have the knowledge about how to manually bake a keyset. I do not own the machines and techniques to produce things, therefore I can't control it.

But I have a good idea and people like it, they would be happy if I developed it even further.

And at the end of the day people just want to have nice things.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:07:06 »
I'm figuring something out about Pulse since the community likes the set so much.

[...]

Perhaps due to the set's popularity, my decision of a single run is clearly falling apart.

Like you said, I made (with the help of many other members and Signsture Plastics) a very successful keyset that people love. [...] But I was the pioneer on applying such colors on SA, because I thought that combining a futuristic color scheme with a retro/vintage profile would be a good idea. Bear in mind that the only SA sets that existed by the time all featured a classic/straight look, like Penumbra and 7bits'. None of the currently existing SA sets were aggressive/swaggy/goofy like Pulse. This is not a backhanded insult like many elders like to say (if you read this Mr. Lake, Nubb and Co. I have the utmost respect for Penumbra and 7bits' as they are true legends in this community). Some people don't like Pulse, me included, but the vast majority of people love it and they want it.

But I have a good idea and people like it, they would be happy if I developed it even further.

And at the end of the day people just want to have nice things.

I'm seeing a whole lot of ego stroking and not much actual discussion here.

Some people don't like Pulse, me included

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:14:53 »

Maybe that's why he only did one release?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:21:09 »

He's 'working with them' ? You mean he's emailing them like some lunatic trying to convince them of some ill conceived idea, and they have yet to get back to him?

Also, this thread is the gift that just keeps giving
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:26:49 by baldgye »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:30:50 »
I wish to resolve this issue. I shall buy the rights to Pulse.

Starting offer - $10 donated straight to an Asylum of your choice  ;D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:31:49 »

That's quite common…Kafka destroyed many of his works and stated several times that he disliked his writing.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:33:42 »

That's quite common…Kafka destroyed many of his works and stated several times that he disliked his writing.

Oh yeah, the statement taken out of context is completely fine.  :thumb:

It's the context here that makes this ridiculous.  :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:37:34 »
I wish to resolve this issue. I shall buy the rights to Pulse.

Starting offer - $10 donated straight to an Asylum of your choice  ;D

Autism!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:39:18 »

I'm seeing a whole lot of ego stroking and not much actual discussion here.

Because you see only what you want too see. I don't personally like the keyset for many reasons, despite of what you think and I won't waste my time explaining to you why.

Ego? I made a goddamn keyset, what's the big ****ing deal about it? I assembled colorful pieces of plastic together with a logo made by Nico and icons made by myself. What a great genius I am right?

I hope the French government buy a Pulse set and hang it on Louvre since I'm indeed a genius, a godlike creator of masterpieces. I'm coming to the conclusion that I deserve a spotlight in this community and perhaps even a moderation spot, since I'm such a great individual, an uttermost gifted and godlike visionary. Just imagine what Leonardo DaVinci, Picasso and even Abraham Lincoln would think if they ever had the chance to witness the greatness of the set? Too bad they are gone, because the Pulse keyset could have been the reason to a completely different and much better human society. If our ancestors had the chance to witness such a great set they could perhaps have invented the wheel on a much more functional shape. Even the flame of a fire would be cyan and black instead of the original color, if the electrons had the chance to spin around a Pulse set when the universe was created. Too bad it wasn't the case.

Give me a break dude. Go read what I said instead of what you think I said and give me a break.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 08:40:22 »
Technically, color schemes can be trademarked or at least extended IP protection. However, its just incredibly difficult to get done.

Citigroup actually has a trademark for the blue gradient that they use.

But doesn't this also qualify as a logo for icon?