Author Topic: [IC] Infinitum - GB Starting 5/16  (Read 70641 times)

Offline dom

• XOXO
Re: [IC] Infinitum - GB Info Announced!
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 11:56:28 »
"Muted Blue" looks gorgeous.
Regarding the price, you running the GB, you set the prices (respect).

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 13:50:42 »
"Muted Blue" looks gorgeous.
Regarding the price, you running the GB, you set the prices (respect).
Thanks for the support! Yeah, the price is mostly due to the weight material, and that isn’t something I was really willing to change as that was one of my original goals for this board

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 21:42:33 »
Mature, confidence-inspiring behavior from a boy asking for over 600 of your hard-earned dollars for a non-generic, inspirational TKL design that redefines the pricepoint. 10/10 not a shameless cashgrab

/s

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 21:54:05 »

:-X

I have no idea about tariffs but I don't see why they would lie to us, this hobby is about superfluous excess. We just buy stuff we like there is no need to justify any price. If its too much then we just don't buy it.  :thumb:

To make money of course. You think vendors are your friends? It's a simple transaction. Esp for all the new upcoming vendors trying to charge $$$ for nothing. Take a look at GB prices from a few years ago. Even with inflation it wouldn't cost as much today as some of the highest charging vendors. By all means spend $$$$ on keyboards. Just don't pretend like it's a great deal or that you're not being ripped off.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I don't doubt people are trying to make money but it's the same for every luxury good, it's worth whatever the market is willing to pay. Clearly people are willing to pay which is why the prices are where they are. I guess we just wait and see.

I will admit it does feel somewhat high compared to other TKL on the market but it is placed as a luxury item and priced accordingly it seems.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2020, 22:01:29 by CrazyAssMonkey »

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 22:37:50 »
So, no proof. Got it.

LOL. Wait. You said you trust him? Meaning you can't confirm the tariff actually exists or confirmed on your own at all?

Wow. Huge red flags. From that comment it sounds like you're not actually the one doing the factory order. Man. I feel a bit sorry then. Guess if you haven't actually confirmed tariffs on your own than there's no reason for me to say anything. Good luck with the GB!

I can confirm the 25% is real. I got hit with it for Rukia round 1. It dropped as I was trying to deliver, so I had to pull out of pocket for customs to release the boards. Sucky timing.

I received notification via text from DHL Express that my package was locked up in customs until I pay the 25% import/duty tax.
Not really sure what kind of proof anyone can give without doxing, but here is my confirmation that I paid it, with stuff redacted:
240924-0

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 22:44:03 »
So, no proof. Got it.

LOL. Wait. You said you trust him? Meaning you can't confirm the tariff actually exists or confirmed on your own at all?

Wow. Huge red flags. From that comment it sounds like you're not actually the one doing the factory order. Man. I feel a bit sorry then. Guess if you haven't actually confirmed tariffs on your own than there's no reason for me to say anything. Good luck with the GB!

I can confirm the 25% is real. I got hit with it for Rukia round 1. It dropped as I was trying to deliver, so I had to pull out of pocket for customs to release the boards. Sucky timing.

I received notification via text from DHL Express that my package was locked up in customs until I pay the 25% import/duty tax.
Not really sure what kind of proof anyone can give without doxing, but here is my confirmation that I paid it, with stuff redacted:
(Attachment Link)

Oh wow that sucks 25% is such a massive tax.

The Rukia is nice sadly I heard of it after making an Alice out of acrylic.  :(

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 22:45:50 »
So, no proof. Got it.

(Attachment Link)

Where are you located?

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 23:46:14 »
Where are you located?

California

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 23:59:00 »
Wow!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 00:16:54 »
@Aevyn

For what it's worth, I think the confusion lies in that there are multiple 25% tariffs that Trump levied against China.

There is a 25% steel tariff which I believe only applies to raw materials.

There is also a separate 25% tariff that applies to various finished goods based on their HTSUS subheading. You can find a list here:

https://www.ecomcrew.com/trumps-china-tariffs/

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 01:36:32 »
If you don't want to undervalue your items, which you shouldn't, tell your manufacturer to ship the items in containers with real values less than the $800 de minimis daily threshold.
The horrible thing about that--with a GB your size--is that could mean TWENTY or more packages--spread out over TWENTY days.
You could have them classify the items under a HS code that isn't on one of the lists, but if customs checks and deems that it was mislabeled, you could be hit with a fine.

DHL Express is aware of all of these rules, btw, so involving them with the specifics of your shipments is also a good idea. If you want to deal with just one delivery after clearing customs, let them know. They'll send the separate packages to a sorting facility before delivering all at once.
You don't have to do anything ambiguous to get around the tariffs. You just have to use the system that's been put in place and understand its limits.

Or you could take the risk. These are the kinds of things where transparency helps and hurts.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 01:42:24 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 01:46:41 »
...Also doesn't look like Jaxx charged more and I don't believe Pwner did either so why this one then?

I didn't charge more for my second round because I knew I would be dealing with a lot more volume than the first round. Also, people don't like to spend above a certain amount on "plastic"....
If that tariff was in place before I ran my first GB, I knew about it, and I didn't want to charge more than the $400 ceiling I had in mind...well, I wouldn't have run the GB at all.
The only way to cover for it would have been to charge a lot more, or sell a larger volume. The latter is really not a good idea for a first-time GB runner.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:18:09 »
I like the design, I think it has merit and deserves to be run. In the context of the hobby as a whole and the aftermarket, the price is within the range of 'fair' and one that I would consider buying based on its features.
My only concern would be the difficulties you may face when being the vendor as a first-time GB runner. I realise the hour is late, but if possible it would minimise the risks involved for you, to run the buy through an established vendor.
GLWB
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 03:19:57 by Lil »

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 08:37:57 »
I just realized I didn't post pictures of the PCB here, which may have caused some confusion. Here's a picture of the PCB!

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:08:44 »
I just realized I didn't post pictures of the PCB here, which may have caused some confusion. Here's a picture of the PCB!

Show Image

That's not even a working pcb...the components haven't even been soldered on.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:10:31 »

Show Image

*Sigh*

Here's a picture of the soldered PCB.

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:37:48 »
How come this guy is so mad, in the exact same sense, why did he buy a ~$500 phone when the parts are only ~$200 for the manu? Its almost like a package of raw materials finished to some level has a intrinsic value to it.

Why would you even get onto the computer to write like 5+ replies when you could just buy a different board.
The fact you are so vested in replying here it means you like it, meaning Eniigma did a good job designing. Which adds to its cost.

Good one buddy.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:38:56 »
@Aevyn

For what it's worth, I think the confusion lies in that there are multiple 25% tariffs that Trump levied against China.

There is also a separate 25% tariff that applies to various finished goods based on their HTSUS subheading. You can find a list here:

Thanks for an actual response. I appreciate it. I did take a look at the STR reports and I didn't see anything that would make me assume keyboards would be affected. However, jaxx did post some actual proof so I'll concede the tariff portion.

Few things I don't believe:

1. There's a working pcb (guess this doesn't matter as the 87a will work. Hopefully)
2. Proto costing $600 lulz. Even the most expensive manus don't charge this much for a basic one off with a ss mirror polished weight.
3. That 25% tariffs would raise the sale price that high. Big difference between 25% tariff on declared value versus sold price. Also doesn't look like Jaxx charged more and I don't believe Pwner did either so why this one then?

You look at all of the 10,000+ categories and determined keyboards were not affected?

Real talk: Why are you even posting on this  thread? Are you just looking for a fight? i don't get it.

It doesn't take a genius to CTRL+F for stainless steel. There aren't even that many entries for SS.

This might be a very excessive hobby, but I still believe the people who buy boards should be aware of what's going on instead of being lied to. It's easy to say the price is there to make money instead of all this BS about tariffs (or lying about the proto price). Although if he did end up paying $600 for the proto, then I can't say much if he's being taken advantage of.

Real talk: If you all want to pay $635 for a $300 board, then be my guest. This thread has definitely taught me that y'all are more than willing to pay $$$ for basic stuff. I'll be sure to make my first $250 board at like $600.  :)

Man seriously stop, it is becoming excessive.

You saw evidence that there is some form of tariff so your main issue was solved. I deduce that you are not looking to purchase this board so why keep it going? People are willing to pay if they like it, just like an our phones. How much profit do you think they make per phone? We buy them because we like them.

Bro actually this is just like watches, think of it like a Rolex or something similar and then there is no issue.

You don't have to be everyone's hero. No need for Robin Hood, people can make their decisions. if they want the board they'll buy it.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:40:57 by CrazyAssMonkey »

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:56:51 »
If you all want to pay $635 for a $300 board, then be my guest.

I think you are unfair with your thoughts here.

Every GB runner sacrifices their time (and money to be precise) to make the design and deal with multiple constraints (protos, suppliers, materials, requests, marketing, taxes, vendors etc.), so spending a tremendous amount of time and taking the risk on their shoulders.
Please try to do any project yourself and then you will understand that people who made money out of GB's, actually deserve it.

The price itself is a very subjective thing, so by complaining about the price in that way, you disrespecting the GB runner, nothing else.
If you don't want to pay $650 for a board that's cool, you move on, someone else makes the purchase and both sides will be happy.

Show more empathy, please.
And stay safe ;)

PEACE!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:41:18 »
Cleaned up the thread substantially.  If you want to talk about general pricing of boards or tariffs, do it in another thread.  If this board doesn't interest you, say your piece and move on.  There's absolutely no reason to flood a thread with posts on why this IC doesn't appeal to you.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:43:23 »
Cleaned up the thread substantially.  If you want to talk about general pricing of boards or tariffs, do it in another thread.  If this board doesn't interest you, say your piece and move on.  There's absolutely no reason to flood a thread with posts on why this IC doesn't appeal to you.
Thank you and good riddance

If anyone else had any questions regarding the board but were scared off earlier, now’s the time to ask!

Offline dnmtbr

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:47:51 »
Sadly, I have to agree.  OP has no track record to justify gambling with that kind of money.

Offline apexshikari

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:51:27 »
Lovely board. The pilcrow is especially a nice touch. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:53:34 »
Lovely board. The pilcrow is especially a nice touch. 

Yesss! Finally someone who knows what the symbol is!

Offline TankaGTE

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:59:45 »
Cheers! And thank you!

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:29:14 »
Sadly, I have to agree.  OP has no track record to justify gambling with that kind of money.

His track record is failed GBs and ignoring criticism.

Offline Full

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:19:03 »
Whew.. what is up with all the new accounts and trying to crash and burn this IC?..

Love the design Eniigma, wish you the best of luck in the upcomming GB!  :thumb:
Hi!

Offline ProlificPanda

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:24:34 »
@Aevyn

Thanks for an actual response. I appreciate it. I did take a look at the STR reports and I didn't see anything that would make me assume keyboards would be affected. However, jaxx did post some actual proof so I'll concede the tariff portion.

1. There's a working pcb (guess this doesn't matter as the 87a will work. Hopefully)
2. Proto costing $600 lulz. Even the most expensive manus don't charge this much for a basic one off with a ss mirror polished weight.
3. That 25% tariffs would raise the sale price that high. Big difference between 25% tariff on declared value versus sold price. Also doesn't look like Jaxx charged more and I don't believe Pwner did either so why this one then?

I have multiple quotes from various manufacturers for a "basic one off with a ss mirror polished weight" that are in fact in the $600 - $700 range if you'd like to see...As a matter of fact, some of the "expensive manus" quotes were over $1000.

I'm curious, have you ever had a design quoted on your own or are you just making a bunch of assumptions? It's not as cheap as you seem to think to have a quantity of 1 of something manufactured.

Offline badboy731

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:26:01 »

It seems you are not interested in the board so why are you still making these comments? what are you trying to achieve?
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:26:12 »
@Aevyn

I have multiple quotes from various manufacturers for a "basic one off with a ss mirror polished weight" that are in fact in the $600 - $700 range if you'd like to see...As a matter of fact, some of the "expensive manus" quotes were over $1000.

I'm curious, have you ever had a design quoted on your own or are you just making a bunch of assumptions? It's not as cheap as you seem to think to have a quantity of 1 of something manufactured.
He's been muted, so he unfortunately won't be able to answer your question. But for anyone else curious, his numbers were pulled out of thin air

Offline Full

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:27:37 »

It seems you are not interested in the board so why are you still making these comments? what are you trying to achieve?

He is full of Acrimony.
Hi!

Offline ProlificPanda

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 17:56:07 »
He's been muted, so he unfortunately won't be able to answer your question. But for anyone else curious, his numbers were pulled out of thin air

Darn, I was hoping he could tell me where I can get some protos made for the prices he is quoting.  :(

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 19:35:26 »
Looking forward to this  :thumb:
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Mr.Nonchalant

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 21:30:27 »
This will set a dangerous precedent for this community...

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 22:08:44 »

Not you too man  :(

Offline Mr.Nonchalant

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 22:51:26 »

I am not going to bash the board or anything along those lines, but situations like this are worrisome and can come with unforeseen legal consequences if everything is not done legitimately. I just want to see more proof of Eniigma's ability to work with a vendor before I hand money directly to him. A sole GB runner never bodes well. Along with the pricing drama and previous execution of other concepts, I don't have high hopes for this. Feel free to prove me wrong, that is honestly what I want, but I do not want to see this board become the defacto standard for anyone joining the community and pitching their design. If a mod removes this, so be it, I just think this is dangerous. I can make a long list of previous examples of a situation like this if need be.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 23:14:49 »

I am not going to bash the board or anything along those lines, but situations like this are worrisome and can come with unforeseen legal consequences if everything is not done legitimately. I just want to see more proof of Eniigma's ability to work with a vendor before I hand money directly to him. A sole GB runner never bodes well. Along with the pricing drama and previous execution of other concepts, I don't have high hopes for this. Feel free to prove me wrong, that is honestly what I want, but I do not want to see this board become the defacto standard for anyone joining the community and pitching their design. If a mod removes this, so be it, I just think this is dangerous. I can make a long list of previous examples of a situation like this if need be.

Wonderfully put. I do love this board but I do feel a bit sketch giving it to a single person running who doesn't have a history of previous GBs succeeding. I don't mean to **** on the runner at all but I do agree that this conversation is necessary.

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 00:17:38 »

Show Image

*Sigh*

Show Image

I think you should upgrade the pcb a few more things, currently there is no debug debug isp (isp programmer), no antistatic (esd protect) even no noise filter capacitor.
 if I were you I would use atmega32a to reduce the cost of making pcb

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 08:09:23 »

Wonderfully put. I do love this board but I do feel a bit sketch giving it to a single person running who doesn't have a history of previous GBs succeeding. I don't mean to **** on the runner at all but I do agree that this conversation is necessary.
I'm happy to address this, I agree, we should have this conversation. I've taken steps to make sure that this group buy is as safe as possible for anyone joining, I've gone through all the legalities of business formation, created a storefront (eniigmakeyboards.com), and formed contracts with all of my manufacturers.

Let me clarify something about my previous "failed" group buy, the POM Alice: I cancelled that because I wasn't happy with the quality of the prototype, and I realized that what I was selling wasn't up to par with what I consider my quality standard. Hence, I shelved it. Regardless of how much people continue to bring this up, I am still glad that I ended up cancelling that group buy because I'd rather be held accountable for a "failed" GB than for shipping subpar products to customers.

And of course, as I said before, everyone starts somewhere. That's how this group buy system and this entire community works. Hope that answers your questions  :thumb:

Show Image

*Sigh*

Show Image

I think you should upgrade the pcb a few more things, currently there is no debug debug isp (isp programmer), no antistatic (esd protect) even no noise filter capacitor.
 if I were you I would use atmega32a to reduce the cost of making pcb
Debug ISP is not needed as PCB can run bootloader, ESD protection is only on the USB lines, which is handled by the daughterboard, and decoupling capacitors are present on the board. We are going to be using the ATMEGA32u4 because it's better suited for a PCB of this kind. But thank you for all your suggestions! :D

Offline superuser41

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 08:58:29 »
Debug ISP is not needed as PCB can run bootloader, ESD protection is only on the USB lines, which is handled by the daughterboard, and decoupling capacitors are present on the board. We are going to be using the ATMEGA32u4 because it's better suited for a PCB of this kind. But thank you for all your suggestions! :D

Having an ISP header is still very useful for repairability. Thank you for not downgrading to 32a :D

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 09:43:24 »
[/quote]

Btw, this is quite a wonderful project!!! I know that creating a high quality product is not easy at all.
Good luck

Offline Mr.Nonchalant

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:04:05 »

I'm happy to address this, I agree, we should have this conversation. I've taken steps to make sure that this group buy is as safe as possible for anyone joining, I've gone through all the legalities of business formation, created a storefront (eniigmakeyboards.com), and formed contracts with all of my manufacturers.

Let me clarify something about my previous "failed" group buy, the POM Alice: I cancelled that because I wasn't happy with the quality of the prototype, and I realized that what I was selling wasn't up to par with what I consider my quality standard. Hence, I shelved it. Regardless of how much people continue to bring this up, I am still glad that I ended up cancelling that group buy because I'd rather be held accountable for a "failed" GB than for shipping subpar products to customers.

And of course, as I said before, everyone starts somewhere. That's how this group buy system and this entire community works. Hope that answers your questions  :thumb:

While those are great first steps, they are not my concern. Not to be rude, but it truly isn't that difficult to contact manufacturers and run a Shopify store. My concern lies with the financial backing and your prototype situation. Do you have enough money to bail out this GB if there are issues? Will your second prototype be delivered before the GB, since the first one had such major issues? Do you have any sort of insurance prepared for the kind of stock you are planning to sell? Are you personally prepared to package, quality check, sort, and ship up to 60 boards to unique addresses?

I really am hopeful that you can do this, but from everything I have heard and seen, you are making some leaps that I fear could cause issues for both you and this community.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:55:05 »

While those are great first steps, they are not my concern. Not to be rude, but it truly isn't that difficult to contact manufacturers and run a Shopify store. My concern lies with the financial backing and your prototype situation. Do you have enough money to bail out this GB if there are issues? Will your second prototype be delivered before the GB, since the first one had such major issues? Do you have any sort of insurance prepared for the kind of stock you are planning to sell? Are you personally prepared to package, quality check, sort, and ship up to 60 boards to unique addresses?

I really am hopeful that you can do this, but from everything I have heard and seen, you are making some leaps that I fear could cause issues for both you and this community.

I know it isn't difficult to run a shopify store and draft contracts, but your initial comment said that this would be "dangerous", hence I listed risk mitigation steps that would provide a greater sense of security for customers.

The questions you raise are valid, yet the answer is assumed for practically any GB runner. I'm not sure why you're asking me if I am prepared to package, QC and ship 60 boards; this is a 60 board group buy, and I wouldn't take on more than I can handle. I do indeed have a backup plan in case things go south. However, these answers are basically a given for any groupbuy, and is nothing unusual or something that would be dangerous or would cause issues.

Second prototype has already been delivered to me, I am just awaiting delivery of the polycarbonate plate which is currently en-route to me; the date was planned around that.

I appreciate your concerns, but there are plenty of new group buys with new runners, and I'm not sure why this one in particular makes you fear would cause issues for the community.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 18:25:31 »

So much concern trolling in this thread.

Buy it or don't buy it.

Stop pretending like you're trying to help anyone.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 18:50:42 »
Yo what's up with all these new accounts coming in here and talking all this smack.

Seriously guys if you know all about running a group buy show us. Don't come here and threadcrap.  :thumb:

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 19:00:07 »
convenient how the new jersey department of revenue and enterprise services doesn't have any business registered to you
I’m using a DBA so trolls hiding behind alts like yourself don’t doxx me. Seriously man, how many more alts are you gonna make to make your point?

Offline Pedersays

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 21:23:36 »
Will you be doing a typing test on it soon?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 21:41:48 »
At 635 for the base, could we perhaps get a typing test of the prototype to try and validate the price point?
I’ve attached the 2 typing tests that have been done so far. They are both recorded on an aluminum plate. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ea375a89c87d/Infinitum%20Creams%20sound%20test.mp3
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ea37576ac585/H1_sound_test.mp3
Will you be doing a typing test on it soon?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 12:58:08 »
Go check out Brandon Taylor's video on this board!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09Ro931uSA

On an aside, the final color chip and polycarbonate plate arrived to me today, and I will be uploading photos of those shortly. Stay tuned!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
Re: [IC] Infinitum - Review Video Posted!
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 13:17:13 »
Here are all the photos of the new color samples! All pictures taken by an iPhone 11 Pro, unedited (last time I edited photos, it didn't work out too great). I will indicate the accuracy of each photo.
--

This is a photo of the color chip under harsh lighting from one side, it appears a little less saturated in real life.

This is a photo of the new top piece prototype under harsh lighting.

Another photo of the top piece. This image is pretty accurate.

This is a side-by-side comparison of the old bottom piece (left) and the new top piece (right). The image has harsh lighting coming from one side.

This is a comparision of the final color chip to the old colored bottom piece. It looks slightly oversaturated here.

Image of the sandblasted polycarbonate plate. It is pretty hard to photograph, especially on a white background, but the feel and finishing is solid  :thumb:

https://i.imgur.com/MX8A6aX.jpg
An image of the MCU section of the ek87 PCB. The color is slightly more teal in real life.

This is a comparison of the case blue to the PCB blue. The color chip looks dead accurate here, while the PCB is slightly too saturated.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2020, 13:20:35 by eniigma »