Author Topic: click clack sale discussion [closed]  (Read 52082 times)

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
Re: clack sale today
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:17:01 »
Basically you have to hit 'send' within 1 second to have a chance. Better luck be quicker next time  :(
Keyboardless

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:18:10 »
I got all three, just paid for them!

Offline fruktstund

• !
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:23:39 »
Finally got the mail saying what I got! I also got A and B, so I'm a bit sad I missed the buckling spring one, which was the one I wanted the most as I got my first Model M (SSK) the day before yesterday. Will be sure to abuse the MX and Topre ones more to compensate for that.

snoopy, yeah, they must've been really limited edition. I waited one second before sending my email, because I thought that if I sent it exactly when the clock turned 3PM it could've arrived a second too early or something. :D

So congrats to all who got C (and/or the other two)!

Actually, CC, if you're reading this thread: I'd like numbers! How many were produced, how fast each kind sold out, et cetera. Guess you're a bit too busy for that at the moment though. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:26:45 by fruktstund »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:51:20 »
Congratulations!

I think it's really bad that people are already trying to flip the CC's that they won with really lame stories! They haven't even received them yet!

If you didn't want it don't go in for it.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:57:22 »
And what if I do want it but am willing to let other people have fun with them, too?

Maybe I also wanted to get another CC key instead (which seems to be a secondary use for them) and thought this was a more fiscally sound way of doing that?  Or should I just pay $200 - $500 for what I want and ignore when people ***** that they're getting sold for 10-20x initial payment?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:58:18 »
Congratulations!

I think it's really bad that people are already trying to flip the CC's that they won with really lame stories! They haven't even received them yet!

It's always going to be the way, not much you can do about it... I have the same problem with Rare-ass Metal Gear Solid stuff :(

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 16:59:33 »
Congratulations!

It's always going to be the way, not much you can do about it... I have the same problem with Rare-ass Metal Gear Solid stuff :(

Ha what kinda stuff?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:04:31 »
Congratulations!

Ha what kinda stuff?

Well most of the collectors stuff they sell, they sell through a Japan ONLY store (Konami Style .jp) so alot of jap's buy things from there for pretty cheap, tripple the price and sell it on to us western ****s...

And the next big collectors edition box you can ONLY get via lottery prize draw from this store.. and then you have to still pay £250 for it... so god knows how much that will end up being when a non jap can buy one

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:05:14 »
Wow!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:06:52 »
Wow!

The two things I want the most atm are the MGS2 White and Black sorts, which only ever come up for sale a few times a year, but go individually for over £500... which is kinda alot for a soundtrack and game thats in Japanese lol... if it wasn't for MGS, I'd have alot more keyboards :P

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:08:46 »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #262 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:11:16 »
no
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:12:45 »
I'm not sure what just happened...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:16:59 »
I'm not sure what just happened...

It's what I think about when I see the word alot.  It's not aimed at you.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:20:03 »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #266 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 17:40:39 »
maybe it's good that I didn't get C.... now I don't have to search for a nice SSK to put it on... :D

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 18:56:06 »
Why?
It is easier to determine the value of something if you know how many exist for starters. Another good reason would be for people to say maybe, "Well only 10 were for sale my chances were pretty slim" and not get too upset. Or maybe they might be able to say, "holy crap 80 CCs sold out in one second? That is amazing."

Then again buying CCs is like buying Giclées. It isn't the original art just a copy of it. It just so happens that since it is a relatively easy item to create from a mold, several different colors can be produced. I think it would be pretty cool if original carvings of clacks were sold for hundreds or thousands of dollars (micro art) after the molds were made, and then the "Giclée" versions could be mass produced and sold relatively cheap so that everyone can have one. This is how real art works. This also would lead to new originals being created all the time. No one buys a poster of the Mona Lisa for $15 and then immediately resells it for $100 when it comes in the mail. The original CC Skull was art, every copy afterwards is just...a copy. I could be wrong maybe every single key is hand carved and art, but I don't have enough for a comparison.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
clack sale today
« Reply #268 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 19:36:29 »
thanks for the art lesson

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #269 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 19:48:16 »
Y'know what'd be really cool is if CC offered Model M caps and then just MX, Topre, and ALPS inserts like Dan's Salute Model M CC.

^Also, nice signature! I laughed when I figured it out.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 September 2012, 19:59:18 by SmallFry »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 20:34:02 »
The BMX keycaps have a pretty high profile more suited for BS.  It's pretty nice on MX, but sticks out pretty high similar to K-series QWERKeys keycaps =)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #271 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 20:58:03 »
Then CC would just have to make the stem lower in the MX section. New mold, can't imagine it would be that hard.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 21:01:10 »
The keycap itself is much taller.  Imagine putting a BS keycap on a Cherry MX keyboard, it's very tall

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 21:10:15 »
Couldn't you shrink the stem though? I'm not sure and too lazy to grab my M and Leo to swap a cap quickly.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 00:40:33 »
Wow I didn't know this thread existed in the off topic section. I just read through it, and it's rather sad how people get their panties up in a bunch about this. I was super busy on Friday, but still made time to camp out for 3 hours before the sale, sent my email at 3:00:01 pm PST and did not get one. I'm not mad or sad, not even one bit. People gotta realize that tons of people want one really bad, and obviously not everyone will get one. Life goes on, and if you're upset about his, that's your loss. Just try again next time, no big deal. Not everyone wins the lottery, otherwise it wouldn't be a lottery.

Btw, I sent my order in a second after the countdown, but how do I find out what time CC actually received the email? When I view source, I can only see what time I sent it, not what time it was received. I sent mine from MSN email. I guess next time I'll try hotmail.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: clack sale today
« Reply #275 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 02:22:37 »
Why?
It is easier to determine the value of something if you know how many exist for starters. Another good reason would be for people to say maybe, "Well only 10 were for sale my chances were pretty slim" and not get too upset. Or maybe they might be able to say, "holy crap 80 CCs sold out in one second? That is amazing."

Then again buying CCs is like buying Giclées. It isn't the original art just a copy of it. It just so happens that since it is a relatively easy item to create from a mold, several different colors can be produced. I think it would be pretty cool if original carvings of clacks were sold for hundreds or thousands of dollars (micro art) after the molds were made, and then the "Giclée" versions could be mass produced and sold relatively cheap so that everyone can have one. This is how real art works. This also would lead to new originals being created all the time. No one buys a poster of the Mona Lisa for $15 and then immediately resells it for $100 when it comes in the mail. The original CC Skull was art, every copy afterwards is just...a copy. I could be wrong maybe every single key is hand carved and art, but I don't have enough for a comparison.

If everyone could buy one do you really think many people would? It would ruin the fun, the mystery and the chase.

I like not knowing how many of each skull are out there, they are all little cubes of art and should be treated as such.

Everyone can buy one if they want to but you have to spend the money just like every other rare or highly regarded item.

Offline nntnam

« Reply #276 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 03:33:33 »
We would never know how many each color was made. That's the funniest part of the CC market. You can look at the market price of each color to guess the rarity of it. I guess the good place to look at is the CC auction.
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #277 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 05:43:28 »
The truth is CC only made one of each cap just to mess with everyone and is sustaining his love in a disappointment powered emotion cryogenic chamber in his lab. The machine is directly linked to GH servers and must feed on your sadness to keep his love alive long enough for him to build her a life suite made of discarded keycaps. After which they will roam the planet with their robotic dogs Knick and Knack to search for a cure.

Offline osxoep

« Reply #278 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 08:55:55 »
It turns out my email arrived after 3pm :D

But now I feel like an ******* for being the new guy who gets one when older people didn't :(
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 08:58:11 »

But now I feel like an ******* for being the new guy who gets one when older people didn't :(

Don't! Enjoy the caps! You probably won't be as lucky next time!

Oh and if you don't really want your Topre one, I am looking to buy :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 September 2012, 09:17:53 by longweight »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #280 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 09:32:45 »

It's all part of the sale.  Don't feel bad!

Offline epicsilas

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 23:17:30 »
Those BMX keys are incredibly nice looking. I'd love to get my hands on one.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 13:24:50 »
Just got a tracking number, so pictures should be coming from someone soon.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:26:44 »
^YOU!!  :mad:
Keyboardless

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 17:33:09 »
I was fortunate enough to get my order in and got my tracking number last night. I should be expecting it in 1 day but USPS does some weird things in the past. I remember my last CC order took 2-3 days to arrive, even tho we live in the same city  :)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 17:57:27 »
Y'know what'd be really cool is if CC offered Model M caps and then just MX, Topre, and ALPS inserts like Dan's Salute Model M CC.
Show Image
Show Image

^Also, nice signature! I laughed when I figured it out.

Whoa! I know he was looking for a salute and looks like he got a unique one. I love the idea of these interchangeable tops. Sad I missed Friday!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 13:05:02 »
anybody in US that already received the hack orange?

can't wait to see it...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 13:18:59 »
Mine should be in my hands tomorrow.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 13:23:10 »
Dang. Maybe mine can be in mine today? But I'm guessing not.

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 13:58:41 »
anybody in US that already received the hack orange?

can't wait to see it...
I think i'll receive mine today. USPS did the same thing and sent mine out to a city 10-15 mins away from me last night and did this the last sale. CC and I live in the same city.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 14:00:00 »
tennobanzai that's how usps works - not every post office is a sort facility and if you don't live in a city big enough for a sort facility, things get sent away first :(

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 16:18:41 »
tennobanzai that's how usps works - not every post office is a sort facility and if you don't live in a city big enough for a sort facility, things get sent away first :(
I never thought of it like that. That's probably the situation. I just checked my tracking and it's out for delivery!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 16:33:03 »
I'm sure it will be the ugliest keycap the world has ever seen.... and that opinion is in no way related to the fact that I didn't get one :p

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:29:52 »
Got mine! They look great. I think the orange will go nicely on a model m

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:30:22 »
Those look REALLY red
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:31:19 »
Got mine! They look great. I think the orange will go nicely on a model m

Show Image

either your color balance is horribly off, or 'hack orange' is another word for red ;)

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:32:26 »
Those look REALLY red
It's definitely orange. It's probably my phone + terrible lighting

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #297 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:33:17 »
Phone pics, got it ^___^

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:37:10 »
Here's a better one

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:38:01 »
Sexy ^___^