geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

ASCII shower

(1/1)

vils:
I found this:

--- Quote --- The Ascii Key Show'er (AKS) is a freeware program that MSC has created. While the program is running if you type any of the standard key combinations from your keyboard it will display both the ansi and ascii codes for that key. In the example shown here the letter "a" was pressed. You can also show the codes for SHIFTed and control key (CTRL) combinations. This program will NOT show you ALT key codes.
--- End quote ---

http://www.neophyre.com/msc/ascii3.html
Very helpful when getting accustomed to a KB designated for a different language than yours.
Something I miss in this program is the possibility to view the result for Alt, AltGr and Fn combinations.
Swedish has 29 letters in the alphabet wich messes up things quite a bit when using KBs with few keys such as the HHKB. I have a hard time finding speciality characters such as ' and ;.

Something that should be posted on the wiki is a ascii-chart.

vils:
The program worked like a charm, no problems with the AltGr characters.
I made a small pic for my bad memory's sake.

This is how a swedish layout HHKB would look like.
Now I have something to glance at when searching for those odd characters...
Can anyone explain why the "¤" is located so central in the layout? Is it so in all ISO KB's?

IBI:

--- Quote from: vils;94444 ---Can anyone explain why the "¤" is located so central in the layout? Is it so in all ISO KB's?
--- End quote ---

Nope, it's not on the UK keyboard at all.

chimera15:
Thanks,  I've actually been using sharpkeys to do this, to turn the blank key on siig minitouches into the mukan or henkan key on a Japanese board.  It's interesting it doesn't have alt keycodes either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version