Author Topic: Will this case/plate fit a Pok3r?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline lolkey

Will this case/plate fit a Pok3r?
« on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:47:45 »
I have a Pok3r RGB with MX Silent and was looking to grab a plate and case from Aliexpress. Was just wondering if this would be compatible. Thanks.
filco ninja mj2 tkl · mx brown · black case · blank black pbt
varmilo va87mr tkl · gateron red · black case · dye sub pbt ❤
vortex pok3r rgb · mx silent · white case · blank xda pbt

Offline zslane

Re: Will this case/plate fit a Pok3r?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 11:51:34 »
That case should fit the Pok3r, yes. Most aftermarket cases are designed to fit the Poker series of keyboards, and that one looks no different.

What do you need a plate for? The switches of the Pok3r are already mounted to a good plate.

Offline lolkey

Re: Will this case/plate fit a Pok3r?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 12:06:16 »
That case should fit the Pok3r, yes. Most aftermarket cases are designed to fit the Poker series of keyboards, and that one looks no different.

What do you need a plate for? The switches of the Pok3r are already mounted to a good plate.

Thanks. And I wanted the plate because I think a matte gold plate would look good with a white/sliver case. Also, I plan on replacing the cheap stabilizers in the Pok3r with some Gateron ones if I can find them, so I'd be soldering already.

The stabilizers are awful on the Pok3r, but then again, Pok3r cuts corners everywhere possible. I'd lube them, but I've lubed my Filco before and it's a pain in the ass to clean, as the lube collects all the dust.

The cherry clone stabilizers on my Varmilo are the best I've used. Zero rattle and I've never even lubed them. Not sure if Varmilo makes them, or if they are Gateron? They sound great, and I don't even notice them. They sound like any other key on the keyboard, which is what a stabilizer should be doing, in my opinion.
filco ninja mj2 tkl · mx brown · black case · blank black pbt
varmilo va87mr tkl · gateron red · black case · dye sub pbt ❤
vortex pok3r rgb · mx silent · white case · blank xda pbt