Author Topic: Terrific cheap rubber-dome keyboard out of the box.  (Read 2626 times)

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
Terrific cheap rubber-dome keyboard out of the box.
« on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 09:53:10 »
Today I discovered the Logitech K120: a seemingly worthless cheap rubberdome buttonplank. However that particular keyboard has super-low pressure actuation, I would say on the order of 40 grams (about the same or lower than a Cherry Red). I was able to type on it for a few hours, and though I would have preferred a split keyboard it really was a decent thing to type on. Something to consider next time you need to buy a cheap keyboard.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/6692

I'm pretty much posting this not only as a note to others but also myself, as I'm liable to forget the model number next time I need it!

Offline Gerk

Re: Terrific cheap rubber-dome keyboard out of the box.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 15:09:53 »
Why post this in the ergo keyboard forum?  Not very much ergo about it ...
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 15:12:28 »
That sounds like inconsistent QA, because I have used  quite a few of these recently in stores or at conferences, and all of them weren't any lighter than other rubber domes.

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 01:25:38 »
Why post this in the ergo keyboard forum?  Not very much ergo about it ...

I posted in Ergo because low-pressure keys is an ergonomic feature.

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 01:26:34 »
That sounds like inconsistent QA, because I have used  quite a few of these recently in stores or at conferences, and all of them weren't any lighter than other rubber domes.

Thanks, that is good to know. We also have a brand new K200 here, which is a very similar keyboard, but it is just as stiff as any other keyboard.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 01:28:08 »
we have some of these around work, they give out really fast, the keys fall off, they get really hard to press down on random keys.

Overall, I literally can not even begin to explain how much i hate these keyboards.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 07:02:42 »
Well, I guess the one that I happened upon was a fluke due to inconsistent manufacturing. Thanks for providing countering opinions before I get my hopes up about it!