Author Topic: [GB]MAXKEY SA-Miami Night (Finish)  (Read 84836 times)

Offline LDobler

Re: [GB]MAXKEY SA-Miami Night (Wait for Maxkey)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 11:16:29 »
If somebody wants to taker over my spot, I'd be down to let it go for what I paid.

I got all kits

Offline ryanvs

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 11:19:18 »
Hi,guys

I am sorry, I have to escape the mentality.
I made the wrong decision and chose the wrong way of transport. The contractor told me that a week can go to Taiwan, but it has been three weeks and I have not received it yet. This is my personal error, I apologize to everyone. Now sure that it is Friday morning I will receive, I will seize the time to pack and send out.

TeHao

Thanks for the update. I'd rather have the set a little late and make sure it's all there than get it early and be missing stuff though, so take your time.

He should hire help to get these out ASAP, since it sounds like he chose the cheapest shipping method to save a few bucks at the cost of weeks of our time.

Offline Wolf123rt

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 17:43:01 »
Damn, I missed the group buy is there somewhere else I can buy this?
It's on TaoBao, you can get it faster and cheaper than us there.  :(
I don't think it is in stock, there is no option for miami nights

Offline LVNDSCAPE

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 04:27:15 »
Anyone received a tracking number yet ?

Offline keebdeeb

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:27:57 »
Please tell me it has been shipped... It's September and we haven't received anything yet? This is insane

Offline numberfive

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:51:40 »
Please tell me it has been shipped... It's September and we haven't received anything yet? This is insane
TeHao wrote that he expected the sets to arrive this morning, so give a few days to pack/ship/notify, and then 1-2 weeks for the shipment to arrive.

On a side note, I envy your life if you think this is insanity. :)

Offline Woovie

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 13:39:08 »
TeHao wrote that he expected the sets to arrive this morning, so give a few days to pack/ship/notify, and then 1-2 weeks for the shipment to arrive.

On a side note, I envy your life if you think this is insanity. :)

Yeah seriously, I got Nantucket SA and 1965 SA. This wait is nothing  :))

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 09:09:33 »
lol so many new people on here complaining about a week delay. Hope you don't ever join any other group buys ever!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline ryanvs

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 11:57:29 »
Great attitude.

A week or two delay on a year timeline is nothing to complain about, but TeHao promised a very short timeline, so the two week delay is 30% of the entire worst case timeline. He also admitted that the delay was due to an avoidable error on his part, and he's been barely communicative.

I guarantee you there'd be a LOT less salt if the dude would just update us more frequently. It's ok to miss deadlines, but when you set a super short timeline, some of us will buy in solely for that reason. Also a bunch of people have already gotten their sets sooner and cheaper from TaoBao, which adds an extra pinch of salt.

Don't sell us on quick turnarounds, take our ~$20k, and then go off the grid. It takes 10 seconds to post.

EDIT - He said he was "sure" he'd get it yesterday. No update.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 September 2017, 12:02:23 by ryanvs »

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 11:59:01 »
Great attitude.

A week or two delay on a year timeline is nothing to complain about, but TeHao promised a very short timeline, so the two week delay is 30% of the entire worst case timeline. He also admitted that the delay was due to an avoidable error on his part, and he's been barely communicative.

I guarantee you there'd be a LOT less salt if the dude would just update us more frequently. It's ok to miss deadlines, but when you set a super short timeline, some of us will buy in solely for that reason. Also a bunch of people have already gotten their sets sooner and cheaper from TaoBao, which adds an extra pinch of salt.

Don't sell us on quick turnarounds, take our ~$20k, and then go off the grid. It takes 10 seconds to post.
This 127%!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Crushader

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 23:48:05 »
Seriously... still zero update? Delay is one thing but being kept in the dark is another... I'd appreciate to have at least an update if they have been received or being packed...

Offline TeHao

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 08:37:00 »
Hi,guys

I have already received it last Friday. Weekend in stock and packaging. Start sending part today and i will send it as soon as possible. Sorry for a long time.

TeHao.

Offline sinescroller

Re: [GB]MAXKEY SA-Miami Night (Shipped)
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 09:53:47 »
Woo :D Excited to get this on a board ! Thanks for the update!

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 15:25:41 »
Any way to still get Miami Nights set?  :)

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:57:07 »
Choo choo!

Offline Zubame

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 22:52:50 »
Any way to still get Miami Nights set?  :)

It's available in Taobao with SA Miami: https://world.taobao.com/item/554721044786.htm

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 10:32:28 »
I was wondering if the shipped orders will have any tracking information?  :)

If there is tracking information, would it be possible to update the original google sheets for easy access?  ;D

Thanks!

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 16:31:32 »
It's available in Taobao with SA Miami: https://world.taobao.com/item/554721044786.htm
He is not shipping to Estonia unfortunately :(

Offline Zubame

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 18:28:51 »
He is not shipping to Estonia unfortunately :(

You can look for an agent to ship it to your country but you'll need to pay an agent fee and shipping fee.

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 15:49:15 »
I see the title of the topic has changed to shipped but I didn't receive any notification so far. Did anyone receive the tracking number?

Offline Crushader

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 16:15:06 »
I see the title of the topic has changed to shipped but I didn't receive any notification so far. Did anyone receive the tracking number?

Nada...

Offline rosmajoor

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 03:17:03 »
Would be nice if the Spreadsheet would state the status as shipped, when it's shipped. So we know who's package is shipped and can expect a tracking number/code.

Offline Crushader

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 03:28:59 »
I highly doubt any has been shipped yet... the lack of update is surreal...

Offline rideh

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 23:16:08 »
so at what point do we start contacting paypal.

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 23:37:55 »

I'm silently asking myself the exact same question every other day. Ever since I've transferred the money to TeHao and haven't heard back much, I constantly feel that it was a very bad idea not to look after who am I making business with. I continuously purchase and sell stuff online since 10+ years but I never felt so unsure about any deal than how I feel about this one. Keeping your buyers in the dark is definitely not the way to handle a group buy. I'm pretty sure I provide more feedback to my buyers even when selling something for as low as $10. I think, I'll give this deal few more days and then open a dispute.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 00:49:44 »

I'm silently asking myself the exact same question every other day. Ever since I've transferred the money to TeHao and haven't heard back much, I constantly feel that it was a very bad idea not to look after who am I making business with. I continuously purchase and sell stuff online since 10+ years but I never felt so unsure about any deal than how I feel about this one. Keeping your buyers in the dark is definitely not the way to handle a group buy. I'm pretty sure I provide more feedback to my buyers even when selling something for as low as $10. I think, I'll give this deal few more days and then open a dispute.

The only sense I can make of the available information from the 4th of September is that they were received on Friday 1st September. Then TeHao writes that they will be packed on the weekend, first weekend after the 4th of September being tomorrow 9th and 10th of September. So it would make sense to get an update over the weekend. But I'm feeling your pain, the lack of communication is creating a lot of confusion.

See below for original post

Hi,guys

I have already received it last Friday. Weekend in stock and packaging. Start sending part today and i will send it as soon as possible. Sorry for a long time.

TeHao.

« Last Edit: Fri, 08 September 2017, 01:03:34 by RealLaugh »

Offline Crushader

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 00:55:26 »
Like I mentioned earlier, the wait is fine as long as we are getting regular updates which we aren't... starting to regret joining this GB now.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 01:05:16 »
Like I mentioned earlier, the wait is fine as long as we are getting regular updates which we aren't... starting to regret joining this GB now.

Salt in the wound are all the people posting pics of sets that they got through another place  :-[

Offline Crushader

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 01:22:27 »

Salt in the wound are all the people posting pics of sets that they got through another place  :-[

I'd have gone and order directly from taobao if the listing there didnt mention mid september ship date... im stuck in the middle now, would be lucky if Tehao ships out this GB mid sep...

Offline rosmajoor

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 06:34:34 »
I would advice Tehao to react to this topic now, as there is no information at all.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:59:42 »
I have literally never been a part of a single group buy that hasn't been delayed at least 2-3 weeks- often more, I'd advise the newer folks to accept that as the norm before getting your pitchforks out. In terms of group buy communication, this one is hardly on the 'bad' end of the spectrum.

I'd be willing to bet he's started shipping and just hasn't provided tracking- that's pretty common.

Ultimately use this experience to better understand what "TaoBao" is and how to navigate it so you don't have to rely on other people in the future.

Offline ryanvs

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 12:50:40 »
I have literally never been a part of a single group buy that hasn't been delayed at least 2-3 weeks- often more, I'd advise the newer folks to accept that as the norm before getting your pitchforks out. In terms of group buy communication, this one is hardly on the 'bad' end of the spectrum.

I'd be willing to bet he's started shipping and just hasn't provided tracking- that's pretty common.

Ultimately use this experience to better understand what "TaoBao" is and how to navigate it so you don't have to rely on other people in the future.

Did you buy into this GB? I don't see your username in the document. If you didn't, read rule 2 again. I'll paraphrase for others who've been cluttering the thread: If you're not in the group buy, stay out of the group buy thread.

Either way, I kindly ask you to please stop cluttering the thread unless you have a question directly concerning this GB. If we want your advice, we'll ask for it.

The new user comments are unnecessary. You're no veteran yourself, and there are plenty of posts in your history asking for the same basic information we are -- tracking, updates, etc. and TeHao has the same on other sites. I don't believe anyone is upset about the delay, we're upset about the lack of updates. Condoning lazy/shady GB runner behavior is a detriment to community, and I don't know why you think it's your place to do so here of all places.

From what I can tell, this is TeHao's first GB. I hold unestablished GB runners to a higher standard since we're running on blind faith. It's far from my first GB, but I'm pretty sure it's the last time I join something run solely by him. I hope this is a learning experience for him.

TeHao, posting an update with photos of the packaging work you're doing would greatly help your reputation. Tracking would be even better.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 12:51:54 »
Calm down people...  :-[

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 13:55:28 »
I speak from lack of experience but this is my second gb outside of massdrop and both have had delays but the other had updates and reasoning. This isn't a lot of money to some but it's a ton to others and it's currently not adequately accounted for and no matter how many gbs you've been in, that shouldn't be OK to you.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 14:06:14 »
The way this community acts around group-buys makes me never want to run one. I'm currently waiting on 10-15 group buys, I'm almost positive every single one of them has missed their delivery dates. And every single one of them has gaps in communication because the people running them are humans and have lives.

There's seriously more important things to be worried about in life, we're not even remotely close to the PayPal dispute window (which is 6 months).

If you don't like it, then don't participate in group-buys, this is never going to change.

Offline izzi

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 15:48:08 »
What's the word on shipping them out? Please provide tracking number on shipment.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 15:55:08 »
This is why in the IT/CS industry we don't provide timelines, because they will 95% be missed. If it's that big of a deal to you, you shouldn't be participating in any situation that involves preordering. I have very rarely had GBs be on time. Hell, I had for the first time a group buy actually be early. There's some serious toxicity in this thread from a single person, but hey, there's a lot of us just waiting patiently like me. :thumb:

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 22:58:44 »

Did you buy into this GB? I don't see your username in the document. If you didn't, read rule 2 again. I'll paraphrase for others who've been cluttering the thread: If you're not in the group buy, stay out of the group buy thread.

Either way, I kindly ask you to please stop cluttering the thread unless you have a question directly concerning this GB. If we want your advice, we'll ask for it.

The new user comments are unnecessary. You're no veteran yourself, and there are plenty of posts in your history asking for the same basic information we are -- tracking, updates, etc. and TeHao has the same on other sites. I don't believe anyone is upset about the delay, we're upset about the lack of updates. Condoning lazy/shady GB runner behavior is a detriment to community, and I don't know why you think it's your place to do so here of all places.

From what I can tell, this is TeHao's first GB. I hold unestablished GB runners to a higher standard since we're running on blind faith. It's far from my first GB, but I'm pretty sure it's the last time I join something run solely by him. I hope this is a learning experience for him.

TeHao, posting an update with photos of the packaging work you're doing would greatly help your reputation. Tracking would be even better.

Yeah, I was in this group buy, but I bought it through TaoBao

I'm certainly flattered that you took my experienced information as invitation to dive deep into my post history.

All I can say little man is

I hope you get tracking information ASAP :)

Offline Miotch92

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:50:59 »
Kicking myself for not joining!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Want

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 11:17:01 »
Guys, we're a community - no need for this anger. I look forward to TeHao's update, and hope it will come soon, as I'm sure we all do. Toxic behaviour won't quicken delivery.

Offline MeowiWaui

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 00:42:06 »
Yeah people need to chill for real. GB take time. No need to try to take shots at people post history...

As a matter of fact almost everything we buy gets imported from overseas, soooo waiting months IMO is a norm at this point. I've had similar experiences on Massdrop and Reddit. I find it fun though. It's project building out a keyboard with keycaps... after 3 months it feels good to have all the components come together.

Also I'm just happy the regular Miami GB went through on top of this buy.

Offline Crushader

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 20:30:40 »
Yeah people need to chill for real. GB take time. No need to try to take shots at people post history...

As a matter of fact almost everything we buy gets imported from overseas, soooo waiting months IMO is a norm at this point. I've had similar experiences on Massdrop and Reddit. I find it fun though. It's project building out a keyboard with keycaps... after 3 months it feels good to have all the components come together.

The issue here isn't the wait, I am fine with it, be it a week or a month. But the main problem is the lack of update, no communications from TeHao. Even after all these comments, he still hasn't update us with anything for a week, how do you like that? Please stop telling people to calm down and be patience, not knowing whats happening and without update is annoying.

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 20:58:12 »

The issue here isn't the wait, I am fine with it, be it a week or a month. But the main problem is the lack of update, no communications from TeHao. Even after all these comments, he still hasn't update us with anything for a week, how do you like that? Please stop telling people to calm down and be patience, not knowing whats happening and without update is annoying.
I would assume if he can afford keyboards and computers he can afford a smart phone meaning he should have tapatalk and is getting notified of every comment and deliberately ignoring it. That's what kills me

Offline fingerPain

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:53:32 »
Patiently waiting. I haven't received any tracking info yet.

I will say, the lack of updates is discouraging, but it's nothing new. Even the car forums tend to have group buys go dark fairly often.
Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB | MX Speed
James Donkey 619 | Gateron Black
WASD V2 104 | MX Clear

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 11:03:47 »
Just an FYI, I got an email from UPS this morning with a tracking number. It's a package from china and estimated delivery is tomorrow! I'll let you guys know of any update once it arrives :)

Hopefully it's not a false alarm and everyone will receive it soon! Also, if anyone is wondering I'm in Toronto, ON, Canada.

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 16:26:20 »
Just an FYI, I got an email from UPS this morning with a tracking number. It's a package from china and estimated delivery is tomorrow! I'll let you guys know of any update once it arrives :)

Hopefully it's not a false alarm and everyone will receive it soon! Also, if anyone is wondering I'm in Toronto, ON, Canada.

Isn't Tehao from Taiwan?

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 16:44:38 »

Isn't Tehao from Taiwan?

Yep, according to TeHao's latest comments, the keycaps have been shipped to Taiwan and he shipped them forward from there. So unfortunately OkinaDaikon's promising news is probably unrelated.

Offline ryanvs

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 23:13:57 »
People calling others toxic and telling them to be patient with ghost GB runners is eerily reminiscent of the pages of a certain previous Miami Nights GB, in which hundreds of people were scammed by a GH global mod of all people. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71507.0

I'll admit that I could have been a little more patient here, but can you really blame me for being anxious over a new user's first GB? Again, I totally understand delays happen, it's ok. But GB runners don't do it for free -- posting regular updates is just the right thing to do, especially with such an infamous colorway. If people were more proactive in he who shall not be named's Miami Nights GB, they might've been able to get their money back.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee... that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

BTW, no clue if these are accurate, but TeHao's profile says he logs in all the time -- as recent as a few hours ago.

Fingers cross that the next time I bother you guys is a post saying I got my set! ;D

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 23:24:52 »
If somebody wants to taker over my spot, I'd be down to let it go for what I paid.

I got all kits

pmed

Offline Crushader

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 01:43:58 »
It has been over a week and still no update, this is a joke... I'll dispute with PayPal tonight if still no update until then...