Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Scandi - GB Thread Live  (Read 50920 times)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] ePBT Scandi - GB Date, Deskmat, & Monokei Artisan
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 09:38:03 »
The FR kit, which seems already designed, needs more votes ? I thought its presence was already decided ...

Did you read the post? I made it clear that they haven't officially been added to the set, just that these are what they COULD look like and I was looking for feedback.

Please note that this does NOT mean I've decided to officially add these kits to the set.

At this time, I am looking for 1) feedback and 2) interest, to which end I've created a new form.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 09:45:09 »
Yes I misread ! Hence the «I thought».
Lets hope for votes then !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline azzipa

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 10:46:29 »
please help me understand epbt kitting: i thought if base made MOQ then all child kits were assured of being made, also.

if this is the case, i have a hard time seeing a downside to producing (anticipated) small quantity child kits. if anything, these kits likely would increase demand for base kit, no? (reason being that person purchasing child kit will also want base kit.) i suppose it might make fulfillment a bit more difficult but proxies are in business to sell stuff.

Offline Nascent

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 10:56:46 »
please help me understand epbt kitting: i thought if base made MOQ then all child kits were assured of being made, also.

if this is the case, i have a hard time seeing a downside to producing (anticipated) small quantity child kits. if anything, these kits likely would increase demand for base kit, no? (reason being that person purchasing child kit will also want base kit.) i suppose it might make fulfillment a bit more difficult but proxies are in business to sell stuff.

That would be my case. With support for Spanish layout i'd be getting several kits, but without it i'm not even buying the base kit. Hopefully some more interest in those child kits is generated now that there's a GB date, and they get made.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 11:56:30 »

You are correct. However, I am simply trying to balance manufacturer load with potential sales to keep the lead times reasonable. There's been a crush of ePBT sets in the pipeline, likely due in large part to the fact that GMK is so backed up. It would be a shame if ePBT ended up in the same situation.

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 12:06:42 »
100% in for this. Adorable. Love all of the colors and art.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 15:42:56 »
I really like the novelties - they play well with others!

Offline MiguelFg

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 21:59:26 »

That would be my case. With support for Spanish layout i'd be getting several kits, but without it i'm not even buying the base kit. Hopefully some more interest in those child kits is generated now that there's a GB date, and they get made.

Same here, the main focus for me of this set it's the specific countries support, if this just end up like a regular USA/NORDEUK I'll pass because it's always the same.

This fits the looks, which I like, and the convinience of having my language fully supported so I'm a potential buyer of different kits or none. That's my dilema right know. I understand the manufacturer point of view tho, so let's see...

Offline azzipa

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 23:32:30 »

You are correct. However, I am simply trying to balance manufacturer load with potential sales to keep the lead times reasonable. There's been a crush of ePBT sets in the pipeline, likely due in large part to the fact that GMK is so backed up. It would be a shame if ePBT ended up in the same situation.

i think most of us are wondering how much further wait time can stretch into the future before losing interest, so i understand. at the same time, it seems reasonable that enjoy might raise prices on child kits to discourage them, if that helps production times. either way, it’s your set and i respect that. glwic  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 May 2021, 20:39:50 by azzipa »

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 07:57:27 »
Hi all,

Lots of new kits today, kitting changes, and a new vendor:

- Added IOKeyboards as a vendor for Sweden
- Added Franglais, Ibérica, Typist, and dedicated Spacebars kit
- Moved UK ISO to new Franglais kit (better pricing for both UK ISO users and NorDe users)
- Added Icelandic support to NorDe(Ic) kit
- Moved Alt Gr keys from NorDe to Base kit
- Included 2 options for homing keys in all relevant kits (both scoops and bars)
- Removed mod colored Å from Dalecarlian Runes kit
- Added 2u spacebar and to Base kit for complete Alice support
- Moved 6u spacebar from Base kit to new Spacebars kit
- Trimmed down the Nomad (40s) kit in light of the above changes
- Additional language support IC form is now CLOSED

Base

Dalecarlian Runes

NorDeIc

Covers Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, German, and Icelandic layouts

Franglais

Covers French AZERTY (France and Belgium) and UK ISO

Ibérica

Covers Spanish and Portuguese for both EU and Latin American layouts

Typist

A Colevrak+ kit covering Dvorak, Colemak, Programmer's Dvorak, Colemak DH & DHm, Norman, Carpalx QGMLWY, QWPR, and Wide Mod

Nomad

Spacebars

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 May 2021, 09:52:27 by Fredington »

Offline MiguelFg

Re: [IC] ePBT Scandi - Additional Language Support Officially Added
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 08:30:25 »
Are these last kits gonna be added to the future GB or you are still not sure?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 08:55:35 »
Are these last kits gonna be added to the future GB or you are still not sure?

Did you read the post lol? Yes, they are officially added.

Offline Nascent

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 10:24:49 »
Great to see the additional language support kits making it to GB. 100% in

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:07:12 »
 Thanks for the Franglais kit, 100% in  :thumb:
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:36:37 »
Thank you for the extra international kits. I'm in!

Offline brunosan_.

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 15:09:23 »
Thanks for the actual international kit.  :thumb:

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 19:55:01 »
Small update today:

- Added ortho and Alice support to the Typist kit

Barring any errors, I consider the kits final at this point with 2 weeks left until the GB goes live!

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 04:47:53 »
Hi,

In front page is noted "Manufacturer: ePBT (using their new molds)".
I've read on other IC thread there is delays with new molds, do you have intel ?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 07:46:55 »
Hi,

In front page is noted "Manufacturer: ePBT (using their new molds)".
I've read on other IC thread there is delays with new molds, do you have intel ?

Yeah, so there's like two sets of new molds:

1) New spacebar molds that fixed the warping problem. These have been completed for some time now.
2) New everything molds that are better suited for reverse dye-subbing. These are still in the works.

I was referring to the former. This set does NOT feature any reverse dye-subbing, so the latter wouldn't affect it anyway.

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 08:35:57 »
Ok thank you ! Can't wait to order  ;D

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] ePBT Scandi - Small kit updates, GB goes live in 1 week!
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 19:51:22 »
Hi all,

Some small but significant tweaks to many of the kits today...

I've decided to remove the many mod-colored, ortho-oriented R3 keys from the language support kits in favor of mod-colored R1 tilde replacements, as I think these will be utilized by a much greater proportion of buyers. A mod-colored '" key will remain in the Nomad kit.

Speaking of the Nomad kit, I've significantly expanded its coverage to include the majority of ortho and staggered 40s boards and not just the "popular" ones.

I've also added a 1.5u key to the Spacebar kit and removed a 2u key (redundant).

I hope to have pricing shortly.

EDIT: Forgot to post the updated kits here. OP has already been updated.

Dalecarlian Runes

Nomad

Spacebars

NorDeIc

Franglais

Ibérica

Typist

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 07:31:17 by Fredington »

Offline ab042896

Re: [IC] ePBT Scandi - Small kit updates, GB goes live in 1 week!
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 16:44:56 »
can't wait till this goes live, depending on pricing this looks like it may be a multiple base kit purchase  :thumb:

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [IC] ePBT Scandi - Removed Tertiary Legends, UK ISO in Base
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 09:44:59 »
After looking at costing, I've decided to remove all tertiary legends. This will make a dramatic reduction in key count in the language support kits and make these kits significantly more affordable. I've also moved UK ISO into the Base kit for some proper ISO support.

By doing this, we've reduced the key count of the NorDeIc kit by 9 keys, the Français kit (formerly Franglais) by 15 keys, and the Ibérica kit by a whopping 28 keys. In keeping with this streamlining spirit, Alice support has been removed from the Typist kit, as their use case is likely quite low.

Thematically, I think this should also look better with the minimal nature of the icon mods, as well as align better with Scandinavian design sensibilities.

Finally, I've also added key sizes to the kit images.

Below are the affected kits:

Base

NorDeIc

Français

Ibérica

Typist

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 20:11:45 by Fredington »

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
to clarify, the rune kit will still exist, right?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
to clarify, the rune kit will still exist, right?

Of course.

Offline VXQN

Absolutely loving these changes; I was on the fence before, but now I feel I have to purchase!

Offline Adelscott

Now that you removed tertiary legends there's a duplicate on the french kit, the "¨ ^" key

And I'll don't join, regrettably :/

GL anyway !

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Now that you removed tertiary legends there's a duplicate on the french kit, the "¨ ^" key

And I'll don't join, regrettably :/

GL anyway !

Appreciate the catch!

Offline D3LTA

Wanted to say thanks for adding in typist & ortho kits. Definitely in for this when the GB hits.

Offline MiguelFg

Sadly the Iberica set got ripped, it was pretty good to be real lmao. Oh well, better than nothing. But I have a doubt. Why there's like four keycaps in that specific set with the same legends "{ [" ?

I saw them in the base kit so there's no reason you add 4 more keycaps with the same legends or just on a different order right? Unless I'm missing something.

Also the Ç keycap has another sublegend, the }. I can confirm since my keyboards in my house are all spanish layouts  ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 13:48:27 by MiguelFg »

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Why there's like four keycaps in that specific set with the same legends "{ [" ?

Latin American Spanish/Portuguese

EDIT: You're right, there was a duplicate key that has now been removed.

Also the Ç keycap has another sublegend, the }. I can confirm since my keyboards in my house are all spanish layouts  ;D

} is in the tertiary position, so it got axed. Also, it allows for the kit to have only one Ç to cover both Spanish and Portuguese.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 20:13:12 by Fredington »

Offline Karas187

I was very hyped by this set.

I do not understand the last minute changes on international kits and the removal of all tertiary legends.

They matter a lot for the poeple interested who I'm sure are willing to pay the additional price to get the correct kits.

With these new kits, sadly I'm out. I hope these last changes can be reverted.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:55:59 by Karas187 »

Offline abucazu

Insta buy for me  :-[

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
Same feeling for me about tertiary as french user. This set was insta buy but right now I've some doubts.
Colors and accents are clean and fine looking but paying extra euros for tertiary on international kits was not a big deal  :-\

Please, since you split franglais to french kit add the tertiary legends back on those few kits !

Offline Adelscott

I also plead for the return of tertiary legends. This is what motivated the acquisition. Having an incomplete set in exchange for saving 15€ on a purchase over 150€ is in my opinion not justifiable.

Offline hayasaka

• No.
Clean! nice.

Offline salgiza

I must admit that I don't care that much about tertiary legends, but I'm also sad that they were removed so close to the GB date.

I would go for the Iberian kit (as a Spanish ES user), and I'm torn: on one hand I quite understand their removal (26 extra keycaps?!!!!), but on the other I think that I would be willing to pay extra for a set with the tertiary legends, as most of the GBs which support the ES layout also omit them, and this would make this GB extra special.

If you already know how much the cost with/without tertiaries, maybe you could run a quick IC form to see which option is more popular?

Whichever option you go for, though, great set, and I hope that the GB is successful!!

P.S. How on hell can the Spanish ES/LA and Portuguese PT/BT layouts have so many different keys???  :eek:

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Back with some prices and good news today. After some more discussion, the vendors have decided to support the full localization kits (with tertiary legends), and we were able to work out some prices I think you're going to like.

Also, the Control icon on the M60-A render has been updated to be smaller (as it should be).

Price Table:

NorDeIc

Français

Ibérica

M60-A updated Control icon size:

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:33:34 by Fredington »

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
Re: [IC] ePBT Scandi - Restored Tertiary Legends and Pricing!
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:28:44 »
Awesome !!!!!  :D I'm in 1000000%
Thanks !

Offline MiguelFg

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 12:10:20 »
lets goooooooooo

Offline kidpid

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 12:30:21 »
ne rune renders avail?

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 13:39:46 »
Good news ! I'm in again !

Offline Karas187

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 15:20:29 »
Thank you for the international kis, 100% in !

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 02:00:15 »
a numpad enter accent/novelty would have been nice but ill prolly get this for my wifes board.

Offline salgiza

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 04:00:56 »
Ooh! Those are quite sensible prices! And the tertiary legends are back! This one quickly went from maybe to must buy.

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 04:23:20 »
Base + French + Accents for me. Maybe the artisan monokei artisan too  :p
Can wait to put this kit on my Pizza65  :thumb:

Offline Techdude594

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 04:34:07 »
Definitely in on this set! Nice prices and glad the tertiary legends are back. :thumb:

Offline migueldelrosario

• Sample Text
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 03:28:34 »
Loving this set, especially the artisan!

Offline sefixmm

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 04:10:32 »
A BIG thanks for the french support (ISO Fr and ISO be).

This set is really beautiful, i'll take it immediately !

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 08:21:07 »
I don't type on a Swedish keyboard anymore (just use google input whenever I need to talk to family), but for this set, I may consider building a dedicated Swedish layout :) Could we get some renders that use the Dalecarlian runes before the GB ends?