geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

Split60 (Name TBD) - A Split 60% Board HHKB/WK (Prototype 2 Build Video)

(1/7) > >>

0ldMate:

Featuring Fever Dreams Deskmat
Introducing the Split 60 (New name TBD).

This is the second board I've designed, following the Let's Tango. After many years of waiting for someone to design a split 60% made from aluminium I've decided to make it myself.

As the market is quite rough for mid-range boards I am happy to modify the board to reach certain price points to make sure the board runs. Also, I am planning on commissioning a design for the back of the board by the same artist behind the Fever Dreams Deskmat.

This current iteration of the board is made from aluminium and brass and includes the following features:

Features

- Spit 60% design
- HHKB or WK top piece
- 7 degree typing angle
- Top mount design
- Swappable plate - both 1.5mm and 3mm options
- Brass weight
- Swappable divider pieces
- Optional tenting support

Price

Price is TBD at the moment. Depending on the interest and feedback I hear, I may scrap the weight and make the divider pieces part of the bottom case, this would reduce the cost by quite a bit. It comes down to what I hear  :D

Colours

Currently the plan is to produce this board using recycled aluminium for the case. Using this material makes annodisation difficult beyond black and silver. However, ecoating is available in several different colours. Colour choices will be determined shortly.

Topruh?

At the moment, only an MX PCB has been designed, however, if there's enough interest there is an option for an EC (topre) PCB to be designed and offered with the board.

Prototypes

There are currently 2 prototypes (one HHKB, one WK), both have faults on my design and will be fixed. I am planning on getting a second prototype produced after these changes have been finalized.

Currently there are no plans for WKL but if there's enough interest I can modify the design files for it.

First look photo gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/RMPBcP8

Discord for updates: https://discord.gg/sbxZQUnfax

IC Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxAiN4g2FXgBJVsy9CMcoua9onC51ZlNGHPf0AGq83z2p0cQ/viewform

Thanks everyone!

0ldMate

TO DO

Modify design to fix prototype faults

Gather IC feedback

Alter design based on feedback

Commission back weight art

Prototype Round 2

Modify Prototype 2

Figure out if GB will happen

UPDATES

14 Jan 2024

Prototype 2 Youtube build done. Pics in progress (currently available in discord).

3rd May 2023

IC Created

Rafa_n:
reserved and please clean your usb cable

hzh0525:
please clean your usb cable or replace it ....

edenfires:
friendship ended with kendo now split60 is my best friend

0ldMate:

--- Quote from: Rafa_n on Tue, 02 May 2023, 10:12:09 ---reserved and please clean your usb cable

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: hzh0525 on Tue, 02 May 2023, 11:34:54 ---please clean your usb cable or replace it ....

--- End quote ---

It has now been cleaned :D

--- Quote from: edenfires on Tue, 02 May 2023, 14:32:06 ---friendship ended with kendo now split60 is my best friend

--- End quote ---

I was waiting for Kendo also but decided to put my own spin on it. Though kendo is a classic piece and I hope they do make it at some point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version