Author Topic: Techkeys T-Shirt  (Read 61534 times)

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Techkeys T-Shirt
« on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 12:53:08 »
This was discussed a bit in Binge's thread, but I think it deserves its own place for discussion.

I was so enamored with Binge's artwork that he did for the business card that I wanted to put it on a T-Shirt.  I think digital printed T-Shirts look like garbage, at there is a lot of limitations with standard silkscreen.  I found a specialty shop that would CMKY print the shirt (4 screens that when blended can produce all colors).

I am thrilled with how they came out on high quality American Apparel shirts.

http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/techkeys-t-shirt

97626-0

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: Techkeys T-Shirt
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 12:54:23 »
This was discussed a bit in Binge's thread, but I think it deserves its own place for discussion.

I was so enamored with Binge's artwork that he did for the business card that I wanted to put it on a T-Shirt.  I think digital printed T-Shirts look like garbage, at there is a lot of limitations with standard silkscreen.  I found a specialty shop that would CMKY print the shirt (4 screens that when blended can produce all colors).

I am thrilled with how they came out on high quality American Apparel shirts.

http://techkeys.us/collections/accessories/products/techkeys-t-shirt

(Attachment Link)
Who's that handsome model?!?!?!?!?  :cool:

This is really cool, I'll definitely be picking one up! :)

Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:30:39 »
This is a great item.  The artist deserves serious accolade.   :p
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:48:52 »
This is a great item.  The artist deserves serious accolade.   :p

But yes +1 excellent work :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:55:02 »
Looks great, but no more smalls  :(
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 23:00:09 »
Looks great, but no more smalls  :(

I don't think there ever were smalls.  It is a great disappointment cause it's an awesome shirt :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 April 2015, 23:04:35 by trizkut »

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 10:54:41 »
wow I guess lack of smalls was an oversight on my end...If am am able to do a second run, I will certainly make some.