Author Topic: Welcome Back Geekhack Giveaways - Winners Announced!!!  (Read 42943 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Welcome Back Geekhack Giveaways - Winners Announced!!!
« on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 18:51:11 »
Up for grabs:

1. 1x Golden Dibs Ticket - Good for the maximum cap limit of any one sale - jerue

2. 1x Silver Dibs Ticket - Good for any one cap in any one sale - sorijealut

3. 1x Random Cap Pack (3 caps - Topre or MX) - retrochick

Rules:

1. Post your positive interactions with members of Geekhack or Reddit (r/mk) in this thread. Any memorable thing that you felt good about (i.e. you helping someone, someone helping you, etc).

2. Submissions end Monday, July 6th @ 11AM Pacific Standard Time

3. These are all free, including shipping!

Thanks all and have fun!

Love,

Bro
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:40:37 by Bro Caps »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Welcome Back Geekhack Giveaways
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:20:31 »
And... its live!

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:25:44 »
My most positive on GH/MK was shared with none other than 64rky, when I was browsing mechmarket it was both me and him looking to expand our HKP collection, so we shared something in common. We would look out for each of the gasmasks we didn't have, and inform each other if we ever saw any. One day I saw that he had 2 gasmasks that I didn't have, and he had duplicates of, so I asked him if there was anything in my collection he wanted, when he responded, he outright gifted them to me, just said "here just have them - nothing in return" I was taken aback as this was the first time I had really been gifted anything online and I only kinda knew him, but as he was a solid guy, I accepted, and sure enough the next day he had sent me tracking information/confirmation, I was so excited for them to arrive. He also said that the shipping was around 12$, normal shipping is usually lower than that so I had guessed that he may have included something extra in there, and sure enough I was right! He gave me 3 packets of sweets from the US (i'm from the UK), and the 2 masks he told me he was gifting. I even have a picture when it arrived

Really nice experience with him, I am very thankful for it, a good deed to an internet stranger, hopefully I can do the same thing for others in the future. Thanks once again 64!
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:35:30 by justify »

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:27:40 »
There is no place like GH. I am a member of other forums and have posted on other forums. However, people here like to interact and talk to each other on a level that I love. We are keyboard enthusiasts, however we are social keboard enthusiasts who love to share our passion, knowledge, opinions, and advice with others. Never have I met such selfless individuals who come together for the good of an online community or specific individuals.
I'd like to take this opportunity to name a few who I consider friends and those who've helped me along my keyboard/keycap journey:

Gutz: thank you for your nuturing attitude and wisdom, and thank you for your generosity with your time and counseling. You've helped me think/sort through a sticky situation and I consider you a great friend/mentor.

dndliomx: thank you for making me laugh and for your generosity to the community. A $177 HHKB is like a unicorn around here. I'm saving my Oreos for the perfect time to enjoy them.  :-*

Anson: you're adorable  :D

Whizzard: thank you for your talent and for donating such awesome keycaps to our community. Keep it up dude!

Sed8: you're always so happy and gracious, I love your positivity!

Nuclear Sammie: so great to meet you in person and thank you for your kind hospitality and allowing me to touch all the awesome keyboards you have! Soooooooooooooooo neat.

Bro, Binge, Boop:
I know you guys are busy and yet you still have the time to respond to my messages. Thank you for being so thoughtful and taking the time to write back!

Whenever I come here I feel like Dorothy in Oz: I get to meet some awesome friends along the way, magic abounds, and we're on this journey together!

Monday EDIT:
Forgot to mention XMIT, whom I first ran into on deskthority. This guy:
1. Works out a trade for my very first IBM Model M because I didn't have the funds at the time but really wanted one.
2. Desolders all the vintage black switches on a board I wanted prior to shipping so I didn't have to deal with the nasty, crusty board.
3. Gives me the best, most-effective way to clean switches in such detail. Super-knowledgable and super nice.

I am so grateful to you XMIT and all the support you've shown me!
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 01:43:46 by retrochick »

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:28:35 »
Bro caps gave me caps!  ..it was awesome

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:29:21 »
When I was brand new to this keyboard community, I had just missed out on a sale from HKP by a few days. I pm'd Martin and asked if there was any way I could still get in on the sale even though it ended. Surprisingly to me he responded, and asked which artisans I wanted. I was pretty happy because pink is my favorite color and I got in on two pink artisan keycaps i still have, and will prob. never part with.

Most people on the internet are not very nice, I haven't seen any toxic threads or posts on GH and I think thats pretty cool. Yay for GH being back online. ^.^
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:35:30 by Bigpock »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:29:32 »
One of my favorite memories of GH is actually one that occurred rather recently, I traded a BBv2 for some silenced Topre plungers from btctopre. We weren't sure if the modifiers were silenced or not so we settled on just trading for the non-stablized keys. Like 3 months later btctopre figured out that the silenced Topre boards do in fact include silenced modifiers. Once he figured this out he messaged me right away and offered to send them to me for free. True to his word they showed up in one piece and I've been living in full-silenced heaven ever since. I was sincerely impressed at his honesty and the fact he wanted to send them to me. He could have just as easily forget I ever existed or decided it wasnt worth the hassle but he didn't. If you read this btctopre, thanks again!

Regardless of wether or not I win anything here I would like to suggest you give sincere consideration to giving something to btctopre for being a genuine and upstanding member of the community.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:31:33 by strict »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:29:45 »
The first experience I would say is with Riotonthebay, he payed for my bro caps ticket when I couldn't afford it, I was really exited and surpassed my budget of what I had. I still haven't payed him back either, he and so many others have been great to me. (So If anyone knows where I can still contact him, that'd be great, because I feel bad for not doing so.

And you brocaps for gifting me a Matte black Brocap as a gift for finally getting my HHKB I dragged out to annoying levels to get. :D

demik gave me my first fountain pen a month back and he's awesome for it, demik is way to generous, an all round good guy from how I know him, and after that Halverson, Nubbinator and I all chipped in and donated some caps for the quest to get demik his octopink clack.  And that has to be the moment where I realised "This community is ****ing fantastic"  It's such a great feeling to do a kindness back to one another.

And that's why I feel it's where I feel at home with some really good guys and gals.

Without the great community Geekhack has, I don't think it would be nearly as enjoyable.  :)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:32:40 »
A couple of positive standouts for me:

1:  Trading with asdfjkl36 some brobots and Nubbinator caps so that his girl could get the colors she wanted.  I wasn't even looking for what he was trading, but I really wanted to help. 
2:  Some trades that went down with Sed8op8.  She is downright awesome!  If you have the chance to exchange stuff with her be prepared to be showered in amazing/thoughtful gifts.  I had a lot of fun trying to outdo her, but she won. 
3:  Hanging out playing Borderlands2 with CPTBadAss and Binge - some good times.  Also hanging with multiple people on Diablo3.  I usually play alone, but had a really good time playing with my GH friends. 
4:  Meeting up with Nubbinator to talk keyboards/computers/beer.  He is truly one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people on this forum.  One of the people on here that I truly consider a friend. 

And a huge shout out to Brocaps for continuing to have faith in this community.  You and several others are what make this a place that I want to spend my time.   
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:32:43 »
I recently won a giveaway from tigersharkdude here on geekhack and he sent me the cap PLUS 2 extra bonus caps out of the kindness of his heart.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:36:08 »
The thing that was the most memorable for me was when Bunny gave me a dibs ticket for the blackout sale  because I was going to Portugal right during the sale. I seriously didn't expect that and it was really nice of him. Prior to that I never really had a chat with him or something alike. We didn't know much each other on GH nor IRL. Still he decided to make a gift which was really appreciated. I made sure to send him a parcel filled with good treats from France to thank him.

In regards to the community (not speaking about myself personally) what I really like is to see so many people helping each other even though they never met IRL. I LOVE YOU ALL GEEKHACKERS!  :-* :-*

I LOVE YOU TOO BRO!  :-*
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2015, 15:38:33 by Ngt »

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:41:49 »
So today I was a colossal idiot and accidentally shipped a package to the wrong address. Instead of getting mad or salty, both parties were very relaxed about it. Thanks rsadek and cheddarbek.

Really thankful that it didn't turn into something crazy. Definitely gotta work on my Bart Simpson impression right now. "I am a moron, I am a moron, I am a moron..."

1:  Hanging out playing Borderlands2 with CPTBadAss and Binge - some good times.  Also hanging with multiple people on Diablo3.  I usually play alone, but had a really good time playing with my GH friends. 

<3

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:46:43 by CPTBadAss »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:41:59 »
I joined GeekHack back in late 2013. After my initial search for Miami keycaps, and finding a board, I went into lurker status. Since the beginning of the year, I started to become active. The reason I say this, is to put my experience into perspective.

Once GTA V on PC was released, I joined the thread conversations and began to talk with other ppl who play. Byker was the first person to reach out to me, and we started playing together. Since then, I have "met" quite a few people here and consider them friends, even though we have never met. This story may not be the best, but as many new ppl know, it is tough to gain traction around here. Byker basically helped me learn a whole lot more and meet many people than I would've otherwise never have.

Another person that I think many people have had positive experiences with, is Bunny Lake. He was the first person I ever pm'd, asking about Miami extras. Every discussion since, and including, then has been pleasant, and very professional. Even when he publicly states he is busy and won't have time to get to PMs, he always seems to. IMO, he is a pillar to this community.

Last but not least, Bro. I have had the opportunity to speak with him/you on a few occasions, and always expected to never hear anything back. I can only imagine how many PMs you must get on a daily basis, yet you managed to help me with my mundane questions.

I just want to say thanks to Byker, Bunny, Bro Caps Radio Killah, Karura, Meiosis, Hwood, Bill Nye, Zeal, Photek, slickmamba, taylorcraig, katushkin, and SethK(pwnnarwhal). Each of these people have been very welcoming, and have been very helpful over the past few months. If I missed anyone, sorry.

I don't expect to win anything, but if by chance I do, I would like the prize to go to someone who is broless or has never won a raffle instead of me.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:46:53 »
Air tree offered to let me get one of his caps if he made it into the Cosmos sale and I didn't, neither of us made it in, but it was awesome of him to offer! :)

Haata has organized the Bay Area GH meetups I've had so much fun at and let me keep the board that I mostly soldered at the first one I attended. :D Everyone else who goes to the meetups has been amazing too, but there's too many forum names to remember. XD

Sed8op8 always makes me smile with her posts. She's pure sunshine. :)

Really everyone here is great, though. Everyone's been helpful and nice.

And of course you yourself are amazing and while it can't go on a board as I don't have Topre, I have the amazingly sexy Juicy Fruit Red Topre Esc key I got from the last giveaway proudly displayed on my Model F at the top with the rest of my artisans. ;) I only have three of your caps but they're definitely my pride and joy and they always make me smile, and while I'm sad I never got a v1 Reaper I'm looking forward to the v2 and whatever else is coming next. (And if I win in this giveaway or the low sodium sale by some joyous miracle of glory, I will pass the Esc on to someone who does have a Topre board and doesn't have a Bro.)
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:53:42 »
I've had some great experiences with a bunch of people on GH but to highlight a few:

1. Discussing wet shaving, lifting and personal experiences with CPTBadAss. He's from where I go to school so just talking about life there and food places and such. He also welcomed me to the forum and we had a great discussion about wet shaving products. I lucked out and received him as my secret Santa so I was able to provide him with soaps, blades and a stainless steel razor handle. It was stuff he wouldn't buy himself and I  wanted to expand his horizons. I also got to talk to him about work and job prospects. Overall he is a great guy and I hope to get to meet up with him soon.

2. I've recently had a great experience with Nubbs and btctopre as both have had the patience of putting up with me and allowed me to get a hold of some 420 Bro caps. Btctopre sold me the limeade esc and fn at cost and I can't thank him enough and Nubbs had the patience to hold a Limeade V2 T until I could get reasonable trade fodder. I can't thank both of them enough for helping me get those caps.

Thanks Bro for all that you do for this community!

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:54:24 »
I unfortunately am not close to anyone on geekhack :/ I have traded and chatted with a few and really like the community as a whole. Despite this, I do believe JDCarpe is a standup guy. He has helped me a few times with some questions and has always been willing to help everyone. I hope I will have something more to contribute to a post like this down the road.

Cheers

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:56:11 »
Learning something new like compiling a hex or soldering has such a positive effect outside of keyboards - accomplishing a project is so much fun and it even increases your self confidence... That feeling you get when you finally figure it out? Priceless.

It's not a single instance of a positive interaction, it's every interaction. Nobody that knows more than me has ever talked down to me when I've asked a question. I've always been pointed in the right direction, given a great hint, and educated.

Big s/o to all the Makers on here. Like many forum members, I have spent a nontrivial amount of time and money on this. My favorite board? The one I built.
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:56:20 »
Most positive interaction and favorite person on this site is Sed8op8!

I had been looking for a brocap for months, always trying to be the quickest to sales in classifieds and /r/mechmarket and trying to win in raffles, but never winning any. I started to check the bro cap therapy thread and after a while, a giveaway was up by btctopre and my heart jumped. I quickly scrolled through the rest of the posts and found out that the cap was already given away. I was pretty sad that I missed out on a chance to get my first brocap, but then Sed8op8's post caught my eye. She also joined the giveaway and was giving out a powder puff purple esc key! I quickly posted my information and turns out that I won it! A couple days later, she sent the cap and I received my first and most loved bro cap.

I always felt like I owed something to her, since she gave away a cap to me just because of her kindness and her wanting for others to experience the joy that is bro caps. I got pretty lucky in /r/mechmarket and picked up a topre three kings V2. Ashley showed some interest in it, because she was trying to complete a three kings/pharaoh set on her topre board. I wanted to help her finish her set badly and she was kind enough to trade a kbk cap to me in exchange, since it was also my first taste in kbk caps. So now, I have a powder puff purple esc and a mummy 2 :thumb: Hopefully she completes her pharaoh set soon, because I know its gonna be awesome on her board. So if anyone has a pharaoh reaper, please contact Sed8op8! Awesome to trade with and is the most friendly person I've dealt with on GH so far.

Here are some pics of what I have received from her!

TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 19:59:55 »
I think the kindest thing anyone in this community has done for me was on r/mk. One of the users on there was trying to sell some of their artisans and were having trouble selling some of them. I had just bought my first keyboard a week before and was loving it. I didn't have any artisans at this point and didn't know how much they were worth. I told this to the seller and instead of selling me the keycap they ended up giving it to me for free. Due to their actions I have always tried to be as kind and helpful to the people in this community so thank you /u/64rky for giving me that Raven for free and not even letting me pay for shipping! Because of people like them this community is able to thrive and grow. This community is powered not by the saltiness of the few, but by the sweetness of the many! Good luck to everyone in the giveaway!!

PS: I lost the visor to the Raven. RIP. I'm sorry. I will keep this cap forever those as a reminder to always treat people with kindness and fairly in any transaction.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:06:15 »
Well in general I love talking to the members that I do. It's always fun to talk to people who understand the hobby and share others with me. But my most memorable/ favorite GH moment happened last weekend. Out of nowhere a week or two ago Hoff asked me if I liked the Flaming Lips and invited me to go see them at Summer Fest with him. We met up at his buddy Peter's place in Milwaukee and took a shuttle to the festival where we met up with one of Peter's friends while we watched the Mariners. After them we headed over to the FLips and I made sure my mind was in the right place.  :))

The concert was mind blowing, Hoff told me they were very theatrical but I wasn't expecting what they did. There were huge inflatables walking around the stage and crazy lights. One song had a lizard in a suit, santa, and a shark. The night was all about cool music and hanging out with bros. "Best concert I've ever experienced" Hoff

Also after we got back to Pete's place we went to qdoba which is always good.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Snap from the night.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:07:22 »
Well in general I love talking to the members that I do. It's always fun to talk to people who understand the hobby and share others with me. But my most memorable/ favorite GH moment happened last weekend. Out of nowhere a week or two ago Hoff asked me if I liked the Flaming Lips and invited me to go see them at Summer Fest with him. We met up at his buddy Peter's place in Milwaukee and took a shuttle to the festival where we met up with one of Peter's friends while we watched the Mariners. After them we headed over to the FLips and I made sure my mind was in the right place.  :))

The concert was mind blowing, Hoff told me they were very theatrical but I wasn't expecting what they did. There were huge inflatables walking around the stage and crazy lights. One song had a lizard in a suit, santa, and a shark. The night was all about cool music and hanging out with bros. "Best concert I've ever experienced" Hoff

(Attachment Link)

Snap from the night.

Ya'll are adorable

Offline Moralless

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:10:05 »
Thanks for the giveaway Bro!

Probably the most positive, memorable interaction I've ever had over the internet happened in GH where I met one of the nicest people ever, Cottonsox. He probably doesn't know this, but he helped me get through a rough pathc a few months ago when there were heavy winds around my area destroying a tree and the fence in my backyard leading to the robbery of some of my old gaming consoles that I've had since I was young. Talking to him helped me take my mind off things when I was trapped inside my house for a whole week, and I could never forget the numerous amounts of awesome things he has done for me  :)  :-*

My favorite, positive interaction that I had with GH as a whole was during the clackvent event. As sad as it is with Clack's health those couple of months were some of my favorite times in my short time at GH with all the gif wars, clackvent troll posts, clack therapy threads and really the first time I came to appreciate this community.

A few positive interactions I've personally had within the GH/Reddit community was when I had a giveaway for the one off GH themed UMAD in celebration of the Hack'd by Geeks keyset which ultimately ended up being won by Rowdy.

Another positive interaction I had was during the first KWK sale where I ended up giving away one of the Warus that I won to Hwood34 for free when he had missed the sale because of something (I forgot, it's been a while since that sale :))) which was the first time I ever talked with him and only gave it to him solely because of how much of a fan he was of Hipster/PD's work.

EDIT:

I can't believe I forgot to add this (thanks byker for reminding :))) but I pretty much feel exactly the same way as him :

Shout out to all my homies on skype, talking to them on skype so much has made my post count drop: tbc, karura, moralless byker, clacktalk, ghostjuggernaut, zealPC, radio_killah, billnye, photekq, sethk_, hwood34, meiosis, slickmamba, vesperSAINT, taylordcraig, and the list goes on.. Without these guys, I probably would have moved on from this community, after finding my favourite board (HHKB for life), but I have found a set of friends in them.  :-*
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:31:28 by Moralless »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:10:25 »

(Attachment Link)

Snap from the night.

Ya'll are adorable

:-*
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:12:27 »
Mine are not too overwhelming, but I shall post anyway. Lots of people have been extremely helpful, or just plain nice to me. My first PM was to HoffmanMyster, I was asking about a keyboard in his flair, and he responded very quickly with links to everything and asked if I needed anything else. When I was looking into getting my SSK restored by phosphorglow, I messaged several users who I saw had used his service before, most were to Snowdog993, he answered all my questions, showed me pictures of his keyboard, and asked me about it later on after I got it back. My most recent nice thing was by livingspeedbump. I had a fairly large order for Jukebox and had to cut all of it out but the base set, and get rid of another set to pay for it since I needed to help a family member out financially, and living speed bump told me he would try to help me acquire some of the child deals at a later point, which was very nice of him since my comment did not even mention why I needed to make my order smaller. Something similar happened with BunnyLake, when SA Retro was coming to an end, I asked him if I could pay late, and he was totally ok with it, and did not even ask me why, that is the reason I now prefer gh organized group buys to Massdrop. I ended up being able to pay on time but appreciated being able to pay late if I would have needed to. I am not going to say anything I have done for others, I try to be as nice as possible, but really do not have anything that sticks out to me as something I have done that would make a difference to someone, other than give some things that were not very valuable, and making small donations here and there. Overall this site is very welcoming, and has been since my first post in the new members section, that is what I like about this place.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2015, 02:27:03 by nickheller »

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:20:33 »
On reddit, I was new to the entire MK community and had just bought my first Ducky Legend keyboard.  Determined to add some individuality, I started to look into and posted about buying some artisan keycaps.  Through the keycaps buying wiki, I found the K3YD shop.  I reached out to u/RaVNzCRoFT who runs the shop, and he helped me design my own brand new keys from scratch.  He dealt extremely thoroughly with all of my newbie questions on the designs, the manufacturing process, the colors of the finished products, prices, everything.  He was a truly stand-up guy, and put up the 2 keys he designed for me in his store: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DT89ZH32R/backlit-escape-keycap-r4-1x1 and https://www.shapeways.com/product/J5WZT79CZ/nerv-logo-backlit-keycap-r4-1x1?optionId=57185099.  They keys came out great and my keyboard is coming together wonderfully!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:27:42 »
One of the reasons why I stay here is due to the amount of community-ness and sense of belonging in Geekhack. I experienced many positive interactions along my time here, I never knew a (what they call a rare) hobby would bring me closer to a community where geographically with most of the members I’m halfway across the globe.

The one thing that just top it all off; was when Nubb held a giveaway where you can nominate someone suitable to receive a particulate prize. That’s when I started to become friend with Vesper (where I nominated him and we won 2nd); and we’ve been saying hi from time to time ever since. To start with an admiration over his collection and photos to become an interaction is amazing when you think of it.

Not to mention how I admire people like Nubb who contribute so much to the community. It proves that there are still people who care and have high sense of contributing without expecting something in return in this world; believe me, that since I live in a corporate world where we try to suck up everything we can.

Positive interaction? this community keep me sane
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:34:21 »
My favorite, and most memorable experience happen right when I joined geekhack and posted some pictures of my 3D printed keycaps... Binge message me almost immediately, asking for advice on learning CAD (which I can't really give them best advice on haha) and that really made me love geekhack.  A community so great that even the big guys aren't worried about asking for advice.  The recognition and respect I have gained for and from everyone here has definitely made for a great time.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:37:20 by XX7 »
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:43:03 »
moose gifted me a keyboard brush from techkeys my first couple weeks into geekhack after i entered hoffman's giveaway asking for one. you could imagine how appreciative i was of the gesture not only because of the wonderful gift, but because as a little fish in this big ****in sea, i felt acknowledged.

there have been countless positive interactions with a handful of gh members since then, but that one's by far the most memorable and the one i bring up most during conversation.

in recent news, byker offered me his spot in the binge preorder, which is really really cool. hands down favorite canadian
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 20:43:50 »
Mine is a story of right place at the right time on reddit. I was browsing the Starcraft 2 Sub and stumbled upon someone selling a mech board. http://imgur.com/a/wYD3G This is the board that ended up being my first. Signed by 2 amazing SC2 pros and my favorite color to boot. Ever sense then, I've talked to Squid a couple times, asking about various things I didn't understand and he was happy to help. The general kindness in folks around here is really heartwarming and I truly love that. I'm fairly new around here, but I know I'll be here for a good while. Cheers and keep makin' killer caps you 2!

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:03:39 »
On GH:

Would have to be sethk_. Awesome guy. Back on one of Katz's sales, he gave his spot in the sale to those who had missed out of the sale since he already had some Katz caps. I was the recipient of it. I hope to one day repay this by paying it forward too.

On GH/Reddit:

Would definitely be BTCTopre. Most stand-up guy I've had the pleasure of dealing with. Also the one that somewhat kinda got me really addicted to artisan caps and Topre. Who would've thought  :p !

On Reddit:

Definitely /u/kudos_and_godspeed. Was kind enough to gift me part of his first batch of artisans that he made after I had been in long contact with him over previous things. His work is awesome, and I'm glad that he is finally better, and I'm looking forward to his full release of artisan caps. His Meowcaps that he and his wife duo-made are the cutest freaking things ever.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:03:45 »
Damn, it's so hard to choose just one, so I'll do a list of things that have just been awesome lately:

One of the first that came to mind was the participants in the Clack charity raffle.  It was awesome to see people donating to some awesome causes with the knowledge that they might not get anything, but being content in knowing that they helped out a worthy cause.  Even more awesome was seeing all the people jump in and give to charity without wanting to be counted int the raffle and seeing DanielT offer up a Scarface cap as a prize as well.  Seeing the winners so excited about the prizes and showing off pictures with their setups was also great, especially since I don't think either had won a cap yet.  I still remember how awesome it was to get my first Clack from Jocelyn, so I'm sure they had a similar feeling.

Summer Santa was also awesome, for the most part.  There were a ton of people who went above and beyond in their gifts, stalking their giftee and giving some really thoughtful gifts.  I know I had a ton of fun coming up with little things like the Boba Catt magnet and little paintings I did since my person said they loved Boba Fett, cats, and space.  Some people are really gifted and talented, so there was a lot of cool hand made stuff.  It was also awesome to see Sed8op8, Halverson, Badwrench, and CPTBadAss all offer to throw something together to send to Rotaku after he got screwed by his Santa.  I know he liked my little holdover package, but I love seeing people band together as a community.

One of the most generous and awesome one's for me lately was my quest for an OG Skeletor Reaper.  I never thought I'd ever see one, but so many people came forward and offered caps up to help me get one.  Maybe it was karma for helping out demik and sending on little gifts to some people, maybe it was just people being awesome and generous, whatever it was I felt incredibly blessed to have so many people there offering to help.  I hope I'm not missing someone, but demik, Belfong, sed8op8, and trizkut all generously stepped up and offered stuff up for trade to try and make it happen.  Turns out they weren't needed, but it was awesome to feel so much love.  Then all these people sprang up out of nowhere with trade offers.  I felt like I was taking advantage with one of the trades and kept offering to add more, but everyone said they were happy the trade and with what was sent out.  I threw in some small extras as a thank you.  Then came the day of reckoning and the cap showed up and now it sits happily on my HHKB.

I'm hiding this last one because part of me feels wrong bringing it up in a giveaway thread since it almost feels exploitative, but it really is one of the most heartwarming things I've seen on here with some of the best interactions:
More
By far the most humbling and all around heartwarming thing on here has been the Do it for Destiny thread.  I'm a horrible person and still haven't come up with something for Destiny, but it's by far one of the most generous threads I've seen.  You have a little girl who is going through some serious ****, yet she is so upbeat and everyone is making awesome little gifts and drawings for her.

And how can I forget when slickmamba sent me his HHKB Type-S and Hoffman sent me his FC660C to try for as long as I wanted.  They both lent me the boards to try to convert me to the cult of Topre and trusted me to not mess them up and to get the board back to them.  As you can tell, their conversion therapy worked as my HHKB is one of my favorite boards.

There's also the Ragerot that Hipster sent me.  It was one of the few Clacks I had to have and he sent it to me without any expectations of anything in return.  It was a super generous action, one that I'm still grateful for as it's one of my favorite caps.

I've seen stuff in here that made my blood boil, but I've had so many interactions on here lately that renewed my faith in people and really made it feel like community.  When people here band together, it's such an awesome thing to see and an even more awesome thing to be a part of.  There really are some generous and community minded people on here and seeing them always makes me feel a little pride that I can be a small part of it too.

demik gave me my first fountain pen a month back and he's awesome for it, demik is way to generous, an all round good guy from how I know him, and after that Halverson, Nubbinator and I all chipped in and donated some caps for the quest to get demik his octopink clack.  And that has to be the moment where I realised "This community is ****ing fantastic"  It's such a great feeling to do a kindness back to one another.

demik is the nicest cynical and bitter ******* you will ever meet.  That really was fun getting him that cap.

1:  Trading with asdfjkl36 some brobots and Nubbinator caps so that his girl could get the colors she wanted.  I wasn't even looking for what he was trading, but I really wanted to help. 
2:  Some trades that went down with Sed8op8.  She is downright awesome!  If you have the chance to exchange stuff with her be prepared to be showered in amazing/thoughtful gifts.  I had a lot of fun trying to outdo her, but she won. 
3:  Hanging out playing Borderlands2 with CPTBadAss and Binge - some good times.  Also hanging with multiple people on Diablo3.  I usually play alone, but had a really good time playing with my GH friends. 
4:  Meeting up with Nubbinator to talk keyboards/computers/beer.  He is truly one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people on this forum.  One of the people on here that I truly consider a friend. 

And a huge shout out to Brocaps for continuing to have faith in this community.  You and several others are what make this a place that I want to spend my time.

sed8op8 has come out swinging as a newbie.  Not many people have won so much respect so fast.  And CPTBadAss is an all around great guy.  While his love of pink and purple goes a little too far sometimes, he's one of the most helpful and generous people here.

Let me know when it comes time to send out the Alps caps.  I can come down and we can beer, sort, and ship.  It's always fun hanging out with you and you have such a nice wife and cute little munchkin.

2. I've recently had a great experience with Nubbs and btctopre as both have had the patience of putting up with me and allowed me to get a hold of some 420 Bro caps. Btctopre sold me the limeade esc and fn at cost and I can't thank him enough and Nubbs had the patience to hold a Limeade V2 T until I could get reasonable trade fodder. I can't thank both of them enough for helping me get those caps.

Well, it was going to get to you one way or another, even if it was sold at cost or traded for something I wasn't super keen on.  I saw how much you wanted it and how cool you've been in the community, so of course I was going to get it to you.  It was great that it worked out to getting something I'll be able to use though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 July 2015, 10:49:54 by nubbinator »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:04:59 »
Shout out to all my homies on skype, talking to them on skype so much has made my post count drop: tbc, karura, moralless, clacktalk, ghostjuggernaut, zealPC, radio_killah, billnye, photekq, sethk_, hwood34, meiosis, slickmamba, vesperSAINT, taylordcraig, and the list goes on.. Without these guys, I probably would have moved on from this community, after finding my favourite board (HHKB for life), but I have found a set of friends in them.  :-*

In particular, GhostJuggernaut has been a super cool guy to talk too. I recommend you all get to know him better! We chat about a bunch of different things, and he has graciously offered me my dream Bot at retail, something which doesn't happen very often.  :-*

Second shoutout goes to vesperSAINT. He is great to talk to and was my first good friend on the forum. We play games together and chat about our mutual love of topre, every day.  :-*

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:06:47 »
A while back I was in a very bad place emotionally. My dad who was my best friend and the person I always counted on to be there for me when I was struggling with something or needed advice, passed away. He was healthy and strong and became ill of pancreatitis. Unfortunately his lungs were affected and within a couple weeks God decided it was time he took him home. Since then I have become the man of my house, struggling in graduate anesthesia school and trying to fill an impossible void for my 3 younger sisters and my mother. Needless to say, but it ****ing sucked. Not long after I became introduced to this site and became fascinated by the custom keycaps and culture of keyboards in general. I also soon learned how difficult it was to acquire said keycaps and was becoming evermore frustrated at my lack of ability or luck to land even a single cap. In hindsight I am sure that investing so much of myself into the site was a futile way to cover up the emotional pain I was experiencing due to losing my dad but I was lost and anything that could take away my sorrow for even a moment was invaluable.

After multiple failed sales and failed attempts to get a cap through classifieds my frustration began turning to anger at peopl who had nothing to do with any of this. I eventually raged and left some sort of post asking for help but honestly didn't think I was even going to get a reply. That was when SynJin and  also sed8op8, took the time to reach out to me and lend me some advice and encouragement. Additionally they also both offered me caps from their own collection if the well continued to run dry. They both don't know any of this back story nor near how ****ty I was feeling at the time, but their messages definitely raised my spirits and made a difference in my life. So to them I send a big thank you and to all in this community. Sometimes you help people in ways you would never even think.

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:09:54 »
This is probably the most surprising thing that has happened to me for using GH. I posted a thread in the keyboard section, and after around 30 minutes, someone sent me a pm. The username is naokira and he's asking if there are any other mkb enthusiasts in the Philippines. It made me wonder on how he found out that I'm from the PH, I then remembered that it's on my profile  :)). I told him that we have a Facebook group for mkb owners in the PH, and asked him to join. The local community's response is always a warm welcome. He(naokira) was surprised that there was a Facebook group, and suggested for a meetup to also try boards from other members. /u/keikun17 gave it a go and did an interest check in the group for the meetup date and location. At the meetup - naokira told me that infiniti is also from PH, but is a busy person and laid low from local mkb community forums. We all had a great time and it's the first time that we met each other in physical form.  :D

The meetup was a success and we're looking forward into joining/organizing local mkb meetups in the future. :)

Photo from the meetup, /u/keikun17 is the one holding the potato camera  :p

Image courtesy of /u/keikun17
Full album

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:21:31 »
I have a couple of memorable stuff on GH, stuff with members of GH, and other members of the community on other forums. In general the people on here are very easy going when being invited into a group or if you are playing games with someone, and it feels like it only takes 10 minutes on here to befriend someone. One thing that I really like about GH as someone who is ambitious about designing my own board and modifying my current ones, is the excess of skilled people on here willing to help out. I feel like a lot of the more fun stuff here gets shifted to the bottom as keycaps are a large part of GH, and one of the things that I really like on here is CptBadAss's 'zine. One of my favorite parts of the hobby is that almost regardless of which forum you go to, and even if language is an issue, there are people willing to help. Monstermask of winkeyless (hojin.yi on here) is very helpful and quick to respond to emails, and is offering help on one of my ideas. I probably enjoy making stuff together on here the most, as I have always had more fun doing something on here with other people, rather than by myself, even if it is something small.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:22:14 »
The kindest interaction in my memory was a post from Hoff. He happened to find my post about how I really wanted to try to win a Brobot V2 (when I realized the design would come to an end soon), and said to me that I let him know if I don’t get into the next sale :D I was surprised at the kind of selflessness some have for others and making their stay in the forum better in any way they can. I was so happy and I actually ended up winning the next sale! Waddaya know! Haha. It was a kind gesture I couldn’t forget.  I’m planning to hold my own giveaway in the next keycaps I end up winning, so stay tuned ;) I do think he had a big part of helping me form the correct approach to winning these, and it’s all about enjoying the craftsmanship and excitement in the luck of the draw. That’s why after some bad experiences in trying to trade them, I’ve decided to start clean and I’m back to having no keycaps at all.

Like some members I've seen, I want to be helpful in any way I can to the community. I tried to answer messages I get about my HHKB or questions about mice to the best of my knowledge. I know that when I was a new member I had a lot of questions too. I’m glad I’ve tried out a lot of different mice now and can help others with that a bit, at least! Ask me about CS:GO too! :)
There’s many small groups within GeekHack that are welcoming and helpful to those who join the discussions. As an example, when I briefly visited the Fountain pen section and asked for some help on my writing I was met with really great resources and self-made guides (on the spot!) that were carefully made by members CPTBadAss and Booper. Thanks again guys. I’ve yet to post some of my own writing and I’ll have to get to that soon! There’s also the CS:GO group which I’ve had the pleasure to meet, they are all so funny and I love talking to them and playing the game with them. Something about sharing different hobbies while knowing there’s a common interest among us all is a great feeling.

Anyway, these are just some of the best parts of GeekHack I’ve experienced, thanks for reading!

Here's a random picture I dedicate to my hero(drawn in MSpaint with my mouse! rofl):

Offline feizor

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:23:43 »
My memorable interactions were meeting (online) and talking to my korean kbd enthusiast friends kin25 and nasby99 :)

They really got me into korean customs and opened my eyes to what's out there!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:35:53 »
I could name SO many people from the Destiny thread, but I'm going to cut out the people who already won stuff and/or have really gone the extra mile to get a smile over these last couple weeks of very tough treatment.

inanis has been my GH rock since it was first a design contest then a giveaway. She and her family have been in constant contact with me from day 1 via posts, PMs, snail mail, and so on. inanis is the one who donated the Kindle Fire for Des's birthday; this is a VITAL tool for her mood, education, and to keep her busy while locked away for 10 weeks +. Her daughter rocks a pendant in support and sends us beautiful cards. I am forever in debt to the inanis family for their never-ending love and support. Y'all have no idea.

Two GH people in this last week have made me realize that the wyfe and I have been neglecting ourselves; nubbs is sending us out on a date night in the city after Des goes back to CHOP for round 2 of stem cell. I can't remember how long it has been since we did anything like this. And heedpantsnow sent wyfe the last piece of her easter Powder Puff puzzle for her HHKB.

I'll never forget ANY of you that have supported us, but I had to pick the most recent things that really damn near made me cry.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:42:19 »
Geekhack is seriously one of my favorite places on the internet and I'm so glad that everyone is back! I dearly missed visiting and chatting with people I do on a daily basis.

My first super positive interaction was with DanielT when he sold me my first Topre artisan! It was by far an enthusiastic time for me, and even threw in some sweet extras.

Demik is my favorite person on GH. That might be hard to believe for some of you, but totes believe it. He gave me my Pink KWK set to match my theme, and I'm preparing something cool for him too *wiiiiiiiiiiink. I could talk to that "cynical and bitter *******" everyday lol. It was awesome seeing how much Nub, Airtree, and a few others tried their hardest to get him that damn Octopink CC. It took awhile, but they succeeded!

Sed is also one my favorites. She slowly grows on you :P Super generous to everyone and incredibly enthusiastic about this hobby -- some of her descriptions of keys are just hilariously good. I had the pleasure to talk her up one day, and it was joy. Even more so, later on, I even got to trade with her and it was awesome! She always includes some sweet VT goodies and it makes you want to live up there and eat all their candy.

I've also been slowly amassing a collection, and I decided recently that I wanted to give back - and I recently accomplished my first keycap giveaway! The set-up was really goofy, but I believe that thread was just pure fun for everyone that joined in. The participant had to pick out a Jurassic Park t-shirt design for me as they submitted their entry. In the end, it was super fun and hopefully I can do one again in the future.

I had a recent transaction with Finleye on Reddit for some KWK caps and he was late shipping my item by a day. Not a big deal right? But he insisted on including an extra novelty cap for me because of that! He also sent me a freaking awesome Dice keychain with MX Blacks. I love it.

Also, Bctopre really needs some love. Recently traded with him for the sickest Binge Keyng that I own now. He included some sweet extra caps and a little Hammer bag, which I was utterly shocked by. A really great and helpful guy all around. ;)

Another amazing time I had on here was creating a Techkeys graphic for i3oilermaker. It was a lot of work, but so worth it in the end. I had an awesome time making it. He also secretly sent me a Hapster in my Sadster order :) Which seriously made my day when I noticed it!

Everyone in Off Topic deserves a shout out from me. Seriously, the funniest people up in there and I would give you all a million hugs.

There's some people I know I didn't mention, but you guys are the greatest, trust me.
I have really just had a lot of super positive experiences here, in a very short amount of time, and that's truly what makes this place worth while.

Offline thelectronicnub

• drowning in keyboards
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:55:55 »
It's hard to just choose one interaction, you guys are all so nice  :)

But anyways, I haven't been around here very long, only since about January or so, so I'm fairly new

But my most memorable experience has been when I helped someone fix their keyboard matrix on a handwired board. It felt awesome helping someone that I had never met before. I really enjoy helping people, it gives me a nice feeling on the inside  :)
KUL ES-87 w/MX Greens

B/S/T Thread

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:58:16 »
this one time... a new member had an AT101W that had a slightly defective key (he had accidentally melted it with a soldering iron) and i was like "yeah i'll replace that key for you, i rarely use my AT101W anyway..."

so i did...

and it felt good...

/story
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:59:13 »
The sheer openness and generosity of the community on GH is the most prominent thing to me and what keeps me coming back day after day. Whether it be members letting us into a bit of their personal lives and allowing us to help out in any little way we can or giving away stuff from their personal collections to let newbies start their own collections, I don’t have to name names because I’m sure you guys know who you are and you are awesome!  :thumb:

I’m glad I stumbled upon this community and have been welcomed with open arms. Thanks for all the good feels guys the awesome community is what makes me proud to be part of GH!   :-*

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 21:59:59 »
Demik is my favorite person on GH. That might be hard to believe for some of you, but totes believe it. He gave me my Pink KWK set to match my theme, and I'm preparing something cool for him too *wiiiiiiiiiiink. I could talk to that "cynical and bitter *******" everyday lol. It was awesome seeing how much Nub, Airtree, and a few others tried their hardest to get him that damn Octopink CC. It took awhile, but they succeeded!

demik (lower-case "d", bee!) has been my other go-to for support. Don't tell him I told you this. I know he doesn't collect caps, but I felt it was worth mentioning. I love that guy.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:03:16 »
My most positive interaction on Geekhack has to be with Nubbinator

Once upon a time I contacted Nubbinator about making a blue 'A Clockwork Heart', he had issues with the blue resin during casting and this left him several duds. Because of the length of time, he sent me a one off Heart and Deckerson, all of the Heart duds and a Brown Heart (heart of sharts) because we had been joking about a cap with a swirly poo on top (LOL). Also noted that he has been very generous each time I have gotten into a sale and has always sent more than i ordered/won

Super garbage picture ... (all of the caps have been given away minus one blue and the brown heart)

This cap will never leave me .. LOL

I have many other positive tales from GH but the above sticks out the most in my head, honorable mentions include;

* Binge - Made and given me a number of caps
* Skcheng - Sent me a free BroBot V2 .. epicness
* JDCarpe - Gave me a Kindle when i had surgery on face (total bro)
* Krytone - Let me be the 'Guinea Pig' for a number of his caps

Im sure there are more, but these are the ones that really stick out
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 12:48:39 by tigersharkdude »

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:03:50 »

demik (lower-case "d", bee!) has been my other go-to for support. Don't tell him I told you this. I know he doesn't collect caps, but I felt it was worth mentioning. I love that guy.

I'm gonna upper-case that "d" and you'll live with it!

I could tell from your posts that he has been a big help to you :) He really is awesome.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:24:56 »
It started at r/mk about 6 months ago on my rubber dome keyboard, scrolling through the sub and mirin' all the fancy keysets and artisan caps that people had collected through the years. I spend a lot of time in front of computers so there was no reason to not buy myself a mechanical keyboard, go big or go home as they say. :cool:

Anyways, u/GenKan on r/mk was hosting a giveaway for a Ducky keychain and I always wanted to have one of those. All you had to do was to give one reason why you deserve it. I simply said that I don't own any fancy stuffs and that I'm still new to all of this, all I had was a CM rapid-i keyboard. He picked me and even sent me some (surprise) extras to help me out.

This is how I got my first artisan cap, a HKP armor cap! And I'm still so happy about it.
I'm aiming for hosting my own giveaway one day, particularly for newcomers so I can pass the favor.

I also got my very first Nub cap thanks to beehatch in her recent giveaway! It's still in the mail and I'll be sure to thank her one extra time when it arrives.
I've also been slowly amassing a collection, and I decided recently that I wanted to give back - and I recently accomplished my first keycap giveaway! The set-up was really goofy, but I believe that thread was just pure fun for everyone that joined in. The participant had to pick out a Jurassic Park t-shirt design for me as they submitted their entry. In the end, it was super fun and hopefully I can do one again in the future.

I've had my share of ****ty and toxic communities like MOBAs so this is something very new to me, a community where everyone isn't trying to screw you over. I'm sure I'll be around here for a very long time. <3
| ISO |

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:38:48 »
when i finally decided to take the plunge and start buying artisan keycaps, btctopre sold me my very first two for retail price.  still can't thank him enough, love that black and red crowned skull!  from the look of the posts on this thread, he seems to be a real MVP in the community!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:40:00 »
Dang, this is a tough one. Soooo many amazing people here that Ive had great experiences with..

Bro, you've cheered me up multiple times with some rare v1s and v2s. Talked about designing etc.. I got my daily Topre board from you and many topre tips for customization. Much love.

Nubs, youve always had my back with fresh cap designs. Though the most recent was when I was superr depressed from reptiles lame ass. You sent me my first kid robot who still sits next to my SSK. It reminds me daily that there are good people here.

Hipster, Youre my homie! We've chatted about random **** the most out of anyone, you always cheer me up and I love talking with you man. You know I appreciate everything youve done for me bro.

Skcheng, Weve had some great long conversations. Youre a super awesome guy that is down to earth and so friendly! I got my SSK, JD40, and multiple caps from you. Youre a great guy!

Sleepy, you hooked me up with a Bro a while back, you held on to it till I had a Topre board again and surprised me. Ill never forget the topre surprise!

Cody, Weve talked plenty about designing and you hooked me up with my GH60, I love it. We are ISO bros. Thanks man.

Glissant, you helped me with many V1s and I will never forget it, appreciate it man.

Bunny, where do I even start.. You always send **** to me and there are always tons of cool goodies. Youre a super super awesome dude.. Also, you have sleeves like me, youre the ****!

Thebinary, Ive chatted with you a ton man, I appreciate all the words weve exchanged and also all of the trades weve done to help eachother with our collections!

CPTbadass, you were one of the first to chat with me when I joined, we talked about music a ton. You are cool man, stay hard!

Spamray, you were another of the first to talk with me, You helped me when I first joined. Appreciate it all!

Hoff, your my MN buddy, I still havent gotten to meet you unfortunetly but I hope so soon! You have helped me in many ways!

Binge, You helped cheer me up with your awesome caps and I enjoyed them very much! Youre awesome.

JDCARPE! You have helped me with so many board and projects. Youve been nothing but kind to me since forever. Thanks buddy!

Naasfu, youve been super friendly since I can remember! Thanks for helping me and me as well to you with everything.

Oh man.. There are so so many.. Sorry if Im not listing, cant think of everything.. Some honorable mentions.. Sed, Booper, Atlas, Awful, Longzilla, Riot, Rowdy, eth0s, VESPERSAINT!<3, EPZY..

Thank you for everything, anyone who has been kind to me, chatted with me, helped me with trades, anything.. This forum has really helped me since I joined..
Thanks Bro for putting this on as well, good luck everyone!  :thumb:

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:42:39 »
I've really had nothing but great experiences with GH. The first thing that comes to mind is when btctopre was doing a giveaway for a free Topre ZomBro to those who were bro-less, and at the time I had zero artisans (and I legitimately had a hard time believe someone was actually doing this!), and I posted in the thread, and turns out, that's how I got my first bro! I really didn't expect to actually get anything, but that just really made me way too happy, and I can't thanks btctopre enough! Also, the geekhack Summer Santa exchange just happened, and I didn't get a package. Nubbs reached out to me and decided to help out, and so did others in the thread who I (also) can't thank enough! I've honestly never been part of a community with such generous people, and everyone here makes the community as great as it is today :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:54:16 by Rotaku »
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:54:43 »
When I stumbled upon geekhack I said "LOL look at these people drooling over somekind of rainbow keycaps.... HOLY **** THAT IRON MAN CAP IS SO COOL"
That's when I was instantly hooked. Not just that simple iron man keycaps but all metal things. Them korean customs are giving me fever dreams if you will, then I started looking at it more and more.

Then there was this giveaway of a metal keypuller by sleepy916.  I WON! This was the first time, I won something in the internet.
That when I realized, "wow there's nothing like this in my country or any dank websites I've gone through".

Shoutout to sleepy916 for the MKC keypuller that is still with me :)
Giveaway link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44677.0

FaceW in LZ-CE