Author Topic: ĦHola a todos!  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Peri

ĦHola a todos!
« on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:54:45 »
Hi everybody from Spain!

I can´t really remember how I found this place maybe half a year ago but, after all this time reading the useful info you add to the community I think I feel confortable now to make the move and start being a bit more participative on it  ;D

I was thinking on building a kb myself but I think my wallet isn´t ready for it yet  :'( so I will start for something a bit more basic (pre-built, at least).

Till that moment comes, I thought it is a good idea to introduce myself here as the newbie I am ATM.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: ĦHola a todos!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 17:56:06 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Welcome to the forums! What sort of basic, pre-built keyboards were you looking at?

Offline Peri

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:13:16 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Welcome to the forums! What sort of basic, pre-built keyboards were you looking at?

Thanks!

My ideal KB would be a 60% backlit MX ISO but they seem a bit hard to find nowadays.
I was about to build a GH60 but as I said can´t pay right now for all of it. So I am thinking right now a good starting point could be an ISO Pok3r where I would add the backlight by myself afterwards.

Offline skitty

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:20:38 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Thanks!

My ideal KB would be a 60% backlit MX ISO but they seem a bit hard to find nowadays.
I was about to build a GH60 but as I said can´t pay right now for all of it. So I am thinking right now a good starting point could be an ISO Pok3r where I would add the backlight by myself afterwards.

Wouldn't that also require swapping the keycaps out?

Offline Peri

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:35:47 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Thanks!

Yeah, clearly  ;D I´ll change them after adding the lights.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 18:38:31 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Thanks!

Hi, hello. Oi! The soldering sucking madness! Actually that sounds like a fun project. What kind of LED backlight were you thinking of using for your future ISO Pok3r?
Chris Schammert

Offline Peri

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 19:09:21 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Thanks!

Hi, hello. Oi! The soldering sucking madness! Actually that sounds like a fun project. What kind of LED backlight were you thinking of using for your future ISO Pok3r?

Hi! As I´ve seen on a couple of Pok3r mods, a bunch of 3.2V 3mm white leds could do the job. Am I wrong?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 19:22:30 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Thanks!

Hi! As I´ve seen on a couple of Pok3r mods, a bunch of 3.2V 3mm white leds could do the job. Am I wrong?
Well, I've yet to do any keyboard mods so I wouldn't know. I've read of various options for LEDs like sip sockets, SMDs, and what you're thinking about doing.  :)
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 20:05:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Using a few pre-built keyboards before building your own is probably a good idea.  You can get the feel of several switches (if you can try several keyboards), so that you can choose the most appropriate switch for your needs.

A Pok3r would be a great place to start!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 20:10:55 »
Bienvenidos a GeekHack!

Thanks!

That would do it.
Go flangeless, the regular 3mm ones do not fit snug