geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] ePBT 6085 | Shipping!

<< < (17/19) > >>

nu_types:
KBDfans informed me that production has completed for all but one of the kits. After they receive everything, they're going to QC things and start organizing fulfillment. I suspect this will take another month or two.

Meanwhile, Rama informed me at the end of May that production for the metal artisans should be complete in early July.

It seems as though that we're finally in the home stretch! Thank you for your patience everyone. I look forward to people finally getting their hands on the set  :).

nu_types:
If you ordered your set from KBDfans you may have received a shipping notification, or better yet, received your set! Yes, it's finally here :D.

I'd expect regional vendors to start shipping their orders in a month or so (once they receive their orders).

Now for the not so great news:

Rama informed me on Monday that they expect production to complete by early/mid July (to be fair this is in-line with the latest timeline they gave me). At which point they'll QC and start shipping the artisans to vendors. This unfortunately means that orders with Rama artisans will not ship from vendors until they receive their stock, but hopefully *knock on wood* most people will have their Rama caps by August.

Thanks again for your patience everyone. This GB took about twice as long as projected to deliver, but I'm very thankful to see that people are finally getting their hands on the set.

zekth:
Excellent!

thechemtrailkid:
Serika 2, Amethyst, and now this? Very nice.

nu_types:
Alright, I have a bit of mixed news:

After I saw some production Cyrillic kits in the wild, I noticed that the sublegend alignment on the scooped F and J keys looked noticeably off. I spoke with KBDfans, and they confirmed the issue with a set they had on hand. It seems that ePBT adjusted the design file to prevent interference when dyesubing the barred keys and used the same modified legends for the scooped keys in error. Fortunately, KBDfans has already gotten ePBT to agree to remaking the keys for replacement.

The Hiragana kit does not have this issue.

What's next:

If you purchased a Cyrillic set, contact KBDfans and they'll send you replacement scooped homing keys. If you purchased from another vendor they will likely wait until they've received the replacement keys to ship.

I'm waiting to hear back from KBDfans regarding a timeline, but hopefully since it's a small subset of impacted keys, it should be fast. I will keep everyone updated on this.

I'm sorry for any additional delay this may cause for your order, and for the numerous delays that this set has already had. I'm incredibly frustrated myself, and just want everyone to have what they paid for. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

That said, I do have good news. Rama received the metal artisans from the manufacturer and should be starting to ship them to vendors for fulfillment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version