Author Topic: Ayy lmao  (Read 2788 times)

Offline TheGreatAntlers

Ayy lmao
« on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 19:03:59 »
Hey all,

I just recently got into keyboards. It took me a bit to choose the right board, but I finally fell in love with whites, got myself a v60, and then some creamsicle caps and now I'm on the hunt for a dope ass artisan (in purple or orange) which has led me to finally make an account on here after just lurking about.

A bit about myself, I love long all things coffee, talking about coffee, drinking coffee, and last but most certainly not least, the making of coffee. Seriously, if you ever need to know anything about coffee, just ask.

Also, a quick shout out to my boy Joey Quinn for roping me into this ridiculous hobby.

-Antlers
Ayy Lmao

WTB/T: Dollys, Conspires, Ribbits, anything purple, coffee gear

WTS/T: Longboarding gear

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Ayy lmao
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 19:06:36 »
Welcome to geekhack.  Congrats on the recent acquisition as well.  There is a coffee excange thread, with all kinds of coffee related discussion in it.  Best advice I can give on artisan's, is to keep your eye out for upcoming sales, and don't get down if you miss out.

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 19:30:53 »
Oh god, coffee exchange...

This is going to get expensives
Ayy Lmao

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 19:43:12 »
Oh god, coffee exchange...

This is going to get expensives
Woohoo! always nice to meet another coffee fan! What's your preferred method of brewing? I tell everyone that the aeropress was pretty much the best $20 I ever spent on Amazon, after using that with beans 2-3 days from roast, everything else has started tasting sub-par.  It's made me try and find other good roasters within my city.  I like pourover too, I just can't find much time to spend doing it other than on the weekends, plus I'm still not really too efficient at it.  I really want to try my hand at chemex soon! Hope you enjoy your stay here, Joey Quinn is a real cool guy! :)
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:10:28 »
Aeropress, best 20 I have spent, bonavita variable, best 40. And I'm trying to find a good deal on an encore.

Chemex is ok, but its really just a nice looking glorified pour over cone. The filter is pretty cool, but I'd rather save the money and get a v60 or a Katalia.
Ayy Lmao

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 14:05:08 »
Sup mang!!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 16:16:53 »
Welcome to geekhack! If you happen to be from either of Joey's two "homes", I'm a *mere* 4 hours south or north.  :thumb:  just saying. In case you're ever bored.  :P

Oh and coffee's pretty cool.  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 02:44:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Coffee thread here, although I see that you seem to have found it already.  Still, for posterity :)

MX (presumably) Whites or clears?  There is occasionally a little confusion between the two.  MX clears are much more common, MX whites are much rarer.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 06:18:06 »
MX whites, heavy, clicky, and tactile :)

Took me forever to find a board I liked with em
Ayy Lmao

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 14:29:02 »
MX whites, heavy, clicky, and tactile :)

Took me forever to find a board I liked with em

The whites on the MA42 are ruining everyone in our hall. Ron want's whites now.  :))
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 14:43:54 »
Good luck finding em, what kind of board does he want?
Ayy Lmao

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 08:43:10 »
Welcome to geekhack! I've always wanted to try out MX whites.

I'd also highly recommend staying tuned with the artisan keycaps thread on trying to snag something nice. They come and go really fast. :eek:

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:10:14 »
gotta love them custom keycaps, so fun

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:39:12 »
I know (roughly) what I want in an artisan, but cant find anyone selling haha
Ayy Lmao

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:22:47 »
I know (roughly) what I want in an artisan, but cant find anyone selling haha

Just wait another month or so, collect another 3 posts, and you can create a WTB (want to buy) thread.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 14:38:01 »
Yup, my wallet can rest easy knowing I have a month to make a wtb post lol.

I did however just purchase a conspire which should be here soon :)
Ayy Lmao

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:34:26 »
Yup, my wallet can rest easy knowing I have a month to make a wtb post lol.

I did however just purchase a conspire which should be here soon :)

First artisan keycap?  You'll be amazed at how much detail can go into something so small :)

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:44:35 »
Yesss

And I can tell even from pictures, but also conspire is my favorite cap by far. With Katzens AXOL caps in a near second
Ayy Lmao

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:22:49 »
Aeropress, best 20 I have spent, bonavita variable, best 40. And I'm trying to find a good deal on an encore.

Chemex is ok, but its really just a nice looking glorified pour over cone. The filter is pretty cool, but I'd rather save the money and get a v60 or a Katalia.

Coworker has been telling me how good the aeropress is for ages - I think you might have finally pushed me over the edge!

Offline TheGreatAntlers

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 21:10:04 »
keep an eye on it on amazon but dont buy right now, it should drop like $5 in the next few days
Ayy Lmao