Author Topic: ᶠᶦᶰᶫᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵖᵒʳᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶦᶰ  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Sus

ᶠᶦᶰᶫᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵖᵒʳᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶦᶰ
« on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:29:54 »
Hello guys and gals!

Keeping it short; a long-time lurker, fairly new to the whole keyboard scene, used to own a Ducky Mini v2 w/ reds, until I screwed up by sending it to be repaired when one switch broke, never to be seen again. Oh well.

My days go by in an office block fiddling with AutoCAD and caressing my Cherry MX-Board 3.0, that I had to get to ease my pain after losing my dear little Mini. Absolutely loved the gargantuous aluminum frame around it, by the way.

Current project is a Pok3r with red backlighting, and the project is nearly ready! Meaning that I just ordered the keyboard, and have already made a ton of plans that can go wrong in a million ways. So, haven't even started tbh. I will post some pictures of my bitter failures, though! If you can understand my english, that is. Well, I'll post anyway. Yup.

I hope to see zounds of amazing group buys to waste my hard-earned money! See you around!

/Sus

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: ᶠᶦᶰᶫᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵖᵒʳᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶦᶰ
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 19:57:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The loss of a switch is not fatal to most mechanical keyboards.  If you still have the keyboard, you should be able to solder in a replacement switch to make it as good as new.

There are always plenty of group buys to spend your hard-earned money on ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sus

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:40:10 »
Thanks rowdy!

Dear lil' Ducky had half a year of warranty remaining, and the shop told me that they would send it to be repaired. Well, they got it a bit wrong.
Next week they asked me to come fetch a refund, since the item was no longer available and couldn't be replaced... Never got the keyboard back.

I've been using a Logitech K270, which isn't so bad for a dirt cheap kb, but damn it hurts to use this after coming home from work! ;D

2 more weeks til I get my pok3r :thumb:

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:41:59 »
Are people in Finland still obsessed with poker (esp. PLO and Chinese)?

Offline Sus

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:48:11 »
It was a moment's thrill, when people realized how much money the real pros were making online! I don't think I'd call it an obsession any more, but I have the impression that Finland is quite well represented in online poker tournaments.

It's part of the culture that we get really excited when someone from Finland is good at something, especially in sports... :D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 17:21:36 »
It was a moment's thrill, when people realized how much money the real pros were making online! I don't think I'd call it an obsession any more, but I have the impression that Finland is quite well represented in online poker tournaments.

It's part of the culture that we get really excited when someone from Finland is good at something, especially in sports... :D

Man I used to watch every Poker After Dark. Ziigmund and Patrick Antonius were sooooo sick and they made every game awesome.