Author Topic: Beer and Candy Corn.  (Read 50417 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Beer and Candy Corn.
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 17:38:07 »
You'll all have plenty of time and a pretty equal chance to grab one of these; no need to lose sleep...just don't go into a week long comma;)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sorry, couldn't resist

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline silat

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 17:52:17 »
Nobody knows when it starts for sure... hence why we are camping.

Camping will do you know good:) Its a lottery type sale.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline AriesX

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 17:57:03 »
Nobody knows when it starts for sure... hence why we are camping.

Camping will do you know good:) Its a lottery type sale.
How do you know? Can't someone just make more entries just by making extra emails?

Offline silat

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 17:58:28 »
I know because Mr Elite KB told me. <edit>
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:07:49 by silat »
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline AriesX

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:01:44 »
I know because Mr Elite KB told us.
He never mentioned it to be a lottery, he just said being on the newsletter was enough. This can mean anything.

Offline silat

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:06:30 »
I talked to him on the phone. You can too:)

Offline AriesX

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:07:42 »
Right, so he told you, not "us" =P

Offline silat

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:08:06 »
Right, so he told you, not "us" =P
I fixed my mistake:)

Offline metafour

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:16:26 »
Hopefully it doesn't happen tomorrow since it's election day.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:18:09 »
Hopefully it doesn't happen tomorrow since it's election day.

You'll all have plenty of time and a pretty equal chance to grab one of these; no need to lose sleep...just don't go into a week long comma;)

I think you're safe
Keyboardless

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:26:33 »
So last EK sale they were gone in 30 mins. This time 30 secs? Read through the last few pages of this thread. This is the stuff. Oh your tears, mmmpphhh uhhh. Sure Brian loves it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:30:02 by noisyturtle »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 18:41:48 »
From what EK has said in this thread, I have a feeling that either they have huge stock this time around, or they will dole them out slowly.  I'm thinking probably a bit of both, which means buying as an investment will not avail you.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:05:35 »
Maybe give out codes in the newsletter that you can redeem within 7 days, and any left overs go for general sale.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

As Rowdy refreshes both EK web page and email client ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:12:24 »
holy crap I had a dream that clickclacks were on sale. went on to elkb like i would everyday and my heart exploded

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:17:15 »
[...] and my heart exploded

So that's one less person in the queue ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:27:40 »
[...] and my heart exploded

So that's one less person in the queue ;)

haha i guess i wont be able to buy it even if I'm alive.. it's 930am in my country now.. most probably the time differences will screw me over

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:36:47 »
Apparently (hopefully) time zones will not play a part in this sale.

Hopefully.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:42:46 »
Apparently (hopefully) time zones will not play a part in this sale.

Hopefully.
That's good to hear, isn't it. Since usually everything is in the middle of the night for us.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:48:07 »
I say hopefully - a last, desperate hope gleaned from skimming through the six pages of this thread that seemed to have spring up overnight.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:53:11 »

It is this post that raises hope - as long as he did not underestimate the number of Geekhackers who are camping here.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 19:57:31 »
From the replies I would say we should be safe. :)
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:18:31 »
I'm hoping to pick up my first CC. I really like the black skull.

What time will they go on sale? Or better yet, how long from now?
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:31:23 »
Someone said Wednesday, but I don't know how authoritative that is.

The best estimate is "soon".

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:36:44 »
I'm hoping to pick up my first CC. I really like the black skull.

What time will they go on sale? Or better yet, how long from now?
Shh you, you already won the caps I wanted in the auction yesterday  :)) :))

But seriously, not sure anyone knows yet.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:42:22 »
I've never received an EK email either. what happen ?

Yeah, a little confused too. I thought I signed up for the newsletter a month or so ago but I've never gotten an email.. how do we know if we're on the mailing list for sure?

Offline metafour

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:45:02 »

Yeah, a little confused too. I thought I signed up for the newsletter a month or so ago but I've never gotten an email.. how do we know if we're on the mailing list for sure?

The last newsletter they sent out was in July. July 5th to be exact. Brian aka elitekeyboards posted earlier they haven't sent one in months due to being busy. Also, I don't believe they send a confirmation email when you signup.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:47:38 »
If you try to add your email address again it will tell you if you have done it already or not. That should be a good indication as to whether you're on the list or not.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 20:55:41 »

The last newsletter they sent out was in July. July 5th to be exact. Brian aka elitekeyboards posted earlier they haven't sent one in months due to being busy. Also, I don't believe they send a confirmation email when you signup.

I can't find a confirmation email in my mailboxes.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:01:22 »
Be cool

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #179 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:03:22 »
Shh you, you already won the caps I wanted in the auction yesterday  :)) :))

Haha, sorry I had to be so vicious with my bidding. I'd been looking for that set for months.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:10:26 »
Anyone still refreshing the page? I'm afraid if I miss this just for 5minutes they'll be gone and I've got to wait a few more months for this..

on another note.. looks like I may be saving $100 short this month(I HOPE)

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:13:33 »
I've now leaned that soon is relative.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:31:33 »
There's a reason why Soon TM is a thing...

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:38:03 »
There's a reason why Soon TM is a thing...

E ****ing A trade marked that first with BF3
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 21:39:10 »
I'm almost certain that started with WoW or City of Heroes a couple years before that.

Offline mickd

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:22:59 »
Yeah Soon (tm) is pretty much generally accepted as a Blizzard thing.

By the way, what are the sale rules like this time round? I can't see them anywhere? Like of course it's 1 of each skull per person, but how many skulls? Are topre and mx counted as the same skull?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:39:29 by mickd »

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:28:12 »
We find out the rules, soon. ;)

Offline mickd

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:39:53 »
Hopefully everyone will be too preoccupied with this to notice that CCnG set you wanted :P

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:42:56 »
Heh. Am wondering what I want more.. CC's or the set. Haha.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 02:47:33 »
For the super paranoid. Who am I kidding, that's all of you.
http://www.watchthatpage.com/

Offline trentva

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 08:37:58 »
beer is godly

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 12:31:18 »
For the super paranoid. Who am I kidding, that's all of you.

too bad i'm just regular paranoid ^^ they sure are taking their sweet time though!

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 15:14:40 »
mom can i have candy corn for dinner DAD CAN I HAVE SOME BEER

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 16:43:21 »
Since I have a test at 7pm EST tomorrow, and the hack orange sale was at 7pm EST when I was taking my previous test, I am willing to bet that tomorrow at 7pm many others will be purchasing Beer and Candy Corn, but not me.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 17:46:14 »
"Man that beer cap looks cool"

[30 dollars, limit 1]

:/
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 11:18:24 »
In stock within 2 business days has turned to 3? I assume something has gone wrong  :'(
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 11:20:47 »
In stock within 2 business days has turned to 3? I assume something has gone wrong  :'(

No, that just means that he can ship in 1-2 days. He still hasn't even opened the sale for them to even start shipping
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 12:49:15 »
I'm telling ya, 7pm tonight when my test starts I'll get screwed by more than just my test.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 12:52:13 »
I'm telling ya, 7pm tonight when my test starts I'll get screwed by more than just my test.

Pieces of plastic are definitely more important than school. The solution to this problem couldn't be any clearer. Just skip the test.....

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 12:58:46 »
yeah well most of the people in an other continent are pretty much screwed as well :p unless they'd be willing to sacrifice their sleep of course ^^ while not even knowing when the actual sale might occur :D I think it's 3am in my time zone when it's 7pm on your side :)
If I happen to be there when they start selling, fine I might take one, but to me, personally, it's not worth spending every minute of the day/night watching it :)