Author Topic: High quality japanese mouse pads on SALE  (Read 41577 times)

Offline ironman31

High quality japanese mouse pads on SALE
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 10:19:54 »
Quote from: 002;271880
Does anyone have the g2 u?
I stupidly ordered without checking the compatibility list and I'm using a logitech G9 so I'm a bit worried that my mouse isn't going to track properly on the surface.

I don't think the compatibility list means anything. The one for mine has an 'X' next to my mouse and it's working fine on the mouse pad.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline taswyn

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 12:52:21 »
I guess though, why not just use something like contact paper, and have it permanently affixed to your desk? I've even seen teflon topped contact paper, which I imagine would make a VERY nice mousing surface.

You *can* do that, but it only gives a very specific type of texture (what's referred to as "fast" on many gaming mouse pad lines, for obvious reasons). While this is wonderful if you like to make full arm gestures with your mouse and keep the settings at fairly low resolutions, it's not always quite so nice if you're trying to make more precise movements, since there's really no tactile feedback to the mouse as it moves on a very smooth surface.

This is where the texturized (is a words I swaers) mouse pads are so nice. It's a very consistent slightly (or very) rough texture that gives a nice amount of precise control as you're moving the mouse, so instead of feeling as if it's gliding across an oiled pan and will just keep going if you let go, it feels like you can tell exactly where you're going to be able to have it stop.

It has more to do with your body chemistry than your mouse. Especially given where the damage is. Some of us are what, in the Mac community, are called "pitters" -- the aluminum on palm rests of Mac portables is pitted by our body chemisty.

I'm not saying the advantages of a mouse pad don't exist for people, just that one of your reasons doesn't seem to be one of the advantages.

Yes, it's something to do with some people's sweat glands apparently, I've heard of it before. I think Vittra is right, though, it actually *is* a good reason to use a mouse pad, because depending on how you hold your mouse, you may have fingers dragging along the surface under it. It's also another reason to use a wrist rest (other than possibly helping prevent carpal tunnel--yes I know that can be debated, but if your wrist would otherwise be on the desk, a rest is going to be better generally ime--which should be plenty reason enough).

If you start having issues with contact paper you've put down, it's a lot harder to just pull it up and replace than a mouse pad with a rubberized bottom is. And *good* contact paper (super teflonized--shush I claims as a words toos--, etc) can be nearly as expensive as a (cheap, but even the good ones can be had on sale now and then) mouse pad. Of course... if you wanted to get a surface (teflon contact paper/etc) a support (cloth/etc) and a non-moving base (rubber/etc) and make a ~custom~ mouse pad, then comparative cost would probably be the last of the issues. Also... pics =P

Also, while contact paper and similar material will generally do the same, a mouse pad may be better for your mouse than a desk surface (especially if you use your desk for more than just writing-ish things, it would't surprise me to hear that some of you solder/etc at your desks =P ) for wear on the mouse's teflon feet. Yes those can be replaced, and no it's not terribly expensive... but neither is a mouse pad, and imo replacing the mice feet is annoying by comparison, especially if you're picky about duplicating the factory-new feel.

^.^ I'm not campaigning to get anyone to use mouse pads (or especially these, since I've never tried them), it's VERY much a personal thing imo, just like keyboard switches, but that's some perspective on reasons you may want to try one if you do use mice. Now, if you're using mice as a power source instead of a HID, you probably want a pad for those too, but a different type and for different reasons D:  (eww)

Offline polygon

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 18:35:09 »
Yea... I am currently using my desk (my old mouse pad is worn out) and because I used my desk which is kind of rough wood, two of the "slidey" pads on my mouse came off :frown:

Offline xelos

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 19:35:53 »
How long did the delivery phase take for you guys?

Ordered over a week ago, received the tracking code via e-mail but they gave me a 12-character code when the actual code should be 13-characters long. E-mailed them ages ago asking for the right tracking code but no reply so I'm just waiting in the dark.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 03 January 2011, 20:25:37 »
I ordered on a tuesday and it arrived on that friday.

And I just found out that the mousepad is also very good for keeping my CST Trackball on. I had had problems with dust getting under the rubber feet and slide around. I would constantly have to pick it up and wipe off the feet. But now it'll just stay in place on top of the mat.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 January 2011, 21:28:40 by ironman31 »
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline xelos

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 18:51:34 »
Grr... These guys aren't even replying to e-mails and the pad still isn't here. Probably the first and last time I buy from these guys.

Offline polygon

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 19:06:16 »
Well I ordered a week ago (night of the 27th I think) and it was shipped the 28th. Arrived in my city (Vancouver, Canada) the 31st and was stuck in customs. Here in Canada 1st is a Holiday (guessing it's the same there) and sunday the post doesn't run, plus monday was a bank holiday. Today it went out of customs and it still wasn't delivered for whatever reason, but hopefully tomorrow.

Maybe yours is also taking time because of prolonged 3 day weekend for postmen or its stuck in customs... I dunno. I hope they contact you back. They were great and shipped uber fast for me, only complaint is damn Canada Post.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 19:13:52 »
I've got this Wallace & Gromit mouse pad that I like to use. My desk isn't entirely even and has got bumps and things in it, but this mouse pad has lots of foam underneath and gives me a nice, smooth tracking surface, which is good when using a ball mouse.

The main reason why I use ball mice is they track on more surfaces. Optical mice can get a little jumpy on some mouse pads while ball mice don't care.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 19:24:33 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;273247
****ty, first generation optical mice from the early 2000's can get a little jumpy on some mouse pads while ball mice don't care.

^fixed.

Got my pad today, the g2, which is supposedly only compatible with like 4 mice. Works with my ancient Dell work mouse [M056UOA] so it better work with my G9.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 19:28:36 »
I figured that optical mice got better over the years. But nobody throws new ones out.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 January 2011, 19:05:29 by microsoft windows »
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline taswyn

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 11:31:46 »
while ball mice don't care.

while ball mice randomly decide to just stop working entirely for various reasons

Fixed for me D:

I've had ball mice fail to track on a number of surfaces before, even after cleaning the rollers =X Some just don't seem to be "grippy" enough for smoother surfaces if the rollers aren't turning very smoothly anymore and the ball slides across them instead of being turned =/

Of course, neither optical nor ball mice are particularly fond of cat hair, but at least with optical it's easy to just clean the lens quickly.

Offline BlueRain

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 12:04:06 »
Anyone got theirs yet? Still waiting for people who ordered two to sell one. :)

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 14:11:34 »
I got mine extra fast, took only 4 days! These guys are fast! I ordered three medium pads, two soft and one hard :) Three more on the way, har har. My friends love them :)
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline laden3

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 15:55:10 »
still waiting for mine -_-, they didn't send me any tracking number...
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline polygon

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 16:33:34 »
got mine today - the KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD. VERY relieved that the colour looks nice. I thought it would be fairly blue, their product images probably use flash photography and make it look like a fairly bright blue hue. Ironman31's post was much more accurate, but I still find it a little less bright than in his photo. In person it's a navy (dark) blue, and I love it.

Most people have said most that you need to know - come on it's a MOUSEPAD there isn't much to talk about - but I like it very much and it is much higher quality than the other ones I've used. I guess only time will tell on durability and cleaning.

Also, now at the next LAN I attend I'll be able to go: "hey look at my new mousepad, it's JAPANESE. *****." :whistle:

Offline laden3

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 17:15:21 »
how many e-mails did u guys receive for this purchase? I received only 1 from paypal and that's all... not even a tracking number or confirmation...
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 January 2011, 17:45:19 by laden3 »
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline xelos

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 17:25:44 »
They took about 3 days with the confirmation e-mail for me.

Offline laden3

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 17:47:49 »
did u get a 2nd or other e-mails after receiving the receipt from paypal?
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline xelos

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 18:28:26 »
Yeah, the confirmation e-mail with the tracking code. They gave me the wrong code though and I'm still waiting for them to reply with the correct one.

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 19:42:15 »
Sounds like you guys are having more trouble than I did.
I got email from an 'Eriko' less than a day after ordering with tracking number and had no problems at all.

Offline riggs

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 20:02:11 »
Do these guys carry mousepads with a palm rest?

Offline laden3

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 22:00:26 »
I think I ordered it during the wrong time of the year... 1st of Jan, I checked the Japanese holidays, if I am unlucky, they probably will go back to work on the 6th -_-
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 05 January 2011, 22:04:49 »
Quote from: laden3;273858
if I am unlucky, they probably will go back to work on the 6th -_-

Now that you mention that, I had made a separate order for something completely unrelated to this and I only recieved a (very apologetic) response on the 4th indicating that most shops in Japan were closed between 31st and 4th/5th.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 03:50:18 »
Speaking of the artisans has anyone mentioned the wear period on them? Or are the pads so new to the market that no one has worn them out yet.

Also any reviews on the g2? I keep seeing it mentioned as "glass or hyper glass" is it like the Icemat/Experience I-1/2?

Offline J888www

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 08:59:06 »
Ordered two Med-Blue-Hard surface, it arrived within two Days, was quite surprised/amazed by EMS as I was expecting other items (LED Flashlights/Paracord yarns/M518/Blackberry) and didn't expect the mouse pads. Ordered it just before my thread in regard to Ripster's mouse cord holder and it arrived last Tuesday Morning.

It's very good. Far smoother than my SteelSeries cloth, far less scratchy than my Custom FUNC Machine billeted Aluminium and at such a price. Although the Shipping was $25, I expected the cost when I opted to purchase. These two Kai g3 have retired both my FUNC and SteelSeries. Will purchased two more  but this time in "Small-Red-Soft", but unfortunately are out of stock so need to wait.
There's not much more to add, just buy it if you need a mouse pad, it's a better buy than any other pads on the market atm.

PS: May not wait and just purchase the only small g3 available, as I quite like this particular hard surface, I found the SteelSeries to be a little too spongie in comparison.
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline xelos

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 17:59:15 »
Still hasn't arrived today and still no contact. I think I will reverse the paypal transaction tonight if I don't hear back from them.

Offline laden3

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 06 January 2011, 18:33:16 »
They accepted my $$ on the 4th of Jan, so, I assume that they went back to work on the 5th (in Japan). I am going to wait until the 10th of Jan. Alternatively, you can buy from amazon. I just checked.... a lot of new stuffs popped up, they definitely just finished their holiday -_-
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline laden3

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 04:22:26 »
Just got an e-mail, the thing was shipped...
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 14:29:17 »
I just ordered two of these myself. One g3 hard medium blue and one g3 soft medium red. Will have to see myself if I like either of them over Steelseries SX or Qck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline xelos

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 19:53:13 »
My mousepad finally arrived today.

Item was packed very well (hard spine envelope in bubblewrap) The mousepad is high quality and after using it for a few hours I prefer it over steelseries qck.

Only con was the poor communication with GUP and the high shipping cost.

Offline BlueRain

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 20:36:08 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;274737
I just ordered two of these myself. One g3 hard medium blue and one g3 soft medium red. Will have to see myself if I like either of them over Steelseries SX or Qck.

Which one do you like more? and why? (500 words)

Offline phillip

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 21:30:54 »
im too cheap to spend that much on shipping

Offline xelos

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 07 January 2011, 21:40:12 »
That's what I thought until I realized how overpriced razer and steelseries **** were. Even with the shipping cost it was still much cheaper picking up one of these instead. Based in New Zealand here where gaming mouse pads are around $50-90, paid $27 including shipping for one of these.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 08 January 2011, 02:43:01 »
Quote from: BlueRain;274956
Which one do you like more? and why? (500 words)

I like the surface of the SX better because it has less friction than the Qck. I usually do all my gaming on the SX because of this. I have to wipe the surface 2-3 times a week to keep it clean and if I'm feeling lazy, I'll just use my Qck for a while.

The thing I prefer on the Qck is that it's so smooth and there's no sound coming from moving the mouse, whereas I can definitely hear the movement of the mouse on the SX. So if I'm not gaming or listening to music, I always use the Qck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline BlueRain

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 January 2011, 03:37:56 »
I meant the soft version vs. the hard. :)

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 08 January 2011, 06:28:07 »
Misunderstood that then. I haven't received them yet. I'll post my thoughts on both when I do, but it might take a while since I just ordered last night right before I posted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline phillip

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 January 2011, 06:50:04 »
Quote from: xelos;274972
That's what I thought until I realized how overpriced razer and steelseries **** were. Even with the shipping cost it was still much cheaper picking up one of these instead. Based in New Zealand here where gaming mouse pads are around $50-90, paid $27 including shipping for one of these.

Understandable.  I guess getting 2 pads for $41.30 isn't too terribly bad, and worth a shot...it just sucks when shipping is more than the cost of the items :(

Ordered 1 large red ARTISAN KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD and 1 large red ARTISAN KAI.g3 HIEN - SOFT since nothing else was available in large :/

Offline NimbleRabit

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 January 2011, 13:05:45 »
I'm curious if anybody in the US wants to share some shipping costs on these things.  We could get a few of us together and have them all shipped to somebody, who in turns could ship them out through cheaper usps shipping.

I know I should probably just go ahead and get one, but somehow I'm just not willing to double the product price for shipping.

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 January 2011, 13:57:02 »
Paid on December 30, still no mousepad nor any email from them.

Offline wap32

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 09 January 2011, 21:23:38 »
Similar situation, paid on January 6, no contact from them yet.

Offline fireglow

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 01:05:04 »
Just got my tracking number, paid on January 6th.

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 01:16:03 »
Contacted them by mail and asked whats up 4 days ago, no reply.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 04:42:23 »
I ordered and paid for 3 more mousepads on January 5th, no contact.
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Lanx

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 06:04:36 »
you guys do know japan had a week off, and are probably just now getting back to business as usual.

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 13 January 2011, 08:10:04 »
I just got my tracking number for two pads last night. Paid them on January 7th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 03:46:15 »
Got the tracking number today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 09:42:48 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;277826
I just got my tracking number for two pads last night. Paid them on January 7th.

My mousepads just arrived to Finland this afternoon. That was quick - about 28 hours after they registered the package in Japan. I have to wait till Monday for the package to actually arrive tho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 11:44:57 »
It seems it takes them a while to process the order, but once you have your confirmation it arrives quite quickly. My order was placed on the 1st and confirmation was on the 12th... I wouldn't be surprised if I see them on Monday.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline PikachuDX

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 14 January 2011, 12:58:07 »
16g4&6[W3RzKZP{dvGl$2i[)-pN0U4Kb7{x_!qgmzTeJ5MsMQ;
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 05:35:48 by PikachuDX »

Offline phillip

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 10:48:14 »
Ordered mine on the 6th, didn't get any confirmation or shipping email, but I did get the mousepads today :D