Author Topic: High quality japanese mouse pads on SALE  (Read 41492 times)

Offline CephalicCarnage

High quality japanese mouse pads on SALE
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 19:08:22 »
The stitching around the edges is a nice touch.  I suspect it will hold up for quite long.  However, after testing mine for about a month, I went back to a hard plastic mat and enjoy the slick glide much more.

Currently testing steelseries 4HD.
Think I may buy a Vespula next.
Filco Tenkeyless "Otaku" (Blue), Leopold Tenkeyless "Otaku" (Brown), Leopold Tenkeyless (Blue), Goldtouch GTC-0077 Numeric Pad (Brown)
In the mail: HHKB Pro2 White/Gray

WTB: G80-8113HRBUS-2 with Clear switches

Offline awry

• The Discerning Hobbyist
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 13:04:34 »
I have the k3 hard as well as the new shiden in white. lucky shipping to my country is relatively cheaper. If what you're looking for is smooth and fast gliding, the HDs from SS are better. Artisan has better control though. And the K3's grip is freaking amazing. I have no idea what they use for their bottoms but if you push the mat diagonally, most likely your desktop would move instead of the pad.

The shidens, you have to wear them in. When you first get them, they are like sandpaper. And not in a good way. You can probably hear your mousefeet crying while breaking the mats in. Once broken in they are smoother than the K3s but still not as smooth as the HDs. Also, the grip they use for shiden are not the same as the K3s.

But for either mat, you can feel the quality from them. The corners of the K3s do bite though. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, @Cephalic, don't bother with the Vespula. I have that as well. Big mistake. Waste of money. It's the exact mat and the rest isn't as comfortable as you think. but you really want something like that. Get the Roccat aluminic. That is one sweet looking mat.
World’s Biggest Nerd and Star Wars Fan.

You can reach me here: knotnuffspace@gmail.com or @the.discerning.hobbyist on Instagram.

Old Sig below from before the 10 years hiatus and still relevant today:

It may take me one day, it may take me one week, It may take me a whole year if it slips my mind by chance, but I ALWAYS reply all my messages. Just please be patient. My work can get very busy at times. Drop me a reminder if it takes too long. Thanks guys.

Offline explicit

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 14:00:57 »
So, i got myself two of these pads about the same time as i bought my Cherry MX boards. 2 months later the fabric has been collecting skin, fat/oil etc from my hand and if i scratch the surface with a nail or something similar it turns from blue to a more white-ish color in the area where my bare hand would be resting.

HOW would i go about cleaning the mousepad? Only pad i've owned before this one was a func mat that was plastic, so im new to the whole fabric/foam mats.

Suggestions?

Offline phillip

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 14:19:04 »
scrub more when you shower :)

Offline awry

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 16:51:09 »
@explicit What in the world do you do with your mouse pads?? haha

You can reach me here: knotnuffspace@gmail.com or @the.discerning.hobbyist on Instagram.

It may take me one day, it may take me one week, It may take me a whole year if it slips my mind by chance, but I ALWAYS reply all my messages. Just please be patient. My work can get very busy at times. Drop me a reminder if it takes too long. Thanks guys.

Offline CephalicCarnage

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 17:46:41 »
Thanks for the tip awry!

Quote from: explicit;322875
So, i got myself two of these pads about the same time as i bought my Cherry MX boards. 2 months later the fabric has been collecting skin, fat/oil etc from my hand and if i scratch the surface with a nail or something similar it turns from blue to a more white-ish color in the area where my bare hand would be resting.

HOW would i go about cleaning the mousepad? Only pad i've owned before this one was a func mat that was plastic, so im new to the whole fabric/foam mats.

Suggestions?

Copy/pasted from their facebook page:

How to wash KAI.g2 U / KAI.g3 HIEN

by Artisan gaming mouse pad on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 2:29pm

It is possible to wash out the Mousepad by yourself.  

First, place the Mousepad on flat, so you could soak it evenly in clean
water.

1. Soak the Mousepad in slightly heated water.  do not bend the Mousepad
at the same time.

2. Place diluted detergent where you wish to clean.(It would be the best
if you use sensitive care detergents.)
    Then, gently, stroke the dirty surface with your palm.

3. Wash out detergent cleanly with lukewarm water.  Repeat the processes
if it is necessary.

4. Swab dribbled water with towels or other materials that could soak up
moisture.

5. Put the Mousepad on towels or some others flatly.  The table should
be very flat and away from direct sunlights.

Depends on the weather condition or temperature, it should be dried out
within 2-3 hours.
Filco Tenkeyless "Otaku" (Blue), Leopold Tenkeyless "Otaku" (Brown), Leopold Tenkeyless (Blue), Goldtouch GTC-0077 Numeric Pad (Brown)
In the mail: HHKB Pro2 White/Gray

WTB: G80-8113HRBUS-2 with Clear switches

Offline awry

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 21:51:21 »
Think i shall wait for someone to try it out first before washing mine.. =]

Offline applescript

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 22:47:52 »
Just got my KAI.g3 HIEN Value Edition! But I dont like the noise it produces when you drag the mouse.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2011, 23:29:47 by applescript »
Topre Realforce 86UB | IBM Model M 1391401 | IBM Model M Industrial 82G2383 | IBM Model M Space Saver 1391472 | Unicomp Endurapro

Offline ironman31

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 21:23:46 »
I will try this out and post back results
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 02:08:08 »
Is their website still up? The english link is not available, and I can't read japanese enough to know what's going on.

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 04:49:43 »

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 11:26:55 »
I also saw these mouse pads on Amazon.

Offline Bilbin

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 21:02:32 »
I'm still waiting for an XL version.
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Clickey

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 27 September 2011, 01:14:08 »
Dead link for me, can someone repost? Thanks.

Edit: Nm I see Ceesa's now a couple pages ago
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 September 2011, 19:45:52 by Clickey »
"we are on Geekhack not Lazy****" - The Solutor

Offline ironman31

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 27 September 2011, 17:37:00 »
Quote from: Clickey;421903
Dead link for me, can someone repost? Thanks.
CeeSa's didn't work?
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution