Author Topic: AEKII spacebar sticking on left side?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline linuxleah

AEKII spacebar sticking on left side?
« on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 00:38:25 »
I've run into situations where an AEK II space bar will, if pressed down on the left hand side with enough force, get stuck in the down position and refuse to bounce back up. Sometimes, I've mitigated this with a rubber spacer between the PCB and plate in the appropriate spot under the space bar; sometimes, simply pressing down hard on the right hand side and wiggling a little bit will restore normalcy.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

If so, what is the best solution?

The stabiliser wire, little vertical plastic stab (on the left side of the key), and weird plastic "bracket" stab (on the plate under said left side), are all installed.

It almost looks as though the stabiliser system was designed to allow for a small spring between the vertical stab on the key and the bracket stab on the plate... might that help?

Offline linuxleah

Re: AEKII spacebar sticking on left side?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 11:31:57 »
Bump...

Surely I am not the only person who has noticed this sensitivity in the AEK II spacebar stabiliser system?

Offline linuxleah

Re: AEKII spacebar sticking on left side?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:29:44 »
Update: The issue was the adhesive left over from pads at left and right of the spacebar. Cover or remove the adhesive, and no more stickiness. The issue was that the left stab was hitting the adhesive. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:35:50 by linuxleah »