Author Topic: Rosewill RK-9000 (Cherry MX Blue)  (Read 2018 times)

Offline PiERiT

• Trade Count: (0)
Rosewill RK-9000 (Cherry MX Blue)
« on: Sat, 01 January 2011, 13:58:16 »
I am selling my Rosewill RK-9000. I've had it for about a month, so it's in great condition with the original box.

Just recently, it's started registering keys twice (T E S and O, if it matters). It's completely random, nearly impossible to reproduce, and rarely happens. But, it happens enough to annoy me to no end, so I'm selling it. Apparently this is normal for Rosewills, or mech keyboards in general? I don't know, but I had to mention it. (For the record, it happened once while typing this post.)

I'd return it to Newegg, where I purchased it from, but they want to knock off $40 because I no longer have the "free" headset that was included. The below price is assuming this is a normal occurrence. If it's not, feel free to yell at me and I'll just return it.

Asking $75 and shipping to the lower 48. Shipping would be about $10 for Parcel Post, $15 for Priority.

You can view my eBay feedback here. I can sell it to you through eBay if you'd like, for peace of mind, but you would have to pay the fees.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 January 2011, 15:06:57 by PiERiT »

Offline ynih

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 January 2011, 04:43:01 »
Does this happen on every computer or just the one you've tried? also through USB or PS/2? or both? If it's happened on all of the above, it might be better to return it or get it repaired, as Newegg can probably sort you right and get you a working one to sell instead.
Keyboards: (2) FKBN87MC/EB | (2) FKBN87M/EB | (1) FKBN87ML/EB | (1) FKBN87Z/EB | (1) FKBN104M/AI | (1) FKBN104MC/AI | (1) FKB104M/EB | (1) RK-9000 | (1) RF 86U SE05C0 all 45g modded | (1) HHKB 2 Pro PD-KB400W

Offline PiERiT

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 January 2011, 23:11:16 »
Does this happen on every computer or just the one you've tried? also through USB or PS/2? or both?

Every computer. I don't have an adapter to test PS/2; I suppose I'll buy one and see.

If it's happened on all of the above, it might be better to return it or get it repaired, as Newegg can probably sort you right and get you a working one to sell instead.

I hadn't thought of that. I will likely do that if the adapter doesn't fix it. Would you be interested in purchasing it if I did that?