geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3369/3392) > >>

dankthropod:
If I where to buy an IBM model M, how will I be able to use it in my daily driver machine? Are there any open source drivers for linux?

fohat.digs:
You shouldn't need any "drivers" - it is and has been the standard keyboard for decades.

You will probably need to adapt the PS/2 cable (aka mini-DIN6) to USB, unless you are buying a Unicomp Model M which can be bought with native USB.

dankthropod:
Thank you!

blahsd:
Are you aware of any 60% case which is layered aluminum and plastic (acrylic / pbt / doesn't matter)?

I'm looking for parts for a 60% super portable keyboard which must have Bluetooth. I have seen a few cases (such as this: https://kprepublic.com/products/anodized-aluminium-3-layers-acclive-angle-case-for-custom-mechanical-keyboard-black-siver-grey-colorway-for-gh60-xd60-xd64) made of aluminum with an acrylic layer for underglow diffusion purposes. I would figure that this would be useful to improve BT connectivity, although the one I linked seems very small to make a concrete difference.

I would be very happy with: aluminum/plastic layers, aluminum frame and plastic bottom-plate, aluminum front and plastic insert in the back or on the sides, or any combination of the above. In short, anything that looks good and gives a nice aesthetic / feel to the keyboard, while letting the signal through.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Leopard223:

--- Quote from: blahsd on Mon, 13 December 2021, 09:21:34 ---Are you aware of any 60% case which is layered aluminum and plastic (acrylic / pbt / doesn't matter)?

I'm looking for parts for a 60% super portable keyboard which must have Bluetooth. I have seen a few cases (such as this: https://kprepublic.com/products/anodized-aluminium-3-layers-acclive-angle-case-for-custom-mechanical-keyboard-black-siver-grey-colorway-for-gh60-xd60-xd64) made of aluminum with an acrylic layer for underglow diffusion purposes. I would figure that this would be useful to improve BT connectivity, although the one I linked seems very small to make a concrete difference.

I would be very happy with: aluminum/plastic layers, aluminum frame and plastic bottom-plate, aluminum front and plastic insert in the back or on the sides, or any combination of the above. In short, anything that looks good and gives a nice aesthetic / feel to the keyboard, while letting the signal through.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--- End quote ---
Not idea about Alu and BT connectivity, but you said you want it super portable and must have BT, an alu case will be quite heavy to walk around it.
If you're okay with a cheap 65% with a plastic case you can take a look at the tester 68, I havn't used it and it's quite new so I have no idea about reliability.

It's dirt cheap, super basic 65% with the common poker type of plastic case design, hot swap, no RGB, and has BT connectivity, actually BT connectivity is the only connection is has, no USB port.
I personally find that okay as it runs on 2 aaa batteries, so you always take 2 spare with you when the 80h acclaimed battery life runs out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version