geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3370/3392) > >>

DrowningRice:
Where can I buy mechanical switch stems? I could find springs on Ali Express, but I can't seem to find stems on its own (excluding the DROP ones which suck).

Leopard223:

--- Quote from: DrowningRice on Sun, 26 December 2021, 12:29:05 ---Where can I buy mechanical switch stems? I could find springs on Ali Express, but I can't seem to find stems on its own (excluding the DROP ones which suck).

--- End quote ---
Not sure what stems are you looking for, and I'm not sure how important is the stem but at this point your cheapest option would be getting a Gateron pack from AliExpress, it's as cheap as it gets.

Beebal:
What size and hardness o-ring should I get if I am aiming to utilize the gummy o-ring mount / friction fit, and will I need to buy new clip-in stabilisers? The keyboard I am getting for it is the KBD67 Lite, and it is 65% with 2.25u left shift, and the stabilisers that come with it are screw-in.

dboy:
Hello!

I am new to mechanical keyboards so be kind...  :)
I have a KBParadise V60 with Gateron Mini switches.
Does anyone know if I can open the case, desolder the old switches and fit a new switch-setup in there? For example Kailh, MX or similar.

Leopard223:

--- Quote from: Beebal on Mon, 27 December 2021, 09:51:39 ---What size and hardness o-ring should I get if I am aiming to utilize the gummy o-ring mount / friction fit, and will I need to buy new clip-in stabilisers? The keyboard I am getting for it is the KBD67 Lite, and it is 65% with 2.25u left shift, and the stabilisers that come with it are screw-in.

--- End quote ---
How do you plan to implement the o-ring? I own the KBD67 lite and I don't think it will work due to the case design, looking at renders also doesn't show any promise.
Do you have examples?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version