Author Topic: [IC] GMK Café (Group Buy Starts on October 1st!)  (Read 133644 times)

Offline okidna

Re: [IC] GMK Café (Pricing Released)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 17:41:43 »
I think the mod and accent-colored spacebars are 6.25u and 7.00u, so the only 6.00u spacebars are cream.  Makes sense that one is center-mount and one is offset.

Also, I think the two cream-colored 1Us in the 40s kit are convex.

Show Image

You're right, thank you for the corrections.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 August 2019, 17:50:23 by okidna »

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 02:54:06 »
So I didn't see any renders of the black alphas with anything, so I did a super janky photoshop to see what it would look like. One with the matching black spacebar and one with the accent spacebar. Since I already made it, figured I'd share in case anyone else was wondering. These are NOT OFFICIAL, and I'm not trying to steal anyone's images, just trying to be helpful. Enjoy!

224203-0
224205-1

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 11:17:36 »
So I didn't see any renders of the black alphas with anything, so I did a super janky photoshop to see what it would look like. One with the matching black spacebar and one with the accent spacebar. Since I already made it, figured I'd share in case anyone else was wondering. These are NOT OFFICIAL, and I'm not trying to steal anyone's images, just trying to be helpful. Enjoy!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Damn, I didn't think it would look this good :O
This is a signature.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 11:43:35 »
Not a bad Photoshop job at all! I think the dark alphas are the way to go!

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 04:31:59 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I came buckets

Offline Namelessi

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 05:54:50 »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:05:47 »
Show Image

The problem is that GMK's MOQ on child kits is 100.  Unless the set is on Drop, the international kits don't make it - and sometimes they just barely pass MOQ there.  I wish it wasn't like that, but that's where we are.

Offline ViciousVerbivore

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:06:05 »
Coffee is my other big indulgence apart from mechanical keyboards, and I'm super-excited for this set's GB.  :thumb:

However, I do think that this set may benefit from some restructuring to the kits, mainly because of the following two reasons:
1. Including the basic ISO support in the main kit would likely boost interest among the EU audience (especially since a EU proxy is already confirmed)
2. There already are a significant number of GMK kits with L9-colored alphas, and uniform RAL 8019 for the base kit would make this more unique, and also better represent the coffee theme (Nines, Metropolis and Dots, have all been extremely successful recently with a single base color for alphas and mods)

With the reworked kits, I think there would be wider appeal as more buyers would be able to get in on this unique colorway with the purchase of just one or two kits in most cases (for example, the additional spacebar kit would be required only for functional, and not aesthetic reasons). Of course, how this would affect pricing is not something I can comment on, but I'm hoping the changes would also mean that most people need to spend less overall to achieve the look they're after.

Most significantly, however, since this is an IC for Langelandia's vision, and as there is a possibility that what I'm suggesting may go completely against it, I apologize in advance if this is a completely irrelevant opinion.

So, finally, here's what I think the kits should look like (Please forgive the poor editing skills that I employed on the original kit images from the first post)

224451-0 224453-1 224455-2
224457-3 224459-4 224461-5
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:07:54 by ViciousVerbivore »

Offline Langelandia

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:23:15 »
Coffee is my other big indulgence apart from mechanical keyboards, and I'm super-excited for this set's GB.  :thumb:

However, I do think that this set may benefit from some restructuring to the kits, mainly because of the following two reasons:
1. Including the basic ISO support in the main kit would likely boost interest among the EU audience (especially since a EU proxy is already confirmed)
2. There already are a significant number of GMK kits with L9-colored alphas, and uniform RAL 8019 for the base kit would make this more unique, and also better represent the coffee theme (Nines, Metropolis and Dots, have all been extremely successful recently with a single base color for alphas and mods)

With the reworked kits, I think there would be wider appeal as more buyers would be able to get in on this unique colorway with the purchase of just one or two kits in most cases (for example, the additional spacebar kit would be required only for functional, and not aesthetic reasons). Of course, how this would affect pricing is not something I can comment on, but I'm hoping the changes would also mean that most people need to spend less overall to achieve the look they're after.

Most significantly, however, since this is an IC for Langelandia's vision, and as there is a possibility that what I'm suggesting may go completely against it, I apologize in advance if this is a completely irrelevant opinion.

So, finally, here's what I think the kits should look like (Please forgive the poor editing skills that I employed on the original kit images from the first post)

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Hey! this is super thought out and intriguing. Let me have a chat or two and marinate on the idea. I'm looking to finalize kits and everything to have a final update on 9.1 and I much appreciate the work on it.

Stay tuned =)

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 07:42:05 »
Really excited for this set.  Very slick look.   Can't wait.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #260 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 17:28:07 »
I mean it's just a copy/rerun of GMK White on Black except you've changed some of the colors.  I'm in anyway.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Captain Shwah

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 18:24:36 »
I mean it's just a copy/rerun of GMK White on Black except you've changed some of the colors.  I'm in anyway.

What you just described makes this the opposite of a copy or rerun...

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Café (Pricing Released)
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 21:44:57 »
Frankly it makes no sense to me that we remove the numpad keys AND THEN add the ISO ones into the base kit. Seems rather half-ass, if cost-saving is the main goal here.

Either go full typical base kit or remove both numpad + ISO.

Personally, I think making the base kit as cheap as possible is a much more effective way to bring in newcomers to this hobby.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 August 2019, 21:47:21 by nguyenhimself »

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 12:02:27 »

Hey! this is super thought out and intriguing. Let me have a chat or two and marinate on the idea. I'm looking to finalize kits and everything to have a final update on 9.1 and I much appreciate the work on it.

Stay tuned =)
I very much agree with this. Include iso UK in the base set and I'm all in.

Remove it altogether and it's just another set that I'll sadly have to skip.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 12:16:30 »

Stay tuned =)

So, you won't buy the set even if ISO is a separate kit?

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 12:21:32 »

Stay tuned =)

So, you won't buy the set even if ISO is a separate kit?
I would buy the set still if it's separate, and just pray it will hit MOQ.

I don't agree with making the base set full brown. I like the brown and white base set more and I think most would agree.

Offline jonowarren94

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 13:49:35 »
Would love ISO UK in the base, but happy to buy the as is sugar kit too.

Personally I prefer the different coloured alphas and mods in base.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 14:57:27 »
I would buy the set still if it's separate, and just pray it will hit MOQ.

I don't agree with making the base set full brown. I like the brown and white base set more and I think most would agree.

Gotcha. I misread that :)

I also prefer the contrast of alphas and mods.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 15:21:35 »
full brown base kit would be hard pass.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 03:20:05 »
Eeewwww full brown base kit  :-X Hell no.
Few will want a full brown kit. And any who want a full cream one will just go for GMK Minimal.
I'm still for taking the ISO keys out for maximum buyer appeal.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 August 2019, 03:22:17 by nguyenhimself »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 15:01:01 »
Few will want a full brown kit. And any who want a full cream one will just go for GMK Minimal.

While it’d be nice if this set was purely catered to your specific use case, ISO users do exist! If the extra $4 is too much for you, maybe look for another hobby?

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 15:41:55 »

There are a whole bunch of people in the MK UK discord server who are in love with this set, but only interested if we can have full UK ISO support.

It's very rare among us in the UK that the overwhelming majority love a set, and I genuinely think you will have a lot of extra base kits sold in the UK if you include UK ISO keys in base. We have actually gone to GMK for quotes on base sets with ISO vs without and it is going to be a roughly $4 difference to the price. That price difference will not sway anyone if they like the colourway and if you think it does, then you do not understand economics and there is no point having this discussion.

For all you who want to educate yourselves (looking at you, nguyenhimself), google inelastic demand.

It would be a huge shame for me, and probably many others, if Cafe went from my favourite set possibly ever to having to skip because no ISO support.

Offline appaboy

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 15:44:15 »
just putting this in that i would love an all brown kit
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 19:48:58 »
just putting this in that i would love an all brown kit

I too, would prefer an all brown kit

Offline walie

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 20:24:13 »

There are a whole bunch of people in the MK UK discord server who are in love with this set, but only interested if we can have full UK ISO support.

So all 4 of you?

I kid I kid!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 00:02:31 »

It's very rare among us in the UK that the overwhelming majority love a set, and I genuinely think you will have a lot of extra base kits sold in the UK if you include UK ISO keys in base. We have actually gone to GMK for quotes on base sets with ISO vs without and it is going to be a roughly $4 difference to the price. That price difference will not sway anyone if they like the colourway and if you think it does, then you do not understand economics and there is no point having this discussion.

For all you who want to educate yourselves (looking at you, nguyenhimself), google inelastic demand.

It would be a huge shame for me, and probably many others, if Cafe went from my favourite set possibly ever to having to skip because no ISO support.

There is support though, it's just not in the base kit? Having to buy an extra kit to get compatibility for a minority layout is pretty standard.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 01:41:45 »
I'm totally gonna ignore the full-brown vs brown-white kit discussion but are gonna focus on the kits as proposed in the main post.

I understand that your base kit has multiple novelties and custom colors, but $125 for a stripped down base kit feels fairly expensive to me.
Especially when I would like a numpad or someone would like ISO keys, paying $50.......... (I'm sorry, this is a LOT) extra, makes the set suddenly pretty darn expensive for a full kit.
I'm 100% with Vicious here and highly prefer his suggestion for the kits.

Kits just feel wrong to me how they are right now. Pay for a full-size kit but get a stripped down with a ton of novelties.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 02:36:14 »
I see it this way - lots of people use 60%, 75% or TKL. They will buy base kit and don't need numpad.
I presume not many or minority of people use full keyboards and if they do, they will buy numpad kit.
Base kit, even having those novelties, looks like covers most of the combinations.
Plus, let's be honest - normally you get novelties as a separate kit, which costs a lot - here you get awesome coffee cups caps in a base kit! Awesome! :)

I'm not entirely happy to pay $50 for numpad, just to get my ISO UK, but I guess it is a compromise - I will sell numpad to someone who needs it - for example you, if you want it :thumb:
Numpad kit has 32 caps, $50 that would be $1.56 per cap - ISO I need has 10 caps, so leftover numpad will be $34.

You cannot make everyone happy, as there will always be someone who will want some caps in here, not there etc
These kits should cover majority of needs I believe.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2019, 02:41:01 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline martensson

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 03:52:32 »
Awesome kit and love the RAMA novelties. I will definitively join this GB!

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 04:31:38 »
I see it this way - lots of people use 60%, 75% or TKL. They will buy base kit and don't need numpad.
I presume not many or minority of people use full keyboards and if they do, they will buy numpad kit.
Base kit, even having those novelties, looks like covers most of the combinations.
Plus, let's be honest - normally you get novelties as a separate kit, which costs a lot - here you get awesome coffee cups caps in a base kit! Awesome! :)

I'm not entirely happy to pay $50 for numpad, just to get my ISO UK, but I guess it is a compromise - I will sell numpad to someone who needs it - for example you, if you want it :thumb:
Numpad kit has 32 caps, $50 that would be $1.56 per cap - ISO I need has 10 caps, so leftover numpad will be $34.

You cannot make everyone happy, as there will always be someone who will want some caps in here, not there etc

The issue is though that Numpad/ISO may not hit MOQ if it has a MOQ of 250 or something. We can hope but I would like to go back to the days of full comprehensive base kits.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 04:36:40 »

The issue is though that Numpad/ISO may not hit MOQ if it has a MOQ of 250 or something. We can hope but I would like to go back to the days of full comprehensive base kits.

True dat....

Well, I hoping for MOQ 50 for that one ;)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline zantetsuken9000

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 05:27:16 »
Come on Oceania! Please stock this!! :D
KBD67 - Zealios 67g - GMK Bento

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 10:25:40 »
No Asian vendor yet?

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Café (Pricing Released)
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 10:52:51 »

You guys keep saying that, but I keep seeing actual sales data like this, and come on man! Even the Forties kit has no problem hitting MOQ.

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2019, 10:55:17 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 02:42:07 »
You're comparing completely different profiles and vendors here. You could say that at least some data... can be taken from those numbers... But generally speaking, EU buyers are not a fan of buying from Drop due to tax/customs/etc. If you're gonna compare something sold on (Mass)drop, at least take a GMK Set like Oblivion V2 for example.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 04:16:06 »

Wouldn't maximum buyer appeal be to include standard physical layout for a not insignificant part of the world?

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #286 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:43:18 »

You guys keep saying that, but I keep seeing actual sales data like this, and come on man! Even the Forties kit has no problem hitting MOQ.

Show Image

People always point at Drop data like it is the only vendor in the world and the only place you can get keycaps. As someone else said, we avoid Drop like the plague for a multitude of reasons.

Either way, all the more reason to include ISO in base so you can keep a portion of the community invested. It's a shame seeing people like you who care more about having a few extra dollars than seeing people from the other side of the world enjoying the same hobby as you do.

Edit: Also, MT3 eww, MT3 Serika ewww, Zambumon ewww

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 20:59:53 »

Wouldn't maximum buyer appeal be to include standard physical layout for a not insignificant part of the world?
That’s the point though, right?
You’re saying the EU market is a significant one.
I look at the sales number over the years and rather disagree.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #288 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 05:20:42 »
I love the kit and am happy to have UK ISO supported however it comes.  I would prefer that it was always just part of all base kits as it adds very little to the price of any base kit anyway.

Seeing UK ISO sales numbers for the Serika does not necessarily mean that is the total sales from the UK for caps.  You are assuming that everyone from he UK orders the UK ISO kit every time they order anything.  Not the case.  The figures are low but why not make it mutually inclusive?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #289 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 07:23:23 »

That’s the point though, right?
You’re saying the EU market is a significant one.
I look at the sales number over the years and rather disagree.

It's really hard to decipher how big it is from the sales data though. Not everyone picks up language alpha packs. Many are okay with or simply bound to sticking with physical ISO layout, which is 4 extra keycaps for the GMK base kit (that has for the most part been included prior). Taking anything out of the GMK base kit and making it a child kit makes it far more expensive than if it where to stay in the base. I believe numpads and physical ISO belong in the base kit. It's about having standard 104/105 full keyboard layouts covered in the base kit. I like that GMK base kits are extensive and have support for various layouts even if I don't have any boards that require them. I've never used a 7U spacebar and yet they are always part of the kit. I don't complain about that. I pay for it though. Since group buys are a group effort. Everybody pays for keys we don't use.

Having separate language packs it's perfectly fine, because everybody else shouldn't have to pay for my correct ĹÄÖ alphas. The same thing goes for hiragana, hangul or any other child alpha kit of course. If I'm not interested in it, I don't buy it.

Low sales of correct legend alpha international kits are used as proof of "low EU sales" in general. It's hard being an ISO user in the MK world and I suspect many don't bother because of the constant higher cost, and some probably simply switch to ANSI to make it easier. But this is of course just guessing. The point is we don't know how many ISO buyers or potentinal ones there are. Just that the ANSI custom keycap set buyer base is bigger than the ISO one. But why would you want to make it even more troublesome to get in the door for the Europeans? We already pay more if we want correct legends. Now the trend is heading towards having to pay even more for physical layout. I mean the physical standard for full 105 keyboards that everyone grows up with. Just change to ANSI and adapt is not going to be the solution for someone that wants to get in the door of higher end keycap sets. Try outfitting your retail ISO corsair/razer board (everyone starts somewhere, right?) without 4 keys and it's gonna look very dumb.

Basically ANSI users save a few dollars by separating out the 4 physical ISO keys, but ISO users pay vastly more to add those keys back and in my case skipping those sets entirely. It's smart to add the ISO parts to numpad so they might hit MOQ. But now it's suddenly 175 for a regular base kit (mind you I know novelties are included, so base kit+). How would you feel if the roles were reversed?

In any case I think this is a really nice set and wish the GB runners good luck!

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #290 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 11:57:20 »
I wasn't interested in this hobby few years ago so I don't know whether the ISO used to be a part of the base kit in the past. But I haven't seen recent gmk sets that provide iso keys in the base kit. I don't know why so many people demand iso to be in the base kit for this set...

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #291 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 16:56:26 »
just looked up the gmk kits I've bought in the last ~7 months. I'm probably forgetting some. Iso inclusion seems mixed, but most have iso in the base set.

gmk eclipse, oblivion r2 (all kits), mizu, skIIdata, metropolis, handarbeit, deep space, peachs n cream, voyage, violet on cream with iso.

striker, minimal, jamon without iso. All had numpads not in the base set.

Am I missing any in the last year that skew the results?

Offline Tastethesoup

« Reply #292 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 18:47:37 »
Regarding the 40s kit, these boards benefit from symmetry. The image of GMK voyage on an ortho board is a great example. It’s in a bunch of signatures and probably helping draw sales.

Something similar could be done with the 40s kit here by replacing the lighter brown Esc and enter keys with light brown coffee bean and mug (r4 1u).  Thoughts? I’ll hang up and listen..

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #293 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 19:18:16 »
Regarding the 40s kit, these boards benefit from symmetry. The image of GMK voyage on an ortho board is a great example. It’s in a bunch of signatures and probably helping draw sales.

Something similar could be done with the 40s kit here by replacing the lighter brown Esc and enter keys with light brown coffee bean and mug (r4 1u).  Thoughts? I’ll hang up and listen..

Not really sure what signature you are talking about...  ;)
As for your question, all 40's peeps will have already purchased a base kit which includes those novelties so I don't think it's necessary to add those novelties again. But perhaps I misunderstood the question.

Anyway, I'd love to see a r3, 1u Ctrl key in the 40's kit since not everyone uses a r3 Esc or Tab. Thanks for considering!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 23:45:03 »
just looked up the gmk kits I've bought in the last ~7 months. I'm probably forgetting some. Iso inclusion seems mixed, but most have iso in the base set.

gmk eclipse, oblivion r2 (all kits), mizu, skIIdata, metropolis, handarbeit, deep space, peachs n cream, voyage, violet on cream with iso.

Which of these keycaps are required for Base kit to qualify as having ISO support?
  • The set of 4 on the left?
  • The set of 8 on the right?
  • Just the ISO ENTER?
  • Or something else?

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2019, 02:11:11 by dvorcol »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 05:13:12 »

Which of these keycaps are required for Base kit to qualify as having ISO support?
  • Just the ISO ENTER?
  • Or something else?

Show Image

I think it should be the set on the right which covers ISO and the UK amendments.  These few extra key caps would not add much to the base set if added every time.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 05:49:56 »

• Just the ISO ENTER?
  • Or something else?

Show Image

I'm always in favour of full ISO UK (right), but many ISO users are understandably fine with pseudo-ISO-US (left)

Offline Tastethesoup

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 08:47:28 »

Not really sure what signature you are talking about...  ;)
As for your question, all 40's peeps will have already purchased a base kit which includes those novelties so I don't think it's necessary to add those novelties again. But perhaps I misunderstood the question.

Anyway, I'd love to see a r3, 1u Ctrl key in the 40's kit since not everyone uses a r3 Esc or Tab. Thanks for considering!

Right there! There it is again.   ;)
It’s really well done.

I guess what I’m asking is 1u novelities in the cream color. It could be in any kit really; but specifically for 40s users (used in place of raise/lower), it would allow a layout like the one in your sig.

Either way, I’m probably in on this set. Cheers.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 13:58:35 »

• Just the ISO ENTER?
  • Or something else?

Show Image

The 4 on the left is enough to physically fit the keys on a board. That should be baseline IMO. With more country specific keys in child kits a la NorDeUK.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #299 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 14:49:59 »
My method was any involvement of Iso coverage. The majority were limited as in the picture on the left. As to what degree relative to the picture above, beats me-this American defers to those who use them.