Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Lucky Cat 🐱🐈 | Collab Revealed!  (Read 50961 times)

Offline trung11.kb

• Formerly tomkatsuuu
Re: [IC] GMK Lucky Cat | UPDATE: 40s support base, new novelties
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 11:00:15 »
Looking forward to the last deskmat!

Glad to see 3key 40s in base, but i am concerned that the base kit might be getting too large. Easy enough to slim down.

I agree that the base kit is slightly bloated at the moment, but there's some keys that can be taken out. Will be reaching out to more experience people for help  ;D

Here's a sneak peak at the last deskmat:

MANeki-Neko:

Novelties lookin :chefskiss:

Pls label kit renders, I beg  :(

Oops that was my bad. I'll get those updated.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 April 2021, 11:02:05 by tomkatsuuu »

Offline ChrisAtomic

It looks awesome! So glad I was able to snag a Ko Lucky Cat artisan. Cant wait to see it in the GB.

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK Lucky Cat | UPDATE: 40s support base, new novelties
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 14:07:55 »

Glad to see 3key 40s in base, but i am concerned that the base kit might be getting too large. Easy enough to slim down.

I agree that the base kit is slightly bloated at the moment, but there's some keys that can be taken out. Will be reaching out to more experience people for help  ;D

MANeki-Neko:
Show Image

I think you can move accent arrows to space bar kit and go even further by separating numpad from base but there'll be a trade-off.

Offline awdertotter

Beautiful! Totally interested in this! Love the color combo and the idea behind the design!

Offline Konami_Ai

WOW. This set is GORGEOUS.
I'm glad to see you are proactive in responses and to your "to-do" list! That shows you really care!
I really like the deskmat personally. :3 The contrast of the Tori gate, the cat and the writing on top of the background I think makes them "pop" more!
And for a mat with a keyboard on top, that is something that is GOOD. It's not overly garish and in relation to the keycaps, it compliments nicely. <3
GLWIC, I look forwards to the eventual GB. ;)

Offline Ratheighna

If there was an option for gold alphas as well I would be all over that. The colors reminds me of Bard from league of legends, I think that's why I like it.

Offline summerqm

I've been following this set since it first posted and I definitely think the new design brought me from: I will spiritually support the set, to: those novelties are looking really good! Good job with the IC and keep up the great work!

I submitted the new IC form but would like to echo some of my thoughts/feedback here as well:

Would be nice if the space bar kit includes smaller space bars in red instead of white -- I think it's more common for people to already have a spacebar kit of WS1 color, while the red is a lot harder to come by.

I also think the fan novelty may look more filled in if the fan is rotated 45 degrees and expand to fill the keycap -- right now there's a bit too much white space imo and makes the fan a lot smaller compared to the other novelties. On the other hand, it may be cute to move the fan up 1 row and do a 1.5u novelty (for tab or |/ key) so the fan can expand to be wider.

(still secretly praying for an orange/tangerine/mandarin novelty 🍊)

For Dai-kiti and Kofuku keys -- it would be nice if we could get a 1.25u and 1.5u version of each but I also totally understand why not since one has significantly less strokes than the other.

GLWIC!

Offline trung11.kb

• Formerly tomkatsuuu
It looks awesome! So glad I was able to snag a Ko Lucky Cat artisan. Cant wait to see it in the GB.

I have a list of artisans collabs that I plan on reaching out to soon c:

If there was an option for gold alphas as well I would be all over that. The colors reminds me of Bard from league of legends, I think that's why I like it.

LOL, oh god Bard. What a troll champ. Are you talking about gold alpha legends? I think I tried in one of my iterations, but I thought the red was better suited than gold.

Beautiful! Totally interested in this! Love the color combo and the idea behind the design!

Thanks for your support!

WOW. This set is GORGEOUS.
I'm glad to see you are proactive in responses and to your "to-do" list! That shows you really care!
I really like the deskmat personally. :3 The contrast of the Tori gate, the cat and the writing on top of the background I think makes them "pop" more!
And for a mat with a keyboard on top, that is something that is GOOD. It's not overly garish and in relation to the keycaps, it compliments nicely. <3
GLWIC, I look forwards to the eventual GB. ;)

I've been really busy with real life stuff so progress has been slowed, but I still try to be as transparent as possible! I posted a taskboard in my server, just so people can check out progress behind the scenes. Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it!

I've been following this set since it first posted and I definitely think the new design brought me from: I will spiritually support the set, to: those novelties are looking really good! Good job with the IC and keep up the great work!

I submitted the new IC form but would like to echo some of my thoughts/feedback here as well:

Would be nice if the space bar kit includes smaller space bars in red instead of white -- I think it's more common for people to already have a spacebar kit of WS1 color, while the red is a lot harder to come by.

I also think the fan novelty may look more filled in if the fan is rotated 45 degrees and expand to fill the keycap -- right now there's a bit too much white space imo and makes the fan a lot smaller compared to the other novelties. On the other hand, it may be cute to move the fan up 1 row and do a 1.5u novelty (for tab or |/ key) so the fan can expand to be wider.

(still secretly praying for an orange/tangerine/mandarin novelty 🍊)

For Dai-kiti and Kofuku keys -- it would be nice if we could get a 1.25u and 1.5u version of each but I also totally understand why not since one has significantly less strokes than the other.

GLWIC!

Aww, this means a lot! Thank you so much for your support and for feedback! Yeah, a couple of people said they would like more red in the spacebars kit as well. I'll take a look into this for sure. In terms of the fan novelty, it does look a bit smaller now that you brought it up. I'll follow up on your advice on tilting and most likely expanding it. Hahaha, I got some request for an orange/mandarin novelty. I will definitely consider this and see if it can fit anywhere (whether that be novelties or artisan). Lastly, I think I'll be keeping the Dai-kiti and Kofuku as they are. I wouldn't want the novelties kit to be really bloated and expensive. But thank you for sharing your opinion!

Thank you again for your feedback, I really appreciate it~

MANeki-Neko:
Show Image

I think you can move accent arrows to space bar kit and go even further by separating numpad from base but there'll be a trade-off.

I've considered moving the accent arrows to the spacebar kit, but the problem I encountered was introducing a new color (gold) in the kit, which would increase the prices (correct me if I'm wrong). My primary goal is to make everything as affordable as possible, so that will take some time to get right :P

I guess I'll take this time for some general updates: I got some vendors locked in, but I've been busy with real life stuff. I should be more free when May is over. In the mean time...GMK Lucky Cat bring me luck 🙏🏻🐱

Offline alignace

Seems like the novelty kit just needs one more 1u (R4) to fill up the left macro columns for the BOCC/Zenith/i69 keyboards. Would be nice to see that happen ;D

Offline trung11.kb

• Formerly tomkatsuuu
Re: [IC] GMK Lucky Cat | Vendors and Second Deskmat
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 14:44:16 »
Hi all, just finished graduate school and got back from a much-needed vacation. Ready to work again! Updated the thread with vendors and second deskmat. Currently waiting on quotes from GMK before I can work on more progress~

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 15:26:28 »
Hi all, just finished graduate school and got back from a much-needed vacation. Ready to work again! Updated the thread with vendors and second deskmat. Currently waiting on quotes from GMK before I can work on more progress~
Your second deskmat looks amazing! Excited for the updates to come. C:

Offline KID

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 15:47:13 »
It looks very nice! I like it

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 16:47:29 »
2nd deskmat so good :D

Offline aleeex

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 18:08:13 »
Just let me buy buff pillarman cat mat already!!!

Offline Tushies

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 23:11:59 »
Really looking forward to this set  :)

Offline Jinjc

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 20:16:30 »
take my money!!

Offline stevenT

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 20:39:58 »
is sub-legend japanese and what does words on novelties mean?

Offline trung11.kb

• Formerly tomkatsuuu
Re: [IC] ePBT Lucky Cat 🐱🐈 | New manu, new renders
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:12:06 »
Bump for new changes. New manu and new renders by Skok. Switched manu to ePBT for quicker lead times, affordability, and flexibility in designs.

Offline Skok

Re: [IC] ePBT Lucky Cat 🐱🐈 | New manu, new renders
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:23:38 »
those new renders are pretty chill

Offline trung11.kb

• Formerly tomkatsuuu
Re: [IC] ePBT Lucky Cat 🐱🐈 | Collab Revealed!
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 17:41:35 »
Bump for collab reveals~ Next is GB date and pricing :D

Metal Artisan
Hibi

Resin Artisans
Ko Caps
MelonKeys

Cable
Luxe Cable

Stickers
tsukiomamori

Offline Mandabanker007

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 21:11:50 »
Pog

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 03:02:23 »
Love the deskmat. GLWIC

Offline less_blank

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 21:08:41 »
Is this dead?

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 20 April 2022, 21:11:21 »
the novelties look great and the hiragana alpha's are far better than the base kit IMO, maybe a slightly brighter yellow would fit the theme better?

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 15:35:16 »
any chance for a rerun in gmk?

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 01 November 2022, 10:01:05 »
Lucky cat my beloved, at least run the muscle cat mats