Author Topic: Razer/Kailh Green's  (Read 4775 times)

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
Razer/Kailh Green's
« on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 11:51:06 »
The good people over at Razer sent me two switch tester / key chains with their Green switch. Since Ive had limited to no experience with it Ive never felt sure what to think about them. That all changes now :)
I will compare it to Cherry MX Blue and will say beforehand that Im not a big fan of tactile switches.

Sound
The click sound has variations and isnt as consistent as Cherry, depending on how you click you can get at least two distinctly different click sounds. You can also hear a clear echo from within the switch on reset. It also sounds a bit more than Cherry. The Razer/Kailh switch as sounds a lot more and has way more of a tactile feel upon reset, but on the flip side it feels like the Razer switch reset easier/faster

Tactile / Feel
To get over the bump it feels like it takes a little more force to get pass the Razer/Kailh switch. But the rest of the travel distance feel lighter. Its clear that the Razer/Kailh has the bump higher than Cherry but since I its not part of a keyboard I cant say anything about activation points.

Final Thought

Overall I think its a somewhat viable alternative. My limited experience raises some red flags, mostly due to inconsistencies with sound. But due to the reset being faster and feels like its more finely tuned to the tactile force needed it could be a viable option
As far as sound goes its just a subjective opinion but I prefer my switches to act like ninjas (silent). If I had to choose Id take the Razer/Kailh because if its going to make noise Id go all in

Pics

Going to hold a GiveAway on Reddit soon. Got a few key chains and use non of them so its time to give back :)

Left to right: Ducky (GiveAway at DT by DuckyNordic) || Razer (given to me by Razer) || 0rangeninja custom key chain (given to me as a bonus to the display case)
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)