Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 374209 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 02:46:11 »
America's Next Top Cuckold

and Ugly Americans. Underrated animated comedy.
s01e14 of Ugly Americans, The Manbirds, was genuinely the hardest I laughed in a long time. Great episode  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 June 2021, 13:10:41 by noisyturtle »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1101 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 03:59:35 »
America's Next Top Cuckold

and Ugly Americans. Underrated animated comedy.
s01e14 of Ugly Americans, The Manbirds, was genuinely the hardest I laughed in a long time. Great episode  :thumb:

Good one.  You made me actually search to see if it was a real show.  To be honest, it wouldn't have surprised me.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1102 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 21:44:54 »
Im watching six days seven nights

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1103 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 10:33:55 »
Im watching six days seven nights

I like that movie, any movies with Harrison to be honest :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #1104 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 10:35:13 »
I watched Rainmaker from 1997.
Good movie, I generally like movies form 80s-90s, but I said that already :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 21:45:17 »
I am watching inception in bigscreen

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1106 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 05:39:59 »
My better half has me watching the Crown.    They should have never changed the main royal actors after season #3.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1107 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 23:40:52 »
Documental on Amazon. Not really familure with Japanese comedians, the only one I know is Jimmy Onishi who is in the show and still killin it at his age. Comedy in Japan is very different from Western comedy, relying more on dry humor, wordplay, and physical comedy. I could have done without the first season, there were some bits I didn't enjoy (picking toilet paper remnants out of someone's ******* and blowing it dry? no thanks) but season 2 so far is pretty funny.
Ultimately I'm glad Amazon gave a show like this a shot, I get Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende vibes from it for sure which is a good thing.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1108 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 07:11:22 »
Fear Street - not sure, but it wasn't that great.
I'll see how second part will be.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1109 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 16:15:55 »
Watched Falling Down with Michael Douglas. I found myself commiserating with and rooting for him nearly the entire way. I totally get that numbness and societal separation the main character was feeling, but the movie did a good job pacing his 'decline.' By the end it became clear he may have had some issues. The cop parts I could have done without, the one younger guy who was partners with the lady annoyed the hell out of me every second he was on screen but that was clearly intentional. It reminded me of a Bobcat Goldthwait directed film in many ways. Worth a watch if you've never seen it before.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 17:39:17 »
Watched Falling Down with Michael Douglas. I found myself commiserating with and rooting for him nearly the entire way. I totally get that numbness and societal separation the main character was feeling, but the movie did a good job pacing his 'decline.' By the end it became clear he may have had some issues. The cop parts I could have done without, the one younger guy who was partners with the lady annoyed the hell out of me every second he was on screen but that was clearly intentional. It reminded me of a Bobcat Goldthwait directed film in many ways. Worth a watch if you've never seen it before.

I've seen it maybe 3-4 months ago - I had same feelings like you. Sometimes I'm worried that in 10-20 years I go out on streets and gonna start killing people, as they piss me off with their stupidity so much...
Anyway, good movie - I have been recently (last 2 years) downloading and re-watching all old movies, like from 80s onwards. This was one of them, I enjoyed it, those old movies have something in them, that feels better, more real, than movies nowadays.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 18:17:55 »

I've seen it maybe 3-4 months ago - I had same feelings like you. Sometimes I'm worried that in 10-20 years I go out on streets and gonna start killing people, as they piss me off with their stupidity so much...
Anyway, good movie - I have been recently (last 2 years) downloading and re-watching all old movies, like from 80s onwards. This was one of them, I enjoyed it, those old movies have something in them, that feels better, more real, than movies nowadays.

If you liked that I'd highly recommend God Bless America, it does what this movie did but I think a bit better.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1112 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 03:21:07 »

If you liked that I'd highly recommend God Bless America, it does what this movie did but I think a bit better.

Yep, I've seen it as well, very good one. It shows all the crap of this world that I hate and make me sick. Perfect:)

Offline phinix

« Reply #1113 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 09:16:51 »
Rojst, on Netflix.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 20:59:13 »
Just watched, Little Women (2019), it's alright.....  the interleaved format didn't seem necessary, just cumbersome.

Can't say it lives up to the hype.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 02:32:19 »
The Client (1994). Movie ok, that boy was pissing me off, stupid little d*head...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1116 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 14:35:47 »
Watched The Grand Tour Lochdown and I think this special has been the most enjoyable of any GT special since the boat one (Clarkson's Farm was quite funny, but not really GT.) They did a few things to really make sure they appease old Top Gear fans here: A return to TG special form where they are in cars going on a roadtrip with side adventures and **** measuring; Making amends with American viewers and vehicle manufacturers which in the past they have not been to kind to; Making sure Hammond destroyed at least one motorized vehicle.
I enjoyed it and these gents won't be around and able to do this kind of stuff forever, so I appreciated the improved return to classic form and hope to see more like it.

Offline iri

« Reply #1117 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 15:39:16 »
I need to watch the new Grand Tour, thanks for the recommendation mr Turtle
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 23:02:01 »
Jeremy Wade is back with a new series Unknown Waters.

First episode just aired on Nat Geo.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1119 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 16:38:57 »
Jason Statham movies,  his voice really comes over the subwoofer, very soothing.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1120 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 02:43:22 »
Talented Mr Ripley. That main character was really annoying at times....

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1121 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 12:10:49 »

Agreed. He is really unlikable to the point I wonder if it wasn't even intentional.
Like in Hannibal Rising, they turned Hannibal Lecter into a Hot Topic fedora edgelord spaz who lusted after the big tittied Asian lady. They even gave him a trench coat and katana unironically! I still can't believe that movie exists.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1122 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 13:49:44 »

He is really unlikable

Bash in your best friend's head and take, not just his stuff, but his whole life. What's not to like?
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1123 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 15:29:37 »

Agreed. He is really unlikable to the point I wonder if it wasn't even intentional.
Like in Hannibal Rising, they turned Hannibal Lecter into a Hot Topic fedora edgelord spaz who lusted after the big tittied Asian lady. They even gave him a trench coat and katana unironically! I still can't believe that movie exists.

Yes, agree - he was really... whats the word for it - repulsive?
Made me feel sick at moments. Weird, but I think Is topped liking Matt Demon after that movie.

Offline iri

« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:38:33 »
The Grand Tour s04e03

What's the point of comparing American cars to the Soviet when only 1 of 3 'Soviet' cars is actually from the USSR?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1125 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 14:53:05 »
Just watched Bunraku, a heavily stylized cyberpunk samurai western with an anime vibe. I didn't expect much going in, but the distinctive presentation and creative ways they used practical effects got my attention. Then the over the top acting and dialogue won me over. It's weird that people don't talk about this movie more, a truly unique sleeper.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1126 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 14:59:19 »
Just watched Bunraku, a heavily stylized cyberpunk samurai western with an anime vibe. I didn't expect much going in, but the distinctive presentation and creative ways they used practical effects got my attention. Then the over the top acting and dialogue won me over. It's weird that people don't talk about this movie more, a truly unique sleeper.
Show Image

saw it headline for a split second, then disappeared.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 14:36:13 »
n00 escape room movie.    Pretttttty decent. the premise is the same as the first one, felt a little dragged on, not as fresh, buhhh not terrible.    held back by forcing itself to make sequels which limits any serious logical resolution.

275846-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1128 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 15:39:24 »
The Competition (1980).

Going through every single piano movie on the lists.

This one is Surprisingly good, and actually VERY PIANO. 

On the other end, For example, the Pianist (2002), great movie, not very piano.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1129 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 16:25:34 »
The Pig.
Pleasant movie, sad story.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1131 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 18:49:00 »
Impromptu (1991),   ehh... not awful, good acting I suppose. not very piano, it's not really even about chopin.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 06:39:35 »
Noticing most of these piano movies are using period accurate instruments for the filming,  But they're using Modern Pianos for Sound.

Inexcusable for Bach movies,  Even with Beethoven movies, why not use fortepianos, they sound pretty close to modern pianos, so it's not jarring like a harpsichord might be.

/Upset..

Offline phinix

Offline jojos

« Reply #1134 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 07:35:29 »
Just finished watching DS9 from the beginning and boy was it hard work at times.

Not sure what to watch next...

Offline jojos

« Reply #1135 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 07:00:15 »
I am waiting for Squid Games to be released on Friday. It looks good and i have recently really enjoyed some of the Korean TV shows that are about.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 07:34:00 »
Watched Them That Follow last night. Jesus what a ****ty movie...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1137 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 08:00:03 »

Just finished watching DS9 from the beginning and boy was it hard work at times.

Over the pandemic I did that too. DS9 is surely the most uneven and inconsistent series. Although there were some great "highs", there was way too much magic, everything-Ferengi, and time travel for my taste. And a lot of the "character development" seemed very trite and contrived.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1139 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 18:42:11 »
Billions just gets better and better. New Dexter promo before doesn't look horrible.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1140 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 18:43:30 »
Billions just gets better and better. New Dexter promo before doesn't look horrible.

I only liked season 1 billions, it felt a little stretched afterwards.

How is dexter past season 3.  not up2date.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1141 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 18:45:16 »
Downhill after season 3. I can't give anything from new teaser as it is def spoiler in case others need to catch up.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1142 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 19:35:00 »
Been rewatching Barry s1&2. It's a pretty good show, although I'm not sure if it is on purpose or not, but many of the characters are completely self-absorbed idiots. Basically anyone in the show who doesn't murder for a living comes off as pretentious and selfish. I love Stephen Root in anything though, Bill Hader is fantastic, and the dude with alopecia is a riot.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1143 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 20:47:43 »

How is dexter past season 3.

It became more and more forced or contrived as seasons went by but it was still watchable. I hated the finale but it was satisfactory, I suppose.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1144 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 21:07:53 »

It became more and more forced or contrived as seasons went by but it was still watchable. I hated the finale but it was satisfactory, I suppose.

I did like the John Lithgow season though

Offline phinix

« Reply #1145 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 08:11:05 »

I did like the John Lithgow season though

Yeah, I loved tha too.
Georgeus High Commander :D

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #1146 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 13:19:52 »
Just started re-watching Altered Carbon. Season one was so fun, but man season two really drops the ball IMO
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1147 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 17:38:27 »
Just started re-watching Altered Carbon. Season one was so fun, but man season two really drops the ball IMO

Tp4 prefers season one but without all the secs stuff.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1148 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 19:24:05 »

Everything up to the last 2-3 episodes was fine. This is one of the rare cases where I watched an entire season but the last few episodes were such garbage I didn't even bother to finish. The revenge ninja girl bull**** at the end was just so incredibly dumb, and such a tonal shift. Just trash.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 19:33:33 »

Everything up to the last 2-3 episodes was fine. This is one of the rare cases where I watched an entire season but the last few episodes were such garbage I didn't even bother to finish. The revenge ninja girl bull**** at the end was just so incredibly dumb, and such a tonal shift. Just trash.
At least it wasn’t Darling in the Franxx where your edgy waifu suddenly turns into a spaceship

But yeah, I agree, his sisters revenge plot was way over acted/sold.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u