Author Topic: [IC] MACRO-1 (Rotary Encoder, Gasket Mounted)  (Read 44905 times)

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
Re: [IC] MACRO-1 (Rotary Encoder, Gasket Mounted)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 16:10:51 »
From 99 USD to 175 USD?!

Unfortunately that's too expensive for me.  :(

Good luck anyway.

Yes, we were hoping to keep it under $125 USD as an initial estimate based on our previous project costs. Unfortunatly the compound effect of drastically increased material and part costs alongside the decreasing USD value has not allowed this to be possible.

Thankyou for the support and feedback that you have given us in this project, it is very appreciated. Between delays and price hikes, it has been a rough year the the mech keeb community, hopefully things can start to return to normal soon!

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 16:13:47 »
From 99 USD to 175 USD?!

Unfortunately that's too expensive for me.  :(

Good luck anyway.

EDIT: I thought this wasn't posting but it was just going onto the next page   :p

Yes, we were aiming to keep the cost under $125 USD as an initial estimate based on our previous project. Unfortunatly, the compounding effect of significantly increased material and part costs alongside the decreasing value of the USD has made this not possible.

Thankyou very much for the support and feedback that you have given this project, it is very appreciated.

Between delays and price hikes, it has been a rough year for the mech keeb community, hopefully things can start to return to normal soon!
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2021, 16:18:45 by Laneware »

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 23:05:14 »
Prototype PCB built and confirmed functional. Prototype cases have just entered production, with a 2-3 week lead time.

Offline Isshin

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 18:02:44 »
Looks dope!

It is an awesome design, But I would have loved seeing going similar way but more towards macro than a full numpad.

I would definitely buy a 10 key macro design with the rotary.  (3 top rows of current design/cutting off 3 bottom rows) it would be spot on exactly what I am looking for.

GL!

Offline Rullebrett

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 19:31:15 »
Love the gold on black, will complement my upcoming build v. well! Form filled and fingers crossed!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 11:33:11 »
Obviously I’d love it if it were cheaper, but I’m still interested if $175 or below. It may be less of a guaranteed buy for me though, more dependent on my finances at the time of GB. I wouldn’t mind paring pcb options down to one solderable option rather than including hot swap option(s), but I realize not everyone may feel that way. Best of luck with the prototypes! Can’t wait to see them!

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 16:54:59 »
Obviously I’d love it if it were cheaper, but I’m still interested if $175 or below. It may be less of a guaranteed buy for me though, more dependent on my finances at the time of GB. I wouldn’t mind paring pcb options down to one solderable option rather than including hot swap option(s), but I realize not everyone may feel that way. Best of luck with the prototypes! Can’t wait to see them!

Thanks for your feedback :D Currently we are planning to have one solderable option with all 3 layouts alongside 1 hotswap option for the numpad layout. The added cost of a hotswap option will be entirely covered by those that choose it.

Offline Xury46

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 23:20:41 »
I'm really excited about this macro pad. I've used a Corsair K70 for a long time, the volume wheel above the numpad is an amazing feature that I miss on other boards. I need a numpad for my work, but most of the options out there for custom boards skip numpads, let alone a rotary encoder. If I get one of these I could get a TKL to go along with it and I'll be fully functional, count me in!!!

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 21:47:45 »
I'm really excited about this macro pad. I've used a Corsair K70 for a long time, the volume wheel above the numpad is an amazing feature that I miss on other boards. I need a numpad for my work, but most of the options out there for custom boards skip numpads, let alone a rotary encoder. If I get one of these I could get a TKL to go along with it and I'll be fully functional, count me in!!!

I've been using & testing the prototype PCB for a while now, and I can agree that it is incredibly usefull. I also programmed one of the top macro buttons to open the calculator which is so much more usefull than I could of imagined :D

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 01:35:54 »
I also programmed one of the top macro buttons to open the calculator which is so much more usefull than I could of imagined :D

BRILLIANT. Oh my god now I definitely need this.

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 03:06:42 »
First look at the prototypes in the factory. We expect to have these in hand within the next 10 days, we will then send them out to our testers and content creators, after which we can open the GB!
260671-0

Offline nostr

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 08:45:05 »
Massive fan of the concept. cant wait

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 23:31:35 »
Prototypes are in and we have updated the thread with a few pics (More photos from content creators to come)! We have both Bullet & Monochrome colorways as prototypes. These are now being sent out to content creators to build on stream, record sound tests and provide general feedback, afterwhich we will open the GB!

Offline niakulah

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 06:31:08 »
Raindrop colorway with GMK Rudy would be sick!

Is that a 25mm knob?

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 10:59:59 »
Will the plate files be available after the GB ends? Would like to try the Macropad with a CF or PC plate.

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 15:20:56 »
Raindrop colorway with GMK Rudy would be sick!

Is that a 25mm knob?

That would look very clean! The knob pictured is 23.5, it will fit up to a 24.5

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 15:22:18 »
Will the plate files be available after the GB ends? Would like to try the Macropad with a CF or PC plate.

Sure will be! We release plate files and Pantone colors as soon as the GB is closed so that people can organise their own modifications before it arrives :)

Offline vanquishings

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 17:14:24 »
Interested in this. Filled out the form, will be keeping an eye out!

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 19:15:06 »
More images added and a fully built weight of ~802g.

Offline Zootielolo

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 03:04:35 »
Interested.

Offline Domey93

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 05:19:32 »
I am so hyped for this. Will it only be purchasable through your shop, or is there a chance for a european vendor?

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 04:13:57 »
I am so hyped for this. Will it only be purchasable through your shop, or is there a chance for a european vendor?

Glad to hear it! This one will be available through lanewareperipherals.com only, the less expensive product didn't make sense for us to take on a European Vendor this time.

Offline Biskwit157

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 05:42:40 »

Glad to hear it! This one will be available through lanewareperipherals.com only, the less expensive product didn't make sense for us to take on a European Vendor this time.
Any idea when the GB will launch?

Offline ManoliVisuals

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 12:44:07 »
Im a sucker for larger macropads, and especially excited for one with a rotary encoder.

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:56:57 »

Any idea when the GB will launch?
Planning on 3-4 weeks from now, the exact time will be released 2 weeks prior to the GB

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:02:18 »
Any possibility of getting a USB-C passthrough on this so I can daisy chain it to my keyboard?

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:12:26 »
Any possibility of getting a USB-C passthrough on this so I can daisy chain it to my keyboard?
I've had this suggestion a few times and I'm considering it 😁👍

Offline Biskwit157

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:58:10 »
I've had this suggestion a few times and I'm considering it

Offline nostr

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 03:56:51 »
Would this run unlimited for the duration of the GB?

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 21:28:24 »
Would this run unlimited for the duration of the GB?
We are currently planning to limit it to 500 units due to our in house resources when it comes to QC and shipping. If there is significantly more demand then we will extend the limit and bring on more resources to meet demand.

Offline jimmythetooth

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 09:03:06 »
Super pumped for this. Seconding the USB-C passthrough if that's still a possibility!

Offline Xury46

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 19:23:27 »
I'm so excited for this that I could explode.

The case prototype images look gorgeous but I can't tell which colorways they are supposed to match up with because of the sheen in the photos.
If you have final color samples ready can you post a photo with callouts for each colorway so it's more obvious which one is which?

In particular I'm not seeing the deep blue from the Raindrop anywhere. I think the images on the first page are supposed to be Raindrop but I want to be sure.
(The different shade of blue isn't a deal breaker, I just want to be sure I know which color to order when the group buy goes live!)

Offline Laneware

• Laneware Peripherals
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 22:43:10 »
I'm so excited for this that I could explode.

The case prototype images look gorgeous but I can't tell which colorways they are supposed to match up with because of the sheen in the photos.
If you have final color samples ready can you post a photo with callouts for each colorway so it's more obvious which one is which?

In particular I'm not seeing the deep blue from the Raindrop anywhere. I think the images on the first page are supposed to be Raindrop but I want to be sure.
(The different shade of blue isn't a deal breaker, I just want to be sure I know which color to order when the group buy goes live!)

Hi, all of the prototype photos are in the dark grey colorway. The prototypes were made to prove the dimensional and ergonomical aspects of the MACRO-1. The MACRO-1 will be made in the same factory as the Rainrop 60% and in the same Pantone colors, so verification of the specific colors is not nessecary. I hope this clears things up :D

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 03:06:33 »
Following this.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Xury46

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 16:11:12 »
Hi, all of the prototype photos are in the dark grey colorway. The prototypes were made to prove the dimensional and ergonomical aspects of the MACRO-1. The MACRO-1 will be made in the same factory as the Rainrop 60% and in the same Pantone colors, so verification of the specific colors is not nessecary. I hope this clears things up :D

Thank you for the quick reply, that makes sense.
I can't wait for the Group Buy!  :D

Offline Harue

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:21:57 »
Tomorrow the day, pog!

Offline Crushader

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 20:03:22 »
what's the diameter of the knob?

Offline Volny

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 10:09:57 »
It's got pretty much all the features I would want in a macro pad. Though the logo looks like a diagram of a uterus and fellopian tubes.