Author Topic: Post your key caps thread  (Read 696826 times)

Offline unnatural

Re: Post your key caps thread
« Reply #2050 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:52:08 »
wow, that zinc cap looks amazing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2051 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 17:51:07 »
"Shipwreck" springs to mind, especially with the wooden one.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2052 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 18:54:04 »

Not sure I get that.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #2053 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 18:56:08 »

Not sure I get that.
Maybe the keycap is like an upside down boat? and your case is water
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline morpheus

« Reply #2054 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 18:56:59 »
coffee set on my duck poker.
Show Image

Show Image

That coffee set is perfect. I wish I could get one but I have no money  :-[

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2055 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:15:13 »

Not sure I get that.

Heh it was complimentary! :)

Like the wood of an old sailing ship and the metal bits corroded after it had been under the water for many years.

Those two keycaps evoke, in me anyway, the smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves, the call of a lonely gull perched on something you find sticking out of the water at the beach.

I went to the beach one, but I didn't take my keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2056 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:59:53 »
Ahh, ok.  I didn't take it one way or the other, as I wasn't sure what it meant.  Now I see what you mean by it.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #2057 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 22:44:16 »

Not sure I get that.

Like the wood of an old sailing ship and the metal bits corroded after it had been under the water for many years.

Those two keycaps evoke, in me anyway, the smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves, the call of a lonely gull perched on something you find sticking out of the water at the beach.

Makes me think we need a pirate-themed set. Corroded metal, driftwood, and bone carved keys, jolly roger super key, the works. Arrrr

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2058 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 23:26:13 »

Not sure I get that.

Makes me think we need a pirate-themed set. Corroded metal, driftwood, and bone carved keys, jolly roger super key, the works. Arrrr

A pirate board would be interesting.

Offline reiuorw

« Reply #2059 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 11:57:55 »
29662-0

ragnarok keysets. I would use it when I got black housing board.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 July 2013, 20:32:52 by reiuorw »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2060 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 04:35:48 »
Tweaked my gask mask with yellow oil paint to match my filco yellow edition

Custom QFR ergo clear with painted frame

Still a newb in the keyboard world
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #2061 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 04:52:06 »
Ohhh that yellow keys filco looks cool bro! ^o^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2062 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 05:09:07 »
Tweaked my gask mask with yellow oil paint to match my filco yellow edition
Show Image

Excellent keyboard, sir.  Well done!  Keyboard of the year!  Can't improve on it.  Fantastic job!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2063 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 05:14:25 »

Excellent keyboard, sir.  Well done!  Keyboard of the year!  Can't improve on it.  Fantastic job!

Ohhh that yellow keys filco looks cool bro! ^o^

Thx !
I'm still waiting for taihao GB, the stock filco keycaps has slightly different color than the hazzard set
hope the taihao DS set has the same color as the hazzard

Offline Bottles

« Reply #2064 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 12:38:38 »

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #2065 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 12:46:11 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How do you like the Ouroboros? After the first week of sale or so they took it off the shelves and it's not for sale anywhere really (retail wise).  I'm interested in it though, wondering if they're going to rerelease it
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2066 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 12:49:32 »

Offline audukent

« Reply #2067 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 13:06:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How do you like the Ouroboros? After the first week of sale or so they took it off the shelves and it's not for sale anywhere really (retail wise).  I'm interested in it though, wondering if they're going to rerelease it

It's great!  I haven't had any of the issues that most of the people were reporting on.  I followed the directions/instructions to the dot during initial set up, I found that most of the users who reported an issue did not.  I know there is a Synapse 2.0 issue, but to re-iterate, I didn't experience any of it.   The mouse itself is a piece of art.

[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2068 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 18:50:31 »

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #2069 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 19:14:25 »
Homemade sand cast zinc cap and Pau Amarello (wood) cap.

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

The wood one would look good on a Filco multicam board. Or, pretty much anything. Can I buy one :)
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2070 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 19:15:30 »
The wood one would look good on a Filco multicam board. Or, pretty much anything. Can I buy one :)

I could probably make another one.  That one is promised to Spamaray.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2071 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 18:05:07 »

finally first board keycool 84 w/ browns come, here are the caps I added

Pool set on F# keys. Red ESC, purple WASD, and blue arrow keys that came with the board. Glow in the dark key on tilde key. Portal mods. Awesome face on home cause you are happy when you get home, nuke key on end cause nuke war leads to extinction, and yin yang on page up.
[/quote]

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2072 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 18:09:45 »
holy crap i forgot this thread existed.
I love Elzy

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2073 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:06:32 »
holy crap i forgot this thread existed.

POST YOUR CAPS SIFO

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2074 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:31:30 »
uh....

All I got. + Whalebro
I love Elzy

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2075 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 11:27:39 »
uh....

Show Image

All I got. + Whalebro

that's.... so.... pink.... my eyes hurt  :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2076 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:06:21 »
uh....

Show Image

All I got. + Whalebro

That's because it has Sifo's soul embedded in it.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2077 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:28:23 »
uh....

Show Image

All I got. + Whalebro

That's because it has Sifo's soul embedded in it.

Flaming???? Pink???? Soul???? Now snoopy's eyes hurt???? So much homo reference...

On topic.....what would you say to a Batman Villain set?

Offline bianco

« Reply #2078 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:15:19 »
new stuff from keypop

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2079 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:31:35 »
new stuff from keypop
Show Image

Show Image

Nice collection :)

You like yellow (too)?

Offline bianco

« Reply #2080 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:38:04 »
new stuff from keypop
Show Image

Show Image

You like yellow (too)?

thanks rowdy!
yeah, one of the combinations (black and yellow) that i'm fond of.
hope they make translucent bee/honeycomb keycaps though

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2081 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:54:52 »
new stuff from keypop
Show Image

Show Image

You like yellow (too)?

thanks rowdy!
yeah, one of the combinations (black and yellow) that i'm fond of.
hope they make translucent bee/honeycomb keycaps though

That would be sweet!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2082 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:45:25 »
I don't have many keycaps yet, but hopefully soon I will start collecting more(hopefully more rare ones like a click clack).

I have a zoidberg lod keycap and a lego keycap I made myself. I also have a different zoidberg keycap and a charmander from a group buy showing up soon.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2083 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:48:25 »

- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2084 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 09:51:18 »
Love the 8-bit collection you're building there Photoelectric! They really go great together.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2085 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 15:04:07 »
Yeah, those and zinc caps from Feng are pretty much the only ones I've been using.  Something special about the colorful ones, just puts a smile on my face every time I look down.  Otherwise normally I prefer no-novelty-cap clean looks.  I'd also love a blue Cloud from KeyPop, but it will be "too much".

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2086 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 15:22:12 »
I don't have many keycaps yet, but hopefully soon I will start collecting more(hopefully more rare ones like a click clack).

I have a zoidberg lod keycap and a lego keycap I made myself. I also have a different zoidberg keycap and a charmander from a group buy showing up soon.

Show Image

Show Image

Prepare your wallet for clack
Anyway should start getting some lego figure to stick on that lego caps

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #2087 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 15:30:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

I like the lego one. Did you make it?
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2088 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 15:51:58 »
Yes, I did make the lego one. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2089 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 22:56:03 »
Yes, I did make the lego one. :)

I like it too :)

Any chance of an upskirt shot?  Or is it a secret how you did it?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #2090 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 04:20:40 »

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2091 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 23:19:09 »

Show Image

Haha love those PacMan ones! :thumb:
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #2092 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 13:56:12 »
My collection so far

KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline babyface

« Reply #2093 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:14:03 »
Any chance of getting a photo of that pure with full backlight yicaoyimu?
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #2094 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:29:24 »
Any chance of getting a photo of that pure with full backlight yicaoyimu?

Do you mean Pure with double-shot keycaps

or stock keycaps?

KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2095 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:49:44 »
Show Image

This is such a great photograph!  It's perfect.  The soft glow, the lighting, the focused texture.  Thanks for sharing :)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #2096 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 00:05:41 »
Show Image

This is such a great photograph!  It's perfect.  The soft glow, the lighting, the focused texture.  Thanks for sharing :)

I'm glad you like it. I had a lot fun shooting my keyboards and this picture of Pure has been my signature picture on all forums (except GH) for a long time. I love it so much and your comment makes love it more.  :))

Offline Ducky nordic

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #2097 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 07:56:51 »
Not a commercial item. Made these as a "fan art" as im a fan of Fallout-series. They are for led backlit keyboards but look nice also without leds.

-> Pics

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #2098 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:04:59 »
Not a commercial item. Made these as a "fan art" as im a fan of Fallout-series. They are for led backlit keyboards but look nice also without leds.

Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap! Make this commercial!!! >_<
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2099 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:22:39 »
Still love this shot

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."