Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 462162 times)

Offline Turbo Slaab

The Vape Thread!
« on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 12:32:21 »
I just started vaping a month or so ago and figured I'd create this thread to see if anyone else here is into it.

I started vaping to cut down/quit smoking cigarettes and so far so good. I tried the cheap, throw away ones at the gas station and they just didn't satisfy me enough to stick with them. So recently these brick and mortar stores started popping up locally and I decided to give it another shot, but with real hardware this time. Needless to say I quit analogs the same day and haven't touched one since. I still have an unopened pack and a few in an open pack that I carry around in my bag just so I don't have that "naked, gotta buy some NOW" feeling. Haven't felt the need to smoke any of them though. I think the key is to find a setup thats right for you.

Anyone else here vape?
Looking for CC's!

Offline genkigavin

Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 12:34:21 »
I use blu. I don't like it. 3 months so far.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 12:53:33 »
I use blu. I don't like it. 3 months so far.

That's impressive that you've stuck with it that long! I couldn't get into the "cigarette style" ones. They just don't have the power to get good vapor production or throat hit. I found this quite helpful: http://tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/new-to-vaping/ His video's are good and he knows his stuff. Also he covers basically everything you'd ever need to know.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:03:51 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The Vape Thread!
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:07:49 »
Ohhh now there's a thread! Hate level rising! :p
Naw, the more crap you guys list out, the easier it is for me to search and buy stuff :)
Oh and I'm a smoker, but not inside. Unless its my hookah, which I love.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:11:52 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The Vape Thread!
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:13:34 »
Please tell me you own that tj. It'll add to the mental image I have of you.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:14:37 »
I really like those pipes!

I quit smoking in Feb 2005, but I've been looking at this vape stuff...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:17:20 »
Please tell me you own that tj. It'll add to the mental image I have of you.

I call it the Gandalf, so yes.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:18:26 »
Mine:

http://www.themedstick.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1823

Those "medicinal" kits are way overpriced. It's the same as any other ego-style kit. Damn money hungry doctors!

Show Image

Those are bad ass. If I was into pipes, I'd rock one. In public. Like a boss.
Looking for CC's!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:22:27 »
If my beard was more gray, I'd shake it at people while giving my unsolicited opinions about everything.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The Vape Thread!
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:23:13 »
I rock real pipes, suave is all I can say!

So lets say I want to try vaping, what would it cost for a decent kit, with a cool device and several flavors.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:28:33 »
Haha I used to Vape. Throat hits :)

Don't do it, you might start again.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:32:26 »
If my beard was more gray, I'd shake it at people while giving my unsolicited opinions about everything.

You'd have to whittle your wardrobe down to boxers, a bathrobe, and slippers. Also forcefully convince random people to get off your lawn.

I rock real pipes, suave is all I can say!

So lets say I want to try vaping, what would it cost for a decent kit, with a cool device and several flavors.

I bought this exact kit to start: http://uniquecigs.com/products-page/starter-kits/firefly-kit/

However their juice always tastes burnt to me and it's not the cheapest you can get an ego-style kit like that. A kit like that will get you started with a good, reliable device with pretty good battery life. Of course there's always cheaper, and always more expensive.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:43:28 »

Here's one of my mods. It's an Innokin MVP wrapped with a carbon fiber Vapor Skinz wrap. 3ohm single coil Smoktek cartomizer/tank setup with a stainless steel drip tip. Oh and Srt8 V8ping's Liquid Butterscotch juice.

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:46:33 by Turbo Slaab »
Looking for CC's!

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:48:53 »

I think that's a great idea jd. It helped Noel a lot when ge quit smoking. You should absolutely go for it.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 13:53:01 »

I think that's a great idea jd. It helped Noel a lot when ge quit smoking. You should absolutely go for it.

He said he stopped vaping, so I assume he's back on analogs now? ;D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 14:04:15 »
Need to vapor and quit smoking sigs -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 14:11:16 »

I can't say it's a cig alternative, but it has worked for me and a few friends that smoked more than me. The one thing that I must say is that getting your sense of smell and taste back is pretty sweet. Also, not smelling like an ashtray is a plus as well.
Looking for CC's!

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 14:42:36 »

He said he stopped vaping, so I assume he's back on analogs now? ;D

Oh no not at all :) he just had trouble finding a flavor he really liked, and he tried quite a few. I think the one he actually thought was alright was called "ectoplasm". I would take it up myself since they have cotton candy and apple pie :D

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 14:46:52 »

I can't say it's a cig alternative, but it has worked for me and a few friends that smoked more than me. The one thing that I must say is that getting your sense of smell and taste back is pretty sweet. Also, not smelling like an ashtray is a plus as well.

Can you recommend a good kit without breaking the wallet as I've seen some custom setups in the $300 mark.

I've used blu and wasn't a big fan if it

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 14:51:28 »
I've heard great things about ectoplasm. It's on my "flavors to try" list. My current favorite flavors are desert flavors. Snickerdoodle cookies, strawberry shortcake, peanutbutter cup, ect. I also enjoy drink flavors every now and then. I found a pretty spot on Monster energy flavor.
Looking for CC's!

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 15:00:58 »
I've heard great things about ectoplasm. It's on my "flavors to try" list. My current favorite flavors are desert flavors. Snickerdoodle cookies, strawberry shortcake, peanutbutter cup, ect. I also enjoy drink flavors every now and then. I found a pretty spot on Monster energy flavor.

I loved looking through the dessert flavor list because they always had some really tasty options :D it reminded me a lot of hookah menus.  You should definitely try the ectoplasm next ^^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 15:02:10 »
I have the urge to put my hookah on my desk and just smoke it while I hang on the computer....who needs a vape! :D

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
The Vape Thread!
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 15:18:10 »
Smoke tricks are fun to do

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 15:19:46 »

Can you recommend a good kit without breaking the wallet as I've seen some custom setups in the $300 mark.

I've used blu and wasn't a big fan if it

Doing a very quick search, I found out most places are sold out of ego-style kits. However I found one here: http://vapingzone.com/product-info.php?VZ_eGo-CE4__Passthrough_1000mAh_Starter_Kit_-_Black_-pid693.html

Also, you could buy online at uniquecigs.com where I purchased mine in-store. That kit comes with a bottle of liquid but I personally think their juice has a slight burnt aftertaste.

I loved looking through the dessert flavor list because they always had some really tasty options :D it reminded me a lot of hookah menus.  You should definitely try the ectoplasm next ^^

I will. I just got a bunch of juices in the mail yesterday so I'm good for a little bit! ;P
Looking for CC's!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 15:28:21 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The Vape Thread!
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 15:34:49 »
my hookah

You're a hookah!

I trade tricks for keyboard stuff. Who doesn't?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:26:11 »
I tried e-ciggs recently and was really unimpressed. Tastes weird in natural flavor, and just flat out gross in other flavors. I tried tropical, natural, menthol, and cherry. All disgusting, plus it dries out my mouth something fierce. I thought the nicotine intake would be more noticeable, but I was unsure I was getting anything at all. I quit smoking about 3 years and tried this on a lark, but was just left with a lighter wallet and a sense of regret. I occasionally smoke cigars and think I'll just stick to that for now.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:41:03 »
I tried e-ciggs recently and was really unimpressed. Tastes weird in natural flavor, and just flat out gross in other flavors. I tried tropical, natural, menthol, and cherry. All disgusting, plus it dries out my mouth something fierce. I thought the nicotine intake would be more noticeable, but I was unsure I was getting anything at all. I quit smoking about 3 years and tried this on a lark, but was just left with a lighter wallet and a sense of regret. I occasionally smoke cigars and think I'll just stick to that for now.

Were they the e-cigs that look like cigs?
Looking for CC's!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:58:05 »

Were they the e-cigs that look like cigs?
Two were cigg types and one was the kind that looks like a glass baby bottle. No clue what they are called.

Offline iri

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:34:28 »

i quit smoking cigs in january 2007, and i think every smoker here should switch to e-cigs. ****en hate the smell of cigarettes.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 14:35:39 »
I started smoking disposable Metros about a year back now, in hindsight they were really rather crap. Moved up to a Volt battery, cartos and juices. Nothing fancy but it's inexpensive and does the job.

you can get a good deal at www.smokelessimage.com, they generally have a 3-4 day sale with at least 20% off once a month, and I think the code voltsave15 is good for 15% off any time. They have a loyalty program too which takes an amount off every purchase via a points system. for me it usually covers at least the shipping on a 20-30 dollar order.

Very sustainable as far as cost goes. I think i've invested less than 120 dollars in the whole system and it's lasted nearly a year.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
The vape thread
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 20:57:38 »
So I currently have a pax.  These things are like the Topre of the Vape world.  Anybody else use these or something similar?  Only use it with tobacco of course :rolleyes:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
Re: The vape thread
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:30:02 »
Only use it with tobacco of course ::)

Mmmmhmmmm.

Me too ;)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:30:58 »
i have a MFLB but it pretty much only comes out when i'm sick.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 21:42:52 »
I'm actually looking to get one of these, can some of the professionals point out a good cheap one to start with? I'd also like some good fruit flavors to go along with it!

Gupgup

Offline Turbo Slaab

Looking for CC's!

Offline quickcrx702

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 22:48:27 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42022.msg842501#msg842501

Whoops.  Sorry, didn't see that.  Maybe I need to relax on the Pax.  LOL.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 22:53:04 »
Looking for CC's!

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 00:08:04 »
Got my setup from vaping zone. Post pics later

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline quickcrx702

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 00:33:52 »
Just googled some of the ones you guys referenced, they look pretty good and seem to be at a good price too.  I think the pax is slightly overpriced, but I feel the premium is justified.  Most people have no idea wtf it is, and it doesn't leave my clothes smelling like smoking, so it allows me to self medicate in complete stealth.  The vapor does give off an aroma though, so I can't exactly use it in enclosed/tight indoor public spaces and feel completely ninja like... but I can use it in bigger buildings or outdoor public spaces :)

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 02:21:14 »
Just googled some of the ones you guys referenced, they look pretty good and seem to be at a good price too.  I think the pax is slightly overpriced, but I feel the premium is justified.  Most people have no idea wtf it is, and it doesn't leave my clothes smelling like smoking, so it allows me to self medicate in complete stealth.  The vapor does give off an aroma though, so I can't exactly use it in enclosed/tight indoor public spaces and feel completely ninja like... but I can use it in bigger buildings or outdoor public spaces :)

If you want to hide the vapor, after you take a puff, take a deep breath and hold it in for a second.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Malphas

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:28:18 »
I'm actually looking to get one of these, can some of the professionals point out a good cheap one to start with? I'd also like some good fruit flavors to go along with it!

Gupgup

Joyetech 510 or eGo. Fruit flavours are dire.

Also, this isn't what this thread is actually about. guys. They're talking about "herb" vaporisers, not e-cigs.

Edit: Also, also, I've never used a vaporiser but I'm interested because I can barely be arsed rolling. I don't really get what the benefits are exactly over pipes, etc. - aren't you still just burning the "tobacco" anyway?
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:38:05 by Malphas »

Offline quickcrx702

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 19:07:59 »

Gupgup

Joyetech 510 or eGo. Fruit flavours are dire.

Also, this isn't what this thread is actually about. guys. They're talking about "herb" vaporisers, not e-cigs.

Edit: Also, also, I've never used a vaporiser but I'm interested because I can barely be arsed rolling. I don't really get what the benefits are exactly over pipes, etc. - aren't you still just burning the "tobacco" anyway?

LOL Malphas way to pick up what I'm putting down.  The benefit of vaporizers is that you heat up the herb to the point right before combustion, so that there is no smoke involved but hot enough to liberate the desired compounds in the form of vapor.  What is inhaled is hot air mixed with vapor, instead of harsh smoke.  This way you get the effects you are looking for, minus all of the smoke/tar which is harsh on your lungs.  You also don't stink up your clothes.  When your herb is finished, it stays intact but turns a dark brown color similar to tobacco, as opposed to ash left behind by combustion.

Offline typo

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:59:33 »
sorry. I was thinking of something else /deleted
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:51:25 by typo »

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 00:23:44 »
I started smoking disposable Metros about a year back now, in hindsight they were really rather crap. Moved up to a Volt battery, cartos and juices. Nothing fancy but it's inexpensive and does the job.

you can get a good deal at www.smokelessimage.com, they generally have a 3-4 day sale with at least 20% off once a month, and I think the code voltsave15 is good for 15% off any time. They have a loyalty program too which takes an amount off every purchase via a points system. for me it usually covers at least the shipping on a 20-30 dollar order.

Very sustainable as far as cost goes. I think i've invested less than 120 dollars in the whole system and it's lasted nearly a year.

As long as you don't turn it into a hobby it can be very inexpensive.
Looking for CC's!

Offline typo

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 01:24:18 »
beware of the side affects of these. for instance I just made a completely off topic post in a thread bearing the same title as this one! thus making a complete fool of my self.

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 15:40:10 »
Hey guys, I was going to make a thread about this, but I'm glad to see some of you have quit smoking using electronic cigarettes. I ironically didn't smoke that much when I first started using them, but I did show them to my brother who has been a smoker for 15 years and after buying one it only took him about 2 weeks to stop smoking. I consider that to be one of the biggest unspoken of accomplishments in my life actually lol.

Anyway, I buy my stuff from: www.quantumvapor.com

Their based in NJ, and they have really good natural e-liquid flavors most of which I've tried and thoroughly enjoyed, so if you have any questions let me know.
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 01:57:00 »
http://www.vapedojo.com/

Fairly cheap vapes mimicking the hookah feel.

My brother has one. You just gotta buy your own VG juice instead of it being already in it (like most e-cigs).

Some local headshops here in NJ are selling vapes but they are pretty expensive (but high quality from what I've seen).
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear