Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 871551 times)

Offline PadawanGeek

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4700 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 07:21:39 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 15:01:52 by PadawanGeek »

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4701 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 08:37:00 »
I personally like FPS games like Serious Sam and Painkiller series, as well as Strange Brigade, and something akin to, say, the Half Life series. Lately, there's been a drought of such games and I'm feeling it. I do appreciate some games like Dead Space, Cod series, Doom series, and have gotten The Calisto Protocol and will get CoD MW II as well, though I ain't playing The Calisto Protocol on my dinky laptop and squinting continuously at its 16" screen. 

But lately, I feel like my interest in games has waned somewhat. I've the parts for a nice upgrade for my main gaming system, and to build a 2nd all AMD gaming rig to boot. But, I feel like this is my last upgrade as I have other interests in life.....namely, food!

Cool. You mean food as eating it, or cooking? :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4702 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 12:01:17 »
Really started to enjoy Battlefield 2042 - helped that I snagged it at the appropriate price when it was deeply on sale when they did a Free-Play weekend.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4703 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 12:35:15 »
I just finished Jedi: Fallen Order and it was great! Still making my way through MGS: The Phantom Pain.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4704 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 16:30:14 »
I just finished Jedi: Fallen Order and it was great! Still making my way through MGS: The Phantom Pain.

I really liked this game, but after first 8 or so missions, I didn't know what to do. Supposed to build my base on that oil rig, hire people or something like that but couldn't find out how to do next mission, simply stuck.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4705 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 16:31:53 »

I really liked this game, but after first 8 or so missions, I didn't know what to do. Supposed to build my base on that oil rig, hire people or something like that but couldn't find out how to do next mission, simply stuck.

Yeah, I do not like that part of the game. It took a bit of figuring out. The worst part is where there is a sickness that spreads through your crew and you have to start isolating them. I almost quit at that point. I think I am still at the part.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4706 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 17:51:25 »

Yeah, I do not like that part of the game. It took a bit of figuring out. The worst part is where there is a sickness that spreads through your crew and you have to start isolating them. I almost quit at that point. I think I am still at the part.

Yeah, I wish we could just skip all that crap part and just do missions.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4707 on: Thu, 22 December 2022, 10:20:07 »
cant get enough of doom eternal. wats wrong with me?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4708 on: Thu, 22 December 2022, 21:44:38 »

illucionist is a very violent individual.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4709 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 00:56:30 »
Started up EVE again.
Found a corporation this time instead of doing my solo thing, will see if that works out better.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4710 on: Fri, 23 December 2022, 07:52:05 »

illucionist is a very violent individual.

only in games. i hate rpg-fps games. like why? whats the point?
if i want rpg, i rpg. i i want fps, i smash
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4711 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 02:16:58 »
Started up EVE again.
Found a corporation this time instead of doing my solo thing, will see if that works out better.
Okay turns out this Corp is in an all-out war with another alliance.
That was not what I was expecting.
Their aspirations are quite higher than mine as  well... might be time to find somewhere else to hang out. :P

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4712 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 08:03:08 »
Started playing High on Life, so far hilarious and the character interactions are what I expected.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4713 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 08:12:23 »
Started playing High on Life, so far hilarious and the character interactions are what I expected.
Should've played that when I had Gamepass. Forgot and my sub ran out.
Will get around to it at some point it seems hilarious.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4714 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 08:42:27 »
Main draw for me was the voice actors - that alone was my draw to the game, also it is visually amazing.  I can't wait to get home to play further into it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4715 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 13:35:07 »
Been playing Cult Of The Lamb.

It's like they had a subpar crafting and town game, and a subpar overhead roguelite, and combined the 2 games into one good one. I don't think either side of the coin could stand on its own as a great experience, but together it works. Very cute game with some fun thematic designs like sacrifice, cannibalism, coprophilia.
I do think the pacing needs some serious work though. I never have enough, or can collect the needed resources fast enough to build any of the unlocked buildings further up the skill trees. Plus the followers are very needy, you go to dungeon for 1 round and come back to chaos or death every time in the mid-late game. Each day goes by too quickly, and that negates so much of the advanced unlockables because you are constantly struggling to keep up with the resources grind.

The game needs some rebalancing in terms of pacing, but has an enjoyable and addictive loop of caring for your followers and dungeoning. I don't know if it's worth the full asking price in it's current state, but if you can get it on sale it is a great way to kill a weekend.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 January 2023, 13:36:41 by noisyturtle »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4716 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 08:31:42 »
Loaded up SpiderMan - Miles Morales yesterday, so far digging that as well and now I plan to load up the regular one as well once I get home (I game hop alot when it is late in a season for Destiny 2 so I don't get burned out on that).

Offline phinix

« Reply #4717 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 10:01:08 »
Did you guys play Valheim? Is it worth getting into it?
I looked at it and it may be something nice for a while, but wanted to check.

Offline CyCo

« Reply #4718 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 04:11:02 »
Age of Empires 2: DE. All. the. time.

Offline WimWalther

« Reply #4719 on: Sun, 05 March 2023, 02:14:01 »
Hunt the Wumpus FTW. Get yr game on like it's 1973.

Seriously. Try the free, no-ads version available for Android, it's really good and highly configurable. Totally stomps on the lame Apple Store / iPhone version.