Author Topic: White AZERTY keycaps for Filco majestouch  (Read 3688 times)

Offline S4KuR4

White AZERTY keycaps for Filco majestouch
« on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 16:52:58 »
Hello everybody!!!!

I've just got my brand new filco majestouch 2 in AZERTY, black laser etched keycaps, and I would like to make a checkered keyboard, the problem is that I'd like to buy AZERTY white laser etched keycaps set and I really struggle to find some that will fit my filco... I wonder if I can buy a QWERTY keycaps set and still put the Q instead of the A and the Z instead of the W ? :) I know that some rows doesn't have the same height but I'm really not sure about that. Also I have a 105 ISO layout >.> Any advises would be awesome! (and yeah maybe I can just buy some white blank keycaps but I don't know if it'll look alright with some keycaps with letters and some without and some keycaps will be missing!!)

Thank you!!

Offline N8N

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 16:54:18 »
If you can wait until WASD releases ISO keyboards, you could get a set of caps from them...  even checkerboard, so all your fonts/lettering will be consistent.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline S4KuR4

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 November 2011, 17:59:32 »
Yeah!! I just found out about that! But it'll be a QWERTY layout I guess ;/ Will I be able to swap the A<>Q and Z<>W though? :) Thank your for you answer!!! I also need my &é"'(-è_çà) written on my keys XD! dawww!

edit: just went on the website and apparently you can custom a lot!!! this website really looks interesting!!!!!!! I hope i'll be able to have AZERTY keyboard with korean caracters :D hehe thank you again xD

edit 2: I asked them if I'll be able to order
- 105 ISO keycaps
- checkered (black and white)
- AZERTY with Korean caracters on the 37 letter caps

Sounds complicated but I really really want that !!! >.<

Offline Jimlad

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 06:27:06 »
I have the same problem, I'm trying to find blank black + white keycaps for my Filco Majestouch in ISO format, but I can't find anyone who supplies them besides KBC who only do blacks looking at their website. Does anyone know any suppliers of quality blank keycaps (of any colour) for ISO format in the UK? I'm aware that Filco do really pure white keycaps which is basically what I'm after, but getting blank ones seems almost impossible. If I can get PBT that would be ideal.

Offline rich0d

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 07:41:12 »
Jimlad, do you post on OcUK? Also, http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=692 - best I can think of until WASD start doing ISO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Jimlad

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 10:47:18 »
Quote from: rich0d;450486
Jimlad, do you post on OcUK? Also, KBC - best I can think of until WASD start doing ISO.

Nope, I don't go on the OcUK forums. I've seen the KBC blacks and I was thinking of getting them, but they only do black ABS keys as far as I know. I'll probably have to wait for WASD as well if there really aren't any retailers in the UK.

Offline S4KuR4

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 November 2011, 17:40:50 »
I'm still waiting for WASD to release ISO layouts omg omg I can't wait I'm so excited !!!!!!! XD I hope they do ship internationally !