Author Topic: [GB] Lumina GB : Update posted in Comments  (Read 161432 times)

Offline cemoon

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Plates, Cases, Bases Manufacturing, PCBs Nearing Completion
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 12:37:12 »
Will any extras be available  ? anyone wanna sell a spot?
Lumina.com

It’s actually luminakb.com
You're right, luminakb.com. lol

Offline 112227

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Plates, Cases, Bases Manufacturing, PCBs Nearing Completion
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 09:02:53 »
would anyone like to earn a few bucks for some easy help? I want get a custom plate for lumina, but don't know how to edit the plate file.

Offline bard

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:41:43 »
would anyone like to earn a few bucks for some easy help? I want get a custom plate for lumina, but don't know how to edit the plate file.

Someone shared the plate on the design on Greenwald Designs discord.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 11:34:59 »

Pretty sure 112227 already knows that but they want to pay someone to edit the files for them.

Offline 112227

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 17:52:34 »

Pretty sure 112227 already knows that but they want to pay someone to edit the files for them.

Correct! Tesletron reached me on discord and is helping.

Offline montydrei

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 10:52:39 »
Any news and/or updated pics? :)

I am assuming the January ship date will probably be unlikely at this point

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 12:47:52 »
February update plz

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 15:19:46 »
Brief update from Tesletron on Discord yesterday:

Still Aiming for Feb. Plates and Acrylic bases are on the way to me, and the other case parts are still being machined.

Also still waiting on my PCB guy to do what needs to be done for VIA support :/

Not sure when the Jan estimate became Feb, but hopefully it'll ship this month!

Offline ijag

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 02:03:50 »
Could we get a new invite to the Discord channel? The one in the IC thread has expired. Thanks!

Offline Stagione

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 02:15:45 »
Could we get a new invite to the Discord channel? The one in the IC thread has expired. Thanks!

https://discord.gg/Nb6Puu

Honestly it's just as dead in there

Offline montydrei

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 11:59:52 »

https://discord.gg/Nb6Puu

Honestly it's just as dead in there

Thanks for this. It seems to have a little more up-to-date information from time to time, so it's slightly less dead, I suppose ;)

Offline mnpq.raven

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 05:46:02 »
Another update from Tes yesterday. Sit tight everybody, no need to be upset over delays and such, a delayed game will eventually be good, a rushed game will be forever bad. You'll be shocked upon seeing the sheer volume of parts that tes alone have to manage and QC.

Offline Skribbles

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 03:21:42 »
Why are these discord links expiring. Could someone post a new link?

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 03:44:51 »
Why are these discord links expiring. Could someone post a new link?
This one shouldn't expire https://discord.gg/EHGuuXD

Offline zepled112

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:29:59 »
Any updates on a schedule?

Offline montydrei

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 17:12:52 »
Nothing on the schedule yet, but here's the latest substantial update:

Link to the image in the screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428437535920881664/544638361348997121/IMG_20190211_135140.jpg

Offline brianreags

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 10:04:08 »
uh.. im sorry but what is so difficult about getting updates on this??? you plop all this money down and its like pulling teeth to get some updates..........

seems like we get fed different info every single time!!! just tell us whats up with these boards.....

Offline mnpq.raven

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 10:37:02 »
uh.. im sorry but what is so difficult about getting updates on this??? you plop all this money down and its like pulling teeth to get some updates..........

seems like we get fed different info every single time!!! just tell us whats up with these boards.....
What are you on about ?? Just get into his discord and you get what you want

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline brianreags

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 10:53:09 »

What are you on about ?? Just get into his discord and you get what you want

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wasnt aware i have to go to a seperate discord for info when it all happned on geekhack. cool.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 10:57:08 »
yeah getting updates from discord is pretty common practice for group buys around here. Remember that the group buy runner is literally one person, with a full time job and his own life. This isn't a company with a ton of resources and paid labor. We have gotten updates and pics proving that things are moving, but group buys are not a race, and typically take awhile. You'll be okay, be patient lol.

Offline Starius

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 13:44:58 »
yeah getting updates from discord is pretty common practice for group buys around here. Remember that the group buy runner is literally one person, with a full time job and his own life. This isn't a company with a ton of resources and paid labor. We have gotten updates and pics proving that things are moving, but group buys are not a race, and typically take awhile. You'll be okay, be patient lol.

I've seen this argument come up a lot, and I would agree that it's not unheard of, but I don't know if I would call it common.
After all, why even mention the group buy or interest check at all on a forum in the first place?  Because there are more people browsing for these things here than on Discord.
I have always maintained, (and always shall do so) that the majority of updates should be on the medium or service where the majority of buyers found/bought it. 
I agree, it can be a lot of work for one person organizing it all - but all that person has to do is just keep the main info source updated. (Such as this thread.) 
It's not the buyer's responsibility to chase down this information all over the hills.   We know long stretches of time will pass with nothing to report, that's part of the process.  But we also want reassurances that the person running the show hasn't run off with our money, never to be heard from again.  (A worse case scenario, and its happened to me on Kickstarter.)  And all it takes for that reassurance I speak of is for the show runner to just pop in once in awhile, and chime in with a status update. 

I'm not singling out this group buy at all, I've seen others better at communication but others worse by far.  This is just the standard I would hold to myself if I was the person running a similar project. 

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 14:03:15 »
I’d prefer seeing updates posted here as well. In terms of supplying group buy info, I don’t see how having a separate discord adds any benefits. That being said, the discord is nice to communicate with other buyers but shouldn’t be used to release project updates.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 13:57:09 »
yes agree with above. posting here is more official and professional. the discord is full of a ton of unnecessary conversation.

a post every two week even if its just to say "no update" is better than radio silence.

thanks

Offline montydrei

Here's the latest from the Discord

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

Here's the latest from the Discord

Show Image

Thank you Montydrei

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : Production UPDATE
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 13:13:19 »
Update note posted to the post on the first page.

Offline cemoon

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 13:23:45 »
Update note posted to the post on the first page.
Thanks!!

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 11:22:00 »
Any updates on the new manufacturer?

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 11:28:36 »
Any updates on the new manufacturer?

I have been notified that new base samples are done, and I am waiting for them to get to me now. Also looking to test corian with the new manufacturer, and completely move operations to the new manu if the bases look as good as the photos they sent me do(being low resolution factory photos).

One cool thing about the new manu for the bases currently is that I am upgrading everyone to PVD brass bases from the original polished brass bases. Once they get here, I will be posting photos with the bases and making a more substantial update. However, here is an image sent to me from the new manu with the brass base: https://imgur.com/fmNhr0Q

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 20:00:43 »
Hey all! An update on the overall Lumina situation: We have gotten satisfactory samples of both the Aluminum AND Brass bases (upgraded from Polished Brass to PVD coated) and the pvd brass plates. Aluminum plates are in and ready for the anodization process. Both meet our standards and knowing quality is up to spec, mass production order is being placed. Linked below are pictures of the plates and bases. Acrylic Plates and Bases have been QC'd and are finished. The waldo is now also officially in the QMK configurator.

https://imgur.com/a/LY05uP5

Thanks for Reading!

Offline Starius

« Reply #180 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 20:22:48 »
Hey all! An update on the overall Lumina situation: We have gotten satisfactory samples of both the Aluminum AND Brass bases (upgraded from Polished Brass to PVD coated) and the pvd brass plates. Aluminum plates are in and ready for the anodization process. Both meet our standards and knowing quality is up to spec, mass production order is being placed. Linked below are pictures of the plates and bases. Acrylic Plates and Bases have been QC'd and are finished. The waldo is now also officially in the QMK configurator.

https://imgur.com/a/LY05uP5

Thanks for Reading!

Thank you for sharing the update!  It's very nice to see some progress!
Can't wait to see it all come together.

Offline KingOfMemes

Re: [GB] Lumina GB : New Manu Samples in, Quality is Good, Reorder in process.
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 15:34:54 »
Who do I need to contact about changing the shipping information on my order?  I've moved to a permanent residence, and the order is currently going to be shipped to my old apartment

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 18:11:58 »
Who do I need to contact about changing the shipping information on my order?  I've moved to a permanent residence, and the order is currently going to be shipped to my old apartment

Reach out to Tesletron in PM or reach him on his discord server.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 22:37:32 »

You can DM me through Geekhack as well if you have a new address to update with.

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 03:20:19 »
6 lbs 3.2 oz on that brass base?? Daaaaamn, that's gonna be amazing!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 08:16:41 »

You can DM me through Geekhack as well if you have a new address to update with.

Thanks man, I sent you a PM though here. I'm very excited for this piece, and those pics you posted are beautiful

Offline laserbeamspewpew

Now that the plates, bases, And PCBs look to be in a good place, what’s the status on the Corian parts?

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

Now that the plates, bases, And PCBs look to be in a good place, what’s the status on the Corian parts?

Right now, I am currently awaiting the samples of lumina corian parts from the new manu, which I have tracking for. The estimated delivery is Monday, and assuming everything looks good, I will be placing a new order for corian parts. As for leadtime, I am taking extra care to make sure that the quality of this new place is where I want it to be. Given the fact that people have been waiting a while, I want to make sure that what gets shipped out is the best quality I can provide. Until I confirm quality, I will not give a lead time on the corian parts. However, I will be settling all of those details this upcoming week(thankfully).

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

Samples from new factory came in today, and quality is absolutely above and beyond what I was expecting.  I have tentatively assembled the board to check fit with the other parts, and everything is very comfortable and easy to assemble. Corner Radii fit perfect, threaded inserts are as solid as can be, and production will now move forward at full throttle. Will update with lead time this week. Thank you all again for your patience and support on this project!

Here is an album of the Cosmos Prima variant with the Brass plate and weight features: https://imgur.com/a/BRiDQGv

Offline DePulse

extras avail???  :eek:

Offline Starius

Samples from new factory came in today, and quality is absolutely above and beyond what I was expecting.  I have tentatively assembled the board to check fit with the other parts, and everything is very comfortable and easy to assemble. Corner Radii fit perfect, threaded inserts are as solid as can be, and production will now move forward at full throttle. Will update with lead time this week. Thank you all again for your patience and support on this project!

Here is an album of the Cosmos Prima variant with the Brass plate and weight features: https://imgur.com/a/BRiDQGv

Veeeeery nice!  And quite refreshing to hear about a sample coming in without any issues on the first inspection! 
As usual, the wait is always worth it when the quality standards are met. 
Very exciting!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

you smell that?

it's regret
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
Oh man, so thrilled I got Cosmos Prima! Thanks for the update, this looks amazing :D

Offline KingOfMemes

you smell that?

it's regret

LOL my thoughts exactly. They look absolutely beautiful, but I got the white on white. I'm still going to be happy with it. I can't wait \o/

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
extras avail???  :eek:

I think Puddsy meant to reply to this. Hahaha
218785-0
Seriously that new cosmos looks better than the original version. People are going to SH** when they get these in hand and people see pictures of setups.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2019, 22:55:07 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Starius

I'm not gonna lie to ya, I regret not seeing the potential of the Cosmos version now. 
But I bet I won't be disappointed with the white version either!

Offline KingOfMemes

I'm not gonna lie to ya, I regret not seeing the potential of the Cosmos version now. 
But I bet I won't be disappointed with the white version either!

If it makes you feel any better, since I ordered, I moved into a new place with Corian countertops extremely similar to the Cosmos LOL. Could have had a keeb that matched my house XD

Real talk though, the white is sooooo clean. I think we both made grand decisions.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

More prototypes showed up today. These are not 100% polished, as I have a nice buffing wheel on the way, but here they are nevertheless: https://imgur.com/a/pXzHdi0

Concerning lead time, am in talks with Manu's, and working on timings, and will update the thread with a figure this week still.

Offline KingOfMemes

The red looks soooooo sexy...

Offline DasGnome

Man, these are all looking really nice now! I ordered Elderberry, which is still good looking, but now I have deep regrets about not getting Cosmos too...