Author Topic: Gloyz! 3 new unique keycaps listed- Topre Gryllus, Cherry Gryllus & Zarkos  (Read 111682 times)

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
Re: Gloyz! !!SALE TODAY !! Invoices sent, some keycaps still available!
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 04:11:41 »
Stayed up until 01:00 (had to get up at 05:00 oops) and managed to snag M8. I can't wait to receive my first artisan!

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:34:34 »
Invoice paid for glorious eye of dragon! Pumped.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 09:22:08 »
E15, F8 and L4...
Somebody stop me. :P
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
Re: Gloyz! !! Shipping !! Invoices sent, some keycaps still available!
« Reply #403 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 14:54:54 »
A bunch shipped today, the rest will go tomorrow. (I should have allowed myself an extra day in this stage, I know better!)   

Form is still open for a few more hours before it closes, then we will start moving the remaining pieces to the website, though it will take a little while before we get them there.   At this point if you want seconds on anything, go ahead and fill another form, or if you want more than the form will let you pick of a single category let me know and I'll fix it. 
FIND US AT: 

Offline Liam

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:42:36 »
A bunch shipped today, the rest will go tomorrow. (I should have allowed myself an extra day in this stage, I know better!)   

Form is still open for a few more hours before it closes, then we will start moving the remaining pieces to the website, though it will take a little while before we get them there.   At this point if you want seconds on anything, go ahead and fill another form, or if you want more than the form will let you pick of a single category let me know and I'll fix it.
How long will it take to be delivered to California? Very excited :p
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #405 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:59:17 »

How long will it take to be delivered to California? Very excited :p

I think yours in in the group to ship tomorrow, then most packages seem to get all over the US in 2 days. We are in California, but way up North in the middle of nowhere so they don't seem to get elsewhere in Cali any faster.
FIND US AT: 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Gloyz! !!Keycaps shipping, some still available, seconds allowed!
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 18:01:10 »
Got my dragon eye! Holy cow, it's great! I love how the pupil follows you no matter the angle!

Offline Liam

Re: Gloyz! !!Keycaps shipping, some still available, seconds allowed!
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 23:55:40 »
Recieved mine today ;D Super cool :p

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
Re: Gloyz! Keycaps shipped & Update on current projects
« Reply #408 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:15:04 »
Updates: 

*All paid orders are shipped (I still have 1 order from this sale and 1 from the last sale unpaid, I'll be contacting those folks today to see if they would still like them).
  *Remaining pieces are being moved to the website, they will be available in a few days.
  *We are working on a whole new gamut of keycaps, many of which will be 1 of a kind designs or limited runs. We are planning on how to run sales on these new pieces - Any input on should we save them up and do them in first come first serve sales, or post them up at random times on the website as we finish them up and whomever finds them first gets first dibs? (We will try to do fairly frequent drops to the website if we do them like that).
  *We are currently molding some Buckling Springs and Hi-tek tester pieces to see if we can get those stems going as well.
  *Alps and Topre testers seem to have come out quite nicely so we should have those stems coming in future releases.

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 April 2016, 13:36:48 by gloyz »
FIND US AT: 

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
Re: Gloyz! !!Keycaps shipped - Update on current projects
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 13:51:34 »
Welp, tracking states that my key was delivered this morning, but it hasn't. I'm just hoping that they delivered to the wrong house and one of my neighbours will be over tomorrow...

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #410 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 15:02:23 »
Mine has been stuck in customs for almost a week. That's usually a sign that I'll get some extra tax added to it.

I hope yours turn up soon. :)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 12:37:03 »
Mine has been stuck in customs for almost a week. That's usually a sign that I'll get some extra tax added to it.

Yup, £14.12 ($20.63) of it. PMing Gloyz now to see if there is anything that can be done about it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 12:38:34 »

Yup, £14.12 ($20.63) of it. PMing Gloyz now to see if there is anything that can be done about it.

What do you mean? Didn't Gloyz put the total amount?

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 13:59:49 »
Sooo, lets have a Customs discussion, since they are apparently being evil this go-around for folks!   I'm not sure how other sellers handle customs declarations, but I'll write what I have been doing any why and then please provide me with input on your opinion/ outlook of the matter!

So far I have briefly looked into the major countries that we ship to and tend to find that Art is not subject to as many fees in most of the countries so I usually declare the pieces as "Artisan Keycap Sculptures" with the magic code number as one for small sculptural art , I can't remember the number off the top of my head. For the overall designation, sometimes I mark the other box and write "Art" or sometimes I put commercial sample if I'm in a hurry (from when I ship glass I was advised by some to do them that way, that they found it the best path through customs BUT that was usually just to Canada).   I also post the actual value, (or average value of the total keycaps so I don't have to list each separately) on the forms for 2 reasons - if the package disappears and I want to make a case for them to make up the value of the lost package (though not sure if they will if it's not insured) and because I print my labels from paypal, they are electronically linked to the paypal receipt. So I'm sure somehow, someway, if they want to come investigating it would be an easy connection for them to put the actual value to the packages and I can't afford huge fines and such!! To mail packages with a hand written customs form somehow jumps the shipping cost up to over $13/ package (I do it now for just under $4), so that isn't a great solution either.

Now, that all being said, I'm more than willing to start a chart that tells me the best way to declare packages for each country, so that they are truthful, but subject to the least amount of fees & taxes for you guys, or what else can you suggest?
FIND US AT: 

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
Re: Gloyz! Customs/importing discussion in progress- Stems disussion next...
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 15:05:04 »
And... Lets get the stems discussion going...

We now have successful molds for: Topre & Alps stems, and covers for Buckling spring and Hi-Tek keycaps. Now, the question is - what do you want on them? I want to focus our efforts on what you guys want, so I need to know how much interest there is in which keycap designs on which stems, so PLEASE speak up if you want these to happen!

FIND US AT: 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 15:15:42 »

We now have successful molds for: Topre & Alps stems, and covers for Buckling spring and Hi-Tek keycaps. Now, the question is - what do you want on them? I want to focus our efforts on what you guys want, so I need to know how much interest there is in which keycap designs on which stems, so PLEASE speak up if you want these to happen!

Show Image

I like the Dragon Eye most, but I can't help get this feeling of phallicism whenever I look at it. Maybe a variation?  :))

Also, like the beasts second-most.

Offline lenk

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 19:34:10 »

Mine is £13.66 for a single drangon eye, going to post office tomorrow to pay and collect. This is one hell of an expensive keycap.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 01:09:31 »

He probably did. And that's fine. I know US law fines the sender heavily when they don't post the actual price. It's just that rarely, if any package coming from the US comes through without added import taxes.

Mine was €30 or so. I will try to look into what would work best for my country.
But ultimately it's absolutely not Gloyz's fault. It's a risk you take as a buyer.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Liam

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 01:15:40 »
I think it would be better if you match the color of the actual keycap and the stem. Mine looks a bit weird, but it's ok.

Moreover, I'm interested in some buckling for my IBM :thumb:

Offline lenk

« Reply #419 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 13:18:36 »

He probably did. And that's fine. I know US law fines the sender heavily when they don't post the actual price. It's just that rarely, if any package coming from the US comes through without added import taxes.

Mine was €30 or so. I will try to look into what would work best for my country.
But ultimately it's absolutely not Gloyz's fault. It's a risk you take as a buyer.

What if I am paying $5 for a keycap (cost of raw material), and $20 is for the service of making them, or even a donation because Gloyz is a nice guy.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 18:11:18 »

Mine is £13.66 for a single drangon eye, going to post office tomorrow to pay and collect. This is one hell of an expensive keycap.
Mine was the same - M8 Dragon Eye. Luckily for me, Gloyz very kindly agreed to my idea of letting the cap be returned to them after the 21 days, and then making it "customs friendly" and sending it back. The added shipping costs will still be an awful lot less than the customs charge, and I don't mind waiting a month for the Eye, I intend on hanging on to it for quite a while!

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #421 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 18:18:31 »

What if I am paying $5 for a keycap (cost of raw material), and $20 is for the service of making them, or even a donation because Gloyz is a nice guy.
Alternate idea - someone acts as a US proxy for all EU buyers, thereby separating Gloyz from any involvement in the tax-dodging. If no receipts are included, would there be any way to tie the items to their true value?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

That is excellent, but why not move this into a new thread?

Personally, I hate long threads that become a wall of TL;DR and prefer a larger number of shorter, more descriptive threads for distinct topics.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ

That is excellent, but why not move this into a new thread?

Personally, I hate long threads that become a wall of TL;DR and prefer a larger number of shorter, more descriptive threads for distinct topics.

I guess I am a bit gun shy of starting new threads as it took about a week to get this one up and running, so just updating this one seems to be the easiest...
FIND US AT: 

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
All of the keycaps remaining after the last sale are now listed on our website. 

Progression on the new pieces for the next sale is going well, we hope to have some teaser pics soon!
FIND US AT: 

Offline clappingcactus

Re: Gloyz! Keycaps now available on our website
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:20:40 »
Your keycaps are way cool. Just ordered three and can't wait to stick them on my keyboard. What's the most reliable way to know about your next sale? Set up notifications for this thread?

:)

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:36:17 »
Your keycaps are way cool. Just ordered three and can't wait to stick them on my keyboard. What's the most reliable way to know about your next sale? Set up notifications for this thread?

:)

Thank you!! & For now, yes, that is probably the best, I don't have a mailing list set up yet. I also try to update the upcoming sales page on our website as soon as we have information for sales as well. Maybe I should set up an RSS feed to that page for people to get notified of updates? Would that be helpful everyone?
FIND US AT: 

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 17:48:58 »
Thank you!! & For now, yes, that is probably the best, I don't have a mailing list set up yet. I also try to update the upcoming sales page on our website as soon as we have information for sales as well. Maybe I should set up an RSS feed to that page for people to get notified of updates? Would that be helpful everyone?

I know eventually my e-mail will randomly put geekhack notifications in spam. No chance of that happening with an RSS feed. Those are just my two cents, but I'd listen to people who have been your customers for more than an hour more than I would me. :P

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:24:32 »
Here is a tiny sneak preview of some of the types of keycaps we are working on for the next sale.

Please chime in if you want these in stems other than Cherry, we need to know how many we should be doing in other stems!!
FIND US AT: 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #429 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:32:44 »
Here is a tiny sneak preview of some of the types of keycaps we are working on for the next sale.

Please chime in if you want these in stems other than Cherry, we need to know how many we should be doing in other stems!!

What's the top middle one?

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #430 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:39:49 »

Just a random abstract design... Looks kinda like a face to me though.    This is just a small selection of the abstract ones we are working on, most individual patterns will be a very limited number, or 1 of a kind design.  We have some other things going as well, keeping in the flat topped functional style key. I'll try and get some pics in the next few days of one of the other styles we are working on.
FIND US AT: 

Offline Suembeaux

Re: Gloyz! Small preview of some new keycap designs - Pic
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 23:18:04 »
BACON
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 23:38:20 »
right green looks like ketupat, a traditional food here :p

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 23:52:53 »

Just a random abstract design... Looks kinda like a face to me though.    This is just a small selection of the abstract ones we are working on, most individual patterns will be a very limited number, or 1 of a kind design.  We have some other things going as well, keeping in the flat topped functional style key. I'll try and get some pics in the next few days of one of the other styles we are working on.

Ah, yeah. That's totally the feel I got from it. Looks a lot like a face, and I'm really digging its abstractness.  :thumb:

Offline Capmerica

« Reply #434 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 00:03:02 »
Those keys on the top line are sweet. I would love to have them for Topre switch.

Offline Vimto

« Reply #435 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 00:39:21 »
Would love to see Gryllus in Topre. My favourite Gloyz so far.

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 07:45:45 »
Don't take this as an insult, but my grandma would love these!

Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 18:12:49 »
Hey, my caps got here and they're gorgeous! I'm not joking when I say I'd like other GloyZ caps in the remaining colors of the rainbow to complete my top row;

Offline btctopre

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 18:49:36 »
depending on the dominant color(s), i'd be in for topre++

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 22:15:54 »
Here are some more preview pics for the next sale. We are aiming for about 7-10 days, I'll announce definitive dates as soon as we know!  There will be alps, topre, BS and Hi-tek pieces, though most of those will be creatures similar to the last sales. There will be no new cherry stemmed critters in this sale.
FIND US AT: 

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: Our first key cap sale [Delayed to Fri Oct 23] PICS!!
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 22:22:23 »
Ok, good news and bad news! 

Good news, I have heard from the number 1 pick in the giveaway and have them ready to ship so winners should be hearing from me tomorrow with shipping info.

Bad news, we are delaying the sale by a few days, we have been working like crazy but got a bit overloaded, so we just need a few more days to put the final touches on these pieces. New sale date will be Friday, 10/23/15 starting at 3:00PM Pacific Time.

Good news - Here is a preview pic of what's to come!  These are all colored in the mold, not painted. We use a modified technique taken from a very old glass casting process so we are able to get a wide variety of colors in our caps. Some of the caps (the witches and ghosts) are quite dysfunctional, and aimed to be mostly collector pieces.  Hope you all like them!!
Those ghosts are fantastic!
Awesome job.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #441 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 06:33:26 »
Here are some more preview pics for the next sale. We are aiming for about 7-10 days, I'll announce definitive dates as soon as we know!  There will be alps, topre, BS and Hi-tek pieces, though most of those will be creatures similar to the last sales. There will be no new cherry stemmed critters in this sale.

what is the texture on the top of the glitter caps? do they have a clear resin top on those?

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 13:34:19 »

what is the texture on the top of the glitter caps? do they have a clear resin top on those?

No, they are not topped in resin, the glitter is right on top to better reflect the light, so have a rough texture. The glitter is set in well to the underlying layer though so should hold up to reasonable use as long as things aren't drug across the surface of them too much.
FIND US AT: 

Offline Capmerica

Re: Gloyz! Next sale coming soon - more preview pics included!
« Reply #443 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 20:31:47 »
the caps look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
Re: Gloyz! Next sale coming soon - more preview pics included!
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 19:30:49 »
Smooth & Sleek Sale
Friday 6pm Pacific Time

Pics at: http://imgur.com/a/SFkow
(There are a bunch of them so linking rather than posting all of them here)

These are the pics with the correct sales numbers so you can keep track of the numbers you want.

There will be a few more keys of another new style that are not included here yet. I hope to have pictures of them to release tomorrow, but there will be only about 10-15 of them (I'm doing final quality control on them now).

Sale will be through our website this time, I'll be putting the countdown timer and updating the pertinent details there.

FIND US AT: 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Gloyz! Smooth & Sleek Sale - Friday
« Reply #445 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 19:43:30 »
So many colors!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 21:31:31 »
Gorgeous work! I'm ready to go to war for A7, E4 and H5.

I'm really, really glad that you are embracing traditional glass-blowing artistic styling. :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:48:40 »
may i ask what kind of prices to expect? awesome and unique cap design, sir!

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 18:17:05 »
may i ask what kind of prices to expect? awesome and unique cap design, sir!

The abstract designs will be $25 and the glitters $12.  Thank You!!
FIND US AT: 

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 18:39:23 »
Which ones are MX?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk