geekhack Community > Off Topic

Appreciation Drills (b.c. we lose skills that we don't practice everyday):

(1/3) > >>

korrelate:

A prior boss once gave me a great piece of advice: catch people doing something RIGHT. Hardly ever does a week go by when I'm not reminded of this - I'm of the mind that you determine the reality you participate by the choices you make and the skills you practice. Practice noticing people do the right thing and you'll probably see more of it. Practice complaining about <whatever> and you'll just get better at finding things to complain about. Doesn't mean that a**holes aren't out there (of course they are) and it doesn't mean that life doesn't suck sometimes (of course it does); I just mean to remind people that you get better at things you practice everyday. So take a moment to flex that appreciation muscle and share something that went right today.

- I'm glad my kids had pretty a great first day back-to-school.

tp4tissue:
Tp4 appreciates that watermelon farmers are still working hard. They're a bit more expensive now $6, but still affordable.

Olumin:
Im very good at complaining. Yes im fun hello.

fohat.digs:
Smiles and gratitude in the workplace can do a lot to improve morale. You are not being insincere when you tell a co-worker "Hey thanks for .... " and that is a good thing for everybody.

noisyturtle:
I appreciate that people understand the learning and training process at my new job and are not immediately overwhelming me with work I don't fully understand or can do yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version