Author Topic: Tap or Bottled ?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Tap or Bottled ?
« on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 18:14:50 »
So.... they be like, yo Tp4, bottled water's got _Leeching_ of petro-chemicals.

But if you look at civil engineering water (mains) pipes, they're metal, BUT, with a plastic inner liner.

Thoughts ?

Offline Shapey Fiend

Re: Tap or Bottled ?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 18:23:23 »
The tap water quality is pretty good where I am so I'm fine with that.

To be honest I very rarely drink water anyway I just have a few mugs of tea a day.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 18:23:53 »
Plastic creates waste and costs money, but tap tastes like ****.
The age old conundrum.

I've always wanted to get one of those big fancy countertop purifiers they have in water stores, but then you are buying expensive filter sets every few months for a unit that already costs $500

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 18:37:30 »
I live in a hard water area so it tastes good I guess? Water tastes like water to me.

Now if I'm on holiday in Singapore or something I ain't drinking the tap water. If it's been through 6 or 7 peoples bodies already I'll take my chances with the microplastics, which are probably already in the tap water anyway.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 19:25:29 »
I have a filter on my tap that makes the water taste okay.  At work we have a fancy reverse osmosis filtration system with a built in heater(perfect for tea or coffee press).  I've been meaning to pick up an under the counter reverse osmosis setup for home and will get to it eventually.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 05:39:48 »
only ever drink mineral water from glas bottles. I also use it to make tea. no tap water, no plastic bottles.

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 03:00:53 »
tap water is best.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 06:34:40 »
only ever drink mineral water from glas bottles. I also use it to make tea. no tap water, no plastic bottles.

I've been reading, they don't wash these bottles all that well.

Offline Tastenplatte

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 10:05:47 »
I live in a hard water area so it tastes good I guess? Water tastes like water to me.

Now if I'm on holiday in Singapore or something I ain't drinking the tap water. If it's been through 6 or 7 peoples bodies already I'll take my chances with the microplastics, which are probably already in the tap water anyway.

Does that even make sense? Wouldnt a water plant clean it to almost pure again anyway?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 22:43:01 »
But if you look at civil engineering water (mains) pipes, they're metal, BUT, with a plastic inner liner.
You'd be surprised how much municiple water is still run through lead pipes.

Lead pipes are actually fine, depending on the water.
With the right water it will coat the lead with a protective layer (like oxidizing aluminum) and keep the lead from leaching into the water. The problem, and is what happened in Flint, was they switched the water supply and the newer water stripped that protective coating that had built up over the decades.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Go Gurt Stick

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 09:09:38 »
I have a reverse osmosis filter thing in my basement which I use for my water. It makes the water taste better than regular tap water, but that tap water in my area is said to be good and doesn't taste all that bad.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 09:28:24 »
I have a reverse osmosis filter thing in my basement which I use for my water. It makes the water taste better than regular tap water, but that tap water in my area is said to be good and doesn't taste all that bad.

Lead actually tastes Sweet

Offline Go Gurt Stick

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 07:54:27 »

Lead actually tastes Sweet

I think my water should be fine then. I haven't noticed any sweetness in the water, tap or filtered, and I never knew that lead tasted sweet.

When I mentioned that the filter makes the water taste better than regular tap water, I meant that it tastes a little blander, as in it has a cleaner taste. I don't notice any odor coming from it as well.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 08:18:16 »

I don't notice any odor coming from it as well.

People like to forget that tap water in the US has chlorine in roughly the same proportion as the water in swimming pools.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 14:18:27 »
Water bottles CAN leach into your water; this is why bottled water has a best-before date. However, it only affects taste, and isn't significantly dangerous.

Over here tap water is the same, if not cleaner than bottled water anyway. It's a demo lab experiment we do at our university ^^ .
Check my keyboard video reviews: