Author Topic: Be gentle  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Bencze

Be gentle
« on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 02:12:35 »
Hi,

I recently joined you folks on this special journey to the unknown.
I got a cm storm qfr blue some time ago, maybe 2 weeks or less.
Since then I got curious and got myself a cheap Ducky 1087xm which is so-so (very mixed feelings because of some quality issues but alps sound is interesting).
I got news yesterday that I'll get a little extra money coming wage so I immediately rewarded myself for my fine work, just submitted the order for a brown switch HPE87, maybe it will be a little less annoying to colleagues ears (testing them with blue switch but after 5 seconds they complained about sound), I don't know if I will like it - apparently some do some don't - hoping for the best so I don't have quality issues with it, then worst case scenario will sell it with a little loss, there's virtually no browns in Hungary so.

I know I should also try clear and green switch and then where's the Unicomp classic, but I can't afford to keep buying keyboards from overseas (yay shipping and vat). If I act as an adult then I will only buy one every half year or so but what can I say I suddenly got an urge to try them all. Maybe not a very original story, a little scary though.

cheers
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Be gentle
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 02:54:16 »
I think most of us start this thinking "I'm not going to buy more than I need" it last about 2 seconds.

Welcome to Geekhack
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Larken

Re: Be gentle
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 03:51:35 »
sounds like half the people on geekhack. welcome to wallet hack.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Internetlad

Re: Be gentle
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 15:14:35 »
you should look into getting your hands on a switch tester, I don't know if they're still floating around but IIRC hashbaz was one of the guys who has em. Usually he's willing to lend it out if you'll pay shipping (it did a tour of the country a few times) and should give you a good feel for the switches.

Buckling Springs are something you need to try, either from a Model M or a unicomp classic. I'd reccomend trying to get a cheap M on ebay and going from there.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!