Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 550925 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 03:21:21 »

Being on a bus where TV shows pictures of cats and poems from a local contest
wow dude
for real?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 04:30:23 »

Being on a bus where TV shows pictures of cats and poems from a local contest
wow dude
for real?
yes. the show with the cat pictures is called "**** news" haha
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 16:34:37 »
david bowie
idk if im surprised to be surprised or not
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 01:34:38 »
david bowie
idk if im surprised to be surprised or not

His music or his dashing good looks?

Also, I'm assuming you've seen his ...adventures... with Mick Jagger?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 14:40:10 »
golden retrievers have such soft mouths they can carry eggs without breaking them
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:01:09 »
golden retrievers have such soft mouths they can carry eggs without breaking them
(Attachment Link)
this should go under awww thread. very handsome dog sir

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
What makes you happy?
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 15:03:59 »
(Attachment Link)
this should go under awww thread. very handsome dog sir
its not mine tho... although all donations are welcome

but i just had to put it in here because it makes me so happy
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline compgeke

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 21:59:37 »
Cheap stuff does. Picked up a Inspiron 537s without a hard drive and a Lenovo L201p monitor for $2.

Inspiron's a 2.7 GHz Pentium Dual-Core with 4 gigs of ram and the monitor's a 20" 1600x1200 monitor.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 00:11:49 »
Cheap stuff does. Picked up a Inspiron 537s without a hard drive and a Lenovo L201p monitor for $2.

Inspiron's a 2.7 GHz Pentium Dual-Core with 4 gigs of ram and the monitor's a 20" 1600x1200 monitor.
Hell yeah. I nabbed a laptop dock off ebay yesterday with best offer and got it for like 1/3 retail price.

Another thing I love? Hard work paying off. I used to be the slackest piece of ****, layed on the couch all day feeling sorry for myself. Last few months I've been running heaps and practicing twice a week for grid iron and I'm really starting to see results. Could barely run for 20 seconds before but now I'm the first person to arrive at training and the last one to leave. Love it!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:46:52 »

Hell yeah. I nabbed a laptop dock off ebay yesterday with best offer and got it for like 1/3 retail price.

Another thing I love? Hard work paying off. I used to be the slackest piece of ****, layed on the couch all day feeling sorry for myself. Last few months I've been running heaps and practicing twice a week for grid iron and I'm really starting to see results. Could barely run for 20 seconds before but now I'm the first person to arrive at training and the last one to leave. Love it!

Damn, that's awesome to hear!  I need some of that kick-ass attitude you've got!   :thumb:

What makes me happy:
My coworker just answered his phone in possibly the most Minnesotan accent I could imagine.  (we're in WI though)
"Hello?" "Oh yah I'm doin' real good." "Ohh, yah, mmhmm.  You betcha."

Bahahahaha, I almost started cracking up.  Took massive restrain.   :))   I love it.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:59:36 »
Is it weird that looking at the pictures of my keyboards while I'm right in front of them makes me happy? lololol

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 15:27:40 »
Is it weird that looking at the pictures of my keyboards while I'm right in front of them makes me happy? lololol

yes

pls stahp it

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 15:35:32 »
Today:

- Writing with my Pilot Vanishing Point
- Lunch with friends
- New job offer with pay raises

Offline iri

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 03:04:32 »
a short call to the bank and i'm going to have my new credit card with $5000 interest-free limit delivered to a local office.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 03:30:43 »
Halloween stuff showing up in stores. :-}

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 04:20:45 »
Halloween stuff showing up in stores. :-}

Yeah. I already bought some. Couldn't help myself from candy corn colored M&Ms and Cadbury Scream Eggs (green goop in center instead of easter yellow).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 04:39:59 »
when its oktober tyme to skeleton
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:59:48 »
Today:

- Cheap flights out of Cincinnati finally
- Planning out jetsetting and traveling trips for all of September
- Getting free pizza for lunch

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:03:24 »
What makes me happy?

Solving a problem that is keeping me from getting a job done.

-What about all your other problems?

Just what are you insinuating?

-Dude, you don't just have issues. You have subscriptions.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 21:01:12 »
When you get a keyboard that is somewhat unique and different from anything you've had before. I received two keyboards today, my first korean custom and a 'vintage' board and to be honest I spent most of my time playing with the vintage board.  :))

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 21:05:20 »
When you get a keyboard that is somewhat unique and different from anything you've had before. I received two keyboards today, my first korean custom and a 'vintage' board and to be honest I spent most of my time playing with the vintage board.  :))
Which Korean keyboard did you get? I couldn't tell from your teaser photo. Congratulations either way!  :)
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 21:17:04 »
Which Korean keyboard did you get? I couldn't tell from your teaser photo. Congratulations either way!  :)

lightsaver v1 black (a.k.a. lightsaber)

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 22:54:24 »
My teacher said one index card. I wrote so tiny I need a magnifying glass. I feel accomplished. It all fits and then some.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 05:19:33 »
Watching my daughter's gymnastics team come second, and her (and the rest of her team) get a medal :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 14:13:12 »
Working outside today, got stung by a bee on my shoulder and for some reason it doesn't hurt at all, really weird. This made me happy because in theory it should be stinging. =)

Offline iri

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 15:24:28 »
Working outside today, got stung by a bee on my shoulder and for some reason it doesn't hurt at all, really weird. This made me happy because in theory it should be stinging. =)
wasn't it a wasp?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #226 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 15:25:32 »
wasn't it a wasp?

Straight honey bee son. I flicked it off my shoulder after it stung me and threw up the West Side.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:32:21 »
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:33:45 »
Show Image

I remember those days, I used to dump my entire paycheck on records...now I guess it's keyboards =p

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:34:00 »
there are more happythreads

thx binge
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lurch

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:36:23 »

thx binge

not enough imo

Offline Lurch

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:37:10 »
Show Image

I remember those days, I used to dump my entire paycheck on records...now I guess it's keyboards =p

It's a nice blend of both for me. At the moment at least. :P

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:40:03 »

thx binge

not enough imo
same
but i feel like i cant open another one without someone blurting "been done before" "wtf we need these for" or 7000 links to vaguely maybe sort of relevant threads kind of if you have a mostly skewed perception
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 23:46:36 »
not sure what makes me happy. not demilk at least
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:15:33 »
Not having Calculus homework means I can sleep and not throw things, run my blood pressure up, or get progressively closer to having a stroke.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 22:17:08 »
The weirdos that come up with this stuff...  :))
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 22:56:31 »
Politically:
When good things happen to people.
Realistically:
When good things happen to me.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #237 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 22:59:13 »
Politically:
Realistically:
When good things happen to me.

true dat homes

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 04:21:25 »

Politically:
bless u
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 04:49:45 »
My blood pressure was neither high nor low yesterday. It was normal. I felt ok. That doesn't happen very often.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:32:06 »
Recently:

- Friends visiting
- Traveling
- Road trips in my new car
- CDs and new ice creams to try

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:33:20 »
Recently:

- Friends visiting
- Traveling

which car did you get again? i'm in the market and don't know what to get..

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:34:24 »
I have a 2012 Altima digi. I love it :D

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:38:25 »
Recently:

- Friends visiting
- Traveling

:thumb:

I'm happy about almost being done moving for the 5th time in the last few months and buying all new stuff.
c h e r

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:39:31 »
Recently:

- Friends visiting
- Traveling

:thumb:

I'm happy about almost being done moving for the 5th time in the last few months and buying all new stuff.

That's fun! I have another 8 months before I can do that =(
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:40:18 »
I moved 6 times in my last year of college. It was hell. I'm happy to be stable and have a homebase somewhere. Good luck in your (hopefully) last move cherpalla :).

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 12:01:28 »
I moved 6 times in my last year of college. It was hell. I'm happy to be stable and have a homebase somewhere. Good luck in your (hopefully) last move cherpalla :).

I'm 29 and I have a 7 year old so it's been stressful. I won't be here permanently, but I can at least hang out for a few years while I figure my life out.  :cool:
c h e r

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 08:29:54 »
Today: My pay raise is here!! Now to decide how I can blow it all ;)

Offline mreverything

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 09:08:20 »
Swimming outdoors has been making me happy lately.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:06:52 »
Recently:

- Friends visiting
- Traveling

:-*

Today: My pay raise is here!! Now to decide how I can blow it all ;)

Remember those friends?  ;)

OH!  Seriously though, you should blow it on Hori.  :D