Author Topic: Post your cyberpunk / world in decay photos  (Read 2230 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Post your cyberpunk / world in decay photos
« on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:33:44 »
Who likes cyberpunk / decay / pripryat-esque pictures?

I just started shooting industrial / decay like photos this evening...

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE END OF THE WORLD TO YOU?

Pls post these kinds of pictures. I'm curious what you got.

192039-0
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline kgolden

Re: Post your cyberpunk / world in decay photos
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:52:09 »
I love this type of photography. I don't have any pictures to share though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 20:50:50 »
Actually it looks like something out of a (not necessarily cyberpunky) computer game.

Nice pic :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:12:39 »
192121-0

192123-1

192125-2

192127-3
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:23:46 »

Is this "world in decay"?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:29:24 »
Show Image

Is this "world in decay"?

I cannot trump that picture. That is right up there, lonely at #1 of decay-ness.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:34:06 »
192184-0

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 17:30:38 »
Oooh, I like this thread. Here are some of mine from the archives (am I doing this right?). There's one in particular that's lost which I can't find anywhere, oh well.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 16:43:03 »
Oooh, I like this thread. Here are some of mine from the archives (am I doing this right?). There's one in particular that's lost which I can't find anywhere, oh well.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's really nice!

In the Netherlands, everything is so organized. So the point at which a building would really be in decay is difficult to find, because by then the building would've been demolished already.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 20:56:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's really nice!

In the Netherlands, everything is so organized. So the point at which a building would really be in decay is difficult to find, because by then the building would've been demolished already.

What about buildings of historical significance?  Or are they generally better maintained?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ